| 26 | Tentacruel | 8.45339% |
| 44 | Aggron | 5.83287% |
| 36 | Zygarde | 6.55234% |
| 125 | Togetic | 0.50746% |
| 128 | Shedinja | 0.44904% |

total : ~30.55%

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Dang, the fun team I've been working on recently actually fits DH perfectly. Count me in.

| 8 | Swampert | 11.31752%
| 45 | Machamp | 5.78886%
| 69 | Sharpedo | 2.97263%
| 87 | Froslass | 1.37962%
| 96 | Reuniclus | 0.98010%
| 177 | Spiritomb | 0.13296%

Total: ~22.57%

ALT: Hugg Wild

Clean Alt: MegaRango

Sceptile DH 3%
Cofagrigus DH .91%
Umbreon 7%
Gligar 5%
Chandy 10.6%
Quagsire DH 3%

It comes to under 30 pretty easily.

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Just broke the 1300s, and should hit C rank tonight assuming I get time to ladder a bit more.

My favorite replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-191981325

Offensive Spiritomb is no goddamned joke. In addition to trapping and killing lead Beedrill (Pursuit also kills, so if they Protect on the Sucker Punch and then try to hard switch out, you've still got them), which is always loads of fun, it's also finding use as a foil to Coil Zygarde, an excellent answer to Alakazam (non-Dazzling Gleam doesn't have anything that scratches it, and even Dazzling Gleam versions need to watch out for Sucker Punch), and just a general trapper and revenge killer. I originally put it there to have an offensive answer to MGallade and to have a spinblocker that didn't instantly fold to Blastoise, but I kind of love it.

TR Reuniclus is also a lot of fun. It 2HKOs everything not named Suicune or Zygarde in the entire tier, and demolishes offensive teams. It makes Spiritomb and Machamp far deadlier, too.

MAudino and physically defensive Aromatisse are a serious pain for the team, though. Florges isn't too bad because I've got a lot of physical threats that can weaken her pretty quickly, and Machamp's Heavy Slam OHKOs. But with three fairy weaknesses and no resists, any fairy type that can take a few hits on the physical side is brutal for this team. I may need to figure out something to change.

Last edited:
Spiritomb is a beast though. I ran him last DH (trickband for manly men) and he just wrecked face and laughed as Mega Zam thought it was safe behind a sub lol

It seems that the meta has gotten so fast paced and just want to hit as hard as possible with gallade and lopuuny. TR flips them all on their heads and ruins the strategy.

Im at 1165 so far. Cofagrigus is pretty LOL in the current meta. Spreads burn easily and its ability screws over Lopuuny giving it one hit then its forced to switch out since it loses scrappy. That turn can be used to spread burn, lay down t spikes or even Pain Split to Blissey,Florges, etc..

This team is a lot of fun to use so far. Im thinking ill be at 1400 bybSunday and 1500 by end of next week :-)

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
Currently at 1407: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-192423573 (Some major hax early on in the game, but a bonus in seeing TReuniclus totally dismantle the opposing HO team, tanking MAero's +2 Stone Edge and single-handedly taking out Weakpass Celebi, Hydreigon and MAero from full health).

Some more replays, this time from a room tourney this morning. (I know I'm supposed to be laddering and not playing in room tourneys, but eh.) For whatever reason I do better in tourneys than on the ladder - I've won both room tourneys I entered with this team, but on the ladder I keep running into shit like Granbull that just craps all over my team (seriously, I need to do something about my problem with physically defensive fairies). Guess I've been lucky to not deal with anything but Whimsi and Florges in the tourneys, neither of whom are as problematic as Granbull or Audino.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-192148849 - Spiritomb saves the day, taking out fully healthy Mienshao and Forry.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-192168316 - Spiritomb and TReuni win this one. (Note that the Disable hax on PoryZ didn't win the game for me, as I would have used Sucker Punch if Dark Pulse hadn't been disabled, which would have KOd.)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-192175102 - Finals match. Forcing Blastoise out the first time he was brought in meant he was in KO range of Sharpedo thanks to hazards, and could no longer effectively spin, allowing for a safe sweep.

View attachment 31699

View attachment 31698
Achieved B-Rank

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-192142969 - B rank match, from team preview I saw that he most likely has nothing to kill sheddy barring hazards and the possible toxic on bronzong/tentacruel, took 80 turns to completely scout out his team and turns out nothing can kill shed.

One of the losses was rather unfortunate, Togetic got critted back to back by iron tail.

Shout outs to meowiekins for recommending sheddy stall to me.

Alt: Camerfuct

| 10 | Diancie | 11.06735% |
| 65 | Bronzong | 3.63358% |
| 72 | Trevenant | 2.88538% |
| 99 | Camerupt | 0.93405% |
| 106 | Escavalier | 0.81254% |
| 112 | Pangoro | 0.67135% |

Total: 19.272964%

My 1st Dark Horse :D

Alt: Mr. QDBP

| 164 | Mr. Mime | 0.18237% |
| 263 | Masquerain | 0.02740% |

| 17 | Blastoise | 9.26919% |
| 22 | Blissey | 8.73591% |
| 19 | Krookodile | 9.16941% |
| 93 | Doublade | 1.12169% |

0.2 + 0.03 + 9.3 + 8.7 + 9.2 + 1.1 ≈ 28.53%

My Showdown is being weird so I can't ladder atm :(
Hope I can fix it soon.

EDIT: fixed :D

Last edited:
My 1st Dark Horse :D

Alt: Mr. QDBP

| 164 | Mr. Mime | 0.18237% |
| 263 | Masquerain | 0.02740% |

| 17 | Blastoise | 9.26919% |
| 22 | Blissey | 8.73591% |
| 19 | Krookodile | 9.16941% |
| 93 | Doublade | 1.12169% |

0.2 + 0.03 + 9.3 + 8.7 + 9.2 + 1.1 ≈ 28.53%

My Showdown is being weird so I can't ladder atm :(
Hope I can fix it soon.

EDIT: fixed :D
This will be interesting, to say the least. Let us know how you deal with Mega Lopunny. Outside of Masquerain's Intimidate, most of your team can be hit really hard/cleanly swept if it's behind a sub...

So, I can't connect to the PS! server, so I figured I'll give some input on my DH.

DH #1: Cofagrigus

Despite the name of my alt (Mega Rango), Cofagrigus was actually the first DH I chose. There's a very simple reason for this; fighting spam. But, everybody goes oh by Mega Lopunny don't care about ghosts. Well, that's why Mummy is so useful. Lopunny gets 1 hit in and is immediately forced out. That can give me time to Pain Split the recovery, spread burns with WoW, lay down T-Spikes, etc..

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-192470986

This battle showcases exactly what I'm talking about. Lopunny could very easily sweep my team (and it can if I sac Cof way too early). But, Cof is such a hard counter to Lop, it's not funny.

252 Atk Lopunny High Jump Kick vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Cofagrigus: 121-144 (37.9 - 45.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

I think it's key to note that even Mega Gallade can struggle with Cofagrigus.

+2 252 Atk Gallade Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Cofagrigus: 280-330 (87.7 - 103.4%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

At that point, he can spread burn, hit him with a SE Shadow Ball, Pain Split back to full health.

Cofagrigus has definitely pulled its weight throughout the whole laddering experience thus far. But, one of the key attributes is the spread of status. Burn and Poison through Toxic Spikes has nabbed me so many KOs, it's very helpful.

DH# 2: Quagsire

I think everybody has an idea of what Quagsire does. It stares at you blankly while you try to boost and ignores all stat boosts. He is definitely an underrated mon. I ran a Physical Defense set with Curse. It's not so much a sweeper (trust me, I've had Toxic ruin in so quickly), but more of a check to physical boosters like DD/Coil Zygarde, SD Lucario, Hone Claws Mega Aero, PuP Mega Lopunny, SD Mega Gallade (needs to watch out for Leaf Blade, but I think most people are dropping it for Knock Off), etc.. The only physical booster that can actually beat him is Mold Breaker Haxorus, but I can do a quick switch to Mummy and get rid of that nasty ability for derp to derp that Hax :-) I don't have too many replays showcasing Quagsire in all his derpy glory, but I can attest that he is very effective at what he does. As a note from a lesson I learned: Do not run Sp Def Quagsire with Curse. This is such a tough lesson for me. Before it can start to tank physical attacks, it cannot take more than 55% from the initial hit when you go to Curse. Otherwise, the 2nd hit will almost surely take you out. Some key examples are LO Lucario, Mega Lopunny HJK, etc..

DH# 3: Mega Rango

I love the movie Rango, the one with the chameleon in the desert? I may go for a Rango 2-fer and use Kecleon next month lol But, anyhoo, back to Mega Sceptile. The reason i chose Mega Scept is that it has some really key characteristics that separate it from the newly dropped megas:

1. Grass/Dragon typing gives it so many switch-in opportunities: water, electric (lightningrod is an extra bonus, but I haven't switch in on an electric move just yet), ground, grass, etc.. It is now neutral to fire (x4 ice stinks, but it's not too common outside of Ice Shard Donphan, Nidos and Mega Stoise) and is immune to Spore and T Wave.
2. It's speed is pretty crazy. It starts off at base 120, which outspeeds the base forms of every other mega and jumps to 145, which is occupied by a very select few (Beedrill, Zam, Aero, and other Sceptile).
3. Now, this is the kicker: Access to SD coming off a boosted 110 Attack. I know some people are going to say why wouldn't you go special with that 145 special attack coupled with Lightningrod? As I said before, I haven't gotten a boost once from a Volt Switch and it has no way of boosting its special attack. It has plenty of switch-in opportunities and is mainly my end game cleaner, when hazards are down, and mons are weakened/status inflicted. I almost don't bring him out unless I am 100% positive that it can get the KO, or boost for the sweep. Plus, it's Physical Movepool has Leaf Blade, Dragon Claw, Dual Chop (idea of breaking sashes sounds so much fun, but the amount of times it misses isn't funny), Earthquake, Aerial Ace, Iron Tail, etc.. It's special movepool is mainly limited to Giga Drain/Leaf Storm (-2 sp attack drop), Focus Blast, Dragon Pulse and Hidden Power of choice. Blissey and Florges laugh at you. Crobat can switch in almost without consequence.

252 SpA Sceptile Dragon Pulse vs. 248 HP / 4 SpD Crobat: 120-142 (32.1 - 38%) -- 0.9% chance to 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery

A +2 D Claw cleanly 2HKO Bulky bat with SR on the field. And Mega Scept outspeeds him easily (unless Bat is scarfed...).

So, that's my DH for this month. I really built them around the top threats in the meta atm (Mega Lopunny, Mega Gallade, HO in general, etc.). I do plan on continuing with this team to see how it does.

My main problem with Quagsire is that I find it struggles to check much, including the main Physical setup sweepers :/ Its not really a good Luc check when it is almost always 2HKOed if you are hit by CC on the switch
252+ Atk Life Orb Lucario Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 199-235 (50.5 - 59.6%) -- 84.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Might make a DH team later. Lacking inspiration atm :/

My main problem with Quagsire is that I find it struggles to check much, including the main Physical setup sweepers :/ Its not really a good Luc check when it is almost always 2HKOed if you are hit by CC on the switch
252+ Atk Life Orb Lucario Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 199-235 (50.5 - 59.6%) -- 84.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Might make a DH team later. Lacking inspiration atm :/
If you Curse on the CC then recover youll be fine. Or you can scald and go for burn. Thats been my experience thus far.

I think it's key to note that even Mega Gallade can struggle with Cofagrigus.

+2 252 Atk Gallade Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Cofagrigus: 280-330 (87.7 - 103.4%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

At that point, he can spread burn, hit him with a SE Shadow Ball, Pain Split back to full health.
+2 252 Atk Gallade Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Cofagrigus: 280-330 (87.7 - 103.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
Cofagrigus with T-Spikes seems pretty interesting, but the standard SD/CC/Knock Off/Zen Headbutt set just straight up wins against Cofagrigus unless Mr. Spooky is already out. Mummy also doesn't affect M-Gallade, so yeah, not a great answer. M-Lopunny can't hurt Cofagrigus, but the Sub set isn't threatened (at least you can set up T-Spikes). I like the team though, might give Quagsire another shot.

Quagsire is actually a great option to have on stall, but not so good otherwise. As it is a very solid counter to quite a few set up mons that ruin stall, like curselax and cm reuniclus, it also doubles up as a reliable fire spam check, taking ~40% from darm banded blitz

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-192512701
^ My very 1st battle with the team and I immediately discovered the power of QD pass to Mega Blastoise. Yes the guy forfeited straight away, but its easy to see that not a single one of his pokes was gonna stand a chance. Unprepared teams are absolutely wrecked by this thing.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-192521868
^ Still lower ladder but this battle shows cases a bit of Mr. Mimes power. I was using Specs in this replay but have now changed to LO and am enjoying the freedom. I've also used Filter before to 1v1 Mega Alakazam and Nidoking, but am now finding that Soundproof is pretty epic for the Roar immunity after receiving a QD. I've only just made it to 1200 after this game and am already finding Mr. Mime to be quite versatile and can take on a lot of top threats in the meta head first.

Yet to come across any Sub Mega Lopunnys but I'll be sure to let you know how I do against it when it comes.

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
Just hit B-rank: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-192999356 (and yet another Beedrill/Forretress lead that just can't handle Spiritomb)

For a couple more replays:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-192989215 - Spiritomb tanks a +2 EQ from Coil Zygarde and burns it through its sub to stop a Zyggy sweep. When HW Jirachi heals it back up to full health, it gets OHKOd by Sharp.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-192962661 - TReuni is the hero here, as its Shadow Ball OHKOs MGallade after Spikes damage.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-192796610 - Once hazards are dropped, his whole team gets swept by Shart once it hits +2 Speed (so it can't be revenged by Scarf Hydreigon).

Just a replay of me and Hogg (who is also doing a DH). I lose bc of waterfall flinch at very end, but this exemplifies my team's weakness to late game sweepers when I cant get TR up. 'Mons like Nidoking, Sharpedo, Chandy, Krookodile, Infernape etc. all run through my team like butter in the late game when my TR setters are weakened. I now see why some people pack one faster threat on their TR teams, as all 5 of my losses have been due to either this or hax :/.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-193038446

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
Just a replay of me and Hogg (who is also doing a DH). I lose bc of waterfall flinch at very end, but this exemplifies my team's weakness to late game sweepers when I cant get TR up. 'Mons like Nidoking, Sharpedo, Chandy, Krookodile, Infernape etc. all run through my team like butter in the late game when my TR setters are weakened. I now see why some people pack one faster threat on their TR teams, as all 5 of my losses have been due to either this or hax :/.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-193038446
mfw I assumed Reuni would underspeed Escavalier without bothering to check

Also, I've run a couple of TR teams in UU (including one for the previous Dark Horse), and if I don't run a faster mon, I make sure to have a couple with priority. Swords Dance Ice Shard Abomasnow and Sucker Punch Honchkrow on my last TR team meant I could still hit offensive teams hard even if I didn't have TR up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)