The UU Open VII - Round 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyan

sleep is the cousin of death
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • Grand Slam rules can be found here.
  • Standard SM UU.
  • Best-of-three, single elimination.
  • Battles should take place on Pokemon Showdown!
  • SM cartridge win conditions are in place; there are no ties.
  • Tiers are locked at the beginning of each round.
Identity

About playing on alts: It is entirely allowed to play on an alt other than your own main forum name, though if your opponent wishes to confirm your identity, you must log on to your main alt to show them you are who you claim to be. This is to prevent people from pretending to be who they're not.

About playing on different servers: Tournament matches must be played on the Smogtours server. The Main PS! server is also acceptable if both parties agree to that. Other servers are not sanctioned by the TD team and playing in them might result in your game not counting. Protect yourself from that by playing in Smogtours, where we also have the power to recreate games that end due to DC's.
Scouting

On scouting opponents: Going through your opponents replays of tournament and ladder games is entirely allowed, as long as a game is public there is nothing preventing you from watching it. An exception to this is abusing powers granted to you by being staff on Smogon or PS! to gain access to information a normal user wouldn't have access to, which is strictly forbidden.

On leaking teams: Divulging private information about someone's planned team to their opponent is never allowed, and will be heavily sanctioned. Requesting that such information be divulged is also grounds for punishment. Keep your scouting to publicly available information and you'll be fine.

Timer Clause / Disconnections

On the Timer: The timer must stay on throughout the whole battle, only being turned off in the case of a player disconnecting, and in that case will only be turned off for 5 minutes (keep in mind that this is a interim solution while we wait on PS! developers). The timer may not be turned off in any other circumstance.

On Timeout losses: A player that loses by having all his time run out loses the game. This is only not the case if the player that received the timeout loss can be verified to have suffered a True Disconnection. Rematches in such cases are not allowed.

On True Disconnection: The TD team has a secret threshold of seconds that your timer must be at or above, from the moment you disconnect, for a timeout loss to be considered a True disconnection. If your game is determined to be a true disconnection if you played on Smogtours and contacted a TD before the room expired your game will be recreated up to the point the disconnect happened. It is the responsibility of the player that disconnected to get a TD into the room before it expires.

Battle Clauses:
  • Evasion Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Timed Battle
  • Team Preview

General recommendations:
  • Contact your opponent as soon as possible upon the round going up. Activity cases are going to be handled in a very strict manner.
  • When scheduling, offer as wide a swathe of time when you are available to play. 1 hour of activity on one or two weeknights is unlikely to be considered acceptable.
  • Schedule specifically - do not schedule for "Friday afternoon" or "Sunday morning", pick a date, a time and note the timezone.
  • If I catch news of ghosting or some other sort of nefarious play, I reserve the right to investigate to the full limits of my ability in conjunction with the TD team provided there is adequate evidence to warrant it.
Round 7

Amane Misa vs FUMA HI-FI
(HT vs maroon) vs aim
Finchinator vs (HarrisIsAwesome vs Plas)
Lycans vs robjr
BlueIvy vs (itsjustdrew vs edi0n)
Jaina vs (Teddeh vs byronthewellwell)
(Freeroamer vs The Hallows) vs elodin
FlamingVictini vs Pearl

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS

Deadline is 26 August 11:59 pm EDT (GMT-4)

Extension deadline is 22 August 11:59 pm EDT (GMT-4)

Please note that all the tier shifts that have occurred WILL be used for this round. All games should be played in the Gen 7 UU format.

Mega Diancie and Mega Venusaur are BANNED from UU as of this round being posted, so do not bring it.
Do drop a like as thanks again for my volunteer work
:blobwizard:

Last edited:

justdrew

All dogs go to heaven
is an official Team Rateris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
Top 16! Some crazy matchups this round.

I play Round 6 tomorrow at 12 in the afternoon GMT -7, on Smogtours, if you want to watch. Best of luck to everyone!

Last edited:
My opponent hasnt given me 1 time he can play at during this week, despite me being insanely flexible and specifying that id rather play on the weekend. He is currently on smogtours and refusing to play against me, assuming he can simply get an extension granted despite me NOT being able to play during weekdays (bar friday, sometimes).

Therefore I request a win by activity unless he changes his mind and provides 1 single time during this week, he is fully able to do so right now

Teddeh Eyan

My opponent hasnt given me 1 time he can play at during this week, despite me being insanely flexible and specifying that id rather play on the weekend. He is currently on smogtours and refusing to play against me, assuming he can simply get an extension granted despite me NOT being able to play during weekdays (bar friday, sometimes).

Therefore I request a win by activity unless he changes his mind and provides 1 single time during this week, he is fully able to do so right now

Teddeh Eyan
Hi there jaina, you didn't specify you couldn't play on monday and i gave you a time - asking for a 24 hour extension isn't exactly a hard thing to grant for this tournament when it would be hugely more convenient for me. You asked for one time, being sunday - playing the game 24 hours later isn't too much of a difference, especially this late in the rounds. Secondly, you never specified you couldn't play monday - your reasoning for not playing tomorrow is because you don't want an extension but i don't see the harm in granting a 24 hour extension for this scenario because i've had an extremely busy week due to irl commitments and i don't think playing a round 7 when i am struggling to keep my eyes open on a sunday night is a great idea. You literally asked for a sunday night - i replied my availability straight away and suggested a time that worked for me.

Eyan If you think he deserves an activity win rather than a 24 hour extension after looking at the scheduling exchange on his vm wall, round 7 of the tournament - then by all means grant it. But i am more than willing to play - but he never suggested a different day other than sunday when i said on thursday that I couldn't do this day because of a busy work week and requested a time one day later that he is quite blatantly ignoring and fishing for an easy win in the later rounds of an official open. I am much more flexible during this week, but I have been transparent about my real life work commitments taking precedent over playing on a sunday night.

tl;dr - an extension isn't a hard thing to grant / i am much more flexible during these next 7 days - i can literally play any day during the week, especially the monday - tomorrow, in less than 24 hours.

Hi there jaina, you didn't specify you couldn't play on monday and i gave you a time - asking for a 24 hour extension isn't exactly a hard thing to grant for this tournament when it would be hugely more convenient for me. You asked for one time, being sunday - playing the game 24 hours later isn't too much of a difference, especially this late in the rounds. Secondly, you never specified you couldn't play monday - your reasoning for not playing tomorrow is because you don't want an extension but i don't see the harm in granting a 24 hour extension for this scenario because i've had an extremely busy week due to irl commitments and i don't think playing a round 7 when i am struggling to keep my eyes open on a sunday night is a great idea. You literally asked for a sunday night - i replied my availability straight away and suggested a time that worked for me.

Eyan If you think he deserves an activity win rather than a 24 hour extension after looking at the scheduling exchange on his vm wall, round 7 of the tournament - then by all means grant it. But i am more than willing to play - but he never suggested a different day other than sunday when i said on thursday that I couldn't do this day because of a busy work week and requested a time one day later that he is quite blatantly ignoring and fishing for an easy win in the later rounds of an official open. I am much more flexible during this week, but I have been transparent about my real life work commitments taking precedent over playing on a sunday night.

tl;dr - an extension isn't a hard thing to grant / i am much more flexible during these next 7 days - i can literally play any day during the week, especially the monday - tomorrow, in less than 24 hours.
I asked you on saturday if you could play at all (including the entirety of saturday) and you rejected it, there is no need to act as if I didnt give you the oppertunity to play on that day as well. If you are acusing me of *fishing* for wins (despite me merely wanting to play today, when im actually able to & its, you know, the last day of the deadline) at least dont blatantly lie about it. I do not understand why you arent playing me right now as you clearly have enough time on your hands and instead insist on playing on weekdays when I have very limited availability.

Extensions are granted if both players are unable to find a fitting time to play at not because you dont feel like playing when the other player is able to (and you yourself are as well) while not providing a single time of your own.

I asked you on saturday if you could play at all (including the entirety of saturday) and you rejected it, there is no need to act as if I didnt give you the oppertunity to play on that day as well. If you are acusing me of *fishing* for wins (despite me merely wanting to play today, when im actually able to & its, you know, the last day of the deadline) at least dont blatantly lie about it. I do not understand why you arent playing me right now as you clearly have enough time on your hands and instead insist on playing on weekdays when I have very limited availability.

Extensions are granted if both players are unable to find a fitting time to play at not because you dont feel like playing when the other player is able to (and you yourself are as well) while not providing a single time of your own.
Hi there again mr jaina, you left a vm on saturday when i was out the entire day and hence not able to access smogon, nor did you mention anything of wanting to play saturday. You never specified that you had limited availability during weekdays, instead you simply requested a sunday or preferred weekends - which i couldn't play. I replied back with an alternative that suited me, you instead forced the question of "play sunday?", "are there any times you can play today?", "if you can't play today, i'm calling for win" - when in reality this isn't how scheduling works. We never agreed on a scheduled time because you said you could play one day that I couldn't do then ignored the alternative I offered. I am not playing today because I intend to go to sleep very soon as it's near enough 10pm my time, i have been up since 6am for work and worked a 12 hour shift today because I have real life commitments that I choose to prioritise over playing a pokemon series. I don't think anything that i have asked is unreasonable, nor should you deserve or feel entitled to an activity win based off of our VM exchange.

I am not playing today because I intend to go to sleep very soon as it's near enough 10pm my time, i have been up since 6am for work and worked a 12 hour shift today because I have real life commitments that I choose to prioritise over playing a pokemon series.
I know for a fact that this is untrue due to you being on smogtours cheering for your team & on smogon writing up these posts. You probably want to gain more time for prep or force me into playing on a disadvantageous time/date. None of these reasons strike me as something an extension should be given out for & its not like I am fishing for an activity win since I evidently want to play right now while I still can (and you were/are able to as well, especially since youve been on smogtours for over an hour now).

Eyan

sleep is the cousin of death
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've consulted TDs and was advised that the best way to handle the Jaina vs Teddeh matchup is with an extension. As such, all the unplayed matchups right now are gonna be granted extensions so I'll be ending this round early.

Round 8 will be up soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)