The UU Potato Au Gratin Award for Excellent Posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Hello, fellow UUers!

We have decided that it's time to create an incentive for posting in this forum. We want to recognize all of our excellent posters, and the constant efforts they put into our forum. As such, we are introducing the UU Potato Au Gratin Award for Excellent Posting! The award will be given out at random intervals (determined mostly by me), which will be flexible, but we anticipate them to be around one to two weeks. If you win this award, your name will be featured in this thread for all to see, along with links to several of your good posts. Winning this award multiple times can lead to some other future awards, and maybe even some pretty pixels in your postbit (as in, badges).

What defines a good poster, you may ask? Well, I'll try to break down a list of criteria. Please note that this list is by no means exhaustive, but it should give you a good idea on how to succeed:

• Make quality posts. Overall, your posts should be worth reading. Readers of your posts should gain insight about the topic at hand or the metagame in general. Your posts should be mature, coherent, and to the point (as in, not tl;dr). I'm not saying you have to be completely stoic, but make sure your humor isn't out of place. You should also participate in or lead projects and help out in the Simple Questions / Answers thread.
  • Know and follow the rules. You can't create new threads just to ask a question. You can't flame other users or act like an idiot. You can't whine about the Senate's decisions on banning / unbanning stuff. You should check to see if a thread about (insert Pokemon/Item/Move/whatever) has not already been made or is not already active. Stuff like that.
  • Keep out of trouble. With this, I mean mostly in the UU forum, but it can also be applied to other forums and IRC, especially if you win multiple times and get nominated for a badge. Being an excellent UU poster but shitty person outside the UU community will get your potential badge nomination denied almost every time.

Of course, there are other things you could do to gain an upper-hand in receiving this award, but this should give you a good idea where to start.

I ended up stealing NUs OP anyway!

kokoloko

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
DestinyUnknown has been chosen as the first winner of the Au Gratin award!

Clear, concise, and helpful posts such as this, this, and this, alongside the fact that he apparently always has his eye on the Simple Questions / Simple Answers thread, have earned him the cheese. Congratulations, DestinyUnknown!

kokoloko

I finally picked a winner :)

DestinyUnknown's posts should go to show everyone that long posts are not necessarily good. Clear, helpful, and concise posts are much more approachable. Use him as an example and you might become the next winner of the Au Gratin award!

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Don't be sad pif, I didn't get a potato award either. And after I gave you guys Beat Up Ambipom...

Congrats, DestinyUnknown!

Nas

Banned deucer.
Also, 7 posts for all of september, 2 of which were made today. Congrats, nevertheless.

kokoloko

Despite salt being a natural condiment on potatoes, it is not appreciated in this thread. Thank you :)

kokoloko

Yeah, we're not doing this anymore.

Special shouts to Pokemazter, SilverShadow, RT., PK Gaming, and a few others who would have eventually won this.

Anyway I'm stopping this because it doesn't actually do what I intended it to do (which was to improve posting quality in this forum). Besides, we have a new incentive for higher quality posting now in the new Senate format, so that's that.

That is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)