The UU Team #1

Building the Team:

If it's going to be a UU team, it's gotta have UU Pokemon. Here is the way a built the team:

Alakazam first. I am putting him as a dual screen for back-up if the others get too hurt. He might also be a possible lead. Alakazam is good for many things, Dual Screens and Encore the the major ones, some other minor ones. Encore can completely take adavantage of the other Pokemon for a while. (Such as if Alakazam used encore while another Pokemon used protect). Also, with most stat boosting moves, Encore can come in handy.

Uxie is getting quite popular in the UU metagame, so I decided to throw her in-Azelf's long lost cousin. And yep, you got it folks, I'm planning to use Uxie as a defense as well. Both Alakazam and Uxie are major targets to Dark type Pokemon and will easly beg on their knees for mercy if one is brought out. That's why I will have a counter . No more phychic Pokemon for me, I have better Pokemon to pull out of my sleeve.

There, Blaziken, a nice counter for those dreaded dark Pokemon. It may not be enough to counter them though. But, anyways, with Blazikens amazing attack and special attack he's gonna kick some- eh, more than Pokemon, let's just say that... While he may somewhat lack defenses (and speed, which is unusual for a fire type) he can still do some major damage out in the battlefield. He can also break Dual Screens, such as Alakazam-a counter for a counter. That probably isn't the best example though.

Ludicolo is a great Rain Dance sweeper. He can be proven great in battle. But I don't use him outside of UU fear of his low stats. His special defense probably makes him half worth it. The other have is his movepool. He can use the moves that you want him to use. While he may be a big lug outside of the battlefield, on the inside, he is a true victor. :)

Weezing is practically immune to all of his normal weaknesses. He does have one soft spot, he naturally weak special defense. Which is a key to defeat from phsychic moves. We may have back up from the rest of the team, but I still don't want a Pokemon to die. Moving on to his stats, he is know for high defense, but everything else pretty average. The attack isn't so bad but it's not great. Same goes for the special attack.

Arcanie, the final Pokemon on this team. I may have not done the best with types, considering two psychics and two fires, but there is a counter to all of the weaknesses. As the wise man one said, "The best defense is the best offence" or something like that. I cannot see to many major weakness, off of the top of my head, but here is the full team!

The Complete Team:

The Moves:

Alakazam - Light Clay
Nature: Timid
EV's: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spe
Ability: Inner Foucus
~ Light Screen
~ Reflect
~ Psychic
~ Encore

There he is. The finished Alakazam. Light Clay is there for obvious reasons, we don't want want our Light Screen and Reflect running short. 40 EVs is a slight little wall for Alakazam's crappy defense stat. Inner Foucus is to make sure that he doesn't flinch when he's suppose to be supporting. Psychic is the only attack move just in case I need to pull that one out. Encore is there if I wanna have a little fun. This can be rather annoying Pokemon when you pull him out, stall with Light Screen and Reflect, then, we can't forget the agrevator, Encore. Finally, the grand finale, deliver a nice Psychic. Alakazam will be very useful in battle and quite annoying, as you can see.

Uxie - Leftovers
Nature: Bold
EV's: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Ability: Levitate
~ Psychic
~ Stealth Rock
~ Thunder Wave
~ U-Turn

Quite a good support and probably the best fit to be a lead, Uxie. He's well, eh, bold with his beafy moves. (Not exactly ;) He's kind of like Alakazam; Psychic for attack Stealth Rock to start off with, then hit them with a Thunder Wave, just to annoy them. Finally, when I'm ready to switch to someone who was fit to kill the enemy Pokemon, I use U-Turn. Most of her EV's are to beaf up on the attacks. Not much is to be said about Uxie. She's just, there for the support and possible lead, in a summary.

Blaziken - Life Orb
Nature: Jolly
EV's: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Ability: Blaze
~ Swords Dance
~ Low Kick
~ Flare Blitz
~ Stone Edge

Blaziken, one of the biggest attackers on the team. With Life Orb and Swrods dance, he could really pack a punch with Low Kick, especially if the enemy is heavy. He is designed to do maximum damage to pretty much anyone. Blaze ability could definetely come in handy when I'm full Swords Danced, low HP and against something Dark, and heavy XD. I'd say a 1 hit KO, but that's not for certain. He is a very reliable companion to have in this team. Especially if the other team brings out a Torterra, he could do quite a bit of damage though he might have to watch for Earthquake. Earthquake is another one of his major weaknesses. He would probably be in OU if he didn't have that weakness to ground. But, even with that he is still great and nothing can change that.

Ludicolo - Life Orb
Nature: Modest
EV's: 60 HP / 252 SpA / 196 Spe
Ability: Swift Swim
~ Surf
~ Grass Knot
~ Ice Beam
~ Rain Dance

When rain dance is in effect, Ludicolo can turn into a monster. Surf can do a huge amount of damage, especially when there is rain. With swift swim it will also allow him to go before most enemies. Allowing him to use the move of his choice before the enemy is allowed to attack. Ninjask would be one of his worst enemies when he has moves like this. Ninjask could strike before Ludicolo using any powerful bug move. Ice Beam is pretty much the only choic Ludicolo has. The chances of him living from a Ninjask is posible, but you could get unlucky if the opponent gets a critical hit so, you never know. Rain Dance is probably one of the strongest ways to set up a Ludicolo.

Weezing - Leftovers
EV's: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
~ Sludge Bomb
~ Thunderbolt
~ Will-o-Wisp
~ Pain Split​

This Weezing is very defensive, mostly physical. The EVs help him on his quest to be physically defensive as well. Bold will aslo help him gain some defense.Will-o-Wisp can reduce the damage done to Weezing, so that move is probably his top pirority. Pain Split is good if you have low health. The other two attacks are just good attacks to use whenever you have the advantage. Even a Starmie would have a hard time breaking through Weezing. I feel that Leftovers is one of the best items to give him in this situation, he can regain health from his minor attacks. Though it does leave one major soft spot, he cannot even stand a second with another phsychic Pokemon, with not even a mere speck of special defense phychic could blow right through him. I felt Phsyical was better than Special because I already have Alakazam and Uxie to thank for that.​

Arcanine - Choice Band
Nature: Adamant
EV's: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Ability: Flash Flare
~ Flare Blitz
~ Extreeme Speed
~ Wild Charge
~ Iron Tail​

Arcanine, the final member of the team. I have yet to put a choice Pokemon on this team so here he is. All attacks and no stat boosting. He's all raw power and nothing else. He is great cover to provide for weaknesses. He can cover all weaknesses for the opponent's Pokemon. Wild Charge for water types. Iron Tail is great for rock weaknesses and Extreeme Speed is good for delivering the final kill before the enemy attacks. Flare Blitz obviously because he's a fire type and STAB is a very useful thing to have. That about wraps it up for the Pokemon team.​

That's it for team, say bye everyone ;)​

On Arcanine, I would switch out Thunder Fang for Wild Charge, because of the power.
I would also switch out Iron Head for Close Combat, seeing that he cannot learn Iron Head. If he can, then I would still go with Close Combat.
If you would still like a steel move, then use Iron Tail.

I would use Uxie as a Dual Screener instead of Alakazam, and reserve Zam to sweeping utilities. Alakazam is too frail to set them up in my opinion.

I disagree to have a Rain Dance Sweeper (with it's own rain move) in a team with 2 fire types, but if it works for you...

I also feel that you should post this team in the Past Gen section, because the lack of Wild Charge and Close Combat in Arcanine, and the lack of Hi Jump Kick in Blaziken means this is a 4th Gen UU team (correct me if i'm wrong).

Changes are in bold.

Alakazam - Light Clay
Nature: Timid
EV's: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spe
Ability: Inner Foucus
~ Light Screen
~ Reflect
~ Psychic
~ Encore

There he is. The finished Alakazam. Light Clay is there for obvious reasons, we don't want want our Light Screen and Reflect running short. 40 EVs is a slight little wall for Alakazam's crappy defense stat. Inner Foucus is to make sure that he doesn't flinch when he's suppose to be supporting. Psychic is the only attack move just in case I need to pull that one out. Encore is there if I wanna have a little fun. This can be rather annoying Pokemon when you pull him out, stall with Light Screen and Reflect, then, we can't forget the agrevator, Encore. Finally, the grand finale, deliver a nice Psychic. Alakazam will be very useful in battle and quite annoying, as you can see.

Uxie - Leftovers
EV's: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
~ Psychic
~ Stealth Rock
~ Thunder Wave
~ U-Turn

Quite a good support and probably the best fit to be a lead, Uxie. He's well, eh, bold with his beafy moves. (Not exactly ;) He's kind of like Alakazam; Psychic for attack Stealth Rock to start off with, then hit them with a Thunder Wave, just to annoy them. Finally, when I'm ready to switch to someone who was fit to kill the enemy Pokemon, I use U-Turn. Most of her EV's are to beaf up on the attacks. Not much is to be said about Uxie. She's just, there for the support and possible lead, in a summary.

Drapion @ Leftovers
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252hp/4def/252Sdef
Ability: Sniper
- Toxic Spikes
- Whirlwind
-Earthquake/Taunt
-Crunch
IDK, there may be a better UU dark type, but Drapion has awesome type synergy with your team, and sets up Toxic Spikes, which is always nice.

Ludicolo - Life Orb
Nature: Modest
EV's: 60 HP / 252 SpA / 196 Spe
Ability: Swift Swim
~ Surf
~ Grass Knot/Giga Drain
~ Ice Beam
~ Rain Dance

When rain dance is in effect, Ludicolo can turn into a monster. Surf can do a huge amount of damage, especially when there is rain. With swift swim it will also allow him to go before most enemies. Allowing him to use the move of his choice before the enemy is allowed to attack. Ninjask would be one of his worst enemies when he has moves like this. Ninjask could strike before Ludicolo using any powerful bug move. Ice Beam is pretty much the only choic Ludicolo has. The chances of him living from a Ninjask is posible, but you could get unlucky if the opponent gets a critical hit so, you never know. Rain Dance is probably one of the strongest ways to set up a Ludicolo.
I feel that Giga Drain is worth considering here, as it keeps you alive longer and is now pretty powerful.

Weezing - Leftovers
EV's: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
~ Sludge Bomb
~ Thunderbolt
~ Will-o-Wisp
~ Pain Split​

This Weezing is very defensive, mostly physical. The EVs help him on his quest to be physically defensive as well. Bold will aslo help him gain some defense.Will-o-Wisp can reduce the damage done to Weezing, so that move is probably his top pirority. Pain Split is good if you have low health. The other two attacks are just good attacks to use whenever you have the advantage. Even a Starmie would have a hard time breaking through Weezing. I feel that Leftovers is one of the best items to give him in this situation, he can regain health from his minor attacks. Though it does leave one major soft spot, he cannot even stand a second with another phsychic Pokemon, with not even a mere speck of special defense phychic could blow right through him. I felt Phsyical was better than Special because I already have Alakazam and Uxie to thank for that.​

Arcanine - Choice Band
Nature: Adamant
EV's: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Ability: Flash Flare
~ Flare Blitz
~ Extreeme Speed
~ Wild Charge
~ Close Combat

Arcanine, the final member of the team. I have yet to put a choice Pokemon on this team so here he is. All attacks and no stat boosting. He's all raw power and nothing else. He is great cover to provide for weaknesses. He can cover all weaknesses for the opponent's Pokemon. Thunder Fang for water types. Iron Head is great for rock weaknesses and Extreeme Speed is good for delivering the final kill before the enemy attacks. Flare Blitz obviously because he's a fire type and he needs to breath his fire. That about wraps it up for the Pokemon team.
Wild Charge>Thunder Fang because if its power. Close Combat has much better coverage than Iron Head

In short, change out Blaziken for Drapion. Consider Giga Drain. And swap Thunder Fang for Wild Charge and Iron Head for Close Combat on Arcanine. Hope this helped(:​

Bartman101

Banned deucer.
If you ask me this looks like a 4th gen UU team, if it is 5th then it needs to be locked as he obviously hasn't tested it. Simple as really.

Great way to wast my #400, this. Jokes ;)

You should use the duel screen set on Uxie, not alakazam, he can barely stand neutral physical attacks, even WITH duel screens......

You should use the duel screen set on Uxie, not alakazam, he can barely stand neutral physical attacks, even WITH duel screens......
Yep, that about it...

Don't get me wrong, but there are better screeners in every tier, Alakazam is great, but not for this hole specially.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)