Finals The World Cup of Pokémon 2018 - Finals [Won by Team US Northeast]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo

after hours
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
7. US Northeast (5) vs 8. US West (5)

SM OU: aim v blarghlfarghl
SM OU: robjr v ima
SM OU: Hiye v yjh971203
SM OU: bro fist v z0mOG
ORAS OU: ABR v psychicmewtwo
BW OU: Finchinator v lax
DPP OU: august v Philip7086
ADV OU: zf v Valentine
GSC OU: BKC v Lavos
RBY OU: teal6 v Meru

don’t let finch have a trophy pls

lax

cloutimus maximus
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnuswon the 10th Official Ladder Tournamentis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
RBTT Champion
bop space dash vro (fist). shakeitup (-Tsunami- ) wants me to post his "unbiased predicts bop" for him so i happily obliged

7. US Northeast (0) vs 8. US West (10)

SM OU: aim v blarghlfarghl | this is a really interesting game. if you showed me this matchup a year ago, i would have heavily favored blarghlfarghl. however, lately it seems he's been slipping in form, which is exemplified by the fact that this is the first game he's played this tournament. however, i've always been high on blarghlfarghl, and even a dip in form isn't going to be enough to cause me to waver against anyone who isn't an amazing player.
SM OU: robjr v ima | another interesting game. i probably would have favored ima a while ago but ima's been impressing me more and more as time goes on. while the playing level of these individuals is probably relatively similar, i favor ima teambuilding support and i trust in him to not lose an advantageous matchup.
SM OU: Hiye v yjh971203 | alrite. hiyes def solid enuff but he's legit farmed free win after free win every game. dude got to play snowcristal last round LOL like come on. yjh has cooled off a bit after a hot start and i haven't been that impressed with him overall. yjh971203 definitely isn't a 5-0 type of player, but sometimes the stars just align for people to get the easiest matchups possible so. 6-0 it is.
SM OU: bro fist v z0mOG | LOL zom is the fucking bro fist slayer so this game's a lot closer than it looks on paper. however, as those on west know, i've been steadfast about the goat playing ability of z0mog, who i consider to be arguably the best player on smogon. hard to predict against him ever.
ORAS OU: ABR v psychicmewtwo | pm2 seems to always get wins and has definitely surpassed my expectations. however, bolding anyone's name against the legendary psychicmewtwo is always a struggle. not gonna be doing it myself, even though pm2 has a fighter's chance i suppose.
BW OU: Finchinator v lax | this is another really close game. before the tournament, i definitely would have picked finch. however, lax has been on a tear lately, and even though he's farmed some dogshit players this tournament, he did manage to defeat john in classic and has been proving himself to be a solid enough player. def a really close game but gonna gut pick lax on this one.
DPP OU: august v Philip7086 | this match a complete tossup. not only is it two old as fuck players, but they're playing in the complete variance ihmlbhl thinking man's tier. august has played well this tour, but idk, call it a gut pick or w/e but i think phil will make the most of this unexpected world cup finals appearance.
ADV OU: zf v Valentine | OMG GOAT VAL! val has been ragdolling people this tournament and I see no reason to predict against him now. zf is definitely solid, though, and has impressed me on several occasions. never the less, rumor has it that west still has undisputed's support so I think val will be well-equipped to get the victory
GSC OU: BKC v Lavos | this is definitely a really close game. just like with abr, though, it's hard to bold anyone else's name when they're going against BKC, especially in GSC. This man cares way too much about Smogon Tournaments, and while this game is a close one, it's hard to envision Lavos not capitalizing on an opportunity to pass me in the trophy count.
RBY OU: teal6 v Meru | ah my boy teal. meru must have pissed off the hosts before this tournament or something, since he's gotten an absolute murderer's row of opponents that has led to a below .500 record. however, I still have faith in him and meru presents a far easier challenge than the likes of marcoasd and Peasounay.
7. US Northeast (7) vs 8. US West (3)

SM OU: aim v blarghlfarghl | this is a really interesting game. if you showed me this matchup a year ago, i would have heavily favored joey. however, lately it seems he's been slipping in form, which is exemplified by the fact that this is the first game he's played this tournament. however, i've always been high on joey, and even a dip in form isn't going to be enough to cause me to waver against anyone who isn't an amazing player.
SM OU: robjr v ima | another interesting game. i probably would have favored ima a while ago but rob's been impressing me more and more as time goes on. while the playing level of these individuals is probably relatively similar, i favor robs teambuilding support and i trust in him to not lose an advantageous matchup.
SM OU: Hiye v yjh971203 | alrite. hiyes def solid enuff but he's legit farmed free win after free win every game. dude got to play snowcristal last round LOL like come on. yjh has cooled off a bit after a hot start and i haven't been that impressed with him overall. hiye definitely isn't a 5-0 type of player, but sometimes the stars just align for people to get the easiest matchups possible so. 6-0 it is.
SM OU: bro fist v z0mOG | LOL zom is the fucking bro fist slayer so this game's a lot closer than it looks on paper. however, as those on west know, i've been steadfast about the goat playing ability of john, who i consider to be arguably the best player on smogon. hard to predict against him ever.
ORAS OU: ABR v psychicmewtwo | pm2 seems to always get wins and has definitely surpassed my expectations. however, bolding anyone's name against the legendary ABR is always a struggle. not gonna be doing it myself, even though pm2 has a fighter's chance i suppose.
BW OU: Finchinator v lax | this is another really close game. before the tournament, i definitely would have picked finch. however, lax has been on a tear lately, and even though he's farmed some dogshit players this tournament, he did manage to defeat john in classic and has been proving himself to be a solid enough player. def a really close game but gonna gut pick lax on this one.
DPP OU: august v Philip7086 | this match a complete tossup. not only is it two old as fuck players, but they're playing in the complete variance ihmlbhl thinking man's tier. august has played well this tour, but idk, call it a gut pick or w/e but i think phil will make the most of this unexpected world cup finals appearance.
ADV OU: zf v Valentine | OMG GOAT VAL! val has been ragdolling people this tournament and I see no reason to predict against him now. zf is definitely solid, though, and has impressed me on several occasions. never the less, rumor has it that west still has undisputed's support so I think val will be well-equipped to get the victory
GSC OU: BKC v Lavos | this is definitely a really close game. just like with abr, though, it's hard to bold anyone else's name when they're going against BKC, especially in GSC. This man cares way too much about Smogon Tournaments, and while this game is a close one, it's hard to envision BKC not capitalizing on an opportunity to pass me in the trophy count.
RBY OU: teal6 v Meru | ah my boy teal. teal must have pissed off the hosts before this tournament or something, since he's gotten an absolute murderer's row of opponents that has led to a below .500 record. however, I still have faith in him and meru presents a far easier challenge than the likes of marcoasd and Peasounay.
vop dash space - out

Triangles

Big Stew
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
DPP OU: august v Philip7086 - Here's your predict man. Last round, Phil only lost to a strategic DDoS, but I'm confident Aug has more than that up his sleeve. Will be a very interesting spectacle as these 2 silver foxes clash walking sticks.

ADV OU: zf v Valentine - ZorodarkForever can do great things in this tier, including defeating the RSE behemoth that is Val. Wish I could provide some cutting insight as to how the game itself will flow, but both these guys are Renaissance men of RSE, truly eclectic builders. Will be watching with a change of underwear to hand.

GSC OU: BKC v Lavos - The 2 best GSC players on the site tangle horns, what a mighty combate. This game is incredibly hard to call, and the only real safe predict is that the loser of this game will have a lot to say about it.

clutch gods val and lavos to clinch in tiebreak

soulgazer

I FEEL INFINITE
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
West's SM OU hasn't impressed me the whole tournament and them listening to ben gay last round made it even worse for them as seen in the results. Perhaps I'm just wrong and west players were just unable to pilot goat teams from teambuilding extraordinaire ben gay :facepalm:. I don't see joel, rob or john lose on even matchup as far as playing goes, so west better step their game up or try to surprise them with some USEFUL techs. As for Hiye, well... he stays farming I guess ?

Unless pm2 doesn't forget to prepare for 'mons that see top10 usage in ORAS, ABR should have it easy honestly. Nobody preps as hard as ABR does and it isn't a cting goon that will stop him.

lax will click click and win. Somehow. :pikuh:

Just my guts. Phil# failed to beat a dpp fullchain with taunt lead aerodactyl and timed out against osgoode, who surprisingly flakes more than obii and failed to notice that if he Ice Punch'd the Zapdos instead of switching out, he had good odds to win on the spot... As for august, he pilots hippo skarm better than anyone else and has multiple thinking partners to help him come up with cool stuff. Expecting some HOT nidoqueen team in this matchas.

Valentine back in tournaments after a long while, put in a tier he isn't known for after the evil TDs banned adv extraordinaite kevin s. Poor guy wanted to team with Stone_Cold and got punished ;w;. Hey, I'm not implying anything! VoD will win.

Someone will hit all their Thunders and win a speed tie in a double-edge lax 1v1.

teal6 is handsome and one of my best friend. He also preps HARD and took down peasounay effortlessly. Hoping to see you play first so that nobody goes in cardiac arrest on sunday.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)