The World Cup of Pokémon 2020 - Quarterfinals

Status
Not open for further replies.
logged on for the first time in ages to wish the homies on US West and Midwest the best of luck in bringing it home

also I could not help but notice my friend blarghl is out of commission. I know lax is west's best player and after reading the world cup tournament rules I saw no mention of a player species clause. i'm cool with being ghosted and technically I am lax so is it even cheating? jajaja hmu if interested

1. What's GOOD BROS!? IM BACK TAKING A BREAK FROM FIGHTING CRIME AND GETTING EGGED BY PROTESTERS BUT IM HERE ALIVE AND KICKING, IT'S YA BOY NAVY HERE LMAO east really dicks without ya boy man should hav taken me over these losers I'd have washed these randoms for sure. Whatever. I decided to hit ya'll up with some patented NAVY predictions. YW
  2. Germany (6) vs Greece (2)
  3. Gefährlicher Random vs the pharoah | Not even going to pretend like I know anything about these players. the pharaoh is undefeated, though, and definitely should have played the tiebreak over ace-11 like LOL why was he not in?? Man's like 5-0 this tour. His opponent is 2-1, so I guess there's that. Small edge.
  4. Lord_Enz vs BluBirD252
  5. I mean.............blubird or whoever lost FROM HERE LOL THIS MAN LOST FROM 6-1 WITH A BOOSTED MON LMAO Granted, he did get unlucky, but he also got luckier earlier on in the game. Also, he definitely choked by going to Torkoal and powering up the Volcarona. Definitely don't have any faith in this dude.
  6. xray vs Mysterious M | Imagine bolding a Greek against a solid player.
  7. Ewin vs CBU | I don't really know much about this Electric win dude, but he did have a nice debut and went 3-0 in Round 1. CBU struggled a bit, and while he did win the tiebreak, he needed some luck to pull it off as well as some pretty sub-par play from Century Express. CBU did make all the right predictions at the end, so I guess that counts for something. That being said, I still don't really have any faith in him.
  8. Relous vs Astamatitos | Relous had some nice runs before having the worst tour of his life last SPL. He looks to have put that diastrous performance behind him, at least a little bit anyway. He had a decent Round 1, and managed to go positive. Normally, I would bold Asta here since he's obviously a way more established player, but he looks like a fish out of water in SS OU. He's been pretty bad and his win against Gama in the tiebreak might have been the least deserved tiebreak win of all time LMAO He played absolutely terribly and basically threw an autowin matchup after getting greedy with Slowbro. He probably could have won in the end? without the timeout since Gama crumbled under the time pressure and sacked his Clefable, but either way like. Asta's just been a bit too bad at this gen so far for me to trust him. Small edge.
  9. mind gaming vs Ace-11 | I don't know much about mind gaming, but he's positive so far. Ace-11, meanwhile, is a pretty known quantity. He played REALLY bad in the tiebreak like jesus he got stomped. I just don't think he's good.
  10. Steve Angello vs roudolf13 | I mean...I'm not just gonna start bolding random crust players LOL roudolf had a pretty solid round 1 showing and is one of the few Greeks whose skills I actually respected heading into this tournament.
  11. AdvanceShip vs Laz | AdvanceShip went 3-0 and Laz wasn't deemed worthy enough to start for GREECE in Round 1. I think that about sums it up.
  12. Italy (6) vs Latin America (2)
  13. H.M.N.I.P vs Gtcha | This is basically a toss-up, but like.......I watched Gtcha play Samqian and man, it looked like he basically had a 100% win off of matchup LOL he was washing him when I left.......and then when I came back, I find out that Gtcha or w/e got curbstomped somehow LOL Na I'm not trusting this dude.
  14. Tricking vs Gondra | Clicking is back to smashing people as per usual. Gondra ascended a bit during SPL, but he's not nearly as good as an in-form Tricking.
  15. Lopunny Kicks vs beatiful | Lop Kicks is way more proven. There's a reason beatiful hasn't become anything other than a ladder hero over the past 390590 years.
  16. Raiza vs Feliburn | man LOOOL Apparently FELIBURN HAS ASCENDED!! It seems absurd, but he might be a threat bros. That being said, I just can't bold someone who was struggling so heavily in the lower tiers against a perhaps competent player LOL I'm obviously not a big Raiza fan, but he's probably at least semi-viable. Perhaps Feliburn is too, but I'll need to see a bit more before I'm ready to bold him here.
  17. Santu vs Leo | Santu's been dominant this tour and he's more proven as well.
  18. Kebab mlml vs Raichy | I think Raichy is a bit better from what I've seen, but not by much probably. Miniscule edge.
  19. Empo vs ZDen | The Empo kool-aid bros my god LOOOL This guy really always wins nowadays. Guess I have to bold him. He's been way too good.
  20. Rexus vs xImRaptor | both struggled a bit in Round 1 but raptor's a bit more proven. Small edge.
  21. US West (0) vs France (0)
  22. lax vs Kickasser | Never been the biggest kickasser fan, and lax is an absolute god. big edge
  23. z0mOG vs Cdumas | This one's hard. Cdumas was obviously a sheet god at one point before he infamously struggled while tanking the bigs. z0m, meanwhile, has made up some wins on the sheet lately. Both struggled a bit round 1. I don't really have a strong take here, but I'll Cdumas by a hair.
  24. Valentine vs RedEmption | It's gonna take a lot more than redemption fluking his way into 2-win round 1 before I'm ready to bold him LOL come on people. Val's actually6 on the sheet, and generally manages to get wins. Massive edge.
  25. rozes vs Fairy Peak | This rocket league dude has been fairly impressive in limited action so far, but I'll still need to see a lot more before I'm ready to trust him. rozes is a bit more proven and has been solid so far. Small edge.
  26. Vaboh vs BIHI | I'm definitely not drinking the BIHI kool-aid yet, but Vaboh went 1-14 in CPl 2, 3, and 4 combined LOOOL Does that really matter? I mean, CPL's a meme, but like...1-14? LMAO man that's absurd. Small edge.
  27. ima vs Welli0u | The well struggled a bit in Round 1 but he's still been on an absolute tear lately. I am not drinking the ima kool-aid; his games were very strange. It seemed like he just won off matchup for the most part; I mean, he does generally get wins, so that counts for something. Still, though, he played a REALLY BAD endgame vs Eo like LOOL Solid edge for the well here.
  28. Sjneider vs Sacri' | Sacri's really been struggling, while sjneider's been heat so far. He's always amanged to get wins lately, so I'll show some respect here and give him a miniscule edge.
  29. Hockey1 vs Corazan | I definitely don't trust this random hockey dude like come on. Corazan has generally managed to get wins I guess.
  30. Europe (4) vs US Midwest (4)
  31. Pohjis vs Tace | RIBBON SYNDROME IS BACK! He did make it to the finals of the Smogon Tour, which was definitely impressive. That being said, I'm still not really a huge believer. He didn't play particularly well in Round 1. I don't really think tace is too great either, but at least he managed to go 3-0 I guess, albeit with a fair amount of luck on his side. Miniscule edge.
  32. TonyFlygon vs John W | I think Tony is a bit better player here. John W did manage to go 3-0, but idk, I'm just not too big of a fan. Small edge.
  33. Twixtry vs Luthier | Both have been solid, but Twixtry's been a bit better. That being said, I think Luthier is a slightly better player. Small edge I suppose.
  34. Mana vs Loki | I can't believe that FUCKING LOKI LOOOOOOOL knocked out Northeast in 2020 my god what are we doing here??? I mean, I wish I could bold him here but Mana's just been too good lately. I don't know how much he knows about SS OU, but who really cares LOL I'm not ready to bold loki yet.
  35. Quaze vs Nails | I'm definitely not a Quaze believer, and he struggled in Round 1. Nails has generally managed to win lately, so I guess I'll trust him here.
  36. frisoeva vs Groudon | I don't even know who Groudon is. I think frizoeva's a pretty decent player at least, I guess. Small edge.
  37. Eeveeto vs dice | Eeveeto had himself a pretty solid Round 1, and he did do well in Smogon Tour as well. That being said, I think dice is a way better player. Big edge.
  38. Bloody alfa vs UltraBallz | ultraballz has really struggled so far, and bloody alfa has surprisingly been solid. I'm definitely not a believer yet, but he's in way better form. Small edge.
  39. I'm not even going to pretend like I have any idea who would tiebreak so LOL We'll see if it happens. I would bold dice, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)