The World Cup of Pokémon 2020 - Round 1 (Tiebreaker - see post #380)

Status
Not open for further replies.
won vs malekith, gg

@NE brethren

I think a combination of things really fucked us up this year. We didn't really adapt to the new meta as well as other teams which really showed at times. Also felt like we as a group (very guilty of this myself ofc) were mostly on autopilot until the last few days of the tournament when we knew we had to kick it up a notch; too little too late though. GL to everyone left, anyone but US West would be a cool winner.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader

Sucks that we didn't make it, but we have nobody to blame but ourselves. I expect us to be back and better than ever next year. Speaking of next year, I didn't get my win against a US West player this year, so expect me to win twice as hard next year. With that said, congratulations to everyone who made the playoffs and good luck. I will be rooting for my friends on US Midwest, but Europe winning would be cool, too. Last thing: it is really amazing seeing all of the new/lesser-known players excelling this WCOP. Keep it up!

Finally, be sure to check out my YouTube channel where I have uploaded lots of WCOP games and will continue to upload more (including my own games soon).

IPF

sundown
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
yo, I realise its unconventional for a guy on a team that didn't make playoffs to do shoutouts but the atmosphere around this squad has been amazing and it really does deserve something, will save individual shoutouts for the discord though.
Thanks to Analytic and Altina for giving me another shot this year after my poor outing last time around, its much appreciated. Having all but quit Pokemon a few months ago I'm really glad you were able to lure me back in for this tour.
Special shoutouts to the bench mob sugarhigh curiosity and bench turned superstar starter devinn, was an absolute blast chilling with you guys all tour. (Managers keep an eye out for devin, that dude made our season what it was imo with crazy activity and an endless number of builds)
Of course much love to everyone else on the team.
pj serp.png

Screenshot 2020-07-13 at 8.10.41 AM.png

Screenshot 2020-07-13 at 8.16.57 AM.png

Screenshot 2020-07-13 at 8.22.40 AM.png

^turning point of our season imo
Screenshot 2020-07-13 at 8.35.18 AM.png
We go again next year, playoffs is the goal :swole:

I just want to give a quick shout-out to the hosting team and in particular to those that maintained the spreadsheet throughout the round. I don't think I've ever seen it so actively updated since I've been participating in this tournament and it truly adds to the excitement of it all, especially on the final Sunday like today. Thank you!

And while I'm here..
Go Europe!

I am actually really sad that asia could not make it in play offs this time but i am glad we did much much better than previous years and hopefully next years we can do even better. I would like to thank Analytic and Altina for letting me in the wcop squad and also IPF for helping me out with getting in too. Huge shoutout to Mysterious M , mad respect for this guy. If he hadn’t picked me up in roapl, i wouldn’t of had went this far. I was a nobody and he gave me a chance and believed in me. Other than that, i would like to shoutout my team mates, starting off with IPF for always being there for tests and prep help, you were amazing bro. curiosity for mons suggestions and fixing our spreads , pj for always entertaining us and giving me tests before my wcop games. ShinyAzelf for playing extremely well during the whole tour and listening to what i had to say and trusting me. sugarhigh for making some fixes in my teams and always being there for tests. Your builds were amazing bro, good job. Sharow for always saying shit to me in Japanese, jk bro. Hope you perform better next time. Cheer up Alpha Rabbit for making us laugh and also calming us down before our games. Plus the scheduling drama :p. Xiri for pulling out a win idk how but man we sure did get lucky and volc just proved how broken it still is. Sweepage I know we did not get along at first but i hope everything that is going on with you irl, gets better and i am sorry if i ever offended you. Got to learn a lot from you too. Lastly, i would like to thank everyone for supporting me throughout this world cup. You know who you all are. It meant a great deal to me since it was my first appearance. I hope next year we can do even better. Best of luck to the remaining teams, hope you all do well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)