The World Cup of Pokémon X - Sign Ups - Read Posts #476, #492, #505

Status
Not open for further replies.

gumnas

formerly .Maguss.
Pokémon Showdown Username(s): .Maguss.
Tiers: GSC OU
Country / State of Residence (Strong elegibility): Brazil

Just a quick question, when I applied I put my country of eligibility down as Australia, does that qualify me to try out for team Oceania?

fran17

(1999)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Pokémon Showdown Username(s): fran17
Tiers: oras bw dpp
Country / State of Residence (Strong elegibility): italy
Nationality (Weak elegibility): italy
Other Eligibility (if applicable): greece

Pokémon Showdown Username(s): ZENO
Tiers: ADV / DPP / BW / ORAS
Country / State of Residence (Strong elegibility): Italy
Nationality (Weak elegibility): Italy
Other Eligibility (if applicable): Greece

Afrabs (0) vs. Greece (3)

ORAS: ArchPhantom vs Lepros*
BW: Masterclass vs nikitas*
BW: Leftiez vs amber lamps*

Pokemon Showdown Username: Avarice87

Tiers: BW OU, Oras OU

Country / State of Residence (strong eligibility) United States

Nationality: American

Pokémon Showdown Username(s): Mr. Mendes
Tiers: ORAS OU
Country / State of Residence (Strong elegibility): Europe/Portugal
Nationality (Weak elegibility): Portuguese
Other Eligibility (if applicable): nop

Pokémon Showdown Username(s): AdvanceShip
Tiers: ORAS OU
Country / State of Residence (Strong elegibility): Germany
Nationality (Weak elegibility): German

M Dragon

The north wind
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 17 Championis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
About elegibility:

This year we will lock people into teams. Basically, if you played in last WCop with your Weak or with your Weakest elegibility and you played at least 1 game, you will be locked in that team in the this WCop.
If you played with your Strong elegibility and you played at least 1 game you will also be locked in that team unless your strong elegibility changes. For example, if I move to Australia for whatever reason, then I could play in Oceania, because my Strong elegibility would be Oceania in that case.
If you have 2 strong elegibilities (continental teams), in the first year the regional team has priority over the continental team. In the second year the player is locked in that team. For example, if someone played last year in team France, he is locked in team France and cannot play in team Europe this year.
If you are locked in a team, you cannot play in any other team.

However, after some discussion we have decided to allow some "special cases" where some players could switch teams even if they are locked, but with the following conditions:
- A PM must be sent by the changing player's former team captain, and include the player, the player's new team captain, M Dragon, and at least one other TD (neither captain counts)
- The PM must explicitly name the player being 'freed' and the team they are being sent to (the player MUST be verifiably eligible)
- the former team captain must explain why he/she allows the change
- the player must also give their reasoning for change, and explain / provide proof of their eligibility for the new team
- the new team captain must confirm
- TDs have the ability to veto any change for any reason
- a team cannot receive more than two (2) players via this method
- current captains & last year's captains cannot change teams
- players using their weakest eligibility cannot change teams

About elegibility:

This year we will lock people into teams. Basically, if you played in last WCop with your Weak or with your Weakest elegibility and you played at least 1 game, you will be locked in that team in the this WCop.
If you played with your Strong elegibility and you played at least 1 game you will also be locked in that team unless your strong elegibility changes. For example, if I move to Australia for whatever reason, then I could play in Oceania, because my Strong elegibility would be Oceania in that case.
If you have 2 strong elegibilities (continental teams), in the first year the regional team has priority over the continental team. In the second year the player is locked in that team. For example, if someone played last year in team France, he is locked in team France and cannot play in team Europe this year.
If you are locked in a team, you cannot play in any other team.

However, after some discussion we have decided to allow some "special cases" where some players could switch teams even if they are locked, but with the following conditions:
- A PM must be sent by the changing player's former team captain, and include the player, the player's new team captain, M Dragon, and at least one other TD (neither captain counts)
- The PM must explicitly name the player being 'freed' and the team they are being sent to (the player MUST be verifiably eligible)
- the former team captain must explain why he/she allows the change
- the player must also give their reasoning for change, and explain / provide proof of their eligibility for the new team
- the new team captain must confirm
- TDs have the ability to veto any change for any reason
- a team cannot receive more than two (2) players via this method
- current captains & last year's captains cannot change teams
- players using their weakest eligibility cannot change teams
What if the team doesnt exist anymore? I know it's impossible for us to lose to greece but if lets say it does happen. Can leftiez join france?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)