The World Cup of Pokemon III - Round 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Down to the final 12 people. Congrats to everyone who made it this far! We truly have seen some tough competition, but the best has clearly yet to come. All 12 remaining battlers are as high tier as they come and it should be interesting to see how this plays out!

After three rounds, here are the standings, with 4 teams eliminated and only two teams with more than one representative left. Asia has a commanding lead but this is not over yet!

Standings

Notes:
-Rules are located here.
-A win in this round will be worth two points, as outlined in the Format page.
-Pairings were made randomly
-Shiv was subbed in over salaspectrum for those who missed it

And now, the Round 4 Pairings!

Earthworm vs Taylor
husk vs GG
[kd8]otome vs Fade_Away
omni vs Loki
FiveKRunner vs Jackal
Obi vs Shiv

Deadline to complete battles is Sunday, May 11, 2008, but you guys have been great with deadlines so I am not too worried. These are the matches for all the glory so im sure you guys will do them without me hounding you :)

Post predictions and smack-talk in this thread, and FIGHT FOR YOUR COUNTRY!!!!

PPS: Canada is still alive bishies whaaaaaaaaaaat

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Earthworm vs Taylor
husk vs GG
[kd8]otome vs Fade_Away
omni vs Loki
FiveKRunner vs Jackal
Obi vs Shiv

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Earthworm vs Taylor
husk vs GG
[kd8]otome vs Fade_Away
omni vs Loki
FiveKRunner vs Jackal
Obi vs Shiv

Go Earthworm!

Have a nice day.

Earthworm vs Taylor
husk vs GG
[kd8]otome vs Fade_Away
omni vs Loki
FiveKRunner vs Jackal
Obi vs Shiv

Good luck to all.

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Earthworm vs Taylor
husk vs GG
[kd8]otome vs Fade_Away
omni vs Loki
FiveKRunner vs Jackal
Obi vs Shiv

Congratulations to everyone for making it this far.
You know where I stand on this matter, though.

Earthworm vs Taylor
husk vs GG
[kd8]otome vs Fade_Away
omni vs Loki
FiveKRunner vs Jackal
Obi vs Shiv

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
since the rules state "Pokemon that are considered "Uber" are banned from use on a player's team." does that mean deoxys-e is allowed in this round ?_?

just wondering in case there are any d-e enthusiasts left in the tourney >_>

Is it actually possible for Asia to lose to anyone other than USA Central at this point?

Earthworm vs Taylor - Good luck!
husk vs GG - husk's battling style should outdo GG's.
[kd8]otome vs Fade_Away - Both are great, IPL is probably more consistent though.
omni vs Loki - From what I have seen Loki will probably win, but this could be tight!
FiveKRunner vs Jackal - I don't see Jackal battle very often and I know FiveK is very good.
Obi vs Shiv - Obi may prove too intimidating an opponent for Shiv to handle!

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Wobbuffet is also not on the uber list.

Earthworm vs Taylor
husk vs GG
[kd8]otome vs Fade_Away
omni vs Loki Go team! (thanks for ruining my left side prediction)
FiveKRunner vs Jackal Go team!
Obi vs Shiv Go team! Wait... Good luck!

So, when US Central sweeps this round, we'll have 26 points. If it goes as I predicted, Asia will have 34, and Oceania will have 23 (tied with Metro). If US Central then sweeps the next round, the score will be US Central: 29, Asia: 34. If we then have the opportunity to do the round robin finals vs. ourselves (I hope we do because it would be dumb if we can't!), the score becomes US Central 35, Asia 34.

I have found the path to victory! I think this is actually the only way to beat Asia, because the other countries simply don't have enough players alive to get enough points. The only other solution is for husk or otome to lose, thus taking some of the burden of poor US Central. :toast:

I was just going through this on IRC and adding up the points. If I lose to Shiv this round, I found the following:

[00:37:36] <+Obi> The best we can do is US Central: 31 to Asia: 32
[00:37:58] <+Obi> And that's assuming 5K and Loki go all the way and take first and second in the round robin and husk and otome both lose this round
[00:38:25] <+Obi> (and that Shiv loses next round)

So no pressure or anything. I have to beat Shiv. Why did I have to get the Asia pairing!? =p

Earthworm vs Taylor
husk vs GG << Go GG!
[kd8]otome vs Fade_Away
omni vs Loki
FiveKRunner vs Jackal
Obi vs Shiv

Go GG! Team Germany ftw ;D

imo No tier changing in the middle of the tourney what was disallowed in R1 should stay throughout the tourney just my personal opinion on this. It is up to jackal in the end tho. Also thanks for the math obi! Go Asia ^_^

So, when US Central sweeps this round, we'll have 26 points. If it goes as I predicted, Asia will have 34, and Oceania will have 23 (tied with Metro). If US Central then sweeps the next round, the score will be US Central: 29, Asia: 34.
Shouldn't that be 32 if the points don't increase and stay at 2 points per win since if you swept this round you get 26 points as you said and another 3-0 sweep is another 6 points equaling 32?

Earthworm vs Taylor - We may not be able to win it, but we can sure secure 3rd place... GO GO TEAM UK!
husk vs GG
[kd8]otome vs Fade_Away
omni vs Loki
FiveKRunner vs Jackal
Obi vs Shiv

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Earthworm?!?! Cool...

husk vs GG
[kd8]otome vs Fade_Away
omni vs Loki
FiveKRunner vs Jackal
Obivs Shiv

Earthworm vs Taylor - probably the best match of the bunch, though i think taylor the brit will pull through
husk vs GG - husk will win by a long shot
[kd8]otome vs Fade_Away - go usa EAST! lol.... whats left of it!
omni vs Loki - omni isn't that great imo...especially paired up against Loki
FiveKRunner vs Jackal - good match here! FiveK always seems to win at the right moments
Obi vs Shiv - shiv will use someones team but obi will have one of his own!

Earthworm vs Taylor
husk vs GG
[kd8]otome vs Fade_Away
omni vs Loki
FiveKRunner vs Jackal
Obi vs Shiv

Underdog Taylor to win this thing. :D
Sorry Earthworm. ;)

p.s. does anyone realize loki vs omni is like a rematch of the final 8 (or someshit) during st4...that has to give omni some motivation here doesn't it? dun dun dun...

Earthworm vs Taylor
husk vs GG
[kd8]otome vs Fade_Away
omni vs Loki
FiveKRunner vs Jackal
Obi vs Shiv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)