The World Cup of Pokemon IV - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I was set to play Sebastian when he sent me a message about 30 minutes ago, and I returned to see the message relatively soon after he sent it. But he has not replied to my response, nor has he on the Smogon server. I will be on tommorow; however, for the remainder of today, I will be watching two films back-to-back and will have no internet access throughout that time. Hopefully he will be available tommorow.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Thanks for answering so quickly. And I'll say that sucks and is counter intuitive. I really don't want to play another match in my division since aligning my time zone with Kinneas will be very difficult oh well we'll play on the weekend.
what would be counter intuitive would be rewarding people for not completing their battles..

Man, if you dont want to battle dont sign up for tournaments..

Have a nice day.

reachzero

the pastor of disaster
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I defeated Bosgoed 3-0, gg.

Edit: I should point out, of course, that it was a lot closer to that, as the game really came down to the last turn.

Oh damn I just saw Taylor's post now. I was waiting on shoddy lol.

Well, I will be online tomorrow about the same time I was online today.

I communicated with Dormin via PM, but didn't see him online at shoddy yet :(

And AhrenElessedil didn't even answered my PM yet.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Finally put my real life shit behind me and beat Kevin Garrett 2-0 in a good clean game that really went down to the wire.

Ok that means I finish 2-1 equal with DL and Pirika (who I assume takes Mosh's loss). I could have potentially gone 3-0 if I was thinking straight but thats pokemon and Pirika really did play well.

Cmon fellow Oceanians, lets do this!

Pirika

O boxeador revolucionário
is an Artist Alumnus
So DL, MS and me are tied with 2-1. The points will be distributed? Or there will be some kind of tiebreak?

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Seeing as Mosh lost to DL in your stead, I beat DL and I lost to you, there is no current way to break ties anyway. I think we just split the points.

The points will be divided equally, ie. the 3 of you will all get 4 points each (equal to the points you get for getting 2nd).

Good job MS! I've only heard parts of what's happening irl with you, but either way I'm proud that you can stay strong! 2nd isn't half bad (or I would be dissing myself :P).

Yes, and there is no tie-break system in this round. If you have the same record as others in your pairing, you split the points. In this case, there is a three way tie for first, meaning 6+4+2 points are divided among 3 people. Thats 4 points for you each.

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
im liking how people are answering other peoples questions without me, looks like some people actually do read the format page haha :)

yes a three way 2-1 tie is 4 points each.

i will update this in the morning.

6A9 Ace Matador

veni, vidi, vici, VERSACE, VERSACE VERSACE
Australians seem to be complaining a lot lately. It would be nice if they could back it up with some wins!

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I spent a few hours on all the relavent IRC channels and Smogon University Server Thursday, basically all of Friday, and will spend all of today on them as well. So hopefully I'll catch some of my opponent's today as they weren't on / didn't contact me if they saw me the past two days.

Stallion

Tree Young
Australians seem to be complaining a lot lately. It would be nice if they could back it up with some wins!
We are fine in the win department despite some of us experiencing some bad luck. Don't worry about us, worry about making sure you personally get some wins of your own Ace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)