Status
Not open for further replies.
Late Predictions (if these matches are even played):

Aeolus vs Animenagai
obi vs BK

Tie Break

Loki vs pana/EW

wouldn't that be fun to watch?

lol, honestly, I'll never understand how people can't find time to complete one Shoddy Pokemon match in two full weeks. It's just very disrespectful to the tournament hosts and all the other players involved to make everybody wait because you didn't put the effort into scheduling 15 minutes of your time to set aside for a match.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Phillip - Please give us alot more credit then that. Us oceanians sometimes have to go on at 3 fucking AM just to get sight of our opponent, I have to do this for alot of tournaments and our fucked up timezone is why I never compete in smogon tours but always in late night tourneys. Also we were the first team to complete our R1 matches by a long shot, and I think I can speak for bk and nagai (and even their opponents who have to deal with our weird timezones too) in that we've been setting up times but it's much harder to get our tourney matches done then you think, especially since some of us have school or uni and can't stay up till 3 AM every fucking morning.

(ps thanks gen for staying up late so we could play <3)

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Timezones aren't always the perfect excuse, I see you right now MS!! (Americans can just come on at the morning and the Aussies go on at their night or vice versa, doesn't seem too difficult).

go metro

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Lol I know Jimbo, except in our case it has obviously been hard for us to go on in the morning at the same time as the Americans during their night and vice versa. Do you think guys like BK, obi, Aeolus or nagai would intentionally stall and show disrespect to Shiv and Jackal (as Phillip so kindly put it).
Anyway Go Oceania!!! (ps if we are on at the same time Jimbo in the next few days I challenge you to a frontier match!!)

I'm not saying anybody went in with the intention of stalling the tournament out, I'm saying that not enough effort was put into scheduling a time to get your matches done. Time zone excuses are pretty laughable, so please don't pull that card. Is it really that unreasonable to expect tournament participants to wake up in the morning in order to complete a match? You act like people need to stay awake until late at night in order to get anything done. Also, if your schedule really is so hectic that you and your opponent cannot meet up at any time before the deadline, then it is your job to figure that out early and let your captain know so that they can sub you out.

Please note that I realize that some people put effort into getting their matches done, but their opponents try to avoid them. If that's the case, then I'm obviously not talking about you, because that is just out of your hands. It just annoys me that people will sign up for a tournament, then make everybody wait just because they don't do all they can to communicate and get things done.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Interesting fact: Oceania has completed more battles in this round/tournament than USA west.

Go Nagai and BK!

Have a nice day.

SoT

I leave and they change my avatar to this?
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sorry for not needing 7-8 battles to make it out of a round.

Interesting fact: USA West and South were the first two teams to complete enough battles in their bracket to advance the tournament.

Go everybody who still needs to finish their matches!

Have a fantastic day.

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
hi guys, please tell us why your matches aren't done yet. we're very close to make decisions on these games, you guys don't want that at all.

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I've been around pretty much around the clock when I've been available - it would be great to just get this over with ...

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Ran into Obi just after posting that, as luck would have it. I was able to win 2-0 in a good game - my heart was pounding the whole time.

Nice work guys, looks like we eventually made it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)