The World Cup of Pokemon IV - Semi Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
i'm sorry about how it happened tay/jackal but aldaron wasn't willing to play before. mostly because he wasn't ready and would be so in a weeks time.

also, jackal as you very well know, i'm shifting and shit right now so i haven't been able to be as active as i am generally about all this but everytime i asked about dawnbringer, i was told he's active just not on for like 10 hours a day. i thought that would've been good enough really.

anyway, lets put this past us and watch west get destroyed :D

I had a dream this would happen. I am ready any time, i don't need a week. I have always played solo until now. Any adjustments to my game will only take 10 minutes like all of my teambuilding. This situation has been really annoying to me and I want to get rid of it any way possible, ASAP.

I think the fact that LoveDestiny was unaware that Dawnbringer was his opponent lead to this as well. The pairings were modified on the website and we informed your teammates/captain but I guess we should've contacted you personally (which I thought we did, but I guess not).

Also, feel free to be annoyed by the situation of you actually having to play your match. I'm not sure why you joined the tournament if you were going to act like this.

I think the fact that LoveDestiny was unaware that Dawnbringer was his opponent lead to this as well. The pairings were modified and we informed your teammates/captain but I guess we should've contacted you personally (which I thought we did, but I guess not).
I knew Dawnbringer was my opponent. But since he stated he was on vacation and Shiv said my opponent could be Dawnbringer, Goofball, Aldaron, or a mystery man.. I didn't know what to expect anymore.

edit: anyways battle should happen soon in CAP 10pm PST.

I think the fact that LoveDestiny was unaware that Dawnbringer was his opponent lead to this as well. The pairings were modified on the website and we informed your teammates/captain but I guess we should've contacted you personally (which I thought we did, but I guess not).

Also, feel free to be annoyed by the situation of you actually having to play your match. I'm not sure why you joined the tournament if you were going to act like this.
something else I want to point out. Make sure when you guys appoint a sub that he's actually available to play and that the player will spare time in their busy lives to get the battle done. Although I'm aware Dawn gave the impression he would be around, it should have came apparent that he wasn't after awhile. Just think, if Jackal didn't step in a little early and "gave" West a win we may have kept it. Good thing Jackal did or Aldaron wouldn't even have a chance to clinch it for Asia.

I, personally, have seen him on irc (the dates elude me...but not for the past 3 days for sure) and I've heard he has been laddering recently so I'm not sure why everyone thinks he is so inactive. Of course, he's not on as often as he would've liked and in a way we were hoping tay vs itachi would clear this up. We didn't have another sub anyway...

And you might want to read your post again, I think you're a little confused :happybrain:

oh, ha my bad. Edited.

anybody else thats interested to see the battle, it should be going on 10pm Pacific tonight.

Scofield

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh, Kate.......
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Well, what annoys me is that Jackal's decision to give West the win actually gave Asia the push to get the match done, otherwise if he had waited a day or so, we might actually have been awarded the win.

I'd also like to think that everyone on Asia knew that Dawnbringer was on vacation with infrequent internet access at the hotel, he posted in this topic, and he had a post in inside scoop for the "leave of absence" thread stating that he would be gone until August 26th.

I also don't like how people have made it sound like the West was trying to "delay" a match just to get the win. An OFFICIAL ruling was made by the TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR giving us the win, why would we want to question his ruling, especially if it is in our favor? Of course everyone else wanted us to play, Asia has nothing to lose from this match after that ruling and everyone else just wants to see a great match of high stakes pokemon. I also didn't like how people were trying to make it sound like TAY was inactive, which he wasn't remotely close to, and then tried to say how Asia could've "delayed" the match, comparing it to what we're trying to do. That obviously was against the rules, we were just waiting for official word from Jackal.

Of course we'll play now, it will be a great match, and I have full faith that LoveDestiny will pull this off.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Aldaron to LoveDestiny said:
I know we said 10 PM PST, which is 1 AM EST, and I agreed, but my boss emailed me and told me I have to go to work at 7:30 AM tomorrow, and with my commute that means waking up at 6:00 AM.

I'm going to have to delay the match till tomorrow. Anytime after 4 PM PST - 12 PM PST will be fine for me, since I have nothing Saturday morning (would prefer the early end of that range though lol)

Thanks.
Sorry people, unless LD signs on in the next hour to two hours, I'm gonna have to delay this till tomorrow!

the match will be delayed until tomorow 1-2pm PST or 4-5:30pm PST because of the recent issue. I wouldn't like to wait anymore, but i understand real-life issues are real..

Oh, looks like I missed a bit of drama while I was on my day-trip. GL LD, I have tons of faith in you.

I'm ready for Husk when LD wins.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Lost to LD.

Don't want to make too many excuses, but started with a terrible lead match up

Got crapped with a 1%, a charge beam miss to ch, and then some really fishy movement. I run a substitute explosion heatran, which no one should expect, but he switched his pkmn into the explosion after I substituted. People can say I wasn't scouted but I don't buy it, which is whatever legal in this I guess.

"whatever" gg I guess.

Lost to LD.

Got crapped with a 1%, a charge beam miss to pursuit ch, and then some really fishy movement. I run a substitute explosion heatran, which no one should expect, but he switched hit rotom into the explosion after I substituted. People can say I wasn't scouted but I don't buy it, which is whatever legal in this I guess.
Confirming that I win. 1% was big i agree, but charge beam wasn't gonna do much since i was specially defense. I had my team for a month now and was ready to play anyone anytime regardless.

SoT

I leave and they change my avatar to this?
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
good games. =[

good luck

edit: well it was fun. good luck asia, show them ocns wat up

Lost to Husk, 0-3. Sorry to let you down team. GG man, well played. I knew that explosion was coming, and I should've acted on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)