The World Cup of Pokemon VI - Semi Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
After a thrilling tiebreak between Oceania and Brazil, we have arrived at the Final Four. Who will be the champs?? Whether it be the newcomer French, the bros of the West, the good looking Canadians or those pesky Oceanians that always seem to be down but never out, it will be one hell of a ride to the end. Let's see how it all unfolds, shall we ;)

The final rosters can be viewed here

The format can be found here

The rules of the tournament can be found here

The standings after the prelims can be found here

Brackets

After the first round, the teams were seeded and will now play in a knockout style. Let's take a look at the pairings!

The Bracket

Substitutions

Substitutions can be made at any time, but once a player has been subbed out, they cannot be put back in for the duration of the round.

Rulings

Now some notes on a few issues I feel need to be addressed (basically rulings on often disputed topics):

Identity

I expect many battles to be completed under alts and I expect many battles to be completed on other servers to prevent scouting. These kind of factors are pretty bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.

Scouting

Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. It is the silliest thing I have ever heard, any battler worth their marbles has more than one team. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any forceful scouting, whether it be spying on another teams irc channel or following your opponent around on PO. There is a difference between "ipl is known for using stall" and "let me follow ipl around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter.

With that said, I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. However, given the fact that this is the big stage, I am sure a lot of people want to watch, so dont be too mean :)

Timer Clause

As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.

Disconnections

Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.

I know that was a lot to read, but it is all necessary for me to have posted here so everyone can see it in the case of a dispute. I don't want any confusion or any problems.

Deadline

The deadline for this round will be ten days from now, Thursday August 11 at 11:59 EST. Tiebreaker matches will happen after this deadline (if necessary). I will be calling activity wins and monitoring all these battles carefully, so make sure to keep in contact with your opponent and get it done!

To the Final Four: good job making it this far, but there can only be one winner. Prove it should be you...

FIGHT FOR YOUR COUNTRY!!!!!!!! (you didn't think I'd forget, did you??)

ah, the fall of US West, so be it!

Also, it seems that my numbers are far superior than those of my adversary's, and with that in mind, I will easily -- achieve victory.

Scofield

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh, Kate.......
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
finally, after 3 years, i can use all my canada jokes eh.

I'm 154x the man wilson46 is. BTW activity post... he already johned outta my first challenge B).

CANADA SCARE

Grind Pantera

Since I'm awake and I have nothing to do, I'll start them off.
Oceania (8) Vs France (0)

Golden Sun Vs Ojama
Earthworm Vs BIHI
Hipmonlee Vs Go10
Playa Vs Gabranth - Get it brother <*^*>
Heist Vs Cristal
panamaxis Vs Aqualouis
The_Chaser Vs Grimm70
Stallion Vs Boudouche

Canada (4) Vs USA West (4) Via. Tie breaker

Krack Vs Scofield
wilson46 Vs Philip7086
Atticus Vs remlabmez
Iconic Vs Anachronism
Ala Vs Loven
Gouki Vs Indra
Jackal Vs Bloo
franky Vs Seven Deadly Sins

Oceania (3) Vs France (5)

Golden Sun Vs Ojama
Earthworm Vs BIHI
Hipmonlee Vs Go10
Playa Vs Gabranth
Heist Vs Cristal
panamaxis Vs Aqualouis
The_Chaser Vs Grimm70
Stallion Vs Boudouche

Canada (0) Vs USA West (8)

Krack Vs Scofield
wilson46 Vs Philip7086
Atticus Vs remlabmez
Iconic Vs Anachronism
Ala Vs Loven
Gouki Vs Indra
Jackal Vs Bloo

Oceania Vs France

Golden Sun Vs Ojama
Earthworm Vs BIHI
Hipmonlee Vs Go10
Playa Vs Gabranth
Heist Vs Cristal
panamaxis Vs Aqualouis
The_Chaser Vs Grimm70
Stallion Vs Boudouche

Canada Vs USA West

Krack Vs Scofield
wilson46 Vs Philip7086
Atticus Vs remlabmez
Iconic Vs Anachronism
Ala Vs Loven
Gouki Vs Indra
Jackal Vs Bloo

Oceania (7) Vs France (1)

Golden Sun Vs Ojama
Earthworm VsBIHI
Hipmonlee Vs Go10
Playa Vs Gabranth
Heist Vs Cristal
panamaxis Vs Aqualouis
The_Chaser Vs Grimm70
Stallion Vs Boudouche

Canada (5) Vs USA West (3)

Krack Vs Scofield
wilson46 Vs Philip7086
Atticus Vs remlabmez
Iconic Vs Anachronism
Ala Vs Loven
Gouki Vs Indra
Jackal Vs Bloo

Oceania (8) Vs France (0)

Golden Sun Vs Ojama
Earthworm VsBIHI
Hipmonlee Vs Go10
Playa Vs Gabranth
Heist Vs Cristal
panamaxis Vs Aqualouis
The_Chaser Vs Grimm70
Stallion Vs Boudouche

Canada (4) Vs USA West (4) (wins tiebreak)

Krack Vs Scofield
wilson46 Vs Philip7086
Atticus Vs remlabmez
Iconic Vs Anachronism
Ala Vs Loven
Gouki Vs Indra
Jackal Vs Bloo

Oceania (7) Vs France (1)

Golden Sun Vs Ojama
Earthworm VsBIHI
Hipmonlee Vs Go10
Playa Vs Gabranth
Heist Vs Cristal
panamaxis Vs Aqualouis
The_Chaser Vs Grimm70
Stallion Vs Boudouche

Canada (4) Vs USA West (4) (wins tiebreak)

KrackVs Scofield
wilson46 Vs Philip7086
Atticus Vs remlabmez
Iconic Vs Anachronism
Ala Vs Loven
Gouki Vs Indra
Jackal Vs Bloo

Aqualouis

^ Sport de raquette + Service pas rattrapé
is a Contributor Alumnus
When i saw Oceania's win, i thought : "I'm gonna play Panamaxis".
That will be very hard for us but i'm sure we'll do our best. GL Oceania. BTW i think Gabranth will be subbed

Oceania (2) Vs France (6)

Golden Sun Vs Ojama
Earthworm Vs BIHI
Hipmonlee Vs Go10
Playa Vs Gabranth
HeistVs Cristal
panamaxis Vs Aqualouis
The_Chaser Vs Grimm70
Stallion Vs Boudouche

Oceania sucks. The only two that wins are the people I like. Fuk worms could go to hell

Canada (4) Vs USA West (4)

Krack Vs Scofield
wilson46 Vs Philip7086
Atticus Vs remlabmez
Iconic Vs Anachronism
Ala Vs Loven
Gouki Vs Indra
Jackal Vs Bloo

Gouki vs Indra

I like those four Canadians. No offense US West nigs, but at least I got US West winning tiebreaker with Indra beating Gouki.

Ojama

Banned deucer.
Wow it's going to be very exciting, some matchupd are very interessting. Go France !

Oceania (5) Vs France (3)

Golden Sun Vs Ojama
Earthworm Vs BIHI
Hipmonlee Vs Go10
Playa Vs Gabranth
Heist Vs Cristal
panamaxis Vs Aqualouis
The_Chaser Vs Grimm70
Stallion Vs Boudouche

Canada (4) Vs USA West (4)

Krack Vs Scofield
wilson46 Vs Philip7086
Atticus Vs remlabmez
Iconic Vs Anachronism
Ala Vs Loven
Gouki Vs Indra
Jackal Vs Bloo

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Canada (4) Vs USA West (3)

Krack Vs Scofield - If Scofield remembers that his ape doesn't counter skarmory he should be ok
wilson46 Vs Philip7086 - Fuk Aron
Atticus Vs remlabmez - highlight, pretty much a tossup
Iconic Vs Anachronism - Heard the name but never seen him play (that I remember) so Iconic it is
Ala Vs Loven - loven gonna get it by doing some lite work DMD DMD DMD
Gouki Vs Indra - Too many protect users in BW for dacopboss to succeed with ToC
Jackal Vs Bloo - Jackal for the upset???
franky Vs Seven Deadly Sins - Although he makes a mean comicon outfit I think franky has the edge in pokemons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)