Be yourself an angel of kindness
The ZU Send-Off Tournament
The ZU Send-Off Tournament
- This is a standard Gen 7 ZU Tournament. All matches must be played in "[Gen 7] ZU".
- ZU is a usage based tier. Essentially you can use anything that is not in a higher tier; PU effectively serves as the ZU banlist. However, there are several Pokemon banned from ZU which are not in PU or a higher tier; aka ZUBL.
- This tournament will be Single Elimination.
- All rounds will be Best of Three. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
- Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown (or on the SmogTours server).
- To encourage the development of the metagame (yes, even at the tail-end of the generation), and so that everyone is on an even playing field, all matches must have replays recorded. If neither player posts replays of the match, regardless of whether you confirm that your opponent won, your series will be coinflipped unless you can provide replays. We will not disqualify both players, but we will coinflip the series, not because we don't believe that you played, but because the replay rule ensures everyone is on an even playing field, as stated. If you wish for your replays to stay hidden, you may PM them to me instead.
- NOTE: For the Semi-Finals and Finals, replays MUST be made public. As host, I'll remind you all of this when we hit the Semi-Finals round.
- Sleep Clause Mod: Limit one foe put to sleep
- Species Clause: Limit one of each Pokemon
- OHKO Clause: OHKO moves are banned
- Moody Clause: Moody is banned
- Evasion Moves Clause: Evasion moves are banned
- Endless Battle Clause: Forcing endless battles is banned
- HP Percentage Mod: HP is shown in percentages
- Identity: I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.
- Scouting: Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using stall" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. Everyone will have access to your replays from earlier rounds though.
- Timer Clause: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.
- Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.
The deadline for Signups is Sunday, February 23rd at 10pm EST.