Theorymonning a platinum team up

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is basically my favorite stall team that I've been using since the suspect ladder that has been slightly modified for use taking into account a few new suspected major threats, such as Skymin and Outragemence. Fixing it to handle those threats has probably opened a metric fuckton of new issues, help me hammer those out please.

Registeel, Impish nature, 252hp/252sp. def/4def @ Leftovers
Ice Punch
Thunder Wave
Stealth Rock
Swagger/Earthquake

Note that this is not necessarily my lead, I don't really have a good lead. This is primarily a Skymin counter, if Skymin goes to ubers I'll be replacing him for sure. Stealth rock is here rather than on Donphan because Donphan pretty much needs to be at max HP to serve his main purpose. Anyways, he does his job perfectly. Ice Punch is highly threatening considering Skymin's shit defenses and x4 weak, twave is going to rape his highest stat, stealth rock hurts him (and other things of course) for 25% damage on a switch in and Swagger has a very high chance of confusing him without giving him any real benefit. EQ would mostly be filler there as Registeel isn't going to be staying in against much that dislikes one anyways.

Porygon2, Modest nature, 240hp/164def/12sp. atk/92sp. def @ Leftovers
Discharge
Ice Beam
Hidden Power (Ground)
Recover

Somewhat standard PG2. He's beastly in the chompless metagame, with trace he can counter quite a few threats. HP ground is mostly for Magnezone and Heatran, with Discharge there for paralysis. Gyarados is terrified of taking any electric attack so the slightly lowered power is of little concern, as it makes it more effective against a stalling Vaporeon.

Celebi, Bold nature, 252hp/220def/36spe @ Leftovers
Leech Seed
Hidden Power (Ice)
Grass Knot
Recover

This is a celebi, I think you all know what it does. Sponges physical hits like a beast and provides leech seed support which is pretty handy for a stall team.

Tentacruel, Bold nature, 204hp/96sp. atk/168sp. def/40spe @ Black Sludge (Ability: Clear Body)
Surf
Ice Beam
Knock Off
Toxic Spikes

Hello, I am tentacruel. Sucks to be infernape.

Donphan, Impish nature, 252hp/200def/52atk @ Leftovers
Earthquake
Roar
Ice Shard
Rapid Spin

Support Donphan, chiefly ment as an outrage mence killer. He always survives an adamant DD'd LO outrage after SR damage and return a kill with ice shard provided SR/LO damage adding up to at least 35% on said mence. I really need to keep him in tip top condition though due to the very slim margin by which he survives (needless to say he's 2HKO'd by said outrage, but ice shard has priority of course). He makes Wishey even more essential than she was when I ran swampert as my bulky ground.

Blissey, Calm nature 252def/80sp. atk/176sp. def @ Leftovers
Wish
Softboiled
Ice Beam
Seismic Toss

Blah blah blah this is blissey. I'd hope you know what this does by now. Wish supports the team, helping several defensive members without reliable recovery (or without recovery at all in the case of donphan/regisuck), ice beam is still a strong attacking option, heavily damaging attempted dragonite or salamence tomfoolery. Seismic toss would be to stop stuff like cm raikou from raping me, though CM Mismagus can still give me some issues.

For anyone who is interested, the members that are new to this team are Registeel and Donphan. They replaced Weezing and Swampert. The big thing that I'm seeing is that without weezing this team is pretty goddamned hera/lucario weak. It sucks that Skymin takes something as useless as Registeel to counter, it's enough to make me hope it goes uber.

Right now, we're not allowing rates of teams with/designed for the Platinum metagame, since we just don't know enough about it yet. (Since this is just a team designed for the plantinum metagame feel free to repost it with regular descriptions if you're looking for advice on it in the D/P metagame, but judging from your post that doesn't seem to be your intention).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)