This Apparatus Must Be Unearthed

My last RMT was lame, because I didn't really like the team all that much. I now have a new RMT!! Any help/insight you guys can provide would be awesome. Tested out on shoddy for quite a few matches, went 12 and 2. I am fairly certain I have most threats covered in the Metagame. So, without further adieu, here we go.

The Team:

Ok first things first, the beginning, a.k.a. the lead.

Facepunch, the Infernape @ Focus Sash
64 Atk / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Naive
- Fake Out
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Close Combat

Well, this is standard as far as LeadApe goes. I will say right now, that I love Fake Out leads, especially ones who can get up Stealth Rock 99% of the time.

The only time I am not guaranteed SR is from anything faster taunting, which is predicted easily enough, and they are easily 2HKO'ed. Except for lead Ambipom, who will outspeed and 2HKO if he has Return.

After setting up SR, he will either switch out to come in later, or kill the opp lead if it can.

Fire Blast and Close Combat are both STAB and amazing for his coverage, hitting most things for at least neutral damage. Fake out for when I switch back in as well.

Pokey the Gliscor @ Leftovers
Jolly
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
- Taunt
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Toxic

StallBreak Gliscor ftw. This is going to be my main switch from Infernape to scout/taunt the enemy.

Perfect for those pesky Gyarados' and Dragonites, and anything else trying to set up.

I chose to run Toxic over U-Turn in case I can't gut up TSpikes with Tentacruel, and it's my go to move on predicted switches, unless I need hp, then of course, Roost it up.

Also functions as a backup physical wall of sorts, and STAB EQ will take a nice chunk out of anything that doesn't resist.

Bazinga the Zapdos @ Life Orb
Timid
4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power Grass
- Roost

Standard Offensive build on Shoddy, not very standard as far as usage, at least from what I have seen.

Originally, this was going to be my physical tank, but due to some limitations of the original team I had planned out, I switched that to Celebi.

Not many people expect an offensive Zapdos, and not many people are ready for it either.

Tbolt is amazing STAB, which will easily 2HKO anything that doesn't resist it and isn't hugely specially defensive, possibly OHKOing after SR on those 2HKOs, such as Heatran.

Heat Wave is there for any steel/ice types who switch in. I chose HP grass over Ice for Swampert who is a common switch in, plus the synergy with Celebi, you'll see why further on.

Oni the Tentacruel @ Leftovers
Calm
252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Hidden Power Electric
- Surf

My bulky water. I was originally using Vaporeon in this slot, but I really needed a Rapid Spinner, and Starmie did not fit the bill. Plus this gives me a toxic spike absorb as well.

Toxic Spikes are there to... lay toxic spikes. Rapid spin is for removing hazards as you all know.

Surf is in for Powerful STAB using Tentacruel's decent Special Attack.

Hidden Power Electric is in the last slot over Sludge Bomb to stop Bulky Waters from setting up on me, especially Gyarados.

Housefly, the Celebi @ Leftovers
Bold
252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe
- Grass Knot
- Recover
- Thunder Wave
- Hidden Power Ice

Fairly standard defensive Celebi.

Grass Knot is in for STAB + a lack of SpA loss that Leaf Storm would give. I chose Twave over Leech Seed and Heal Bell because it will help to prevent set ups and choice scarfers from running all over my team.

I chose Hidden Power Ice over HP Fire and Earth power because honestly, I need an Ice type attack for Flygon switch ins primarily, and if I can predict that, then it will not get a uturn off, and will die on the switch. This also works for a Stallbreaking Gliscor who taunts me predicting a status move.

Punchface the Scizor @ Choice Band
Adamant
248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Standard Choice Band Scizor. This is my Ghost/Psychic counter.

I have always had issues with Rotom on every team I have made, so I figured it was time to implement a counter. Pursuit does this nicely.

U-turn is to scout out whatever my opponent has coming up.

Superpower will take care of things like Ttar.

Bullet Punch with Technician is one of the greatest things ever, and has the potential to OHKO so many things, especially after SR.

I love this poke as a revenge killer.

Top Metagame Pokes, and How I deal with them.

Heatran - Gliscor, Tentacruel for scarfed variants locked into Earth Power and Infernape, Zapdos can also Deal with him if needed.

Rotom - Scizor

Gyarados - Zapdos and Tentacruel

Metagross - Gliscor, Infernape, Zapdos, Scizor will likely force a switch.

Tyranitar - Infernape, Gliscor, Scizor, Tentacruel for Tyraniboah

Infernape - Gliscor, Tentacruel

Lucario - Lol

Gengar - Scizor will likey force a switch, and even if not, pursuit wins.

Swampert - Zapdos lol, and Celebi

Blissey - I hate this thing so much, but Nape and Scizor, Possibly Gliscor.

Jirachi - Pretty lol as well, Scarf Jirachi however, I may as well just cry.

Starmie - Zapdos will likely cause a switch, and Scizor. Tentacruel can hit it with HP elec as well.

Azelf - Scizor

Gliscor - Celebi, Tentacruel, Zapdos can 2HKO after SR with HP Grass, but this is not ideal.

Vaporeon - Zapdos, Tentacruel, Celebi

Magnezone - Nape, Zapdos

Machamp - Celebi, Zapdos, Gliscor. Champ is a bit harder to take out than most.

Zapdos - Well Gliscor can prob force a switch, and Celebi and Zap can kill it.

Breloom - Pretty lol

Celebi - Zappy, Nape, Celebi, Scizor

Forretress - Nape, Zap

Skarmory - Nape, Zap

Flygon - Scizor can take all of it's attacks, and Celebi can OHKO on switch in.

Suicune - See Vaporeon.

Well to start I like the synergy this team has as far as typing goes.

Next to the Pokemons name, you should have the hold item on all of them. It looks like only half of your team has an item.

This Infernape lead is meant to start the momentum early for your team by defeating just about every lead and get up rocks, so I like the lead.

This team seems somewhat susceptible to an CroCune. If Toxic Spikes aren't down, it can do some damage to the majority of your team if Tentacruel should happen to be gone or in low health. Especially since with just one CM Tbolt from Zapdos only does around 57.9% - 68.3%. While if it has up two CMs Zapdos only does 43.6% - 52%, allowing Suicune to hit back for 63.6% - 75.1%.

An answer to this would be to use the Bulky DD Gyarados, in place of Zapdos, as Gyarados resists surf and can come in on Suicune and set up all day. The way the opponent would counter this would be to bring in Rotom-A, while Scizor has Pursuit, he takes 93.9% - 110.5% from a Choice Scarfed Tbolt, so if you can predict well, the best bet would be to switch in Gliscor should they bring in a Rotom-A to stop your Gyarados sweep. Use this set.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability:Intimidate
Evs:156 HP / 72 Atk / 96 Def / 184 Spe
Nature:Adamant
~ Dragon Dance
~ Taunt
~ Waterfall
~ Stone Edge / Bounce

Finally, use U-Turn>Toxic on Gliscor as from experience with Toxic Spikes and Toxic on Gliscor, it really won't get much use. Not to mention this provides you with another "scout"

Fixed the items, an oversight it seems. And personally I have had terrible luck with Gyarados on every team I have made, but I will give it a try and see how it goes.

just a nitpick before I attempt to rate it, Could you make all the moves in a black colour? as some of the moves, like Fake Out and Earthquake are really painful on the eye.

I'll edit with my rate in a bit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)