This Community is Toxic and the Mods Do Not Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My patience with the smogon community has reached its absolute limit. It is an overly toxic and anti-competitive community that actively condemns players that use strategies and team compositions outside of the metagame, and even goes as far as to harass players and defend cheaters for using outside resources to gain an advantage in the middle of battle. If the community is going to continue to be this way, and the moderators have no intention of doing the moderation part of the position then I'm announcing my leave from this community and moving to a less toxic competitive format with better rules.

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I feel you, man.

This place can overwhelm one sometimes, hence why i created the "Hi, therapeutic thread". Come say hi and relieve some stress.

And dont worry about the mods. They cant touch you in my thread

tumblr_2fc31909324999382dbf4abde0639b09_d2fca291_400.gif

Last edited:
In an effort to contradict your impression of the smogon community as a whole, I'd like to be as respectful to you as possible.
My patience with the smogon community has reached its absolute limit. It is an overly toxic and anti-competitive community that actively condemns players that use strategies and team compositions outside of the metagame, and even goes as far as to harass player
That 1400 player you met on the OU ladder running S/A mons isn't necessarily part of the smogon community. In all seriousness, this isn't true. Please show evidence of this point, please.

defend cheaters for using outside resources to gain an advantage in the middle of battle.
This is extremely false, and If you have proof of such I'd suggest that you contact upper staff / TDs. I'm not the type to assume, but damage calculation isn't cheating, by the way.

the moderators have no intention of doing the moderation part of the position
Look at any high-congestion thread or the administration process when it comes to tournaments. The smogon moderators put hours upon hours making this community a better place, and if you've found something wrong, I ask of you to contact them with valid points and evidence. They will listen to you if your points are logical and the degree of the offense that you've reported is substantial enough to warrant punishment.

If your problem is based on offenders on pokemon showdown, the best course of action is to open a help ticket. I hope I can help you with what I've said, and If you do not think so, do not hesitate to ask questions in the respective areas. Thank you for reading and have a nice day.

THE_IRON_...KENYAN?

Banned deucer.
Mods are typically people who arent good enough to be exemplary users at the specific task relevant to their community, like competitive battling and the competitive battling forum. The only mod Ive held to be an intellectual equal of mine was myself when I was a mod. Its why Im a libertarian. The internet has taught me that authority is inherently mediocre and should only be laughed at. My modship was different because only the best of the best could be made a mod of the forum I was in. It was modship by the strong, rather than modship by the "team raters" and "grammar pencil pushers" and "policy makers".

This post will probably be deleted. But even if its deleted, every mod can still read it and know that it applies to them and that Im right.

Jerry the great

Banned deucer.
I... actually must agree. The viability rankings WOULD be fun, but the entire council must agree for the Mon to get said rank! Rate my teams is in a similar case: It'd actually be cool... If we didn't have to go super deep as to how the team works! And if you want to make that boring experience not so bad by joking around, then you get infracted, and continuing to do so gets you banned! ... Hmm? Sounds like these complaints are about staff? ... I hated staff a month ago and I still do. They ruin everything! Anyways though... Also, yeah it is toxic... You sometimes have to deal with slander and rage over an individual disagreeing with you, people can't learn to take a joke here, and just... Agh! No wonder I've been so inactive for such a long time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)