ORAS OU This Team Screams OU (An ORAS OU Team)

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Welcome to a somewhat of a noob's team!

I've been playing Pokemon competitively for about a year and I was pretty good. But, my downfall was when ORAS came out. My old teams didn't work well. So, I made a new one, as you see. Now, enough chat, let's go to the team!

At a Glance:

(Changes in Bold Red)

Let's get some details, shall we?:

Green In Jar (Greninja) @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 40 Atk / 216 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Low Kick
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Beam

Greninja is a very solid Pokemon to use. With it's amazing ability, Protean, it makes an excellent fast
sweeper. The set is nothing special, just a regular set, Life Orb, same old, same old. However, I need to have a sharp mind to predict what my opponent is going to do. If I make the wrong move, that's a dead frog.
Edit: With the new Mixed Greninja set (requested by Windgrace) I can hit small threats like Chansey, Porygon2, AND Azumarill with Low Kick or Gunk Shot. Not the same old Greninja now!

Gar's Chomp (Garchomp) @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

This slot for a fast physical sweeper has gave me trouble for a while. But, Garchomp is a nice spot for it. I don't really care that there are 2 Life Orb user here, but I couldn't find another item that was better than this. Anyways everything seems normal maybe until Iron Head. As you will see, I have a big weakness to Fairies. Iron Head is just a fuller until I have something for Fairies.
Edit: Forget Iron Head. There's already decent coverage for Fairies (not Azumarill), so I replaced it with Stone Edge (suggested by Aelsorm) for a little better coverage. (Yeah, there is Terrakion, but you never know when it will come in handy for a battle someday.)

Light A Pass (Latias) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost

God look at all the Life Orbs. Moving on, Latias is a solid defoger to get rid of hazards for my other Pokemon to sweep. Although, that's pretty much her only use. Yeah, there are other reasons, but I just don't see it. It can also get rid of Pokemon with half HP with Psyshock or OHKO with Draco Meteor, but that's about it. I feel like I should replace her. Any suggestions?

Heats Ran (Heatran) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Toxic
- Lava Plume

Heatran is sort-of a hazard setter and a Toxic Staller. Getting Rocks up is pretty important in my book (and almost everyone else's), so I tend to switch into something that can't do anything to me, force them to switch, and get a free turn to set up Rocks. Toxic+Protect combo is pretty nice. With only 1 Pokemon on the opponents side, I can stall them out, or just stall in general. Lava Plume is a nice STAB attack with a nice chance to burn steel types, which I cant use Toxic on.

Vine A Sauce (Venusaur-Mega) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 240 Hp / 252 Def / 16 Spe (Ev Spread from DeadlyRabbit)
Bold Nature
- Knock Off
- Giga Drain
- Synthesis
- Toxic

My mega, which you've been waiting for, has great defenses PLUS Thick Fat! This could shut-down huge threats like Azumarill (almost) completely. This set is mostly a Toxic Staller too plus Leech Seed and a recovering move! Although it is amazing to use, Gale Wings Talonflame can take a bite out of it, as shown:
252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Venusaur: 294-348 (80.7 - 95.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
But switching into Heatran could stop it, plus a slim chance to get a Flash Fire boost if it used Flare Blitz (which is pretty unlikely for a skilled player to do.)Knock is just a good move to use for removing a item from another Pokemon.

Tear A Key On (Terrakion) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Earthquake

Choice Scarf Terrakion is a great revenge killer to use. With a blazing hot 519 speed, it can outspeed almost everything in the OU metagame (except for faster, scarfed Pokemon)! Plus, I could get a attack boost if I predict right (Justified boost from Dark moves). But, like Garchomp, I need Fairy coverage because I'm super weak to them, so I slapped Iron Head on it. Every other move is mostly or STAB and coverage.

The Threats:

This damn water rabbit thing can destroy my team, most certainly with the Belly Drum set. My only hope is to stall it out with Mega-Venusaur or Gunk Shot Greninja.

More coming soon...

Holy crap, you've made it to the ending! Thank you so much to take the time to read this (and my really bad Pokemon nicknames). Now, must not forget the team export:

Green In Jar (Greninja) @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Beam

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Light A Pass (Latias) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost

Heats Ran (Heatran) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Toxic
- Lava Plume

Vine A Sauce (Venusaur-Mega) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Knock Off
- Giga Drain
- Synthesis
- Toxic

Tear A Key On (Terrakion) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Earthquake

Good day, fellow Smogonians! (That's not a thing but I dont care. :P)

Last edited:
Have you considered the mixed set for Greninja? With access to Gunk Shot and Low Kick Greninja gets even better coverage in ORAS. Most people run sets like:
Greninja @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Gunk Shot
- Dark Pulse
- Low Kick/Hidden Power Fire/Extrasensory

With the EV spread it will OHKO Azumarill and 2HKO defensive Clefable (while only taking like 30% from a Moonblast). The last move is mostly for whatever coverage you're lacking. Dark Pulse is nice for M-Slowbro. Low Kick smacks Chansey and Porygon2, but Gunk Shot also does solid damage to 'em.

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Have you considered the mixed set for Greninja? With access to Gunk Shot and Low Kick Greninja gets even better coverage in ORAS. Most people run sets like:
Greninja @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Gunk Shot
- Dark Pulse
- Low Kick/Hidden Power Fire/Extrasensory

With the EV spread it will OHKO Azumarill and 2HKO defensive Clefable (while only taking like 30% from a Moonblast). The last move is mostly for whatever coverage you're lacking. Dark Pulse is nice for M-Slowbro. Low Kick smacks Chansey and Porygon2, but Gunk Shot also does solid damage to 'em.
Not a bad idea. Although I feel like with the mixed because Naive makes it to frail. But, I will add Gunk Shot. It's a nice, powerful Poison type move.

Not a bad idea. Although I feel like with the mixed because Naive makes it to frail. But, I will add Gunk Shot. It's a nice, powerful Poison type move.
Greninja is already incredibly frail and dies to many priority moves (especially if it doesn't resist it). With Naive and +40 attack EVs it will OHKO the most common Azumarill variants. I think you have to run +244 Attack EVs to achieve the KO with a Timid nature, which isn't worth it. Besides, there's basically NO special priority moves in the game, so dropping Special Defense isn't sacrificing too much. Besides, what Greninja excels at is revenging (provided it's not up against something at +1 or +2) and nailing switch ins.

Another thing to consider is the three recovery moves on M-Venu. I'd consider something else like Knock Off for utility or something else over Leech Seed perhaps?

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Rock Slide (or Stone Edge)
- Swords Dance
Never run Iron Head or Poison Jab on Garchomp. It is not worthy. Those are base 80 moves that gets doubled to 160, where neutral EQ hits for 150 (not that big difference). It is much better to invest the moveslot to another coverage move like Rock Slide (because the only Fairy Pokemon that wouldnt be hit by EQ is Togekiss and Togekiss is weak to rock) and that's also pretty useful against things like Volcanrona, Talonflame and ZardY. If you think you don't need to cover those Pokemon you may try Flamethrower, Fire Blast or Fire Fang, but I think that would change much.

You've got Latias, Venusaur, Ninja and Garchomp. I'm not sure why you see BD Azu as a real threat.
You should change the spread on Venu to : EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Allows you to outspeed 252 speed Azu (Adamant).
Also, the moveset is just wrong on every levels, you need at least Giga drain.

Your team is just not viable in general though. MGross can practically 6-0, especially the Agility one that can set up against Venu, Tera, Latias, even Greninja.
MLatias CM is also a major threat, the SubCM one most of all since it can pretty much solo your entire team. Diancie is a huge threat too, with that moveset Venusaur can't do anything. MSceptile too, because Venusaur can't even break a sub, Bisharp SD too, if Terrakion is weakened, (M)Gyara subDD, and lots of other stuff.

i have noticed that the team is good overall but a major weakness is greninja. i recently played a game against greninja and i realized it had surf for heatran ice beam for venesaur ice beam for latias ice beam for garchomp surf for terrakion and the only thing it didnt have super efective was are own greninja witch is very frail so it would of got OHKO'd

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)