Threat list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misty

oh
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Take every Advance standard, add to that list Infernape, Garchomp, Porygon-Z, Togekiss, Azelf, and Electivire.

As far as big ones, look out for Tyranitar, Heracross, Garchomp, Gyarados, and Azelf.

I'd add (in varying degrees of "threats") Bronzong, Empoleon, Torterra, Gliscor, Staraptor, Manaphy, Drapion, Rampardos to the that.

Er, Phu, i think he's looking for things to keep in mind to counter while making a team. I'm not worried about anything on your list with the exception of staraptor and manaphy. And staraptor has to worry about the 2 or 3 ice beams that will be on every team. :[

So yeah, everything Mist and Mekkah said, plus staraptor and manaphy. Heatran and Mismagius could be sleepers,though...

You will usually "accidently" counter most of the things I listed - like your Tyranitar counter will probably counter Rampardos too. Just some new stuff to bear in mind, like Empoleon beating waters with Grass Rope and Bronzong being a general pain in the arse to kill (although not really hurting anything).

Besides specific pokemon, it's always good to have a team with the right resists. Uncommon types like Steel and Poison aren't really worrysome, but having Dark, Rock, Fire, Fighting, Ice, Ground, and possibly Electric resists are always good ideas. It was easy to wall with just Skarmory and Blissey, but with much more offense this time around having those resists can help out alot, especially against the new choice items.

Resists are nice, but I wouldn't mind not having, say, a Psychic resist when I have Blissey, since it's just so impregnable. I'd rather spend on an extra slot on something I need than a technical Psychic resist, as nice as "back up" can be.

Also keep in mind a Bug or Steel resist is useless unless that Pokemon counters Heracross or Metagross respectively. Very few other things use these (though Bug is more common in DP than in RS).

Take every Advance standard, add to that list Infernape, Garchomp, Porygon-Z, Togekiss, Azelf, and Electivire.

As far as big ones, look out for Tyranitar, Heracross, Garchomp, Gyarados, and Azelf.
Misty hit pretty much every nail on the head with his 11-headed hammer.

A list of sweepers in no particular order:

Gyara***
Azelf ***
Sala***
Ttar***
Garchomp***
Hera***
Infernape***
Snorlax**
PZ**
Gengar**
Jirachi**
Staraptor**
Lucario**
Raikou**
Electivire**
Zapdos*
Starmie**
Manaphy**
Suicune*
Metagross***
Aerodactyl*
Slaking**
Dragonite***
Dugtrio**
Weavile*
Medicham*
Togakiss**
Heatran (magma storm is too sexy to pass up)**
Trick room Rhyperior***
TR Rampardos*
TR Scizor **
TR Magnazone*

Possibly Relicanth and Ferilgator, might be a good end game sweepers.

probable threat level (* - lowest) (*** - highest)

Why the hell are you even bothering to rank them when we all know very well that the metagame will change drastically as time goes on, especially this early on? A listing is as far as one should go, really.

Empoleon isn't really a threat as such, since he isn't going to be sweeping teams any time soon. He's just a really good counter to most water types, in the same way Ludicolo is. He's just something you need to be aware of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)