Not open for further replies.

Camerupt @ Cameruptite
Ability: Magma Armor / Solid Rock
EVs: 128 HP / 252 SpA / 128 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Nature Power
- Stealth Rock / Rock Slide / Ancient Power / HP Whatever / Toxic / BlahBlahBlah

Camerupt easily OHKOes both members of the core with Earth Power and Nature Power into Energy Ball (yes this requires bulu support but if you really want go run HP Grass). Can't switch-in to Gastrodon but can take an Earthquake. It can take the Magma Storm from Heatran pretty easily and Earth Power does around 50% so you can switch in if needed. Apart from threatening both members it can take the opportunity to set up Stealth Rocks or to fire off a strong attack (as a bonus it threatens grass type Pokemon that can be paired with the core to form a Fire-Water-Grass core).
Will post calcs later

Reserving mpinsir

Pinsir-Mega (M) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Aerilate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Quick Attack
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake

Pinsir-mega outspeeds both, kills tran and does a billion to gastrodon which even if eats 1 hit can only try to scald burn and even then will die to the next hit
252 Atk Aerilate Pinsir-Mega Return vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Gastrodon: 307-363 (72.2 - 85.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Aerilate burned Pinsir-Mega Return vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Gastrodon: 153-181 (36 - 42.5%) -- 95.6% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Pinsir-Mega Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 476-560 (123.3 - 145%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Last edited:

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 236 HP / 160 SpD / 112 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Substitute
- Coil
- Glare​

Probably one of the better Zygarde sets rn. It's quite easy for Zygarde to set up on Gastrodon and Heatran due to its outstanding bulk, aslong as it can switch-in without being burnt (or toxic'd) by Gastrodon. SubCoil Zygarde also isn't dead-weight against most other teams as it gives a good way of speed control.​

+2 0 Atk Zygarde Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 736-868 (190.6 - 224.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 0 Atk Zygarde Thousand Arrows vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Gastrodon: 262-310 (61.6 - 72.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (gastrodon and heatran are free set up, which is why u can easily get to +2, or maybe even +3 or higher.)​

op from earth / Jordy (rip)
:(

Last edited:
1526026265197.png

Landorus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Fly
- Smack Down
- Swords Dance

Landorus outspeeds both Pokemon and obliterates them with Earthquake or Supersonic Skystrike. If Landorus gets a chance to boost, it can simply spam Earthquake to win.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Reserving Breloom half as a joke sub
Fightinium-Z Kartana

Kartana @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Defog/Knock Off/Smart Strike

Simples, outspeed both, OHKO both with Leaf Blade and Z-Sacred Sword. You can even possibly bluff Scarf and lure Heatran. You can switch into Scald once or twice if you don't mind rolling the burn dice, obviously not Magma Storm, everything else is Gucci.

Hey Jordy, hope you like what I did with the place.
TIL Shiny Kartana is basically just worse regular Kartana

Garchomp @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage

Garchomp is bad rn but this offensive SR set can put in some work against teams without Bulu. This core loses to it. Earthquake ohkos Heatran and 2hkos Gastrodon. Gastrodon is also ohkoed by Z-Outrage. Garchomp can switch in quite safely on most attacks except scald.

252 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Gastrodon: 222-262 (52.2 - 61.6%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Garchomp Devastating Drake (190 BP) vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Gastrodon: 421-496 (99 - 116.7%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Breloom @ Life Orb / Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Swords Dance

Breloom is an interesting mon because it has a fairly unique set of traits that make it a perfectly viable choice but it suffers the same issues as Blacephalon in that it is totally impossible to justify using ever. Its main draw over Tapu Bulu is, obviously, its access to Spore and Mach Punch, with the latter allowing it to pose as a serious threat to Heatran due to its priority (compared to Bulu, which needs to catch it in the switch and concequently can’t force it out). Of course it also threatens Gastro for very obvious reasons (nuclear Bullet Seed baby). One thing to bear in mind is that they’re often paired with stuff that shuts Breloom down. Also if the opponent doesn’t need their tran to be heakthy for whatever reason they may not switch out of healthy tran and that’ll mean a dead Breloom. Still works most of the time though!

Thanks for all the great posts and support over the past 11 weeks. Unfortunately due to a number of things IRL I have not had much time to play and even less time to post here and currently things are only looking like they are going to get busier. Though I will not be gone forever, for now I'm going to relinquish ownership of this thread.

Thanks again.

Last edited:

Felixx

I'm back.
Hi! So I'm the new thread owner, Felixx, and I'll try and continue this project and attempt to do as well as Altervisi did, but I'll like you all to note that this is my first ever thread that I get to host, so take it easy on me I guess. Anyways let me give you some backstory, I first started to really understand competitive in the first months of the Sun Moon Metagame, I started around after the M-Metagross ban, building my own teams, I mostly used Bulky Offense back then, and I still use that playstyle the most, I think it just suits me more than Balance or Hyper Offense would. Anyways I'm not going to say I'm fantastic at competitive, only really decent, but I'm knowledgeable of the meta for the most part, so I understand how to utilize both offensive and defensive cores, so I thought I'd be able to tackle this project pretty well.

I'll archive the threats for last week in a bit, might take a few hours because of my schedule but I'll get to it, so nobody needs to remind me, anyways...

This is the offensive core I'll present you with, you guys have 7 days to get your submissions in, afterwards I'll be checking the thread and archiving the viable mons, and giving my thoughts on them.

Week 12 Core: Ash-Greninja + M-Latios

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes

Latios-Mega @ Latiosite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Earthquake
- Recover

Ash-Gren is a fantastic offensive mon, being able to stack Spikes, then be able to spam its specs-boosted attacks, ripping holes into defensive cores. It does have a few shortcomings however, so I chose to pair it with HP Fire M-Latios, which is able to soft check Shuca Tapu Koko and switch into fat grasses such as AV Tapu Bulu and Tangrowth that are able to deal with Ash-Gren, while also being able to lure Steel-types like Magearna and Ferro with EQ and HP Fire respectively. Additionally, M-Latios can fish for the 2HKO roll against Clef with Psychic, allowing Ash-Gren to spam Dark Pulse, and also be able to deal with Pex reliably, allowing Gren to spam Hydro Pump. Overall a very solid offensive core, and this week you are tasked to break it. Good luck!

Try to post only OU viable Pokémon and don't post sets specifically for this core, additionally your threat should not be complete deadweight against teams that do not feature Ash-Gren + M-Latios. Everyone have a good day!

Last edited:
Reserving AV Megahorn Bulu

Tapu Bulu

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Atk / 60 SpD / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Megahorn

Tapu Bulu comes in for free on both of these Pokemon and OHKO or 2HKOs both with either Megahorn for M-Lati or Horn Leech for AshGren, while neither mon can so much as dent Bulu.

252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja-Ash Hydro Pump vs. 240 HP / 60 SpD Assault Vest Tapu Bulu: 99-117 (29 - 34.3%) -- 99.8% chance to 4HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery
56+ Atk Tapu Bulu Horn Leech vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Greninja-Ash in Grassy Terrain: 482-570 (169.1 - 200%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Latios-Mega Psychic vs. 240 HP / 60 SpD Assault Vest Tapu Bulu: 112-133 (32.8 - 39%) -- 9.3% chance to 3HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery
56+ Atk Tapu Bulu Megahorn vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latios-Mega: 248-294 (82.3 - 97.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad this thread continues! Best of luck, Felixx :swole:

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power Fire
- Nature Madness / Aromatherapy

This is fairly simple: click Moonblast. It outspeed both, negates priority in Water Shuriken, OHKOes frog and have a 87.5% of OHKO M-Latios, guaranteed after rocks. A good shit about Lele, is the fact it can switch into M-Latios and pre-battle Bond frog in a pinch, as EQ from Lati is a 3HKO, and pre-battle Bond frog's HP is 2HKO, Even with rocks. Cool offensive check.

252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja-Ash Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Tapu Lele: 204-240 (72.5 - 85.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

4 Atk Latios-Mega Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Lele: 115-136 (40.9 - 48.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 SpA Tapu Lele Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Greninja-Ash: 410-486 (143.8 - 170.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Tapu Lele Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Latios-Mega: 296-350 (98.3 - 116.2%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

Last edited:
Chansey.
4B422208-FBEF-4158-9640-5C9884C1713B.gif

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
Chansey walls both of these mons to hell and back and simply Toxic stalks them.

Last edited:

Greninja @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
EVs: 168 Atk / 88 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Ice Beam
- Spikes/Gunk Shot

Any scarf Greninja set works because all you need to do is click U-turn. While you cant OHKO either from full HP, you can also switch in on M-Latios predicting either Psychic or HP-Fire.

Offensive:
168 Atk Protean Greninja U-turn vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Greninja-Ash: 236-282 (82.8 - 98.9%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
168 Atk Protean Greninja U-turn vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latios-Mega: 170-204 (56.4 - 67.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
88 SpA Protean Greninja Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Latios-Mega: 206-246 (68.4 - 81.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Defensive:
252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja-Ash Water Shuriken (20 BP) (3 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Greninja: 123-144 (43.1 - 50.5%) -- approx. 0.4% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Latios-Mega Hidden Power Fire vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Greninja: 56-66 (19.6 - 23.1%) -- possible 5HKO

Last edited:
Reserving Power up Punch Mega Lopunny

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Power-Up Punch
- Encore / Fake Out

Mega Lopunny, as we all know, is a really fast bunny, and that really comes into play here. Thanks to being faster than both members of the core, Mega Lopunny can abuse Fake Out + Power-Up Punch to defeat Ash-Greninja really quickly, surviving a Water-Shuriken if it has to while also procuring a +1 attack boost. From there. it can ohko Mega Latios from full with Return.

If you opt to run Encore over Fake Out, Lopunny always will OHKO Ash-Greninja with High Jump Kick, with Return also doing a boatload. With Encore, you can even force Mega Latios into roosting for eternity, while Return is a 2HKO.
252 Atk Lopunny-Mega Fake Out vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Greninja-Ash: 93-111 (32.6 - 38.9%) -- 99.1% chance to 3HKO
252 Atk Lopunny-Mega Power-Up Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Greninja-Ash: 186-222 (65.2 - 77.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252 Atk Lopunny-Mega Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latios-Mega: 258-304 (85.7 - 100.9%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Last edited:

Gastrodon-East @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Gastrodon can wall Mega Latios with relative ease, though it has to watch out for Spikes, if you just consistently Defog to keep Spikes off the field, it should be relatively easy to beat this core. Mega Latios is very easy to wear down with Toxic. Battle Bond Greninja should have no chance to transform with Gastrodon around as it completely walls it, making it way less threatening.

252 SpA Latios-Mega Psychic vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Gastrodon: 141-166 (33.1 - 39%) -- 73.1% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja Dark Pulse vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Gastrodon: 136-162 (32 - 38.1%) -- 39% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Only Gastrodon-east is viable.

Tapu Fini @

Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 16 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Nature's Madness
- Taunt
- Defog

Both members are weak to Moonblast and can't really do much to Fini. As a bonus, Fini can easily defog any Spikes Gren may have laid or any other Hazards.

Defensive Calcs
252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 16+ SpD Tapu Fini: 81-96 (23.6 - 27.9%) -- 90.5% chance to 4HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja Dark Pulse vs. 248 HP / 16+ SpD Tapu Fini: 60-71 (17.4 - 20.6%) -- possible 5HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja-Ash Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 16+ SpD Tapu Fini: 108-128 (31.4 - 37.3%) -- 85.7% chance to 3HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja-Ash Dark Pulse vs. 248 HP / 16+ SpD Tapu Fini: 79-93 (23 - 27.1%) -- 57.9% chance to 4HKO

252 SpA Latios-Mega Psychic vs. 248 HP / 16+ SpD Tapu Fini: 123-145 (35.8 - 42.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
4 Atk Latios-Mega Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 176 Def Tapu Fini: 69-82 (20.1 - 23.9%) -- guaranteed 5HKO
252 SpA Latios-Mega Hidden Power Fire vs. 248 HP / 16+ SpD Tapu Fini: 27-32 (7.8 - 9.3%) -- possibly the worst move ever

Offensive Calcs
0 SpA Tapu Fini Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Greninja: 260-308 (91.2 - 108%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

0 SpA Tapu Fini Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Latios-Mega: 186-222 (61.7 - 73.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

The spread is one I made myself - it hits 223 Speed which creeps a number of things, the main one being the most popular Defensive Lando-T spread. 16 SpDef + a Calm Nature gives an extra stat point and the rest is thrown into bulk because I hate how easy it is to wear down the usual Fini spread. Leftovers can be used instead of a pinch berry but I love the chunk of recovery they give you if you manage to get in range of them, which you usually can thanks to its great defensive stats.

Last edited:

Felixx

I'm back.
Update: Finally found the time to get the archives done. I've decided to add the viable threats that were reserved but weren't actually written up, let's try and avoid this in the future, so make sure to submit your sets in time! And I'll be expecting a meme of the week from one of you so don't fail me guys.

Ninjask @ Buginium Z
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Leech Life
- Swords Dance
- Protect
- Aerial Ace

Gotta go fast. Basically all that Ninjask does and ever will do. But its a speedy boi and a bug type, so that's all it needs to slap up this core. Leech-Life and Buginium are required to OHKO Latios-Mega and Ash-Greninja, Aerial Ace is for STAB, Swords Dance to be a sharp speedy boi, and Protect so you can miss people with that Water Shuriken. Name of the game is just to go fast and get the kill, and then no one can stop you until you inevitably jump into the 3D scene and become progressively more and more worse, culminating in a game that is not only a terrible glitchy mess, but a mess that has bestiality, but then try to make up for it with some good games until you undo all of it in another glitchy mess, but without bestiality, and then make it up with a superb game, to then have a mediocre game come next and lose nearly all of your fanbase except the Devianartists

Sorry went on a tangent there, either way Ninjask is the best counter to this core by far.

Last edited:
Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 224 SpD / 36 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Iron Head
- Hidden Power Fire
- Volt Switch

AV Magearna tanks hits from both Ash-Greninja and Mega Latios well and OHKOs back with Fleur Cannon. The main things you have to watch out for are Earthquake, which 2HKOs after SR and thus prevents Magearna from switching in freely on Mega Latios, and Specs Hydro Pump from Ash-Greninja (not from regular Greninja, though). That's about it. Just remember that if Magearna gets worn down too much (switches with Spikes / into Hydro Pump several times) it can't effectively beat this core.

4 Atk Latios-Mega Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Magearna: 160-190 (44 - 52.3%) -- 17.6% chance to 2HKO

252 SpA Latios-Mega Hidden Power Fire vs. 248 HP / 224+ SpD Assault Vest Magearna: 68-82 (18.7 - 22.5%) -- possible 5HKO

252 SpA Latios-Mega Psychic vs. 248 HP / 224+ SpD Assault Vest Magearna: 38-45 (10.4 - 12.3%) -- possible 9HKO

0 SpA Magearna Fleur Cannon vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Latios-Mega: 336-396 (111.6 - 131.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 224+ SpD Assault Vest Magearna: 102-121 (28 - 33.3%) -- 0% chance to 3HKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja-Ash Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 224+ SpD Assault Vest Magearna: 135-160 (37.1 - 44%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

0 SpA Magearna Fleur Cannon vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Greninja-Ash: 464-548 (162.8 - 192.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 224 SpD / 36 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Iron Head
- Hidden Power Fire
- Volt Switch

AV Magearna tanks hits from both Ash-Greninja and Mega Latios well and OHKOs back with Fleur Cannon. The main things you have to watch out for are Earthquake, which 2HKOs after SR and thus prevents Magearna from switching in freely on Mega Latios, and Specs Hydro Pump from Ash-Greninja (not from regular Greninja, though). That's about it. Just remember that if Magearna gets worn down too much (switches with Spikes / into Hydro Pump several times) it can't effectively beat this core.

4 Atk Latios-Mega Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Magearna: 160-190 (44 - 52.3%) -- 17.6% chance to 2HKO

252 SpA Latios-Mega Hidden Power Fire vs. 248 HP / 224+ SpD Assault Vest Magearna: 68-82 (18.7 - 22.5%) -- possible 5HKO

252 SpA Latios-Mega Psychic vs. 248 HP / 224+ SpD Assault Vest Magearna: 38-45 (10.4 - 12.3%) -- possible 9HKO

0 SpA Magearna Fleur Cannon vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Latios-Mega: 336-396 (111.6 - 131.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 224+ SpD Assault Vest Magearna: 102-121 (28 - 33.3%) -- 0% chance to 3HKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja-Ash Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 224+ SpD Assault Vest Magearna: 135-160 (37.1 - 44%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

0 SpA Magearna Fleur Cannon vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Greninja-Ash: 464-548 (162.8 - 192.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
uh... the whole reason you run M-Latios is to break AV Mage, Tyranitar, and Heatran

uh... the whole reason you run M-Latios is to break AV Mage, Tyranitar, and Heatran
But Mega Latios doesn't beat Magearna unless Magearna switches in to Earthquake, and Magearna wrecks Greninja. Even if the set runs EQ to beat Magearna, it doesn't do a great job of it. So I still think Magearna is a good answer to this core.

But Mega Latios doesn't beat Magearna unless Magearna switches in to Earthquake, and Magearna wrecks Greninja. Even if the set runs EQ to beat Magearna, it doesn't do a great job of it. So I still think Magearna is a good answer to this core.
I'd still say Magearna does a poor job at checking this core. U get hit by Earthquake once, and the next time u try to switch Magearna in on Greninja, and if rocks are up, it gets obliterated by Hydro Pump. That also goes for Mega Latios who can freely choose any move and Earthquake once Magearna is in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)