Monotype Thundurus-T (Flying) [QC 3/3] [GP 2/2]

If you've finished implementing Vid's check, Leader Wallace can you write this up
I've implemented the changes, sorry it took so long. On the usage tips, I did change from Pokemon to types, because I felt that Pokemon were to hard to classify under a play style, but types were easier to classify, like fighting being primarily a hyperoffense playstyle.

Havens

WGI World Champion
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
You’ve implemented the changes sure, but now you have to “write it up.” In other terms, remove all the bullet points and put all of your information together in paragraph form. If you need assistance with doing so, please refer to any of our current analyses awaiting GP, such as this. I’ll be more than willing to give you your last check when you’ve done so. :psyglad:

You’ve implemented the changes sure, but now you have to “write it up.” In other terms, remove all the bullet points and put all of your information together in paragraph form. If you need assistance with doing so, please refer to any of our current analyses awaiting GP, such as this. I’ll be more than willing to give you your last check when you’ve done so. :psyglad:
Thanks. Sorry this taking a whil, my first deadlines are due this week I’m quite busy as a result.

Havens

WGI World Champion
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Ok Leader Wallace, so... from reading and checking the entire analysis, it's clear to me that this isn't ready for GP. Aside from the small bits of irrelevant or outdated information (most likely from waiting for checks to come), there are some pieces of information that you haven't implemented from Misaka's or Vid's checks as well. I'm going to list the ones that were left out (that I spotted) from those checks specifically, here:

Set Details:
-Mention what the SpA EVs do.

Usage Tips:
-"...threats that could take +2 Thunderbolt and Focus Blast, such as Mega Garedvoir..." I kind of don't want to mention Mega Gardevoir for the fact that if it has taken little damage (from things such as Stealth Rock even once) +2 Thunderbolt just KOes it. (different example plz)

Overview:
-Specify the Charizard form since it won't be useful vs. Mega Charizard X (leaving it "Mega Charizard" does not work)

Moves:
-"Electrium Z upgrades Thunderbolt to Gigavolt Havoc, which at +2, can OHKO threats that Thunderbolt cannot." Such as?
-[Focus Blast] is not just for Rock-types; it's also used for bulky Steel-types such as SpDef Heatran and Ferrothorn (though it needs a Nasty Plot boost first).

Set Details:
-The mention of its BoltBeam combination is fluff. Remove it.

Usage Tips:
-"Try to keep Stealth Rock off the field, as this quickly wears Thundurus-T down." Explain why it's important; it needs to be rather healthy in order to set up and effectively deal damage.

Team Options:
-Move Landorus-I more towards the bottom (imo, perhaps the last bullet)
-Choice Scarf Landorus-T should have more focus than the defensive set. Being able to threaten and revenge kill Mega Diancie and Tapu Koko for Flying teams is huge.
-"Dragonite can even help clean up a weakened team thanks to Extreme Speed." Remove this, since this isn't a Dragonite analysis and doesn't mean too much for Thundurus-T.

We also implore you to fix your formatting everywhere. There's far too many sentences where punctuation and other spacing is incorrect and the setup of the analysis is rather messy; use the Spelling and Grammar Standards for reference, as well as the Analysis Template. In addition, there's also a number of ambiguous parts to this analysis that need a bit of clarification; most of which can be solved by adding or removing a single word.
I apologize in advance for making you do all this work, but please understand that having the information presented in a clear way would make checking and understanding this analysis much easier.

Ok Leader Wallace, so... from reading and checking the entire analysis, it's clear to me that this isn't ready for GP. Aside from the small bits of irrelevant or outdated information (most likely from waiting for checks to come), there are some pieces of information that you haven't implemented from Misaka's or Vid's checks as well. I'm going to list the ones that were left out (that I spotted) from those checks specifically, here:

Set Details:
-Mention what the SpA EVs do.

Usage Tips:
-"...threats that could take +2 Thunderbolt and Focus Blast, such as Mega Garedvoir..." I kind of don't want to mention Mega Gardevoir for the fact that if it has taken little damage (from things such as Stealth Rock even once) +2 Thunderbolt just KOes it. (different example plz)

Overview:
-Specify the Charizard form since it won't be useful vs. Mega Charizard X (leaving it "Mega Charizard" does not work)

Moves:
-"Electrium Z upgrades Thunderbolt to Gigavolt Havoc, which at +2, can OHKO threats that Thunderbolt cannot." Such as?
-[Focus Blast] is not just for Rock-types; it's also used for bulky Steel-types such as SpDef Heatran and Ferrothorn (though it needs a Nasty Plot boost first).

Set Details:
-The mention of its BoltBeam combination is fluff. Remove it.

Usage Tips:
-"Try to keep Stealth Rock off the field, as this quickly wears Thundurus-T down." Explain why it's important; it needs to be rather healthy in order to set up and effectively deal damage.

Team Options:
-Move Landorus-I more towards the bottom (imo, perhaps the last bullet)
-Choice Scarf Landorus-T should have more focus than the defensive set. Being able to threaten and revenge kill Mega Diancie and Tapu Koko for Flying teams is huge.
-"Dragonite can even help clean up a weakened team thanks to Extreme Speed." Remove this, since this isn't a Dragonite analysis and doesn't mean too much for Thundurus-T.

We also implore you to fix your formatting everywhere. There's far too many sentences where punctuation and other spacing is incorrect and the setup of the analysis is rather messy; use the Spelling and Grammar Standards for reference, as well as the Analysis Template. In addition, there's also a number of ambiguous parts to this analysis that need a bit of clarification; most of which can be solved by adding or removing a single word.
I apologize in advance for making you do all this work, but please understand that having the information presented in a clear way would make checking and understanding this analysis much easier.
Leader Wallace what's the progress on this?
Sorry this took a long time, I've addressed Havens suggestions and also added some of the grammar changes, but there might be more.

Havens

WGI World Champion
[OVERVIEW]

Thundurus-T is a powerful set up sweeper for Flying which is blessed by a great move pool and typing. It has a very high Special Attack Stat and a unique Speed Tier, allowing it to outspend outspeed the likes of Volcarona, Zapdos, and Mega Charizard Y. Volt Absorb is a unique quirk of Thundurus-T, allowing it to switch on predicted Electric-type attacks, a trait appreciated by most Flying-types. Despite Volt Absorb, Thundurus-T's bulk is average for an offensive Pokemon, and it only magnifies a weakness to Rock and Ice-type moves. Its lack of a secondary STAB Option good Flying-type STAB move means it relies on boosted coverage moves to KO damage Electric-Resistent threats. While it does have enough Speed to out speed the aforementioned threats (what does this mean?), it falls short of the likes Garchomp, Blacephalon, Nihilego, and Terrakion, all of which can revenge kill Thundurus-T easily if it lacks an Agility boost.

[SET]
name: Double Dance Sweeper
move 1: Nasty Plot
move 2: Agility
move 3: Thunderbolt
move 4: Hidden Power Ice / Focus Blast
item: Electrium Z /Fightium Z Fightinium Z
ability: Volt Absorb
nature: Timid
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Spd SpD / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Nasty Plot boosts Thundurus-T's special attack to scary levels, allowing it to wall break cores (give examples). Agility creates a Double Dance, allowing Thundurus-T to fare much better against hyper offense teams, who offensive threats that could normally revenge kill Thundurus-T easily, such as Mega Lopunny, Terrakion and Blacephalon. (You can't say that Thundurus-T fares better vs. HO teams then proceed to list single foes that it threatens.) Thunderbolt is the main STAB option, allowing Thundurus-T to hit very hard after a Nasty Plot boost. Electrium Z upgrades Thunderbolt to Gigavolt Havoc, which at +2, can OHKO threats that Thunderbolt cannot (give examples). Hidden Power Ice creates BoltBeam, which provides Thundurus-T almost perfect Coverage against Dragon, Grass, and Ground-types, all types which resist Thunderbolt. On the other hand, Focus Blast combined with Fightium Z Fightinium Z allows Thundurus-T to break through Rock-types like Tyranitar much easier, while also being able break through Chansey and Lanturn.

Set Details
========
Max speed and a Timid nature allows Thundurus-T to take full advantage of its speed tier. Electrium Z upgrades Thunderbolt into Gigavolt Havoc providing Thundurus-T a nuke to blow past threats that could otherwise take a +2 Thunderbolt and KO Thundurus back, such as Specially Defensive Heatran (give a different example, SpDef Heatran doesn't KO Thundurus-T in return.). Fightium Z Fightinium Z is used to unleash All-Out Pummeling, which is great for breaking through Specially Defensive Pokemon such Lanturn and Chansey, both of which who don't mind Thundurus-T's other moves.

Usage Tips
========
Thundurus-T is best used as a late-game sweeper. Thundurus-T should set up on passive Pokemon or Pokemon it can force out like Toxapex and Scizor. Don't set up when there is a threat that Gigavolt Havoc or All-Out Pummeling cannot KO, or there's revenge killer in the back.
Its very important for deciding when to use Gigavolt Havoc or All-Out Pummeling, as it's nesscary necessary to blow past threats that could take +2 Thunderbolt and Focus Blast, such as Nihilego and Chansey. However, against certain matches, Gigavolt Havoc or All-Out Pummeling may not be as important, so its viable using it early game. If running All-Out Pummeling, wait for your opponent to switch in their answer to Thundurus-T, such as Chansey. One Nasty Plot boost is usually sufficient enough break through to the point that they'll be KOED by the next Attack. Setting up multiple Nasty Plot boosts may be tempting, but it is usually not required and setting up multiple Nasty Plot boosts leaves Thundurus-T open to status and chip damage, leaving Thundurus-T prone priority and choice scarf users. Try to keep Stealth Rock off the field, as this quickly wears Thundurus-T down and makes it very difficult to set up thanks to average bulk. Volt Absorb allows Thundurus-T to switch in to predicted Electric type attacks. (not a usage tip) Be careful about switching into choice-locked Electric types with secondary STAB options like Tapu Koko and Alolan Raichu Zeraora, who have options to severely damage Thundurus-T with Dazzling Gleam and Psychic respectively as they might predict Thundurus-T to switch in to take their Electric attacks, and can utilize a different option. Keep in mind that you will rarely have the opportunity to set up both. Agility should be set up against hyperoffense types such as Fighting while Nasty Plot against more balanced archetypes such as as Normal (why is it important that Agility should be set up against HO teams and Nasty Plot vs. bulkier teams? Mention the difference). Early game, bluffing a Choice Scarf can provide more set opportunities against more offensive teams, which can be huge to create set up opportunities. Unless required, do not reveal Nasty Plot. Avoid Toxic, as being badly poisoned puts Thundurus-T timer which makes it more difficult to set up due to the increasing damage.

Team Options
========
Almost all Flying-types appreciate Thundurus-T's abillity ability to switch into predicted Electric-types attacks. Skarmory is a physical wall that can take most physical Rock and Ice-type moves and remove hazards with Defog. On the other hand, Mantine is a special wall that can switch in on most special attackers such as (give examples) and Ice-types such as Walrein (Ice teams in general are hardly relevant in the current meta, but many other Ice-types really threaten Mantine (i.e. Kyu-B, Freeze Dry Alolan Ninetales, etc.) so it's an odd example for me. Best to remove it for now.); with the added benefit of Defog to remove hazards as well. Celesteela is a another good Pokemon that can switch in on Rock-types and Ice-types, being one of the few reliable Nihilego and Mega Diancie switch ins for Flying. The ability to whittle threats with Leech Seed is very useful for a set-up sweeper for like Thundurus-T, as it allows it to play more conservatively with its Z-Move. Mega Aerodactyl helps Thundurus-T in the Hyperoffense matchup, and can even (don't know what this implies) by setting up Stealth Rock or and remove removing some of Thundurus-T's counters such as Alolan Marowak or Choice Scarf Victini at -1 with Pursuit. Choice Scarf Landorus-T can serve as a revenge killer since it can revenge kill Tapu Koko and Mega Diancie, two big threats for Flying Teams. Defensive Landorus-T assists in being a good physically defensive pivot that can easily switch in on Rock-types, set up Stealth Rocks, and Defog hazards. Dragonite is a strong physical wallbreaker that can severely weaken Specially Defensive walls that can stop Thundurus-T's sweep. Thundurus-T in return can smash through the likes of physical walls such as Skarmory. Mega Charizard Y is an incredible wallbreaker to assist Thundurus-T, as it can punch holes for Thundurus-T while also being able threaten Ice and Rock Types with Fire Blast and Solar Beam. Zapdos is a defensive wall that can assist Thundurus-T by removing Stealth Rock with Defog, or by checking Ferrothorn with Heat Wave, which is very important for the Electrium Z set, which is hopelessly walled by Ferrothorn. Landorus is also a good partner, being a secondary wall-breaker that can assist in denting hard answers like Alolan Marowak, Landorus-T, and Lanturn using Earth Power and Hidden Power Ice (Landorus doesn't use Hidden Power Ice). It can even use Knock Off to remove items from the like of Porygon2 and Chansey, both of which can give Thundurus-T trouble. The additional damage from that Landorus provides allows Thundurus-T to play more conservatively with its Z-Move.

Other Options
=============
*Choice Scarf is an option to serve as a revenge killer to KO threats like Mega Aerodactyl and Greninja (the prominence of Choice Scarf Greninja makes Thundurus-T's ability to revenge kill Greninja not as probable; choose a different example), but Thundurus-T's wallbreaking potential is much more valuable. Also mention that utilizing Choice Scarf means that Thundurus-T would most likely utilize Volt Switch for pivoting around.
*Grass Knot can also be used to KO threaten Ground-types such as Gastrodon and Seismitoad, but keep in mind it requires a Nasty Plot boost to KO them, so All-Out-Pummeling is usually better. Also mention that Grass Knot's weight based conditions makes its power inconsistent.

Also put the above into paragraph form

Checks and Counters
===================

**Mega Venusaur**: Thanks to Thick Fat and its Electric resistance, Mega Venusaur hard walls checks every Thundurus-T set, and can do heavy damage with Sludge Bomb or whittle it away with leech seed.

**Dragon-types**: Dragon-types such as Mega Latias and Dragalge (not relevant) can take a +2 HP Hidden Power Ice and retaliate back with STAB move. Calm Mind Mega Latias can set up at least one Calm Mind before doing huge damage next turn with a Stored Power.

**Fast Revenge Killers**: Due to Thundurus-T's bad bulk, it is easily sniped threatened by faster Pokemon, such as Mega Lopunny, Blacephalon, and Garchomp; all of which can revenge kill Thundurus-T with little prior damage.

**Coverage Resists and Immunites**: Alolan Marowak hard walls every Thundurus-T set, being immune to Thunderbolt and Focus Blast, and resisting HP Hidden Power Ice. Ground-types can wall Thundurus-T depending on which coverage move its forgoes. Excadrill walls it if it lacks Focus Blast, while Landorus-T, Landorus-I, and Gliscor wall it if it lacks Hidden Power Ice.

**Specially Defensive tanks**: If All-Out-Pummeling isn't run, Thundurus-T is hopelessly shut down by specially defensive tanks such as Porygon2, (Focus Blast still hurts) Chansey, and Lanturn, all of which can status it, set up hazards or chip away with their attacks. Special mention goes to Lanturn and Porygon2, since both can have Volt Absorb thanks to Porygon2's trace.

Stealth Rock: Stealth Rock quarters Thundurus-T's HP every time it switches in, which puts in the zone of revenge killing and priority attacks, as well as limiting set-up opportunities.

**Residual Damage**: here's where you'd mention how Thundurus-T's setup opportunities are limited by residual chip damage by various attacks, Stealth Rocks, Status, and more.

- Written by: [[<username1>, <userid1>]]
- Flying analysis by: [[<username1>, <userid1>]]
- Quality checked by: [[<username1>, <userid1>], [<username2>, <userid2>], [<username3>, <userid3>]]
- Grammar checked by: [[<username1>, <userid1>], [<username2>, <username2>]]

Adding Credits template for reference.
Alright so...

After evaluating all the information here and really analyzing the content, there's way too many errors here that I just can't bring myself to push it through to GP, between the formatting of the analysis itself, ambiguity of a large chunk of the content, and incorrect uses of grammar or words that make what you're trying to imply about Thundurus-T quite misleading. Additionally, there's certain tidbits of information that is rather outdated and/or useless in comparison to what is being conveyed, partially because of the adaptations there have been to the metagame as this has been sitting in wait for 9 months. It's unfortunate, but this needs to be evaluated and fine tuned further.

QC 1/3 Rejected.

P.S. You use Thundurus and Thundurus-T interchangeably; it should be Thundurus-T throughout the analysis to differentiate between the form change.

Leader Wallace any progress on this, it's almost been a month?
There’s been a lot going on with my life the past weeks, so I haven’t been able to work on this. I don’t think it’s about to get to easier, so I don’t think I’ll be avalible to work on this soon. Could someone else finish this up?

Vid

Our life is what our thoughts make it
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
ok I've been working on this and I've fixed a good chunk of it up while trying to preserve the original writers voice so this is actually ready for last QC check now.

Havens

WGI World Champion
Moves:
-"Fightinium Z" over "Fightium Z" (second to last line)
-Could also mention how you can forego a stat boosting option (usually Agility) to give Thundy-T all three of it's common coverage moves

Set Details:
-Moreso a comment, but idk how effective SpDef Lanturn is as an example. I'd probably remove it in place of something like Gastrodon.

Other Options:
-When mentioning Choice Scarf, it may be worth mentioning that it runs an AoA set with Volt Switch for pivoting.

Checks and Counters:
-"**Mega Venusaur**: Thanks to Thick Fat and Electric resistance, Mega Venusaur hard walls Thundurus-T even with after a Nasty Plot." fix ambiguous wording
-Mention that it's Lightningrod Alolan Marowak which hard walls every Thundy-T set, Rock Head variants drop to Tbolt after rocks
-"**Specially-Defensive tanks**: If All-Out-Pummeling isn't run, Thundurus-T is hopelessly shut down by Porygon2, Chansey, and Lanturn, all of which can status it, set up hazards or chip away with their attacks. Special mention goes to Lanturn and Porygon2, since both can have Volt Absorb thanks to Porygon2's trace." The way this is currently worded implies that P2's Trace gives itself and Lanturn Volt Absorb, which is false.

I can see clearly now the fluff is gone lol. QC 3/3

Vid

Our life is what our thoughts make it
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Implemented the check going to send this to GP, but won't heavily edit it since again do not want to replace the writer's voice.

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
amcheck :blobthumbsup:
add remove (comments)
[OVERVIEW]

Flying
========

Thundurus-T is a powerful set up setup sweeper for Flying which is blessed by a great move pool movepool and typing. It has a very high Special Attack Stat stat and a unique Speed Tier tier, allowing it to outspeed the likes of Volcarona, Zapdos, and Mega Charizard Y. Volt Absorb is a unique quirk of Thundurus-T, allowing it to switch on predicted Electric-Type Electric-type attacks, a trait appreciated by most Flying-types. Despite Volt Absorb, Thundurus-T's bulk is decent for an offensive Pokemon, (AC) giving it ample opportunities to set up at with Nasty Plot or Agility against defensive Pokemon such as Celesteela and Ferrothorn. However, Thundurus-T is heavily reliant on its Z-Move move to KO threats such as Zapdos and Porygon2, (AC) limiting its sweeping potential. Its lack of a reliable secondary STAB Option option means it heavily relies on boosted coverage moves to KO Electric-resistant threats. While it does have enough Speed to out speed outspeed the aforementioned threats, it falls short of the likes Garchomp, Blacephalon, and Terrakion, all of which can revenge kill Thundurus-T easily if it lacks an Agility boost.

[SET]
name: Double Dance Sweeper (Flying)
item: Electrium Z / Fightinium Z
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Nasty Plot boosts Thundurus-T's special attack Special Attack to scary levels, allowing it to wall break wallbreak cores. It together with Agility creates a Double Dance, allowing allows Thundurus-T to fare much better against Pokemon on hyper offense teams, who which could normally revenge kill Thundurus-T easily, such as Mega Lopunny, Terrakion and Blacephalon. (add period) Thunderbolt is the main STAB option, allowing Thundurus-T to hit very hard after a boost. Electrium Z upgrades Thunderbolt to Gigavolt Havoc, which, (AC) at +2, can OHKO threats that Thunderbolt cannot such. (spacing) Hidden Power Ice with Thunderbolt creates BoltBeam, which provides Thundurus-T almost perfect Coverage coverage against Dragon-, Grass-, and Ground-types such as Garchomp, Breloom, and Gliscor. On the other hand, Focus Blast combined with Fightinium Z allows Thundurus-T to break through Rock-types like Tyranitar much easier, (RC) while also being able to break through Chansey and Gastrodon.

Set Details
========
Max speed Maximum Speed investment and a Timid nature allows Thundurus-T to take full advantage of its speed Speed tier, (AC) outspeeding threats such as Mega Charizard Y and Jirachi. (spacing) Maximum Special Attack EVs are used to ensure that Thundurus-T hits as hard as possible. Electrium Z upgrades Thunderbolt into Gigavolt Havoc, (AC) providing Thundurus-T a nuke powerful move to blow past threats that could otherwise take a +2 Thunderbolt and KO Thundurus-T back, such as Specially Defensive specially defensive Heatran. Fightinium Z is used to unleash All-Out Pummeling, which is great for breaking through Specially Defensive specially defensive Pokemon such Gastrodon and Chansey, both of which would wall Thundurus-T. Volt Absorb allows Thundurus-T to switch into predicted Electric-type attacks.

Usage Tips
========
Thundurus-T is best used as a late-game sweeper because of its decent bulk and high Speed and Special Attack. Thundurus-T should set up on passive Pokemon or Pokemon it can force out like Toxapex and Mega Scizor. Its It is very important for deciding to decide when to use Gigavolt Havoc or All-Out Pummeling, as its it is necessary to blow past threats that could take +2 Thunderbolt and Focus Blast, such as Nihilego and Chansey. However, against certain matches matchups, Gigavolt Havoc or All-Out Pummeling may not be as important, so its it is viable using it early-game (AH) to wallbreak. (spacing) If running All-Out Pummeling, use it to lure threats, (AC) namely Chansey. One Nasty Plot boost is usually sufficient enough break through to the point that they'll be KOed by the next Attack attack. Setting up multiple Nasty Plot boosts may be tempting, but it is usually not required, (AC) and setting up multiple Nasty Plot boosts it leaves Thundurus-T open to status and chip damage, leaving Thundurus-T it prone to Choice Scarf users such as Terrakion and Blacephalon. Although Thundurus-T has decent bulk, (AC) it is best to keep Stealth Rock off the field, (AC) as it needs to be at full health to effectively set up Nasty Plot and or Agility. Switch Thundurus-T on a predicted Volt Switch from the likes of Zapdos and Rotom-W to ensure that the opponent doesn't maintain momentum. Keep in mind that you Thundurus-T (you yourself don't set up, the pokemon does) will rarely have the opportunity to set up both Nasty Plot and Agility. Agility should be set up against offensive types such as Fighting, while Nasty Plot should be set up against more defensive archetypes such as as Normal. Early game do Do not reveal Nasty Plot or Agility early-game until it is absolutely necessary because it will allow Thundurus-T to bluff a Choice Scarf, (AC) giving it more opportunities to setup set up. (spacing) Avoid status, (AC) most notably Toxic, as being badly poisoned puts Thundurus-T on a timer, (AC) which makes it more difficult to successfully set up due to the increasing damage.

Team Options
========
All Flying-types appreciate Thundurus-T's ability to switch into predicted Electric-type attacks. Skarmory is a physical wall that can take most physical Rock- (AH) and Ice-type moves and remove hazards with Defog. On the other hand, Mantine is a special wall that can switch in on most special attackers and Ice-types such as Alolan Ninetales and Walrein;, (AC) with the added benefit of Defog to remove hazards as well. Celesteela is a another good Pokemon that can switch in on Rock-types and Ice-types, being one of the few reliable Nihilego and Mega Diancie switch-ins (AH) for Flying. The ability to whittle threats with Leech Seed is very useful for a set-up setup sweeper for like Thundurus-T, as it allows it to play more conservatively with its Z-Move. (feels weird mentioning a move without pokemon that can use it tbh) Mega Aerodactyl helps Thundurus-T against offensive types, (RC) and can even set up Stealth Rock or can even trap some of Thundurus-T's counters such as Alolan Marowak or and Choice Scarf Victini at -1 with Pursuit. (spacing) Choice Scarf Landorus-T can serve as a revenge killer, (AC) since it can revenge kill Tapu Koko and Mega Diancie, two big threats for Flying Teams teams. Dragonite is a strong physical wallbreaker that can severely weaken Specially Defensive specially defensive walls that can stop Thundurus-T's from sweeping such as Chansey. Thundurus-T in return can smash through the likes of physical walls such as Skarmory and Celesteela. Mega Charizard Y is an incredible wallbreaker to that can assist Thundurus-T, as it can punch holes for Thundurus-T while also being able threaten Ice- (AH) and Rock-types Types with Fire Blast and Solar Beam. Zapdos is a defensive wall that can assist Thundurus-T by removing Stealth Rock with Defog, (RC) or by checking Ferrothorn with Heat Wave, which walls the Electrium Z set otherwise is very important for the Electrium Z set, which is hopelessly walled by Ferrothorn (prevent awkward structure and lengthy sentence). Landorus is also a good partner, being a secondary wall-breaker wallbreaker that can assist in denting hard answers like Alolan Marowak and Tapu Bulu with Earth Power and Sludge Wave. It can even use Knock Off to remove items from the like of Porygon2 and Chansey, both of which can give Thundurus-T trouble.

Other Options
=============

Flying
--------
All-out-attacking attacking Choice Scarf Thundurus-T is an option to serve as a revenge killer to KO threats like Mega Aerodactyl and Greninja, but Thundurus-T is outclassed as a Choice Scarf user and pivot by Landorus-T, (AC) since Thundurus-T is unable to revenge kill Tapu Koko. Grass Knot can also be used to KO Swampert and Seismitoad, but outside of that, (AC) Focus Blast and Hidden Power Ice provide better coverage.

Checks and Counters
===================

Flying
--------
**Mega Venusaur**: Thanks to Thick Fat and Electric resistance, Mega Venusaur hard walls Thundurus-T even after a Nasty Plot.

**Dragon-tTypes (AH)**: Dragon-types such as Latias, Latios, and Dragalge can take a boosted hit and can retaliate back with their powerful Dragon-type attacks.

**Fast Revenge Killers**: Due to Thundurus-T's average bulk, it is easily sniped by faster Pokemon, (RC) such as Mega Lopunny, Blacephalon, and Garchomp;, (AC) all of which can revenge kill Thundurus-T with little prior damage.

**Coverage Resists Resistances and Immunites**: Lightningrod Rod Alolan Marowak hard walls every Thundurus-T set, being immune to Thunderbolt and Focus Blast, (RC) and resisting HP Hidden Power Ice. Ground-types (AH) can wall Thundurus-T depending on which coverage move its forgoes. Excadrill walls it if it lacks Focus Blast, while Landorus-T, Landorus-I, and Gliscor wall it if it lacks Hidden Power Ice.

**Specially-Defensive (RH) tanks Tanks**: If All-Out-Pummeling isn't run, Thundurus-T is hopelessly shut down by Porygon2, Chansey, and Gastrodon, all of which can inflict it with status it, set up hazards, (AC) or chip away with their attacks.

**Residual Damage**: Stealth Rock takes a quarter of Thundurus-T's HP health upon entering the field, (AC) while Poison poison gradually wears it down, (AC) limiting the amount of opportunities Thundurus-T has to successfully set up.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[<username1>, <userid1>]] (fill this out)
- Flying analysis by: [[<username1>, <userid1>]] (this too)
- Quality checked by: [[<username1>, <userid1>], [<username2>, <userid2>], [<username3>, <userid3>]] (and this)

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
Estronic: add remove (comments)
tdp: add / fix remove (comments); (AC=add comma; RC=remove comma; SC=semicolon)
GP 1/2
[OVERVIEW]

Flying
========

Thundurus-T is a powerful set up setup sweeper for Flying which is blessed by a great move pool movepool and typing. It has a Its very high Special Attack Stat stat and a unique Speed Tier tier, allowing allow it to outspeed the likes of Volcarona, Zapdos, and Mega Charizard Y. Volt Absorb is a unique quirk of Thundurus-T, allowing it to switch on predicted Electric-Type Electric-type attacks, a trait appreciated by most Flying-types. Despite Volt Absorb, Thundurus-T's bulk is decent for an offensive Pokemon, (AC) giving it ample opportunities to set up at with Nasty Plot or Agility against defensive Pokemon such as Celesteela and Ferrothorn. However, Thundurus-T is heavily reliant on its Z-Move move to KO threats such as Zapdos and Porygon2, (AC) limiting its sweeping potential. Its lack of a reliable secondary STAB Option option means it heavily relies on boosted coverage moves to KO Electric-resistant threats. While it does have enough Speed to out speed outspeed the aforementioned threats, it falls short of the likes Garchomp, Blacephalon, and Terrakion, all of which can revenge kill Thundurus-T easily if it lacks an Agility boost.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Nasty Plot boosts Thundurus-T's special attack Special Attack to scary levels, allowing it to wall break wallbreak cores. It Together with Agility, (AC) it creates a Double Dance, allowing allows (p sure this should be something like "Agility, on the other hand, allows", it's Agility specifically that should be used in the offense matchup, not both, if this is a standard double dance set. initial wording does imply both should be used though) Thundurus-T to fare much better against Pokemon on hyper offense teams, who which could normally revenge kill Thundurus-T easily, such as Mega Lopunny, Terrakion and Blacephalon. (add period) Thunderbolt is the main STAB option, allowing Thundurus-T to hit very hard after a boost. Electrium Z upgrades Thunderbolt to Gigavolt Havoc, which, (AC) at +2, can OHKO threats that Thunderbolt cannot such. (spacing) (include examples imo) Hidden Power Ice with Thunderbolt creates pseudo-BoltBeam coverage, which provides Thundurus-T almost perfect Coverage coverage against Dragon-, Grass-, and Ground-types such as Garchomp, Breloom, and Gliscor. On the other hand Alternatively, Focus Blast combined with Fightinium Z allows Thundurus-T to break through Rock-types like Tyranitar much easier more easily, (RC) while also being able enabling it to break through Chansey and Gastrodon.

Set Details
========
Max speed Maximum Speed investment and a Timid nature allows Thundurus-T to take full advantage of its speed Speed tier, (AC) outspeeding threats such as Mega Charizard Y and Jirachi. (spacing) Maximum Special Attack EVs are used to ensure that Thundurus-T hits as hard as possible. Electrium Z upgrades Thunderbolt into Gigavolt Havoc, (AC) providing Thundurus-T a nuke powerful move to blow past threats that could otherwise take a +2 Thunderbolt and KO Thundurus-T back, such as Specially Defensive specially defensive Heatran. Fightinium Z is used to unleash All-Out Pummeling, which is great for breaking through Specially Defensive specially defensive Pokemon such Gastrodon and Chansey, both of which would wall Thundurus-T. Volt Absorb allows Thundurus-T to switch into predicted Electric-type attacks.

Usage Tips
========
Thundurus-T is best used as a late-game sweeper because of its decent bulk and high Speed and Special Attack. Thundurus-T should set up on passive Pokemon or Pokemon it can force out like Toxapex and Mega Scizor. Its It is very important for deciding to decide when to use Gigavolt Havoc or All-Out Pummeling, as its it is necessary to blow past threats that could take +2 Thunderbolt and Focus Blast, such as Nihilego and Chansey. However, against certain matches matchups, Gigavolt Havoc or All-Out Pummeling may not be as important, so its it is viable using to use it early-game (AH) to wallbreak. (spacing) If running All-Out Pummeling, use it to lure and KO threats, (AC) namely Chansey. One Nasty Plot boost is usually sufficient enough break through to the point that they'll be KOed by the next Attack attack. Setting up multiple Nasty Plot boosts may be tempting, but it is usually not required, (AC) and setting up multiple Nasty Plot boosts it leaves Thundurus-T open to status and chip damage, leaving Thundurus-T it prone to Choice Scarf users such as Terrakion and Blacephalon. Although Thundurus-T has decent bulk, (AC) it is best to keep Stealth Rock off the field, (AC) as it needs to be at full health to effectively set up Nasty Plot and or Agility. Switch Thundurus-T on a predicted Volt Switch from the likes of Zapdos and Rotom-W to ensure that the opponent doesn't maintain momentum. Keep in mind that you Thundurus-T (you yourself don't set up, the pokemon does) (same situation as "the emperor built a palace" tbh, i don't mind it) will rarely have the opportunity to set up both Nasty Plot and Agility. Agility should be set up against offensive types such as Fighting, while Nasty Plot should be set up against more defensive archetypes such as as Normal. Early game do Do not reveal Nasty Plot or Agility early-game until it is absolutely necessary because it will allow Thundurus-T to bluff a Choice Scarf, (AC) giving it more opportunities to setup set up. (spacing) Avoid status, (AC) most notably Toxic, as being badly poisoned puts Thundurus-T on a timer, (AC) which makes it more difficult to successfully set up due to the increasing damage.

Team Options
========
All Flying-types appreciate Thundurus-T's ability to switch into predicted Electric-type attacks. Skarmory is a physical wall that can take most physical Rock- (AH) and Ice-type moves and remove entry hazards with Defog. On the other hand, Mantine is a special wall that can switch in on most special attackers and Ice-types such as Alolan Ninetales and Walrein;, (AC) with the added benefit of Defog to remove hazards as well. Celesteela is a another good Pokemon that can switch in on Rock-types and Ice-types, being one of the few reliable Nihilego and Mega Diancie switch-ins (AH) for Flying. The Its ability to whittle down threats with Leech Seed is very useful for a set-up setup sweeper for like Thundurus-T, as it allows it to play more conservatively with its Z-Move. (feels weird mentioning a move without pokemon that can use it tbh) (taken care of) Mega Aerodactyl helps Thundurus-T against offensive types, (RC) and can even set up Stealth Rock or can even Pursuit trap some of Thundurus-T's counters such as Alolan Marowak or and Choice Scarf Victini at -1 with Pursuit after it has used V-create. (spacing) Choice Scarf Landorus-T can serve as a revenge killer, (AC) since it can revenge kill Tapu Koko and Mega Diancie, two big threats for Flying Teams teams. Dragonite is a strong physical wallbreaker that can severely weaken Specially Defensive specially defensive walls that can stop Thundurus-T's from sweeping such as Chansey. Thundurus-T in return can smash through the likes of physical walls such as Skarmory and Celesteela. Mega Charizard Y is an incredible wallbreaker to that can assist Thundurus-T, as it can punch holes for Thundurus-T while also being able threaten Ice- (AH) and Rock-types Types with Fire Blast and Solar Beam. Zapdos is a defensive wall that can assist Thundurus-T by removing Stealth Rock with Defog, (RC) or by checking Ferrothorn with Heat Wave, which walls the Electrium Z set otherwise is very important for the Electrium Z set, which is hopelessly walled by Ferrothorn (prevent awkward structure and lengthy sentence). Landorus is also a good partner, being a secondary wall-breaker wallbreaker that can assist in denting hard answers like Alolan Marowak and Tapu Bulu with Earth Power and Sludge Wave. It can even use Knock Off to remove items from the like of Porygon2 and Chansey, both of which can give Thundurus-T trouble.

Other Options
=============

Flying
--------
All-out-attacking attacking Choice Scarf Thundurus-T is an option to serve as a revenge killer to KO threats like Mega Aerodactyl and Greninja, but Thundurus-T is outclassed as a Choice Scarf user and pivot by Landorus-T, (AC) since Thundurus-T is unable to revenge kill Tapu Koko. Grass Knot can also be used to KO Swampert and Seismitoad, but outside of that, (AC) Focus Blast and Hidden Power Ice provide better coverage.

Checks and Counters
===================

Flying
--------
**Mega Venusaur**: Thanks to Thick Fat and Electric resistance, Mega Venusaur hard walls Thundurus-T even after a Nasty Plot.

**Dragon-tTypes (AH)**: Dragon-types such as Latias, Latios, and Dragalge can take a boosted hit and can retaliate back (redundancy error) with their powerful Dragon-type attacks.

**Fast Revenge Killers**: Due to Thundurus-T's average bulk, it is easily sniped by faster Pokemon, (RC) such as Mega Lopunny, Blacephalon, and Garchomp;, (AC) all of which can revenge kill Thundurus-T with little prior damage.

**Coverage Resists Resistances and Immunites**: ("Pokemon that Resist or Are Immune To Thundurus-T's Coverage" is the only way to make this GP correct, honestly as this point just make it "Defensive Typing Advantage" or something imo) Lightningrod Rod Alolan Marowak hard walls every Thundurus-T set, being immune to Thunderbolt and Focus Blast, (RC) and resisting HP Hidden Power Ice. Ground-types (AH) can wall Thundurus-T depending on which coverage move its forgoes. Excadrill walls it if it lacks Focus Blast, while Landorus-T, Landorus-I, and Gliscor wall it if it lacks Hidden Power Ice.

**Specially-Defensive (RH) tanks Tanks**: If All-Out Pummeling (RH) isn't run, Thundurus-T is hopelessly shut down by Porygon2, Chansey, and Gastrodon, all of which can inflict it with status it, set up entry hazards, (AC) or chip away with their attacks.

**Residual Damage**: Stealth Rock takes a quarter of Thundurus-T's HP health upon entering the field, (AC) while Poison poison gradually wears it down, (AC) limiting the amount number of opportunities Thundurus-T has to successfully set up.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[<username1>, <userid1>]] (fill this out)
- Flying analysis by: [[<username1>, <userid1>]] (this too)
- Quality checked by: [[<username1>, <userid1>], [<username2>, <userid2>], [<username3>, <userid3>]] (and this)

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
GP 2/2
add remove comments

[OVERVIEW]

Flying
========

Thundurus-T is a powerful setup sweeper for Flying blessed by a great movepool and typing. Its very high Special Attack stat and a nearly unique Speed tier (Landorus-I has 101 Speed too) allow it to outspeed the likes of Volcarona, Zapdos, and Mega Charizard Y. Volt Absorb is a unique quirk of Thundurus-T, allowing allows it to switch on predicted Electric-type attacks, a trait appreciated by most Flying-types. (remove extra space) Thundurus-T's bulk is decent for an offensive Pokemon, giving it ample opportunities to set up with Nasty Plot or Agility against defensive Pokemon such as Celesteela and Ferrothorn. However, Thundurus-T is heavily reliant on its Z-Move to KO threats such as Zapdos and Porygon2, limiting its sweeping potential. Its lack of a reliable secondary STAB option means it heavily relies on boosted coverage moves to KO Electric-resistant threats. While it does have enough Speed to outspeed the aforementioned many threats, it falls short of the likes Garchomp, Blacephalon, and Terrakion, all of which can revenge kill Thundurus-T easily if it lacks an Agility boost.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Nasty Plot boosts Thundurus-T's Special Attack to scary levels, allowing it to break many cores. Together with Agility, it allows Thundurus-T to fare much better against Pokemon on hyper offense teams, which could normally revenge kill Thundurus-T easily, such as Mega Lopunny, Terrakion, (AC) and Blacephalon. Thunderbolt is the main STAB option, allowing Thundurus-T to hit very hard after a boost. Electrium Z upgrades Thunderbolt to Gigavolt Havoc, which, at +2, can OHKO threats that Thunderbolt cannot. (remove extra space) Hidden Power Ice with Thunderbolt creates pseudo-BoltBeam coverage with Thunderbolt, which provides Thundurus-T almost perfect coverage against Dragon-, Grass-, and Ground-types such as Garchomp, Breloom, and Gliscor. Alternatively, Focus Blast combined with Fightinium Z allows Thundurus-T to break through Rock-types like Tyranitar much more easily while also enabling it to break through Chansey and Gastrodon.

Set Details
========
Maximum Speed investment and a Timid nature allow Thundurus-T to take full advantage of its Speed tier, outspeeding threats such as Mega Charizard Y and Jirachi. Maximum Special Attack EVs are used to ensure that Thundurus-T hits as hard as possible. Electrium Z upgrades Thunderbolt into Gigavolt Havoc, providing Thundurus-T a powerful move to blow past threats that could otherwise take a +2 Thunderbolt and KO Thundurus-T back, such as specially defensive Heatran. Fightinium Z is used to unleash All-Out Pummeling, which is great for breaking through specially defensive Pokemon such Gastrodon and Chansey, both of which would otherwise wall Thundurus-T. Volt Absorb allows Thundurus-T to switch into predicted Electric-type attacks.

Usage Tips
========
Thundurus-T is best used as a late-game sweeper because of its decent bulk and high Speed and Special Attack. Thundurus-T should set up on passive Pokemon or Pokemon ones it can force out like Toxapex and Mega Scizor. It is very important to decide when to use Gigavolt Havoc or All-Out Pummeling, as it is necessary to blow past threats that could take +2 Thunderbolt and or Focus Blast, such as Nihilego and Chansey. However, against certain matchups, Gigavolt Havoc or All-Out Pummeling may not be as important, so it is viable to you can use it early-game to wallbreak. If running All-Out Pummeling, use it to lure and KO threats, namely especially Chansey. One Nasty Plot boost is usually sufficient enough break through to reach the point that they'll foes will be KOed by the next attack. Setting up multiple Nasty Plot boosts may be tempting, but it is usually not required, and it leaves Thundurus-T open to status and chip damage, leaving it prone to Choice Scarf users such as Terrakion and Blacephalon. Although Thundurus-T has decent bulk, it is best to keep Stealth Rock off the field, as it needs to be at full health to effectively set up Nasty Plot and or Agility. Switch Thundurus-T in on a predicted Volt Switch from the likes of Zapdos and Rotom-W to ensure that the opponent doesn't maintain momentum. Keep in mind that Thundurus-T will rarely have the opportunity to set up both Nasty Plot and Agility. Agility should be set up against offensive types such as Fighting, while Nasty Plot should be set up against more defensive archetypes such as as Normal. Do not reveal Nasty Plot or Agility early-game until it is absolutely necessary because it will may allow Thundurus-T to bluff a Choice Scarf, giving it more opportunities to set up. Avoid status, most notably Toxic, as being badly poisoned puts Thundurus-T on a timer, which makes it more difficult to successfully set up due to the increasing damage.

Team Options
========
All Flying-types appreciate Thundurus-T's ability to switch into predicted Electric-type attacks. Skarmory is a physical wall that can take most physical Rock- and Ice-type moves and remove entry hazards with Defog. On the other hand, Mantine is a special wall that can switch in on most special attackers and Ice-types such as Alolan Ninetales and Walrein, with the added benefit of Defog to remove hazards as well. Celesteela is another good Pokemon that can switch in on Rock-types and Ice-types, being one of the few reliable Nihilego and Mega Diancie switch-ins for Flying. Its ability to whittle down threats with Leech Seed is very useful for a setup sweeper like Thundurus-T, as it allows it Thundurus-T to play more conservatively with its Z-Move. (remove extra space) Mega Aerodactyl helps Thundurus-T against offensive types and can even set up Stealth Rock or Pursuit trap some of Thundurus-T's counters such as Alolan Marowak and Choice Scarf Victini after it has used V-create. Choice Scarf Landorus-T can serve as a revenge killer, especially for since it can revenge kill Tapu Koko and Mega Diancie, two big threats for Flying teams. Dragonite is a strong physical wallbreaker that can severely weaken specially defensive walls like Chansey that can stop Thundurus-T's Thundurus-T from sweeping such as Chansey. Thundurus-T in return can smash through the likes of physical walls such as Skarmory and Celesteela. Mega Charizard Y is an incredible wallbreaker that can assist Thundurus-T, as it can punch holes for Thundurus-T while also notably being able threaten Ice- and Rock-types with Fire Blast and Solar Beam. Zapdos is a defensive wall that can assist Thundurus-T by removing Stealth Rock with Defog or checking Ferrothorn with Heat Wave, which walls the Electrium Z set otherwise. Landorus is also a good partner, being a secondary wallbreaker that can assist in denting hard answers like Alolan Marowak and Tapu Bulu with Earth Power and Sludge Wave. It can even use Knock Off to remove items from the like likes of Porygon2 and Chansey, both of which can give Thundurus-T trouble.

Other Options
=============

Flying
--------
All-out attacking Choice Scarf Thundurus-T is an another option to serve as a revenge killer to KO for threats like Mega Aerodactyl and Greninja, but Thundurus-T is outclassed as a Choice Scarf user and pivot by Landorus-T, since Thundurus-T is unable to revenge kill Tapu Koko. Grass Knot can also be used to KO Swampert and Seismitoad, but outside of that, Focus Blast and Hidden Power Ice provide better coverage.

Checks and Counters
===================

Flying
--------
**Mega Venusaur**: Thanks to Thick Fat and its Electric resistance, Mega Venusaur hard walls Thundurus-T, (AC) even after a Nasty Plot.

**Dragon-types **: Dragon-types such as Latias, Latios, and Dragalge can take a boosted hit and retaliate with their powerful Dragon-type attacks.

**Fast Revenge Killers**: Due to Thundurus-T's average bulk, it is easily sniped by faster Pokemon such as Mega Lopunny, Blacephalon, and Garchomp, all of which can revenge kill Thundurus-T with little prior damage.

**Coverage Resistances and Immunites**: Lightning Rod Alolan Marowak hard walls every Thundurus-T set, being immune to Thunderbolt and Focus Blast and resisting Hidden Power Ice. Certain Ground-types (remove extra space) can wall Thundurus-T depending on which coverage move its forgoes. Excadrill walls it if it lacks Focus Blast, while Landorus-T, Landorus, and Gliscor wall it if it lacks Hidden Power Ice.

**Specially-Defensive Tanks**: If All-Out Pummeling isn't run, Thundurus-T is hopelessly shut down by Porygon2, Chansey, and Gastrodon, all of which can inflict it with status, (remove extra space) set up entry hazards, or chip away with their attacks.

**Residual Damage**: Stealth Rock takes a quarter of Thundurus-T's health upon entering the field, while and poison gradually wears it down, (remove extra space) limiting the number of opportunities Thundurus-T has to successfully set up.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Leader Wallace, 274634]]
- Flying analysis by: [[Leader Wallace, 274634]]
- Quality checked by: [[Misaka Mikoto, 240969], [Vid, 239907], [Havens, 391540]]
- Grammar checked by: [[The Dutch Plumberjack, 232216], [talkingtree, 232101]]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)