Gen 7 Thundurus-t offense

I made this hyper offensive team with thundurus-t for my first RMT. Im typically not that good at building, but I've been playing for a while and i think that this team is pretty good and really fun to play with. I started with thundurus because i always wanted to use him on a HO.

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Focus Blast

Thundurus is a very underated breaker that can destroy a lot of common defensive cores that a lot of bulky offense teams like to run. Running hp ice just for lando is a bit of a stretch and limits his overall breaking potential mostly because lando is typically chipped or dies in the early game.

1603073057274.png

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Substitute

Gyarados is a great cleaner when paired w thundurus due to thundurus's ability to threat bulky steels, grass, and waters, and due to gyarados's ability to set up in a lot of the things that threat thundurus like ash greninja and grounds. I ran waterfall instead of crunch just to threat lando with an ohko and there's not much different from the two.
1603073764156.png

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 232 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip

Ferrothorn is our cover all wall. I like ferrothorn's ability to switch into greninja because gyarados isn't a reliable switch in, and his ability to deal with the tapu's and swampert is appreciated. We also have decent ovvensive coverage for heatran so that isn't that big of a deal for the team.
1603075500306.png

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock

We don't have any speed or revenge killer on the team yet. Tapu lele is a great revenge killer for the team because the steels that threat lele are threatened by thundurus's breaking and it's ability to threat out greninja. We are also weak to a lot of fighting and dragons like lopunny and kommo. Lele also provides a surprisingly good breaking ability an it's own to wear down any potenital switch in for gyarados. I put on Hp fire instead of focus blast because we already have good coverage for heatran and tyranitar and is so mega scizor can't win which we are pretty weak to.
1603074738516.png

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 92 Def / 168 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- U-turn
- Defog

Tornadus is our defoger and our kartana/ pinsir check because we were really weak to it. The EVs are like that to be slower than serperior to break the sub with u-turn and not letting it get another one up and just faster that Latios which is the next fastest viable thing. the rest go into defence to help out as much as possible for kartana and pinsir. having a switch in for ferrothorn and other grasses/steels is really helpful because we sturggled to break through them earlier. having a secondary form of speed is very helpful for our team and having u-turn support is pretty much needed on a team like this.
1603075274883.png

Diggersby @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Huge Power
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack
- Fire Punch

I put Diggersby on the team because i noticed we struggled with a lot of bulkier teams and were missing priority. able to criple pokemon like zapdos and lando on the switch. The main reason I'm running silk scarf instead of choice band is to limit the switch ins once we get a kill. It doesn't make much of difference since we still 2 hit ko zapdos and do a lot to defensive lando. We also don't have a physical breaker on the team to deal with chansey or heatran. This can be very good when brought in on torn's u-turn to catch heatran.

Thundurus-Therian @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Focus Blast

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Substitute

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 232 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock

Tornadus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 92 Def / 168 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- U-turn
- Defog

Diggersby @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack
- Fire Punch

This team is still weak to a lot of things like Pinsir, Heatran, Clefable, Excadrill, and probably a lot more I forgot, but I can't see them being anything more than annoying for the team, as they can still be dealt with good plays.

Author's note: (don't actually run silk scarf on diggersby just trn choice band it's much more prefered)

Attachments

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)