Time to celebrate (Giveaway is over. Winners please VM/PM me)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jio

God is Good
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hello everyone. Recently I re-opened my old trade thread and had some minor success with it. However I noticed that my boxes are full with other trainers pokemon and a hand ful of them were my own :(. Seeing this I decided to get off my lazy behind and learn to RNG, and with the help of my fellow moofian friends I've succeed and managed to learn how to RNG. Now I'm in a really good mood as my summer has been going great so I plan to share my happiness with the rest of you. However I'm not that generous and if you want the prize you're going to have to earn it by using your brain.

Concept:

This is my second giveaway, but since my last one was very successful I've decided to reuse the same idea which is my Theorymon Game. here's how it works in detail.
  • I will provide you with a pokemon and move or ability; it is then your turn to combine those two and come up with a competitively viable moveset that would actually work and isn't some kind of lame gimmick. I will know it's a lame gimmick by the amount of effort you put into it
  • Dont just make up a moveset and call it a day I expect you to explain the concept behind your moveset such as: how it plays and what partners up well with it. I dont care much about EV spreads, but you'll score some extra points if you can explain it well.
  • There were a lot of questionable submissions last time, and I let a lot of people go who probably shouldn't have one so this time around I'm not playing around.

Milotic - Charm

Milotic @ Leftovers
Calm / Marvel Scale
252 Hp / 128 Def / 128 SpDef

-Scald
-Charm
-Ice Beam
-Recover

DIVISION 1

This is where you'll be working to combine unorthodox moves to make a viable moveset. You can use whatever format your hearts desired just make sure I can read it properly. Try to make these around 3-4 sentences so it looks like you're actually trying. I wont accept just any moveset this time around, so please try to make these movesets as believable as possible. As I said EV spreads dont matter much, but if you put time out into one you might have a better chance of winning.

Timid / Pressure
OT: Jio
Obtained: Giant Chasm
Ivs: 31 HP / 19 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 31 SpD / 30 Spe
Hidden Power: Fire 70

Name: Heatmor
Move: Agility
winner: pimpgangster​

Name: Escavalier
Move: Close Combat
winner: mannyfanaz​

Name: Mienshao
Move: Power Whip
winner: TalkingLion​

Name: Carracosta
Move: Stored Power
winner: Dano454​

Name: Whimsicott
Move: Soak
winner: black_cotton​

Name: Musharna
move: Wish
winner: Pippy​

Name: Chandelure
Move: Fake Tears
winner: deathsreturn​

DIVISION 2

This will be exactly like Division 1 but this time you'll be using abilities except moves so it's a bit harder. Don't just take an analysis from somewhere and copy and paste the certain ability onto this, because I'll know. I expect to see some creativity here as well.

Timid / Flame Body
OT: Jio
Obtained: Relic Castle
Ivs: 31 Hp / 31 Atk / 31 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 31 Spe
Hidden Power: Ground 70

Name: Shuckle
Ability: Prankster
winner: Str0ngbad

Name: Eelektross
Ability: Regenerator
winner: Vulgo

Name: Archeops
Ability: Moxie
winner: JackieChun

Name: Sawsbuck
Ability: Magic Guard
winner: FireEmblemFan

Name: Hydreigon
Ability: Speed Boost
winner: Breludicolo

Name: Vanilluxe
Ability: Swift Swim
winner: elDino

Name: Sigilyph
Ability: Simple
winner: Texas Cloverleaf / AssasinFred

DIVISION 3

Now it get's fun. Remember when I said I was in a good mood? Well I plan on holding on giving away both Kyurem and Volcarona to one lucky poster. I'll be using the RNG website to choose one number out of all the people who have posted. Whoever the RNG picks will be the one who gets both prizes for free. :D

Winner: Jucaa #8

Conclusion:

Be sure to thank all my friends from moofians if you happen because they made this giveaway possible.

hey dont need the pokes but i want to post this

hydra @ lefties
speed boost mild
leftovers number hp, enough speed to outpace thundurus maybe and the rest into spA

u-turn
draco meteor
protect
sub/something else

scout hydra; it comes in, protects to scout, maybe revenge kill something with dmeteor and uturns back out

of course, flygon might do it better as it has levitate but hydra is more strong ok

Archeops
Jolly
252 Attack/252 Speed
@Flight Gem
-Acrobatics
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide/Stone Edge
-Quick Attack
The goal is to hit hard and fast. A speed boosting nature over attack because attack will be boosted by moxie. Acrobatics and flight gem is the easiest way to activate moxie because it will knock out most things. Earthquake is there for coverage, and a rock move for stab. Rock Slide or Stone Edge is up to you and whether you prefer accuracy or power. I prefer rock slide because once moxie gets going, you won't need the extra power. Quick Attack is there for picking off opponents, and can be used if you predict a priority move like aqua jet.
Focus Sash is another option instead of flight gem and can allow you to get more attacks in. It will also lure in priority moves, but quick attack should be able to help with those.

Hydreigon-Speed Boost
Hydreigon@ Life Orb
Modest/Timid-Speed Boost
80 HP/ 252 SpA/ 168 Spe

-Protect
-Dragon Pulse
-Dark Pulse
-Surf/Flamethrower

Protect is used for gaining a safe boost to start off, also for scouting options. Dark and Dragon Pulse are used for STAB boost while also getting good coverage. The final slot can be either Surf or Flamethrower. I prefer Flamthrower because it can get rid of common threats such as scizor and other bug types. Speed boost is very useful where it practically eliminates the need for Choice Scarf. With +1 speed boost it is able to out speed many of it's threats. Life orb also goes along with this set nicely with speed Boost however Choice Specs can be incorporated.
The 80 EVs in HP are used to help shrug off moves and be able to cure back, which will also make you last longer and receiving more Speed Boost.

Vanilluxe@Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Nature: Modest
EVs: 78 Hp / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
IVs: 31/31/31/30/31/31
-Weather Ball
-Ice Beam
-HP Electric
-Frost Breath/Taunt
The IV Spread gives the best stats while giving a 70 BP Hidden Power Electric.The EVs maximize Special Attack and gives Vanilluxe just enough Speed to outspeed Scarfed Base 110s in the rain.
Weather Ball becomes water-type under rain, doubling its base power and providing pseudo-STAB on top of it. Ice beam and HP Electric make a boltbeam combo. The last moveslot can be Frost Breath because the Crit will cancel out SpD boosts from Calm Mind or Taunt to stop anything trying to set up. Life Orb is used to boost the power of its attacks because 349 SpA is decent but not amazing.

Shucke@Leftovers
Ability:Prankster
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 Hp / 128 Def / 128 SpD
IVs: 31/0/31/0/31/31

-Power Split
-Encore
-Rest
-Toxic

The first move to use is Power split so your opponent gets a huge drop in its attack and special attack as Shuckle is very poor in this stats, Ivs 0 on both helps to drop even more the stats. Then depending on the opponents move you can encore it for a long time as you'll attack first. Toxic to do damage with the stall and rest for healing purposes when needed.

It's my favorite pokemon! (as useless as he is...) Why not?

Name: Shuckle
Ability: Prankster
-Encore
-Power Split
-Knock Off/
-Toxic/Gyro Ball
EVs: 252HP/126Def/130SpD Max out that pathetic HP and split the defenses

Prankster gives Shuckle the ability to switch in as an opposing sweeper boosts or on a resisted attack and use Power Split before they can attack to neuter them. Priority Encore forces switches as well and prevents Shuckle from being taunted and entry hazards from being set up while Knock Off and Toxic threaten anything switching in. If Toxic is redundant on your team or has poor synergy Gyro Ball is Shuckle's best attacking option as the power it has off of his base speed of only five far outweighs any of his STAB options. This Shuckle pairs particularly well with Sandstreamers due to the SpD boost he receives and Ferrothorn who resists Shuckle's two weaknesses and lays down entry hazards to take advantage of the switches that Shuckle will force.

EDIT: ninja'd :/ Also, minor nitpick but above should move 2 EVs from D to SpD or vice versa.

Awesome giveaway, thanks!
Division 1:
Escavalier @choice band:
Nature: brave (+atk -spe)
Evs: 252 atk 252 hp 4 def
Ivs: 0 spe
-close combat
-Megahorn
-Iron head
-frustration (0 happiness)
This guy would be used in tandem with a trick room team. Pair him with a reuniclus, as after reuniclus sets up TR, escavalier can easily switch in on the bug or dark attacks aimed at reuniclus. A base 405 attack with a band will punish anything that touches it, even resisted. I would also pair him with a wish-passer, probably vaporeon to have the easiest switch in off the electric or grass being thrown towards it, absorbing the wish and going again. Megahorn over x-scissor in my opinion to pick off the bulkiest of mons, however if you plan to have a team where escavalier will be more late game while the opponent is weakened, or you lay lots of entry hazards, then x-scissor works. Iron head for STAB and hits on ghost, flying, fighting and such, and frustration for a solid neautral attack. Iron head can be swapped for x-scissor as well, because having both bug moves won't hurt too bad. Bug can hit psycic dark grass, steel hits ice and rock, fighting hits normal and steel (not listing those that overlap), and for those that aren't super-effective, frustration hits everything else neutrally.

Division 2:
Archeops @life orb
Jolly nature
252 atk, 252 spe, 4hp
-stone edge
-earthquake
-Uturn
-hone claws
use u-turn the first time out to see archeop's counter, and attempt to take it out quickly. A wobboffut (sp?) Would be a good pair because that thing takes down almost everything one on one. Life orb is a first on archeops, because it won't have defeatist in its way this time. Still, with no recovery move and a partial flying type, have a spinner around so archeops doesn't go down too quickly. Scizor with a scarf can be a good scout-mate with dual u-turns and pretty good resistance on each others' weaknesses. Of course, wish support is always useful, but only if there's space. Try to have a sandstorm user like ttar or hippowdon to keep a weather that is beneficial, but that's not needed. This thing will wreck teams. Hone claws if you switch in or something like a heracross and know you can set up

Sawsbuck @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Double Edge
- Jump Kick
- Wild Charge / Horn Leech
- Swords Dance

Magic Guard is just a great ability... on pretty much anything. It negates the LO recoil as well as the recoil from the 3 attacking moves. This set is meant to set up an SD (299 Atk doesn't seem that threatening otherwise). Jolly nature because it's somewhat slow without a Chlorophyll boost. Double Edge gets STAB, and the other two are for coverage. Horn Leech could work as well since it gets STAB, but the HP recovery isn't as needed without the recoil. If Archeops got Moxie as it's DW ability... @_@

Heatmor-Agility
Heatmor@ Life Orb/Balloon
Quiet-Flash Fire
248 Atk/ 252 SpA/ 8 Spe

-Agility
-Night Slash
-Flamethrower/Fire Blast
-Hidden Power Ground/Fighting

It functions really well as a late game cleaner. Once the opposing team's Bulky Water is out of the picture this set can perform to it's full potential. The speed EV's Outspeed ScarfTran after 1 Agility. This is so that if it's main counter comes in, it can get the 4x SE hit off if Heatran is a non balloon variant. If you want a more solid counter to Tran then you can run Balloon but the drop in power is noticeable. This set is best partnered with Scizor and Rotom-W because Scizor can take out TTar, who would otherwise wall this set, and Rotom eliminates Tran and Gliscor.

EVs: 56HP/252Atk/200Speed
IVs:31/31/31/31/31/31
Jolly|LifeOrb

Moves:
Crunch
Earthquake
Aerial Ace/Quick Attack
Dragon Claw/Aerial Ace

Well, this set is for getting a boost at earliest as possible. because of high base speed, it can be a revenge killer by using the Quick Attack and/or aerial ace for fighting type coverage with STAB and LifeOrb bonus with moxie boost if DC is replaced. the EQ is for weakness coverage like steel and rock types. The EQ will be greatly boosted because of weakness plus the moxie plus the 100 base power + LifeOrb. The Crunch is psychic and ghost sweepers. the Dragon claw is for dragon types which can also hit hard because of the bonuses. Overall, this set can sweep a team because of the excessive bonuses.

OR it can also run as a Mix Attacker for surprise because of decent base attack and sp. atk

EVs: 56HP/100Atk/152Sp. Atk/200Speed
IVs:31/31/31/31/31/31
Naive|Lefties

Moves:
Crunch
Earthquake/Earth Power
Aerial Ace/Quick Attack
Dragon Pulse/Aerial Ace

Name: Eelektross
Ability: Regenerator

EVs: 152HP/196Atk/162SpAtk
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/30 (HP Ice)
Quiet @ Life Orb

Moves:

Wild Charge
Volt Switch
HP Ice
Flamethrower

This moveset is to abuse regenerator, using Volt Switch to scout the opposing team, and to clean late-game with his good enough coverage. Seeing that Eelektross doesn't have that much speed, the EVs were used to give it some bulk and again, abuse regenerator, with a Brave nature to make it a mixed attacker. HP Ice/Wild Charge gives it the infamous bolt/beam combo (HP Ice to hit Gliscor hard), and Flamethrower to handle Ferrothorn, which would give this guy some trouble. Life Orb is the item of choice because it boosts his damage a lot, and you can recover the recoil damage with Regenerator.

Name: Whimsicott
Move: Soak

Format: Taken from Rising_Dusk analysis.

Subseeder
move 1: Encore/ Taunt/ Stun spore
move 2: Leech Seed
move 3: Substitute
move 4: Soak
item: Leftovers
ability: Prankster
nature: Bold / Impish
evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
ivs: 0 Atk

Whimsicott is probably one of the most effective users of prankster, for no other reason it had it's place into the OU realm for quite some time, his ability to check proeminent sweepers by breaking their mommentum with his amazing support movepool boosted by +1 priority is almost unhearded of.

On the other hand, he has the grass typing, which can be considered a mix bag, while you have important resistances to water and electric, you also have inumerous weakness, and considering his base stats you better off staying with leech seed and no atacking options at all. The problem is, the king of OU A.K.A Ferrothorn is immune to it.

But fell assure cause not everything is lost, the new addition to Whisimcott movepool, soak , somehow remedies his previous problems making a full sub-seeder set available while at the same time you can adapt it to cripple faster set-up sweepers, stop bulky walls , in short, everything that may trouble you team.

As said before the first slot is there to do what the forest fairy was known to do, abuse it's god blessed ability to disrupt the opponents team by a almost every single way possible; problems with a set-up sweeper? Encore it. A standard wall just doesn't die and keeps recovering? Taunt them. Wheather abusers are too fast to deal with? Stun spore is there for you.

The other slot is where the magic begins, as soon as you enter the field you opponent will fell the urge to switch to a grass trying to full stop Whisimcott, at this time you should soak it on the switch, or at least substitute as the opposing grass enter the field, giving you enough breathing room to destroy his grass immunity, and proceed to simple leech stall him. Most times you will be either forcing him out or winning the stall war, considering the fact that most grass types don't use themselfs a move Super Effective agains't his own type.

Finally, should be noted that while the EV's make the cotton poke somehow bulky don't try to take the entire opponent's team with him alone, remember that he is a team player, and changing a opponent 'key' member to water can be as useful as killing him.

PS: Wow that's was fun. I should try C.C. sometime. Anyway, great giveaway.

Musharna @ Leftovers
Trait: Syncronise
Impish Nature
-Wish
-Calm Mind
-Stored Power
-Baton Pass

This set is simple. Calm Mind allows you to raise your SDef and SAtck through the roof. Stored Power hits incredibly hard after a few boosts. Wish is an interesting option that gives Musharna a more reliable recovery option than Moonlight. It also allows Musharna to support it's teammates. Baton Pass allows you pass on your boosts AND Wish onto another Pokemon, turning them into a complete monster.

Partners: Any special sweeper can benefit from Musharna. Latios, Hydriegon, Reuniclus, Gengar, and Chandelure just to name a few can become insanely powerful with a few CM boosts. Since Marshana can't touch Dark types, having a good Fighting type like Conkeldure or Breloom is recommended.

Jio

God is Good
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I forgot to mention that everyone is only allowed to participate in one division only so it's fair for other users. So for everyone who participated in both divisions should edit their post and choose one. Great posts so far, keep it up.

Not participating since I quit the Wifi forum awhile ago, but great giveaway =)
Thank you =)

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Name: Sigilyph
Ability: Simple
EVs: 252 Defense, 4 Special Attack, 252 Speed
Item: Flame Orb, Leftovers

Calm Mind, Air Slash, Roost, Psychic/Stored power

The premise behind this set is to use Sigilyph's good speed to get a Calm Mind, which along with Simple acts as both a Nasty Plot and an Amnesia at the same time. With Sigilyph's above average defense being maxed out, it can amass the 3 Calm Mind boosts quickly healing off whatever damage occurs with Roost. The choice between Psychic and Stored Power depends on whether you expect Sigilyph to attempt a sweep immediately or after several boosts, a choice which will be determined based on one's team. Air Slash is the standard power move that will cary the bulk of Sigilyph's sweeping that comes with a handy 30% flinch chance.

The choice between Flame Orb and Leftovers similarly occurs based on whether you expect it to sweep offensive or defensive teams. Flame Orb is preferable if Sigilyph is your stall killer as it prevents any undue status from harming Sigilyph with Roost healing off the residual damage while Leftovers is better against offensive team for the added survivability against various priorities such as a Mienshao Fake Out or Azumarill's Aqua Jet.

Although Sigilyph's Stab's have generally good coverage, there are a couple of notable pokemon that trouble this set, namely Jirachi and Tyranitar-although a Flame Orb Sigilyph can eventually break through Sigilyph. As such, Dugtrio is a good partner for this set for its ability to cripple the above pokemon with it's Earthquake's. Similarly, Chandelure is a viable partner to lure in Tyranitar and defeat it, setting a Substitute on the switch in and 2HKOing with Hidden Power Fighting, also being able to defeat Jirachi with its STAB Fire moves.

Finally, Excadrill and Hydreigon are both good partners for Sigilyph, Hydreigon for its ability to remove the pokemon that plague this set with Focus Blast and Fire Blast, U-Turn to Sigilyph to scout for switches, and finally clean up the remaining pokemon in the event that Sigilyph falls, and Excadrill for its ability to likewise break through and weaken most of the opponents team which allows for a Sigilyph sweep.

Team main allure in using this set over Sigilyph's Cosmic Power set comes in several forms, firstly, the presence or Air Slash ensures that Sigilyph can hit Dark type Pokemon, secondly, Simple ensures that Sigilyph spends far less time boosting, drastically reducing the amount of time required boosting, thus reducing the potential for a critical hit occurring--the main complaint of Sigilyph users--and finally the ability to potentially sweep an opposing team after any boost, as opposed to the Cosmic Power set which essentially requires 6 boosts to work.

Although, this set does require more specific support than other Sigilyph sets the presence of Air Slash limits its counters to a very select group of pokemon making team support easier to manage.

breh

強いだね
I'll assume that these can be for any tier, so go VGC Hydreigon!

Timid Hydreigon @ Chople Berry / Life Orb
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Speed Boost
-Draco Meteor / Dragon Pulse
-Dark Pulse
-Fire Blast / Flamethrower
-Protect

Hydreigon is already a pretty cool Pokemon in VGC and Speed Boost only makes it better. After a simple double Protect, assuming your opponent does not set up Trick Room or Tailwind, Hydreigon is outsped only by Scarfed Terrakion (as well as Pokemon with priority moves, the most important of which is Conkeldurr). Attacking first is a huge luxury and Hydreigon makes great use of it. Dragon Pulse or Draco Meteor are STAB moves; the former is constant and has perfect accuracy while the latter obliterates anything in its way but drops SpA two stages. Dark Pulse hits Musharna, Jellicent, and Chandelure hard, bringing each into the KO range of another Pokemon. Fire Blast is for Amoonguss, but is also useful against Bisharp and Escavalier; Flamethrower is a more accurate alternative. Protect is the final move and allows Hydreigon to get that crucial Speed from its ability. As this is doubles, it also serves the purpose of allowing Hydreigon to scout moves and allow its partner to attack while it guards. The choice between Chople Berry and Life Orb is crucial in determining what Hydreigon will have issues with: Chople Berry lightens the issues caused by Conkeldurr, Terrakion, and Scrafty, while Life Orb allows it to hit with idiotic power.

elDino

Deal With It.
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Right, gonna start doing some Wi-Fi stuff :D

Vanilluxe @ Life Orb
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 84 HP / 252 SpA / 172 Spe
Item: Life Orb
~ Rain Dance / Toxic
~ Ice Beam
~ Weather Ball / Water Pulse
~ Hidden Power Grass

This set abuses Swift Swim and Vanilluxe's underrated base 110 Special Attack stat. Rain Dance is used in the first slot in order to give that vital boost to its Speed, as without rain support, this set can be lackluster at times. Ice Beam is a STAB attack that must be used on Vanilluxe, and it is its best form of dealing damage. Ice Beam also allows Vanilluxe to deal with Grass-types that may be trouble other rain abusers, such as Celebi, while it also destroys Dragonite, which can do extremely well against rain teams thanks to its ability: Marvelscale.

The other moves on this set can be tweaked with, as Vanilluxe's movepool is not great, and these are mainly fillers. Weather Ball turns into a 100 base power Water-type attack in rain, and this is very powerful with the boost from rain. Water Pulse can be used in this slot, as if for some reason rain goes down, it provides more reliability as a Water-type attack. Hidden Power Grass is on the set as it deals with Water-types, which otherwise completely wall the set. It is chosen over Hidden Power Electric, as Hidden Power Electric only gains coverage on Gyarados, while Hidden Power Grass hits Gastrodon, Swampert, and Quagsire, which will otherwise wall the set.

A Life Orb is the selected item, as Vanilluxe needs all the power it can get, since it lacks a boosting move. Leftovers can be used, but the drop in power is significant, and therefore, a Life Orb is almost always the better option. The EVs allow Vanilluxe to outspeed positive nature base 108 Choice Scarfers under rain, which means it beats Scarf Terrakion, which would otherwise be a major threat. More Speed can be used, but it is kind of a silly idea, as there is nothing else that Vanilluxe needs to outspeed.

That's the set basically, I hope I can get a Volcarona!!!

Allrighty...

I have made two sets for Eelektross with Regenerate

Choice Band @ Choice Band (duh)
Adamant / Jolly
252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
-Wild Charge
-Flamethrower
-U-Turn / Volt Switch
-Brick Break / Dragon Claw

The Basic idea behind this set is to hit something hard or to scout. With U-Turn / Volt Switch you can effectively scout your opponents switch ins while regaining health (great if they bring in Ferrothorn to recover Iron Barbs damage) giving you the opportunity to bring in whatever Pokémon you want. Wild Charge is you primary source of dealing damage by just nuking whatever comes in before switching out to recover your recoil damage. Flamethrower may seem silly on a CB set but is there just to nab the OHKO and pesky Ferrothorn and Forretess. Your final moveslot is between Brick Break and Dragon Claw (two fillers really -.-). Dragon Claw gets nice neutral coverage while Brick Break lays the hurt on Blissey / Chansey.

Support @ Leftovers
Calm
252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
-Thunderwave
-Discharge
-U-Turn / Volt Switch
-Dragon Tail

This set is slightly more gimmicky but can be effective when played well. The primary use for it is to Thunderwave your opponents special sweeper and U-Turn / Volt Switch to an appropriate Pokémon to finish them off while healing yourself. Discharge is incase ur in the mood for hitting something (stall battle maybe?) and has a neat 30% paralysis chance. U-Turn / Volt Switch brings your teamate in for free if you go last or they switch and will deal damage if you go first (better than switch anyway). Dragon Tail is to P-Haze out any problem you have especially bulky boosters (Cosmic Power) as Eelektross wont be taking too many boosted offensive hits.
Max Special Attack Timid LO Thunderus Focus Blast should always fail to KO this set even after SR and Sandstorm Damage.

Thanks, GL with the giveaway, congrats on learning to RNG (was it hard?), and hope I win the Volcarona!

Name: Fake Tears @Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Nature: Timid/Modest
EVs: 6 HP/252SpA/252Spe
Moves:
Substitute
Fire Blast
Fake Tears
Shadow Ball/HP Fighting

With Fake Tears, and a massive base 145 special attack, this Chandy would be an absolute monster. Substitute is awesome because of Chandelures ability to force switches, generally to special walls. Fake tears would put even the bulkiest of special walls in a very dangerous position, even moreso if the Sun is shining. Fire Blast is the primary STAB, destroying everything that doesn't resist it, especially in the sun and with a Flash Fire boost. Even -2 Chansey and Blissey get completely roasted by the raw power it packs. Shadow Ball is secondary stab, but HP Fighting allows you to not be walled by Heatran. It should be noted that HP fighting requires a 30 spe IV, in which case Modest is preferrable, as the only thing outspeeding you at that point would be Heatran, and he'd be in a hard place at -2 or if Chandy was behind a sub.

Sigilyph @ Leftovers
Trait: Simple
252 HP/252 Sp. A/4 Spe
Bold/Calm Nature
-Cosmic Power
-Air Slash
-Stored Power/Psychic/Psyshock
-Roost

Simple is a great ability for Sigilyph. With two boosting moves in the form of Calm Mind and Cosmic Power, as well as access to Stored Power, it can really benefit from the boosts. This Sigilyph set focuses around getting it's defenses up to become a great bulky sweeper.

Cosmic Power after the Simple boost essentially gives Sigilyph an Amnesia and an Iron Defense in one move, allowing it to quickly get both of it's defenses up. The set is designed, after a few boosts, to be a great bulky sweeper. Max HP EVs give Sigilyph the best overall bulk it can get, while max Special Attack allow it to dish out some serious hits. Air Slash is an excellent STAB attack for Sigilyph, giving it some good coverage and allowing it to hit the plethora of Fighting-types in the 5th Gen. Psychic or Psyshock should be used if you plan on sweeping without the boosts to Defense and Special Defense, otherwise Stored Power is the superior option, but Psyshock could be used if you wanna hit Blissey. Roost adds to Sigilyph's overall bulk, allowing it to recover any damage it takes and prolong it's sweep.

Sigilyph appreciates Rapid Spin support, as it doesn't want to be coming in on Stealth Rock. This makes the likes of Starmie, Hitmontop, Claydol, Forretress or Excadrill very valuable. Of these, Excadrill is the best partner for it, resisting Ghost and Dark while also 4x Resisting Rock. It is also immune to Electric. Meanwhile, Sigilyph 4x Resists Fighting and is Immune to Ground. Excadrill can also break through tough opponents that can give this set trouble such as Tyranitar as well as weaken opponents to help Sigilyph.

Hydreigon, Chandelure, and Dugtrio also work well as partners for Sigilyph, allowing to either punch through tough counters or weaken them enough to help Sigilyph sweep.

Whimsicott @ Life Orb
Trait: Prankster
252 HP / 252 SpAtk / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Soak
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Hurricane

What about? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)