Tired of OU (UU RMT)

Just think of the joyous land where Tyranitar, Dragonite, and Metagross rips apart teams.

Now, erase all memories of that land and come visit the esoteric land of UU.

At a Glance:
-------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------​

TEAM BUILDING PROCESS

First off, I wanted to use an Anti-Lead. I tried out many, with only one coming out as the victor: Pinsir.

Next off, a Rocker. Rhyperior came to mind, but I know there are much better choices. But, for now, Rhyperior would just have to do. He also covers Pinsir's weaknesses, most notably, his fire, flying, and Rock weaknesses.

Afterwards, I wanted a back-up Physical Sweeper. Azumarill caught my eye instantly.

Next, someone to absorb the Grass and Thunder weaknesses of Azumarill. Tangrowth looked intriguing, so he was recruited into the team.

Seeing as I am now running a FWG core, Arcanine somehow ran into the team with blazing glory!

Next to block all weaknesses, a Steel type was needed. Out of the dregs of the earth rose a hunk of molten metal named Registeel.

Turns out, Registeel has a fighting weakness, and Pinsir doesn't enjoy hits that well, he prefers dishing it out, so Venusaur replaced Tangrowth. Also, as a little tidbit of extra knowledge, I'm using my Shiny Venusaur from Fire Red.

Azumarill was really lacking, like extremely lacking. He would almost always die from a Thunderbolt from Weezing or Electrode. So, I switched it to something a little Bulkier, Milotic. Although she seems pretty well, earning me a couple of wins, She has flaws I hope to iron out.

Due to the lack of momentum, I changed some of the members. Slowking usurped Milo's spot, while Sceptile exchanged spots with Venasaur.

After more recommendations, Venusaur is back on the team and Poliwrath is the new W in the FWG.

And Thus, my team was born.

|

Death

EVS: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Speed
Mold Breaker
Moves:
-Quick Attack
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-X-Scissor
Jolly Nature

Why Pinsir?
Pinsir may be somewhat gimmicky, weak, and somewhat less-intimidating than other pokemon but he has one thing that sets him apart: Mold Breaker.

Say someone sent out an Electric type Lead and he's all like, "OMG, Pinsir? U r such a n00b"

Then he sends out his faithful Weezing, or anyone with Levitate, and Bam! They get hit with a powerful 349 Attack stat backed Earthquake.
Another you may, or may not, notice is that I added Quick Attack. This is mainly to hit other Focus Sash leads. Earthquake hits Steels for SE damage, And X-Scissor is for a strong, consistent, and is backed by STAB. Rock Slide>Stone Edge because of Consistency.

How Pinsir Fares against other top leads:
Color Codes:
Insane
Okay
Freakin' Easy
-ARRRRGH! Fucking hate this thing.
-X-Scissor. If Sashed then Quick attack to destroy.
-Earthquake. Then Quick Attack if it's Sashed.
-Rock Slide while he sets up
-Rock slide hoping for Flinch Hax
-X-Scissor and Quick Attack seeing as it's so Fragile.
-Rock Slide while he scorches me. Leaving both of us with 1 Hp, while I quick attack to kill.
-Resists everything but Earthquake, and Sandstorm doesn't do that many favors for my team.
-Earthquake while he sets up or taunts, then when he is at 1 Hp, I take it out.

|

Bread

EVS: 244 HP / 136 Atk / 128 Def
Solid rock
Moves:
-Rock Blast
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Megahorn
Impish Nature

Why Rhyperior
Rhyperior is da Business! He comes in all tankin', he sets up rocks and destroys other rockers. Rock Blast destroys Moltres' Subs and can kill it all together. Stealth Rock is Stealth Rock, and the Earthquake/Megahorn combo hits everything but flying types, but Rock blast can take care of those pretty easily.

|

Calm King

EVS: 212 HP / 44 Def / 252 SpA
Own Tempo
Moves:
-Slack off
-Psychic
-Surf
-Calm Mind
Calm Nature

Why Slowking?
Slowking can switch in to a Flamethrower aimed at Pinsir or a Hydro Pump aimed at Rhyperior and just Tank them with STAB Surf. Slowking can easily kill anything after a couple of boosts from CM, while Slacking off the damage. After about a couple of CM's he becomes as Sturdy as a Pink Stone covered in Diamond while being coated with extremely hard rock and hits with the power of a Tank.

|

Elite

EVS: 216 HP / 40 SpA / 252 Spe
Overgrow
Moves:
-Hidden Power

-Energy Ball
-Substitute
-Leech Seed
Timid Nature

Why Sceptile?
The good 'ole Subseeder. For those of you who aren't familiar with this set, I Sub then continue to leech the living shit out of the team.
Wow, that sounds pretty erotic. Anyway, Energy ball and HP [ice] hits everything but fire types, so I may switch HP to Rock Slide, or something like that. I managed to kill lots of things with this set and managed to make four people RAGEQUIT.

|

RK9

EVS: 120 Hp / 156 Atk / 236 Spe
Intimidate
Moves:
-Flare Blitz
-Extremespeed
-Morning sun
-Toxic
Jolly Nature

Why Arcanine?
Arcanine also fills in the F in the FWG, by the way. Wow really stops Physical Sweepers really well. I stopped Azumarill and Outstalled Milotic, although it was pretty close. Flare Blitz and Extremespeed hits every pokemon in the UU tier for neutral, if not, super effective damage. Morning Sun for obvious reasons and Toxic to Spread toxins. Arcanine is a beast on my team.

|

Heavy Metal
Clear Body
EVS: 252 HP / 100 Atk / 156 SpD

Moves:
-Explosion
-Iron Head
-Seismic Toss
-Thunder Wave
Careful Nature

Why Registeel?
Registeel is the massive Special wall in the team. He handles Leaf Storms aimed at Rhyperior and Milotic, Psychics aimed at Venasaur, and Rock types aimed at Arcanine, with all-mighty ease. Heavy Metal (Hurr Hurr) can go out with a bang once it's job is done...
Irony aside..
Damn puns...
Anyway, the EVs make it so it can survive a lot of hits.

C+C is appreciated. It would also help if you could tell me something I might have forgotten.

First, you need to put a nature on Rhyperior and we don't know the Pokemon's abilities. This is especially important for Rhyperior and Arcanine since they can have different abilities(Pinsir can too, but his is obvious)

Pinsir lead is really a good idea since it will most likely net you an early KO.

Next, it seems to me that the 136 HP / 244 Atk / 128 Spe spread with an Adamant nature will work better on Rhyperior because with these evs you can out speed base 50 speed Pokemon with no speed Evs, like Donphan. This set is better at beating Rapid Spinners such as the aforementioned Donphan.

Change Venusaur's evs Spread to 252SpA/252Spe with a Timid nature. That way you have a much better sweeper who outruns all neutral base 80 speeds and lower. Not to mention this way Venusaur packs way more of a punch in those two attacks. I also think you should run Leaf Storm>Energy Ball because every bring a Pokemon meant to take out Venusaur so, most likely, he won't be in long anyway. This way, you get more immediate damage and can rack up more OHKOs. Lastly, i recommend you change the item to Life Orb since Venusaur can heal itself, plus you can get a OHKO on any Milotic 100% of the time, after SR damage.

Your Arcanine set should be switched to the Morning Glory set. Milotic and Registeel already have the defense on your team so, what is the need to have a bulky Arcanine? This way you can make quick work of unprepared teams after the rest of your team has weakened them to the range where Arcanine can OHKO. This way you can AT LEAST speed tie with other base 95's and always outrun a non-scarf Venusaur and OHKO with Flare Blitz. Who could otherwise cause some problems. I'll post the set so you don't have to look for it.

Arcanine @ Life Orb | Intimidate
Nature: Adamant | Evs: 120Hp/156Atk/236Spe
Flare Blitz/Extreme Speed/Morning Sun/Toxic

hey, i would recommend placing leftovers on slowking instead of life orb because of the added survivability and you will get enough strength from boosting with calm mind. Also i really like your pinsir lead, i used to use pinsir as a lead but after a while i noticed he didnt do so well so i changed it. Oh yeah, i disagree with dws93rd on the leaf storm over energy ball; energy ball is there so that sceptile doesnt have to keep switching out but rather stay in and keep subseeding.

Switch out Slowking and Sceptile for the Venusaur and Milotic sets you had before. Slowking provides another NP Houndoom weakness to your team and that can be fixed with Milotic.

Plus, a bulky attacker would work better with this team then a subseeding Sceptile.

So,

Your team is extremely weak to RP Rhyperior. If given a chance to set up, it hits every singly Pokemon on your team for SE damage and OHKO's or 2HKO's them all with ease. You may say it won't get the chance to set up but that Registeel is just asking for it. Your own Rhyperior is honestly your only way of getting any solid damage done back to it, but even then, unless the other Perior was previously damaged, you lose. Asides from that threat, you have a slight DDGatr weakness, as while it is not as much of an immediate threat, it can still run through your team on a moments notice. For these reasons I suggest taking out one of your current members for a Scarf Rotom. The set is as follows:

@ Choice Scarf
Nature: Timid
252 SpA, 4 SpD, 252 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- HP Grass
- Trick

This will allow you to switch in on either an expected EQ or Megahorn and OHKO back with HP Grass. It will also give you a solid revenge killer in the case of Pokemon such as Alakazam, Swellow, etc. Using it will also enable you to muscle your way through bulky waters and in general wipe the floor of the opposing team. If you do decide to use this I suggest trying it over your current Rhyperior, but the lack of Stealth Rocks can be remedied by taking out a move on Registeel. Entirely up to you.

Even if you decide not to take the Rotom idea, run Shadow Claw > Iron Head on Registeel. With Seismic Toss, you'll likely be out damaging anything that you would be trying to Iron Head, while Shadow Claw lets you hit harder on Ghosts.

Hope my advice helped and if not, please feel free to disregard in any way. Good luck with everything.

First, fix the sets with the right Pokemon and moves.

Milotic can handle any Rhyperior so run it>Poliwrath because that still leaves you with a Houndoom weakness as Hp Flying will OHKO if it gets up a NP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)