SM UU "Tired/Reflections" TRASH VIV WEBS

vivalospride

can’t rest in peace cause they diggin me
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

Introduction
Hey, this is my 3rd rmt or some shit and I've been wanting to RMT a webs team for a long long time now. I've been the spokesman of webs offense in UU for a long ass time now, I think the main reason Araquanid is B- atm is because Sage and Hilomilo got tired of me hling them on discord saying "ARAQ TO B-". So yeah this was overdue, on another note I couldn't find a song that somehow related to webs or Araquanid of any sort so I picked a song that moreso reflected how I felt about this community and game in general during my time building/laddering with this team, and even as I make this rmt. This is like my 521st post so ig it could be considered a late 500 celebration post, but really this was completely spontaneous and I just felt like doing a RMT. I did p well with it on the ladder, I'm p sure I refreshed my record before I started using the team so that's a p accurate record with the team I think, I decayed like 19 pts or some shit before taking this screenshot tho. Anyways, let's get into this installment of trash viv webs(tm).

Teambuilding Process

Basically it had been a while since I made webs, I think my last webs team was this one that I used for bish reqs. So I was p bored with everything and decided to make a new webs team. Started with Araquanid for obvious reasons, it's the best web setter in the tier and I've stanned that mon for a long ass time now. Next I thought of how good rocks Terrakion would be on webs in conjunction with Araquanid. There's only a handful of removal options that can remove on Terrakion, the main one coming to mind being Gligar. Araq being able to web up/spam Liquidation for free vs. Gligar and other bulky grounds that switch into rak is dope.

Next I plopped Scizor on the team because Scizor is like so good on webs for various reasons. BP + QA combo in conjunction with SD is able to offensively pressure the majority of the floating threats that can often give webs a headache such as Moltres, Mega Aerodactyl, Latias, etc. Hard not to justify Scizor on a UU HO.

Bisharp came through in the next slot mainly because of Defiant. I wanted to have Bisharp on the team because it'd be a shame for it not to be on the team after I hyped webs up so much after it dropped. However on this team specifically it's pretty neat because it can lure Cobalion with Low Kick, giving Scizor way more room to sweep. Aside from that, Sucker Punch also pressures the majority of floating mons that can irritate webs, and it's mediocre speed tier justifies it's place on this team even further.

At this point I realized I needed something that can break fatter teams reliable, mainly stall. Refresh DD Mega Altaria was what I went with because it does just that, while also being able to take pressure off Araquanid's back by being able to deal with offensive threats like Infernape, Kommo-o, Hydreigon, and Krookodile.

I noticed I didn't really have a ground immunity and I also didn't feel the fat matchup was quite strong enough. I also felt the Scizor matchup was subpar at best but that's too much shit to reliably cover in one slot. I went with NP Celebi because it just supports this team with it's breaking power so well. It fits the classic "spam shit that's weak to steel types" theme with Scizor + Malt, and can muscle through a lot of them (especially Scizor) with a +2 Psychium Z nuke. Celebi has such good synergy with malt in many ways so this just felt like the best choice. On top of all this, it's speed tier can often make it fail to sweep more offensive teams, so webs are much appreciated.

In Depth

Araquanid is the webber that's a cut above the rest in UU. It's breaking power is just so absurd with Splash Plate + Water Bubble + Liquidation giving it the ability to muscle through the majority of mons that stand in it's way whether they resist water or not. Magic Coat also helps it a lot as it can often bounce rocks, taunt, and probably most importantly toxic against foes that can irritate it with these otherwise such as Azelf, Alomomola, and Swampert. The spread basically just speed creeps Blissey, maxes out attack, while dumping the leftover EVs into HP so it can take hits from shit like Lucario and Hydreigon more comfortably.
Araquanid @ Wave Incense
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 144 HP / 252 Atk / 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sticky Web
- Liquidation
- Leech Life
- Magic Coat

Terrakion was my rocker of choice because it's just so fuckin threatening and it rocks on all of the most annoying shit for webs such as Togekiss and Moltres. This set is pretty neat as I went with Iapapa Berry as the item which is a tech I've consistently got questions about every time someone sees it in action, although it's had a lot of success. Basically Iapapa Berry gives it the ability to eat things such as Hurricane and Air Slash from threats as it rocks or even as it comes in, which can be a major headache for opposing teams that're gonna rely on their birdies to beat me. 36 Def EVs is to live any non LO/CB Bullet Punch from Scizor at full HP which can come in handy in conjunction with Iapapa Berry. Terrakion also acts as a Bisharp check which is pretty important on webs since the speed debuff gives a +2 Atk boost due to Defiant.
Terrakion @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 220 Atk / 36 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance

So as I said in the teambuilding process, Scizor is awesome on webs because of how it's priority pressures all the floating things that ignore the webs debuff. The main attraction with this set is that with rocks up at +2, a lot of things like Moltres, Rotom-H, and Infernape just drop to QA... which would otherwise cause webs teams major problems. The EV spread is just to outspeed max speed base 85s like Nidoking and Suicune (especially Suicune) at -1, with a little extra creep for Tentacruel :blobtriumph:. Note: Misa made this spread a while back while we were building webs together.
Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Atk / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Quick Attack
- Knock Off

Bisharp is here to punish Defog with Defiant primarily. It can also pressure faster threats that can give webs a hard time (similar to Scizor) with priority in Sucker Punch. This set is really weird as it lacks Knock Off, which can be pretty sus at times but I think it's 100% worth it to kill shit like Cobalion with webs up, Low Kick also gives decent coverage for shit that Knock Off wouldn't hit too hard like Steelix and Mega Aggron, while also being neutral to other shit that you'd usually use Knock Off for like maybe Scizor if it's not attacking you.
Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Low Kick

So Mega Altaria is here for all the reasons I said in the teambuilding process, but to elaborate further on why this is such a good mon here... This set takes advantage of webs really well as it's speed tier is pretty subpar without + speed nature and the breaking power it gets with Adamant nature. It's ability to pressure stall teams that rely on Toxic to beat it is also undeniable as it can dust off any status with Refresh and do hefty damage with Adamant Frustration. The EVs specifically outspeed base 115s at +1/if they're at -1 at webs and you're +0.
Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Pixilate
Happiness: 0
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Frustration
- Refresh
- Roost

Celebi works really well here mainly due to it's synergy with malt that abuses webs and pressures the right things such as bulky waters/grounds. Celebi makes Araquanid's job easier as it can pressure a lot of the things the team would otherwise completely rely on it to break through like Swampert and Hippowdon. Aside from that though, the synergy it gives with this set bringing steels in and being able to muscle through a lot of them after chip with +2 Psychium Z in unison with Malt also bringing steels in and doing a bit of damage with Frustration IN UNISON with Scizor sort of luring Doublade and not being able to pressure other steels like Maggron + Mlix is amazing.
Celebi @ Psychium Z
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam

Threatlist
Scizor - This is definitely a doable matchup as I have plenty of BP resists and if webs are up, revenging it isn't too difficult with Araquanid + Scizor + Bisharp, etc. On top of this Celebi can sorta lure with +2 Psychium Z and opposing Scizors sort of have their hands full against this team as it can't really check malt + bi + rak by itself. Matchup can be tricky if you play poorly around it though as I don't necessarily have anything you'd consider a "hard sciz check" or some shit.

Mega Aerodactyl - This is pretty self explanatory and obvious tbh. Maero does great against a lot of offense builds but webs especially has a tough time dealing with it. Of course I think this team has a fair bit of counter measures for it with Scizor + Bisharp being able to pressure with priority, malt/celebi being able to live a hit, and Terrakion being able to take a hit and OHKO back as well as being a reliable rock setter which limits it's switch ins in general... but yeah this is webs HO, so ofc maero is gonna be p much impossible to switch into or deal with in a reliable manner.

Bisharp - This mon is once again obviously a threat since webs give it a free SD, but it's not too difficult to play around as long as you don't use Terrakion + Malt like a dumbass. It can setup p easily on Scizor + Celebi though so watch out for that, just try to offensively pressure it as much as you can and you shouldn't have too hard of a time dealing with it, definitely a threat to look out for tho.

Some other shit - Webs is known to be matchup reliant, but honestly people blow this way out of proportion. This team is a clear case of something that can outplay common webs threats pretty easily if you play it somewhat decently, and common to contrary belief not all floaty things just dumpster all webs teams. However ofc they can cause issues, Moltres, Togekiss, Mega Pidgeot, etc. These can definitely cause some headaches if you don't get rocks up asap and use your Iapapa on Terrakion wisely.
Araquanid @ Wave Incense
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 144 HP / 252 Atk / 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sticky Web
- Liquidation
- Leech Life
- Magic Coat

Terrakion @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 220 Atk / 36 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance

Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Atk / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Quick Attack
- Knock Off

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Low Kick

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Pixilate
Happiness: 0
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Frustration
- Refresh
- Roost

Celebi @ Psychium Z
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam

I'm definitely not doing individual shoutouts this time cause there's just way too many fuckin people I know on this site at this point. However, here's a list of most of the people I love and appreciate on this site: Amane Misa, CoolStoryBrobat, Chloe, Sage, martha, 'sei., Nuked, Funbot28, FUMA HI-FI, Accelgor, Kink, Jake/Royce, bmacbnasty, nui, Rekeri, Surgeon, Nat, Brandon, Arrested, SciencePanda, rovietsussia, allstarapology, Juuno, A Cake Wearing A Hat, DraconicLepus, Mitsuki, itsjustdrew, Hilomilo, Shiba, danger zone, dingbat, Nightingales, Andyboy, KellyKafka, Specs Jigglypuff, Clefable, pokeisfun, yeezyknows, jumbowhales, Kreme, sed, Anish, Ark, We, Mob Barley, SnowyOP, Pak, yogi ig, Yifeng, EviGaro, sparrow, Eyan, Clouds, Euphonos, Stoward, wishes, Pigeons, dibs, ashiemore, Bhris Brown ig, GL Volkner ig, Hogg, HotFuzzBall, Donphantastic, and Swetti Boy. I've definitely missed a shit ton of people and if I might edit this later with more people, sorry if I missed you, it doesn't mean I don't appreciate you u_u.

RMT People, just cause you're not in the above section doesn't mean I don't love and appreciate y'all. You've given me a place on this site that I actually enjoy and think I'm good at so thank you so much and I love all y'all: Amane Misa, TPP, Gross Sweep, Snowy ;w;, Sun, Simia, Indigo Plateau, Eien, maroon, MFJK, DKM, Megazard, Solerme, Level 51, IronBullet, RMT Staff.

Literally the worst user ever: TheCoastsOfToast

Conclusion
This is my 3rd RMT as I said, and I've come a long ass way since the first one. Once again this was completely spontaneous and I'm p comfy with the final product. I've pretty much spammed the shit out of this team on the ladder and have only really had success with it, it's been consistent, which is one of the major complaints about webs (inconsistency). I've also played in a bunch of test games with it and have only been pleased with the team itself's performance. Obviously it can get better just like every other team, but I'm happy with this one how it is. I hope you all enjoyed the 758493203985th installment of "trash viv webs".
look below this

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)