Data TLR: Hiring a Flavorhead to help with Jirachi TLR.

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
approved by Dogfish44

Keeping this short and sweet: I am doing the birdies TLRs. But the problem is that I don't have the time to do grunt work on it, mainly the flavor of the encounters. To give you an idea, I started the Zapdos TLR March and had all the technical stuff decided by April. From April to now I am doing only the flavor, little by little, as I don't have much time to write fluff and do all the other stuff I do.

SO

I am wondering if anyone wanna help me with the next TLR (Moltres) by doing the flavor of it. Pokemons, profiles, arenas, scenarios etc I will do (the skeleton I will do beforehand) and the designated flavorhead will write fluff for the scenarios. Pretty simple stuff yeah, but too time-consuming for my portuguese-speaking mind -_-''.

With someone helping with flavor grunt work we can probably finish (so hopefully the managership can release) the Lugia TLR by the end of the year/begining of the next year and we may even start other group of legendaries! So if you want the TLR for a specific Legendary to be released, this might be the best opportunity to do something about it. I have no plans for the future so, as long as it isn't like Rayquaza <_<, we can agree on something.

Post here or shoot me a PM if you are interested. I am looking for someone who likes to write stories and can do so at reasonable speed. No need for intricated stories or fanfics, so it should be real simple. If more than one qualifies, we might even work on more than TLR at once ;).

Sure, I can help with flavor stuff. Have plenty of experience in writing the flavor for the revamped TT dungeons (though admittedly HA was mostly copied from the old version).

Mowtom

I'm truly still meta, enjoy this acronym!
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
I'm interested, but I don't know how useful I'll be...It's worth a try!

I could try to help around too, if you need it. I probably won't be as useful as the above posters, though.

Last edited:

Frosty

=_=
Lemme have an idea of how you do this.

Write me the following scenario:

You were hired as part of an exploration team to investigate an abandoned Power Plant. The Power Plant starting emitting some weird electrical energy and you are there to find out why. You use a special gadget to measure the energy levels and find out the source of it. You pass through several ordeals, wild pokemon and you lose most of your exploration team during the way. Only you and other two remain. You enter the room from where it all comes out and you find out Zapdos and one other electrical pokemon waiting for you. They dispatch your 2 companions and only you remain. You are to battle it.

How would you write it? PM me how you would do it and use the last scenario from Glacial Cave as base. No need for too much stuff, but it needs to cover the essentials.

Frosty

=_=

I got answers from YAS, Mowtom and Phione. Of those, YAS and Mowtom covered all elements of what the flavor should have (simple, effective, they included the tricky shock flute pic and all), while Phione presented a very nice flavor, only missing the flute (I blame lack of experience here personally). Mowtom takes the cake though because he included the special gadget I mentioned above and his general prose and simple descriptions fit in the best on what I had.

SO

I will bug Mowtom into helping me with Moltres
I will bug YAS into helping me with other TLRs (maybe a revamp, need to check with the bosses)

and since two TLRs are already stretching my capabilities, I will bug Phione and Maxim as backup when needed, if you guys don't mind. If I manage to get the time to work on a third one, I will let you know, but that doesn't seem likely *points to list of TLR reffings approaching one month wait*

Good responses in small time may be well-rewarded.

Thanks you guys.

Frosty

=_=
Reviving this as we have a vacant spot for working with Lugia TLR. If you are interested, check the OP and get to me. If no one takes it I will do it myself and take much much longer than the expected <_<

Frosty

=_=
Lemme test you then.

Simple thing: every TLR must have an introduction. Some examples below:

It is said that many years ago, the earth in a faraway region cracked open on a warm, starless night, spewing molten rock that burned through villages and blocking out the sunlight with ash for weeks on end. By the time the violent eruption finally let up, the earth was so scorched that plants would not grow anymore, and even Fire-type Pokémon found it impossible to live anywhere near the monstrous mound that rose where the earth had once opened. And while no one had ventured near the site of the eruption for several decades, a recent exploration team was met with a stunning discovery: a deep, blackened pit had opened at the mountain’s summit, revealing a cavern system that must surely stretch deep within the earth.

It was determined that the phenomenon was caused due to rapidly increasing seismic activity, as if a powerful force were on the move below the mountain. Several trainers have ventured out to explore this underground maze, only to return spewing nonsense about a fiery demon, surely a product of dehydration and heat stroke. However, as you climb the mountain, covered in black sand, you can smell the pungent odor of brimstone and feel the scorching heat emanating from deep within the earth, and you can’t help but think that perhaps the old man with third-degree burns and a fainted Rhydon might have been telling the truth. This is Black Sulphur Caldera.

Everyone knows that Victory Road is the ultimate test of skill. Only those who have eight badges are even allowed to go near the place, let alone get in. But once word got out that it is the only known residence of the legendary Moltres, the guards couldn't stop the stream of people who wanted to get it for themselves. Now, anybody can go into Victory Road, and the badge check has been moved to the entrance to the Pokemon League building.

Fortunately, Victory Road is still as difficult to traverse as ever. Most people who go in come running right back out in less than an hour. But rumors abound of trainers who go in and come back out with fewer Pokemon than they began with. You doubt there is any truth to those rumors—after all, who would abandon their Pokemon to the depths of Victory Road?—but even if they are true, it shouldn't be too much of a hurdle.

Arriving at Victory Road, you draw a deep breath. After all you've heard about it, and all you've prepared, here you are. You step in, ready to test these rumors and see if these abandoned Pokemon—or Moltres—actually exist where it is said they do

The Kanto Power Plant was abandoned for a long time, rumored that it was inhabited by powerful forces, due to the static electricity that seemed to emanate from it. Ten years ago, that energy vanished and an exploration squad investigated the area and concluded that the Power Plant was safe once more. Six months were spent rebuilding the Power Plant and putting it in full operation and, after that period, the Power Plant was generating energy.

One year ago, a massive thunder stroke on the Power Plant, frying the circuits. Coupled with that, the Power Plant was swarmed with electric pokemon and all human life fled the place…or at least the people that managed to do so safely.

Exploration teams were formed to investigate the area and you are on one of them. Perhaps you will get lucky? Perhaps not. The place is not exactly safe and a foul smell comes from the place. Get ready.

Glacial Cave is an Island located far into the South. When you get close you awe at the white sands of its beaches, until you realise that is not sand - it is snow. The Island's most prominent feature is a mountain with a large opening that serves as a mouth of a cave. Based on the structure of the mountain, you can tell tell that most of the mass is below the surface, once you get it you will not be heading up - you will be heading down, deep into the chilly depths. A chill runs down your spine and persistent snow seems to be following you wherever you go. Hopefully you are ready...

All of them were done by different people and you can notice different styles. Your test, should you accept it, is to write one for Lugia. The place is Whirl Islands and you can only take it after reaching Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres on Glacial Cave, Power Plant and Victory Road respectively. The introduction is there to set the overall theme of the TLR. You can see the theme of the story clearly on victory road and power plant and I expect something of the like. You have total freedom to come up with whatever theme you feel like, as long as it makes some sense. Don't worry as this is only a test and I will only use the introduction on the serious thing if it fits the skeleton I've finished, so just let your criativity flow and we will see if it will be used later.

You have 72h to present me something. Post it on this thread.

You nearly froze to death in the Glacial Cave. You stumbled through Victory Road and managed to make it out alive. You almost got blown up in the Power Plant. Despite all this, you've decided you haven't quite had enough of legendary birds, so you decide to seek out one more powerful than any you've yet encountered - Lugia, Guardian of the Sea.

You've heard rumors of a legendary Pokémon deep under the sea near Whirl Islands, so you charter a boat to go check it out for yourself. Soon the islands come into view, and you naively hope that this journey will be easier than the other three. But your hopes are soon dashed as a storm appears out of nowhere! Forty foot waves! Winds reaching 60 knots! A particularly strong gust causes the boom to swing wildly, knocking you off the boat and into the unforgiving waters. It also knocks you out...

When you come to, you find yourself, well, alive. You're lying on an island, your backpack thankfully right next to you. You pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and look around. Thunder rumbles all around you, and the rain is so intense you can barely see a foot in front of you. You're soaked from head to toe. You think there might be a Skrelp stuck in your hair. You smile grimly, because this storm can mean only one thing. Lugia is here. For better or for worse.

You always knew you weren't meant for a simple life.

There's a part of you that confirmed such; perhaps it's a burning core of righteousness nestled deep inside your heart which commands your every being to save the innocent. Maybe it's ferocious lightning that dances across your skin as zealous passion recklessly drives you onward towards what you seek.

You, myself, and everyone you know here shares some kind of unique spark; it is what keeps us from being ordinary, and guides us on an outstanding journey into the legendary.

Have the courage to subdue the final demons.

Victory Road showed you that the beyond the childish systems of gyms, elite, and champions, a more formidable challenge lay dormant for hundreds of years. In the dark depths, you discovered the forgotten legend of the Bird Trio and faced down the furious force of Moltres.

With that first success, energy swelled within you like tumultuous lightning, and you stormed your way across the regions to an abandoned Power Plant usurped by a denizen of chaotic electricity. Zapdos continued to test your determination to embark on this storybook quest, and with its defeat you proved your prowess and need of adventure.

Articuno's Lair held the most difficult of challenges for you, despite your flaming spirit and heroic streak- its judgement was a thick, impaling spear of glacial intensity. You were frozen to the core by the winter bird's blizzarding belligerence, yet that special light embodying your spirit was able to shine. When the final point of the trinity was quelled, you felt your last challenge accept your strength.

You headed back to civilization with haggard haste.

Have the tenacity to survive the final labyrinth.

Cianwood held such a magnificent feast for you the night before your expedition, which was to be expected. Each generation of that ancient village had been told of the discarded legends, and to have a warrior rise from the shadows to face the forgotten pilgrimage was only to be seen once in a lifetime. The celebration was lavish and steeped in rich culture, and their spirits strengthened the natural resilience of yours.

The morning of, the Elders and their Kimono Girls took you to the entrance. The salty waves crashed mercilessly against the sleek wooden boats and the battered rocks of the Whirlpool Islands; they dropped you off on a sliver of stone that bore a simple cavity descending into ocean below. Faithful, trustworthy partner in tow, you took the plunge.

Have the Innovation to solve the final puzzle.

Glory or awaits in the belly of this drowned behemoth. The Whirlpool Islands hold the sacred catacombs of the world's most ancient enigmas and powers. This is your do or die moment, the pressure has never been so tediously crashing against your nerves. Do not let the past defeats sway your might.

Be the legend you want to be.

Enter the Realm of The Bird's Master.

Battle with Lugia.

Frosty Dogfish44

Frosty

=_=
Glacier Knight

While that flavor seems lovely, I need you to be more concise. Notice how no introduction went past 3 paragraphs. And how your flavor was bigger than the ones I pasted combined.

Could you please trim it down and repost it? thanks.

(btw if you manage to do so well, I will put you on another TLR aside from Lugia. But I think you will prefer the TLR I am thinking on)

Stary02939

That was lovely. The wind part falls greatly on my plan of action.

I will put up a convo with you on the matter.

Phione

Alright. Think you can make an introduction for...

RNG: 22

Reshiram?

Do it and PM it to me. Consider it as a standalone TLR (one that doesn't require you being elsewhere before it)

I know that it probably should have been a little shorter, however I was allowing you to see the full breadth of my abilities in the briefest way possible. I wanted to give you a sample of what I can do prose-wise, in the sense of personalizing the flavor and heightening the sense of purpose and intensity of the TLR that a person feels when they start the journey.

I am a little hurt when you say "seems lovely". Did you not read it in its entirety? It's really not all that much.

Really drained from work today, I will make the edits in the morning

Frosty

=_=
Glacier I am truly sorry if I offended you. Yes I didn't read it because I had 1 hour and a half to do 980918091284 things here. Being able to convey good atmosphere and good flavor within length restrictions is part of the test, although I surely didn't make it as clear (for which I am sorry). That is why I posted asking for an edit since, even if it is the most awesome flavor ever, I would still need to ask for it.

Frosty

=_=
I need someone to make the flavor for one last encounter and final touch-ups (flavor on arenas mostly iirc) so Lugia is a thing.

Anyone wanna help a poor flavorless Snowman out?

Frosty

=_=
Reviving this Thread

I need someone to help me with Jirachi TLR. By "helping" I mean "helping with playtest" and "writing all the flavor".

Any takers?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)