Pet Mod To The Gigantamax! V2 (Slate 19: Anything Goes - Voting Phase)

A little late on this, so subs will close in less than 24 hours

Pokemon: Slowking-Galar
Type of the Gigantamax Form: Poison/Psychic
G-Max Move Name: G-Max Incantation
G-Max Move Type: Poison
G-Max Move Description: Removes 3 PP from the last move used by the foe(s) and resets the user's side's lowered stats
Competitive Overview: A nice combination of both of Slowking's unique qualities, Eerie Spell and Curious Medicine, into one very good support Max Move. PP Stalling isn't very common in VGC, but since 8 PP moves are decently common due to the strong Max Moves they become, getting 3-9 PP taken away from it can be really damaging
:sm/celesteela:
Pokemon: Celesteela
Type of the Gigantamax Form: Steel/Flying
G-Max Move Name: G-Max Bamboo Blast
G-Max Move Type: Steel
G-Max Move Description: Hard coded to 95 BP, but sets Leech Seed on both foes
Competitive Overview: Celesteela gets to be a super annoying, super scary tank in its G-Max form, soaking in health from seeds while simply not dying, turning into an unkillable wall or a very bulky sweeper
:sm/kartana:
Pokemon: Kartana
Type of the Gigantamax Form: Grass/Steel
G-Max Move Name: G-Max Paper Cut
G-Max Move Description: Ignores the target's positive Defense and Special Defense changes and lowers the foe(s) Defense by 1
Competitive Overview: Kartana cleaves through the cleaves of anything in front of it, letting it take care of the bulkiest of walls. And to help its teammates do the same, a Defense drop makes it so those walls are a little softer for future attacks
:sm/xurkitree:
Pokemon: Xurkitree
Type of the Gigantamax Form: Electric/Grass
G-Max Move Name: G-Max Haywire
G-Max Move Type: Grass
G-Max Move Description: Lowers the speed of the opponent(s) by 2 and inflicts the Wrap effect
Competitive Overview: Lets Xurkitree lower the speed of the opponent and break Focus Sashes to make it easier to sweep, simple as that
Finished up my WIP competitive overview for Naganadel in the mean time...

Voting has started (very late but still starting)!

With 18 subs, you may vote for up to 8 subs with 2 self-votes

Subs:
SlowAndBruh's Dracovish
SlowAndBruh's Naganadel

ChoiceScarfed's Necrozma
ChoiceScarfed's Victini

woworiginal's Regirock
woworiginal's Regice
woworiginal's Registeel
woworiginal's Regigigas

shadowpeashooter's Dialga
shadowpeashooter's Palkia
shadowpeashooter's Giratina
shadowpeashooter's Chandelure

Neosonic97's Latias
Neosonic97's Rayquaza

Yoshiblaze's Slowking-Galar
Yoshiblaze's Celesteela
Yoshiblaze's Kartana
Yoshiblaze's Xurkitree

Voting will end on December 24th

Also after voting ends, I may pause submission slates for a little bit to see if we can start getting the metagame coded and playable, so stay tuned for any information regarding that

Neosonic97's Latias and Rayquaza
ChoiceScarfed's Necrozma
Yoshiblaze's Celesteela and Xurkitree
WowOriginal's Regirock, Regice and Registeel

woo

The Neymar of Pet Mods
is a Pre-Contributor
Yoshiblaze's Xurkitree and Kartana
Neosonic97's Latias
woworiginal's Registeel and Regice

(if i can't vote, alright, but these are my votes if i can)

Last edited:
Voting has ended!

Slowking-G - 1
Xurkitree - 3
Rayquaza - 2
Necrozma - 2
Regirock - 2
Regice - 3
Registeel - 3

Regigigas - 1
Latias - 2
Celesteela - 1
Kartana - 1

Winners (Small number of votes, high number of winners. Go figure)
:ss/regirock:
Regirock
G-Max Move Name: G-Max Mountain Crash
Type (for both): Rock
Effect: Lowers the target's Defense by 1 and summons a sandstorm.

:ss/regice:
Regice
G-Max Move Name: G-Max Ice Age
Type (for both): Ice
Effect: Lowers the target's Special Defense by 1 and summons hail.

:ss/registeel:
Registeel
G-Max Move Name: G-Max Molten Iron
Type (for both): Steel
Effect: Burns the foe.
:sm/xurkitree:
Pokemon: Xurkitree
Type of the Gigantamax Form: Electric/Grass
G-Max Move Name: G-Max Haywire
G-Max Move Description: Lowers the speed of the opponent(s) by 2 and inflicts the Wrap effect
Competitive Overview: Lets Xurkitree lower the speed of the opponent and break Focus Sashes to make it easier to sweep, simple as that
:ss/necrozma: :ss/necrozma-dusk-mane: :ss/necrozma-dawn-wings: (All forms)
Type of the Gigantamax Form: Psychic (Base) Psychic/Steel (Dusk) Psychic/Ghost (Dawn)
G-Max Move Name:
G-Max Supernova
G-Max Move Type: Psychic
G-Max Move Description: Changes the user to it's Ultra Burst form. This effect stays for the rest of the battle.
Competitive Overview: No Z-Moves? No problem.

Pokemon: Latias
Type of the Gigantamax Form: Dragon/Fairy
G-Max Move Name: G-Max Misty Mayhem
G-Max Move Type: Fairy
G-Max Move Description: Shrouds the user's team in protective mist which prevents Stat-Lowering effects, sets up Misty Terrain, and reduces all opponents' Special Attack by 1 stage.

Pokemon: Rayquaza
Type of the Gigantamax Form: Unchanged
G-Max Move Name: G-Max Descending Dragon
G-Max Move Type: Flying
G-Max Move Description: If Physical, Base 160 Power, ignores abilities, and raises Speed by 1 stage but reduces Defense and Special Defense by 1 Stage. If Special, Max Airstream effect and power. Either way, on top of these effects, is super effective against Ground- and Water-type Pokemon and does neutral damage to Electric-type Pokemon, and also summons Strong Winds for Five Turns which removes the weaknesses of Flying-type Pokemon and resists weather-changing effects (Except Heavy Rainfall and Intense Sunlight). Strong Winds spawned this way ignores the effects of Cloud Nine and Air Lock.
-
Slate 11: Home (Late) for the Holidays
:sm/delibird::sm/chandelure::sm/xerneas:
It's late December, so we're required to have a Holiday Slate
Only Ice, Fire, Fairy, and Grass-types can be submitted for this slate
This means either the base Pokémon has to be one of those 4 types or the G-Max form submitted must have one of those types

Let's be real here, if there's a Pokemon that REALLY needs some kind of buff, it's probably this one:

Pokemon: Meganium
Type of the Gigantamax Form: Grass/Fairy
G-Max Move Name: G-Max Synthesis Coat
G-Max Move Description: After the move hits, for five turns, drains HP from all opposing Non-Grass-types to heal the current active Pokemon. Additionally, sets up Light Screen, Reflect and Safeguard (For five turns, can be extended to 8 with Light Clay) AND heals all allied Pokemon's status ailments, while additionally granting the user's team a passive regeneration effect akin to Aqua Ring (This lasts until the battle's end).
Competitive Overview: Hoo boy is this one a doozy. How would I make the unquestionable worst starter of all time, a Pokemon so unviable it doesn't ever see use even in PU, viable for Ubers? The answer? Bloat its G-Max Move. This thing has a persistent Leech Seed effect that cannot be stopped by switching for five turns, sets up Light Screen, Reflect and Safeguard for free, cures statuses as if it had used Aromatherapy or Heal Bell, AND to top it all off, just gives the entire team the equivalent of a free Leftovers that can't be removed. Admittedly, I might be going a bit overboard here, but considering it's Meganium we're talking about here (The starter who got shafted the most), I think I can afford to give a little leeway on brokenness. Grass/Fairy is also a typing that helps Meganium switch in on the large number of Dragons that inhabit the tier (Most notably Palkia), so it actually gets a chance to actually fire off its G-Max Move. I know Meganium doesn't actually learn any Fairy-type moves, but come on.
I really like this, but unfortunately, TTG is based on Galar Dex AG and VGC, so anything not in the Galar Dex is not allowed to be submitted

:swsh/Noivern:
Pokemon: Noivern
G-Max Form Type: Normal-Flying
G-Max Move Name: G-Max Echo
G-Max Move Type: Normal
Effect: One turn after the Attack has been used, it will hit again (all opponents) by 33% of the regular damage

Description: STAB Boomburst. This becomes an exploding bomb when it uses it. Also allons to easily destroy a check with this and Future Sight support.
This is not Fire, Fairy, Grass, or Ice type. This is invalid.

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
Necrozma can now Ultra Burst via G-Max Supernova, especially since Max Moves are similar to Z-Moves? ChoiceScarfed did a clever loophole in here, and that means Ultra Necrozma is now legal in this Pet Mod without the need of making it National Dex, on the condition that G-Max Supernova is used of course. The fact that Ultra Necrozma can now hold item other than it's currently-unavailable Ultranecrozium-Z is also a terrifying thought too.

I might make a sub sometimes later on.

Last edited:
Necrozma can now Ultra Burst via G-Max Supernova, especially since Max Moves are similar to Z-Moves? ChoiceScarfed did a clever loophole in here, and that means Ultra Necrozma is now legal in this Pet Mod without the need of making it National Dex, on the condition that G-Max Supernova is used of course. The fact that Ultra Necrozma can now hold item other than it's currently-unavailable Ultranecrozium-Z is also a terrifying thought too.

I might make a sub, hopefully actually making Swampert to use the Swamp effect this time, if it haven't already won.
I'm thinking Dawn Wings Choice Specs Supernova Slaughter

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
:glaceon:
Pokemon: Glaceon
Type of the Gigantamax Form: Ice
G-Max Move Name: G-Max Evo-Glace
G-Max Move Type: Ice
G-Max Move Description: Hits all adjacent opponents (both opponents in Doubles). Deals double damage on Not Very Effective hits.
Competitive Overview: Gives Glaceon a get-around for poor coverage movepool. Keep in mind that it provide no boost, with Glaceon being slow and Ice is a poor defensive type, but those will be compensated by the fact that it can hit both opponents at once like a stronger Blizzard (important in VGC formats). Makes for a terrifying threat in Trick Room teams!

:leafeon:
Pokemon: Leafeon
Type of the Gigantamax Form: Grass
G-Max Move Name: G-Max Evo-Leaf
G-Max Move Description: Set up Sun. Deals double damage on Not Very Effective hits.
Competitive Overview: Max Flare but Grass-type and Tinted Lens effect, to combine with Chlorophyll. Like G-Max Glaceon, G-Max Leafeon is able to get around Grass-type's poor offensive typing and overall poor coverage, and Dig (through Max Quake) won't help against Bug-type and Flying-type anyways. Be warned that Leafeon's Fire-type weakness is worsened during Sun!

16 days is ridiculously long for a slate, but I'll keep this up up until we get 1-2 more people to sub

Also, I'm going to see if I can get this meta coded, especially as interest for submissions seems to be waning, so we can start playtesting with everything

Also also, I made a Discord for this all the way back in October and just never publicly announced it, so here it is

:sm/weavile:
Pokemon: Weavile
Type of the Gigantamax Form: Dark/Ice
G-Max Move Name: G-Max Robbery
G-Max Move Type: Dark
G-Max Move Description: Removes the target(s)'s item. If the user isn't holding an item, the user gains one of the target's lost items at random
Competitive Overview: With its high speed and great offensive typing, Weavile can excel in VGC as both a huge offensive threat and annoying disrupter thanks to the item removing ability of G-Max Robbery. Especially since Mega Stone and Z-Crystals no longer exist, everything without Sticky Hold will lose their item, which can be game-changing if something loses their berry, Weakness Policy, or Choice item. Also, if Weavile manages to lose its item (I mean, Fake Out + King's Rock Fling Weavile is a thing), Weavile can use the opponent's item against them.

:sm/ninetales:
Pokemon: Ninetales
Type of the Gigantamax Form: Fire
G-Max Move Name: G-Max Smoldering
G-Max Move Type: Fire
G-Max Move Description: Hard coded to 160 BP and removes 2 PP from the opponent(s)'s last used move
Competitive Overview: Much like G-Max Rillaboom's ludicrously powerful G-Max Drum Solo having an effective 208 BP thanks to Grassy Surge, G-Max Ninetales' G-Max Combustion has an even more ludicrous 240 BP in the Sun that can further be bolstered by Nasty Plot, making Ninetales a great option to Dynamax on Sun teams if Charizard is weakened or KOed before it can DMax itself

:sm/comfey:
Pokemon: Comfey
Type of the Gigantamax Form: Fairy
G-Max Move Name: G-Max Lei-Up
G-Max Move Description: Hard coded to 95 BP but heals the user's side by 33% of the damage dealt and heals the user's side's status conditions
Competitive Overview: This is fairly simple, Triage makes this move a priority Max Move, which is kinda ridiculous. Now, it's balanced by the fact that Comfey's Special Attack is pretty low, its just 95 BP (just as strong as Moonblast), and it's better as a support mon, but a +3 priority Max Move from something that bulky is hard to ignore. Plus, it has a strong cleric effect.

:sm/calyrex:
Pokemon: Calyrex
Type of the Gigantamax Form: Psychic/Grass
G-Max Move Name: G-Max Crowning Moment
G-Max Move Type: Psychic
G-Max Move Description: Sets Leech Seed on the opponent(s) and boosts the user's Attack, Defense, Special Attack, and Special Defense by 1
Competitive Overview: Base Calyrex sucks and it isn't allowed in VGC for some reason, so if you ever want to think about using this thing in AG, it needs something kinda ridiculous and this might be it. Just use this 3 times, hope your opponent's Dark-type is dead, then sweep with Stored Power. The only caveat is that it doesn't boost Speed, so a sweep isn't guaranteed if you manage to set up

Last edited:

shadowpea

everyone is lonely sometimes
is a Tiering Contributor
resubbing these:

Pokemon: Volcarona
Type of the Gigantamax Form: Bug/Fire
G-Max Move Name: G-Max Firestorm
G-Max Move Description: Raises user's SpA by 1 after each use (Volca's signature Fiery Dance). Also sets sun (like Max Flare).
Competitive Overview: Basically sets QD before Gmaxing, then Gmax and spam G-Max Firestorm and Max Airstream cuz it has Hurricane too. Sun-boosted +1 G-Max Firestorm gets to nuke basically anything and everything, not to mention that Max Airstream bosts speed. Also there's nothing stopping you from just G-Maxing and using G-Max Firestorm and Max Airstream right off the bat. The ultimate G-Max setup sweeper.

Pokemon: Chandelure
Type of G-Max Forme: Fire/Ghost (or Ghost/Fire I forgot)
G-Max Move Name: G-Max Soulraze
Type of G-Max Move: Ghost
G-Max Move Description: Curses target, thereby making it lose 25% of its HP each turn. Fixed at 100 BP.
Competitive: Chandelure has a base 145 SpA stat. Have you forgotten that? This G-Max form is all about doing damage, but it also takes a unique way of doing it. First it launches a nice, hard-hitting move that also curses the target, then it releases a Max Flare that does massive damage and will most likely KO it after the first hit and curse. You can also use Fire Spin before Dynamaxing if you REALLY want them to die.

Pokemon: Kartana
Type of the Gigantamax Form: Fighting/Steel
G-Max Move Name: G-Max Megablade
G-Max Move Description: Always results in a critical hit
Competitive Overview: Wallbreaker, that’s what it is. You can boost with SD or Max Knuckle then just smash with G-Max Megablade. Also ignores pesky defense boosts and smashes through them like a maniac.

Pokemon: Xerneas
Type of the Gigantamax Form: Fairy/Dragon
G-Max Move Name: G-Max Life Horns
G-Max Move Description: This Pokémon uses it life energy to ram the opponents with it rainbow horns. It revives a fainted member and heals their HP and PP to full (Hard Coded to 1 member) and deals neutral damage to all Pokémon (doesn’t matter it’s type)
Competitive Overview: This thing is made to make sure that your taking your opponents team out while lasting in the game longer

Pokemon: Bellossom
Type of the Gigantamax Form: Grass/Fairy
G-Max Move Name: G-Max Petal Rain
G-Max Move Description: This Pokémon summons so many petals, that it starts raining petals. It summons a petal rain and is stuck in petal blizzard for three turns (it can still attack and is unaffected by the confusion)
Competitive Overview:

Petal Rain: Boost Grass and Bug moves by 1.5, but reduces the damage of Rock and Flying moves by 0.5%. It prevents self confusion caused by moves from Grass or Bug Pokémon

Pokemon: Torkoal
Type of the Gigantamax Form: Fire/Rock
G-Max Move Name: G-Max Explosion Shell
G-Max Move Description: This Pokémon uses its shell and blow pieces at the opponent. it has a 20% chance to burn and it lowers this Pokémon's Defense and Special Defense by 1 and raise its Speed by 2.
Competitive Overview:

all G-Max Moves BD is harder coded to 170

Last edited:
Pokemon: Regice
Type of the Gigantamax Form: Ice/Water
G-Max Move Name: G-Max Glacial Winds
G-Max Move Type: Ice
G-Max Move Description: This Pokémon blast a Sub-zero blast of icy wind at the opponent. It freezes all non-ice and ghost Pokémon, while giving every Pokémon the ability Refrigerator until this Pokémon goes back to base form.
Competitive Overview: This Pokémon is set to Stall out the game while giving its team mates (including it electric type ones) to counter ground moves for 3 turns

Pokemon: Xerneas
Type of the Gigantamax Form: Fairy/Grass
G-Max Move Name: G-Max Life Horns
G-Max Move Description: This Pokémon uses it life energy to ram the opponents with it rainbow horns. It revives a fainted member and heals their HP and PP to full and deals neutral damage to all Pokémon (doesn’t matter it’s type)
Competitive Overview: This thing is made to make sure that your taking your opponents team out while lasting in the game longer
I very appreciate you subbing for this mod but there are couple things about your subs

For Regice, Regice has already had a winning sub from a previous slate (Slate 10), so unfortunately it cannot be subbed. You can view a list of the Pokemon that already have GMax forms here.

For Xerneas, the revive effect might be a bit too much, even by AG standards, largely because Xerneas is already viable as is (and I'm not entirely sure if it's possible to code such an effect). My suggestion for it is to limit the revives it can do to just 1 per game, as having just 1 potentially threatening Pokemon being revived is a lot better than half of a team getting revived.

-

In other news, subs will likely close sometime tomorrow and there may or may not be some big news upcoming

Voting has started!

With 12 subs, you may vote for 6 subs with 2 self-votes

Subs

Samtendo09's Glaceon
Samtendo09's Leafeon

Yoshiblaze's Weavile
Yoshiblaze's Ninetales
Yoshiblaze's Comfey
Yoshiblaze's Calyrex

shadowpeashooter's Volcarona
shadowpeashooter's Kartana

The Main Mon's Xerneas
The Main Mon's Bellossom
The Main Mon's Torkoal

Voting will close on January 24th

-

In other news, to get right to the chase, To The Gigantamax is now playable! That means you can finally play with these brand new GMax forms in AG or VGC on Dragon Heaven. Huge thanks to inkbug for getting everything coded.

Now, due to the high workload coding the meta had, not every new GMax is coded, in fact only 10 are currently coded, but more will likely be added very quickly. Below I've left a list of every GMax coded in a mini-Viability Rankings for VGC.
Really Good
:excadrill:Excadrill
:heracross:Heracross
:arctozolt:Arctozolt

Good
:primarina:Primarina
:lycanroc-dusk:Lycanroc-Dusk
:scyther:Scyther
:scolipede:Scolipede

Meh
:magnezone:Magnezone (honestly probably better in AG)
:cursola:Cursola

Not Legal in VGC/Use in AG
:jirachi:Jirachi
I hope you enjoy playing To The Gigantamax!

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
Oops, sorry, I forgot about this one. Since I participated in this slate, I will take responsibility to vote.

Yoshiblaze's Calyrex
Yoshiblaze's Comfey
Samtendo09's Glaceon (SV)
Samendo09's Leafeon (SV)
The Main Mon's Bellossom

(Yes I know I self-voted my only two submissions but those two really need something for VGC viability. Doesn't help that they are also the least viable Eeveelution alongside Flareon.)

okay, here are mine
1. Samtendo09's Glaceon
2. Yoshiblaze's Ninetales
3. shadowpeashooter's Volcarona
4. shadowpeashooter's Chandelure
5. The Main Mon's Xerneus (SV)

6. The Main Mon's Bellossom (SV)

Last edited:

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
okay, here are mine
1. Samtendo09's Glaceon (Originally White text)
2. Yoshiblaze's Ninetales (Originally White text)
3. shadowpeashooter's Volcarona
4. shadowpeashooter's Chandelure
5. The Main Mon's Xerneas (SV)
(Originally White text)

6. The Main Mon's Bellossom (SV)
It seems broke. I believe you only vote for three which is okay, but let you know that it wasn't formatted correctly.

EDIT: Never mind, your original post have some votes hidden in white color! I fixed that for you, in the quote here.

EDIT 2: That's better. He put them into purple text since he is working with the dark theme.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)