Gen 4 Togekiss paraspam

mie sprite 2.png
nite sprite.png
p^han.png
ttar.png
toge.png
jirachi.png

- This team is a particular paraspam that I built at the beginning for fun but I tried to make it as consistent as possible. The idea of the team is, as its name indicates, to try to para the maximum of mons so that my two wincons can abuse it: jirachi and togekiss. So I tried to build around these two. For togekiss, his weaknesses are rocks and mons like zapdos/rotom/magnezone, etc. That's why I decided to surround it with two spinners + a ground immunity. It also has trouble against many steels such as jirachi, heatran, etc, so your job is to try to para them with starmie, dnite and ttar. If you manage to para steels and you have managed to remove the rocks, togekiss can be a threat. For jirachi, it is simply a mon that is very strong in a paraspam, for the main reason that it can infinitely spam iron head on a mon para and have a great chance of getting a flinch. However, it has a trouble against mons like heatran, magnezone, etc, so that's why I surrounded it with dnite spdef, starmie and ttar. If heatran boom on one of them, like dnite, it would be very beneficial for jirachi.

Starmie @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 8 HP / 244 SpA / 40 SpD / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Grass Knot
- Thunder Wave
- Rapid Spin

For the starmie set, it looks weird, but from my experience, it has been very effective. It's effective because it's surprising and most of people think it's specs and I'm going to be stuck on an attack like hpump/ice beam/tbolt, and one of the most sensible starmie lead switch is latias. So if your oppo is using a mon that can be ohko'd by one of these attacks, such as gyara band, dnite lead (if dnite lead stays against starmie, that means it's yache berry, so he'll probably use dd), heatran, etc... you can predict that he'll switch and use twave. For colbur berry, I feel like ttar scarf (especially in lead) is becoming more and more present, so if starmie can para it and hit it with hpump, it's very beneficial for the team (for togekiss especially). Also, it's gonna be hard for ttar to put rocks while being para, unless ttar is not the only rocker, which is not very common. I decided to add grass knot because swampert is very annoying for the team, and it is also useful against suicune, starmie, etc... For the spread, it allows to tank draco meteor from latias scarf. This set has a good MU against most common leads; it's strong against metagross, azelf, heatran, dnite, gyara, skarm, etc...

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 8 Def / 228 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Heal Bell
- Roost
- Dragon Claw

For dnite, it's simple: it adds support to the team. With many resistances and its big bulk, dnite can come on many mons like heatran, rotom and even jirachi if there's no rocks. It can even live draco meteor from flygon mixed or latias scarf. It is also very strong against breloom (subpunch does not really exist anymore). With heal bell allows to be a little less weak to rotom restalk. And then, it's synergic with donphan who has rest. Twave is very useful in many scenarios; if heatran uses fire blast on jirachi and you send dnite, at that point it will either explode or switch to another mon - probably a steel/scarf/bulky water. Most of people don't expect twave. Or, breloom can switch to donphan, you send dnite to seem bomb/superpower, and you know he will switch so you can use twave on his switch, etc..

Donphan @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Atk / 188 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Rest
- Rapid Spin
- Head Smash

Donphan with rest is a good counter to jirachi (physical)/ttar with his massive bulk, stab earthquake and rest, it will be hard for jirachi/ttar to do anything. He also has electric immunity, so if you still haven't revealed it, you can send donphan to rotom who uses tbolt and use rapid spin (or something else, it depends on the situation ig). Zapdos specs can't really click tbolt too. Since I have two fly mons (togekiss and dnite), I think having starmie as a spinner (especially without recover) is not enough. That's why I added another spinner. With the 3 reasons I gave, I think donphan on this team is consistent.

Tyranitar @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 40 HP / 88 Atk / 184 Def / 196 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Crunch
- Fire Blast
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rocks

4. Tyranitar is my rocker and is also the third and final user of thunder wave. This spread allows to tank eq from ttar at +1 after rocks - and also allows to be in custap range. It also allows to para gyarados and prevent him from setup (if he has seen that I am bulky + intimidate, he will try to setup), etc... Also, if ttar is facing jirachi, and you've already revealed that it's bulky ttar + donphan + mie + bulky twave dnite, it's very likely that your oppo doesn't want to do iron head on a turn where I'm going on donphan/mie/nite. So he will probably do something else, like stealth rocks, body slam, etc... Ttar is bulky enough that he can afford to stay up against jirachi in many situations. Also, Twave ttar is a good counter to cm jirachi (who is threatening to my team), and is also synergistic with custap and the rest of the team. (PS: 30 ivs in speed allows ttar to outspeed most of cb ttar in trickroom)

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Air Slash
- Substitute
- Roost
- Nasty Plot

5. Togekiss: Togekiss is my first wincon. Like I said, if you have done your job correctly, removing rocks and having para steels (jirachi) and ttar, togekiss is a threat. Being full def, jirachi needs to have max 205 attack to break the sub (which is not common). 204 Atk Jirachi Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Togekiss: 78-93 (20.8 - 24.8%). Also, ttar para, even band, cannot really break this set. Togekiss can just spam sub and roost until a para

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Atk / 96 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Thunder
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch

6. Jirachi is my second wincon of the team. It is recommended to use jirachi at the end of the game so that it cleans itself after the opponent team is weakened is para, but it is sometimes necessary to place it in early game to counter some threats. It is also strong against clefable, since seismic toss can't break the sub. I run thunder instead of body slam/thunder wave since I already 3 users of twave and thunder is necessary agasint gyarados (thunder can also para [60]).

Here's the pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/3a904fb70957c663

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)