Togekiss Revamp

justdrew

All dogs go to heaven
is an official Team Rateris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
name: Nasty Plot Z Move Sweeper
move 1: Nasty Plot
move 2: Air Slash
move 3: Aura Sphere
move 4: Roost
item: Fightium Z
ability: Serene Grace
nature: Timid
evs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

• Togekiss uses Air Slash in conjunction with Serene Grace to flinch opposing Pokémon for a possible sweep.
  • Nasty Plot allows Togekiss to sharply boost its special attack in order to do greater damage to special walls like Blissey and Tentacruel.
  • Air Slash is resisted by Rock- and Steel-types which makes Aura Sphere the perfect move option, as it allows for Togekiss to break through walls like Mega Aggron, Registeel, Empoleon, and Stakataka.
  • Roost gives Togekiss more longevity in all match ups and is generally good because of its weakness to Stealth Rock.
Set Details
========
  • Since Fightium Z Togekiss is a purely offensive set, it is typical that its EV's are max Special attack and max Speed.
  • It is a Timid nature for the purpose of outspeeding every possible Pokemon it can.
  • Fightium Z is a suprise factor move that allows Togekiss to nuke most Steel and Rock-type Pokemon that typically wall it.
Usage Tips
========

• Togekiss shines as a breaker against passive archetypes like stall.
  • Its Z-Move should be used primarily against the bulky Steel-type walls that can stomache its attacks, such as Empoleon, Mega Aggron, Mega Steelix, and Stakataka.
  • Togekiss has a valuable match up against slower and bulkier teams as a result of its ability to flinch frequently.
  • A speed tier of 80 allows for Togekiss to outspeed bulky variants of Suicune, Celebi, and Tentacruel and weaken them.
  • Togekiss struggles slightly with offense and can be pressured by Pokemon like Mega Manectric and Mega Aerodactyl.
  • Its typing gives it many opportunities to switch into threatening Grass- and Dragon-types like Breloom and Serperior, and Hydreigon and Latias.
  • Togekiss can be used at any point in the game where the breaking of a specially defensive wall or bulky Steel- or Rock-type is appropriate.

Team Options
========
  • As a versatile Pokemon, Togekiss can fit on a wide range of play styles from semi-stall to hyper offense.
  • With a weak matchup against offense, Togekiss requires bulky support.
  • Togekiss appreciates offensive pivots like Scizor and Mega Manectric to pressure opposing offensive Pokemon.
  • Revenge killers like Hydreigon, Latias, and Nihilego utilize their fantastic bulk and offensive stats to provide Togekiss with revenge killing options.
  • Bulky Water- and Ground-types give Togekiss switch ins to threats like Mega Manectric, Mega Aerodactyl, Cobalion, Scizor, and more.
  • Togekiss removes Steel-types and special walls from the field, so it appreciates team mates that take advantage of this.
  • Such Pokemon include Serperior, Mega Altaria, and Latias, who struggle to break through Mega Steelix, Mega Aggron, and Blissey.
  • Pokemon that are weak to Fighting-type moves, specifically Mach Punch, appreciate Togekiss' typing and offensive synergy.
  • Pokemon like Cobalion, Stakataka, and Terrakion enjoy having a Togekiss to absorb moves from Infernape and Breloom.
  • As Togekiss is weak to Scizor, it requires a check since priority Bullet Punch is an easy way to revenge kill it.
  • Checks to Scizor like Swampert, Seismitoad, Tentacruel, and more help Togekiss to stay healthy.
  • In turn Togekiss serves as a check to Grass-types like Celebi, Breloom, and Serperior that threaten Scizor checks.

Last edited:

Stoward

Ah, you're finally awake
Should be writing up my own analyses, but why do that when I can just go and comment someone elses.

Hi just dropping an AM check. Feel free to wait for qc input before implementing.

The first parts of this analysis are looking pretty solid so I'll only really be commenting on usage tips and team options.

Usage Tips:
Togekiss should primarily be used as a stall breaker.

It's goal is to break through Pokemon like Mega Aggron, Blissey, and Mega Steelix who are able to switch in on Togekiss freely.

There is no specific point in the game where Togekiss is best used, however it can switch in on Grass-types like Serperior and Breloom, and Dragon-types like Latias and Hydreigon and force them out.
I feel like your points here are too generalised. While it's true that Togekiss' best matchup is against more passive archetypes such as Stall, I feel like you should have a few more details on how Togekiss should be used, such as how should Togekiss be used against offense where it's pressured immensely and doesn't have as many opportunities to set up. I also believe that Togekiss' speed tier is worth mentioning, as a lot of the time, Togekiss will just be flinching things to death with Air Slash (Which also hasn't been mentioned in Usage Tips) which it can't do if it moves second. Also you could expand on usage tips by talking about when the best time to use the Z move and that sort of thing. Honestly Usage Tips are my least favourite part of an analysis, because I'm always afraid of trying to assume game states - which is always a bad thing to do in analyses, but this one is looking a little lackluster.

Team Options

Togekiss removes Steel-types and special walls like Blissey from the field, so it appreciates team mates that take advantage of this.

Such Pokemon include Serperior, Mega Altaria, and Latias, who struggle to break through Mega Steelix, Mega Aggron, and Blissey.

Pokemon that are weak to Fighting-type moves, specifically Mach Punch, appreciate Togekiss' typing and offensive synergy.

Pokemon like Cobalion, Stakataka, and Terrakion enjoy having a Togekiss to absorb moves from Infernape and Breloom.

As Togekiss is weak to Steel-types, it requires a Scizor check since priority Bullet Punch is an easy way to revenge kill it.

Checks to Scizor like Swampert, Seismitoad, Tentacruel, and more help Togekiss to stay healthy.
Once again, I feel like there's a lot of depth that's missing in Team Options. Team Options right now seem to be kinda one-sided, talking about either Pokemon that appreciate Togekisses presence, or Pokemon that Togekiss appreciates having as partners, rather than talking about both at the same time. For example talking about the fact that while Togekiss appreciates the fact that Swampert and Seismitoad are able to check Scizor, in return, they can also appreciate the fact that Togekiss is able to pressure common grass-types such as Breloom, Serperior and Celebi.

Due to Togekiss' typing and the fact that it has a brilliant m/u against stall, Togekiss can fit on a number of playstyles ranging from offense to semi-stall. It's crucial to give Togekiss partners that can do well against offense, whether that be by providing offensive pressure with offensive pivots such as Mega Manectric, or Revenge killers such as Scarf Latias, Nihilego, Infernape Etc or by using Bulky Waters or just other general fat stuff.

There's a lot more that can be done in both Team Options and Usage Tips. I just thought I'd give you some starting points to work with. At the same time, I've asked a fair bit from you, so feel free to wait for QC input before implementing this, but hopefully this should result in QC giving you less work to do later

Last edited:

Kink

it's a thug life ¨̮
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
3017's check looks fine, most of the issues here are a result of a direct lack of content. Talk about how to use Togekiss like you're explaining it to someone who's never used Togekiss. Identify the team options. Get detailed. Provide common scenarios if you can come up with any. Implement what 3017 said to the best of your ability and then tag both of us so we can look together and decide if anything else needs to be added before 1/3.

Stoward

Ah, you're finally awake
This was a solid effort. I don't think my check was 100% implemented properly. As an AM checker, I tried to avoid Ghost writing, and I like the fact that you used my examples in both Usage Tips and team options. However I still think that this is lacking in content and a lot of your statements are missing some depth. If I didn't communicate this effectively before, then that's on me and I apologise, but I'll try to be a little clearer here.

Usage Tips

Togekiss shines as a breaker against passive archetypes like stall
I guess more what I had in mind was something like:
"• Togekiss shines as a breaker against passive archetypes like stall" since more passive Pokemon such as Blissey tend to be slower and have lower damage output, meaning that Togekiss is able to wear down these slower foes with Air Slash, and thanks to Serene Grace combined with Air Slashes' 30% chance to flinch, this means that many of these slower foes will be immobilised and unable to recover their HP.

That's essentially the sort of content that I'd like to see in a bullet point, rather than a single sentence. I guess start with the statement, explain why the statement is true and then provide examples.

• Togekiss has a valuable match up against slower and bulkier teams as a result of its ability to flinch frequently.
This should be merged with the first point.

• Togekiss struggles slightly with offense and can be pressured by Pokemon like Mega Manectric and Mega Aerodactyl.
So what does that mean? Why does Togekiss struggle with offense and and why do Mega Manectric and Mega Aerodactyl pressure Togekiss?

• Its typing gives it many opportunities to switch into threatening Grass- and Dragon-types like Breloom and Serperior, and Hydreigon and Latias.
Once again, this needs more info.
  • Togekiss can be used at any point in the game where the breaking of a specially defensive wall or bulky Steel- or Rock-type is appropriate.
  • A speed tier of 80 allows for Togekiss to outspeed bulky variants of Suicune, Celebi, and Tentacruel and weaken them.
This is more of a set detail rather than a usage tip.

Some other points I'd like to see are
  • A point here about avoiding using the Z move prematurely (probably included in the Z move tip) especially when Ghost-types are on the field.
  • A point about when to set up with Nasty Plot.
  • A point about avoiding switching in Togekiss when entry hazards are on the field
  • A point about status. While Togekiss is primarily listed as being a Stallbreaker. Stall relies heavily on statusing foes. Togekiss is crippled heavily by Thunder Wave as it becomes slower than its opponents and can't flinch them, and even with Roost, Toxic heavily reduces its longevity - which it certainly needs against Stall.

Team Options

Team Options still feels kinda one-sided, talking either about what Togekiss offers for a mon, or what a mon can do for Togekiss. Essentially the 3 points below could essentially be the one bullet. All of the team partners need to provide something for Togekiss, and in return appreciate something that Togekiss provides for them. I'd also like to see a point about about clerics and hazard removal since Togekiss doesn't appreciate status or taking Stealth Rock damage - regardless of the fact that it has roost.
  • Bulky Water- and Ground-types give Togekiss switch ins to threats like Mega Manectric, Mega Aerodactyl, Cobalion, Scizor, and more.
  • Checks to Scizor like Swampert, Seismitoad, Tentacruel, and more help Togekiss to stay healthy.
  • In turn Togekiss serves as a check to Grass-types like Celebi, Breloom, and Serperior that threaten Scizor checks.
Try implementing what I said again to the best of your abilities and Tag Kink and I and we'll decide if anything needs to be added before 1/3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)