Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Beta

The multiplayer beta was released on 19th April, and beta keys were given out to selected users. For the PS3, Playstation Plus owners were given beta keys and randomly chosen U-Play members were also given a beta key. I was lucky enough to get one through U-play. Do any of you have a beta key, and if so have you played the beta yet?

I've played a few matches and I'm still not good at all but it is definitely a fun game to play. The teams are 8 vs 8 with 2 squads of 4 each in a team. You can spawn on your squad mates as well as at your team "base". The cover system is nothing unique, but it's solid and intuitive, although there have been moments where the character snaps to cover when you just want to sprint and sometimes gets you killed. There are 3 different classes, each with their unique abilities and weapons. The unlock system is also somewhat different to most other mainstream shooters such as Battlefield and COD in that when you reach certain levels, you have to make a choice between unlocks. The only way you can try the other unlock is by resetting your class xp by using a respec token which you only get one of to begin with and another at lv 50.

The only gamemode out atm is Conflict, which is a time based game. The round will last a set amount of time and within that different objectives will pop up serially, so for example the first objective maybe to secure a resupply crate. Once that is done, another objective will pop up shortly after. The team that wins most of the objectives will be the one that wins because of the scoring system. The maps are fairly symmetrical in nature so one side doesn't have a clear advantage over the other. The size is also right for the kind of gameplay they offer. It's not too large so you won't spend ages looking for enemies if you play the objective but not too small either so you can still flank around.

Overall I think it's looking to be a pretty solid game so far, definitely looking forward to the full release now. If you've played the beta, or plan to get the game go ahead and discuss!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)