SM OU Top 1 - ToxaBand Revolution (Peaked 2103)

Hi everyone, im here today for posting this beautiful team i made, and took me to the top 1.

1537473655092.png
1537453091301.png
1537383761527.png

The team complete importable can be found here: https://my-pokemon-base-client-hllemoefpf.now.sh/team?id=5ba29de7bf5793005055e662

This team is built around Toxapex Band, but he is not the center of the team, its used for cleaning sweepers wall and excercising pressure on the opponent team.

¿Why toxaband? Cuz is cool, he can actually kill a lot of his counters, make a great damage and can wall-regenerate for recovering the momentum.

Let's start explaining the mons:

1537384424181.png

1537384275923.png

This mon is the main counter to Zygarde he can defeat almost any set of it, focus punch hits HARD against Ferrothorn and Heatran, you can also use it for recovering momentum, or simply kill physical sweepers​

1537384598023.png

USE THIS MON SMARTLY he can kill almost any mon in the game, he is your main sweeper, you need to make the correct choice of moves, you can predict the annonying Ferrothorn with a focus blast, then switch, you can excercise a lot of pressure with this mon, use it! and protect it! is also a very common lead when i think he is gonna start with Tapu Koko

1537384871375.png

This is the team defogger and main Kartana counter, personally i hate him, i dislike his rock weakness, but i need it for counting Kartanas, he is good walling mons, and absorbing damage, you have the 30% of paralysis. Note he is fully defensive, you dont want to take special hits with it​

1537385011452.png

Oh.... Magearna, i started using a Fully Defensive set with specs, it resisted Lando EQ, Banded Zygarde Thousand Arrows, Hawlucha's SD HJK, Mega Medicham HJK, and he was veery good in the team, and can be used effectively, but i gave a chance to this scarf set due my weakness to some boosters like serperior or manaphy​

1537385170688.png

Previously he was a Blissey due to the lefties recovery, but i needed some extra defense, so here we have Chansey, the Wish set is veery important, you want to keep it healthy and use it like a pivot for recovering damaged mons, that is its main role, recover the other mons

1537385316953.png

This is the most controversial mon here, i have been blamed a lot by some friends for using this mons, but he is actually pretty good, his Gunk Shot hits VERY HARD, you can OHKO Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele, Greninja and hit a looot of switch ins, he is amazing, he deals 70% - 100% to Heatran, so if they switch in Heatran against Tapu Lele, you can switch to this and punish that trapping Heatran, you can surprise chanseys, and put toxic spikes to pressure, his main counter is another Toxapex, and you must be aware of it, the good part is you can use that toxapex as a bridge for switching tapu lele and take off one of their mons​

So... ¿How do we use that team?

Leading:
+ You must obviously analyze your enemy's team and try to guess what will he play
+ You can start with Tapu Lele, if you see he has Tapu Koko, then try to predict what will he do and try to take off one of his mons, for example, if you see he has a ferro, you can Focus Blast against Koko
+ Against Lando you can go risky and start with mag, or you can throw zapdos and try to neutralize him
+ Against Heatran you can go with Toxapex, but also with Magearna, then volt switch and enter Toxapex, he will normally try to EP after Magma Storm, so you punish with Liquidation, and it's done

Middle Game:
+ Your goal is to kill his mons, try to predict and enter into his holes, a lot of teams are weak to Tapu Lele, use it smartly, pivot with some mons and recover the momentum
+ Mantain your enemy's boosters in mind, you need to neutralize them quickly
+ Use the enemy knowledge about your team in his counter, this team is not surprise-dependant, but you can also use the enemy's knowledge about your team and make predictions with it
+ Sweep, sweep and sweep, this mons hits hard, your goal is to kill his team with strong moves

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Horn Leech
- Wood Hammer
- Roar
- Focus Punch

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Volt Switch
- Heat Wave
- Roost

Magearna @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Fleur Cannon
- Focus Blast

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss

Toxapex @ Choice Band
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Liquidation
- Toxic Spikes
- Knock Off

Thanks for your replies, and i hope you enjoy

Attachments

Last edited:
Hello ElRompeTeso this team is incredibly spicy. I think you can get much of the same results from your toxapex with a Waterium-Z set, while not being restricted by a choice item and getting a little bulk back. I have used Z pex a bit, but haven't tried it on this team.

Toxapex @ Waterium Z
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Atk / 60 SpD (fiddle with these)
Adamant Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Liquidation
- Knock Off / Recover
- Toxic Spikes

200+ Atk Toxapex Gunk Shot vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Lele: 324-384 (115.3 - 136.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
200+ Atk Toxapex Gunk Shot vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Koko: 294-348 (104.6 - 123.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Tapu Koko Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 52 SpD Toxapex in Electric Terrain: 254-300 (83.8 - 99%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery
200+ Atk Toxapex Gunk Shot vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Tapu Bulu: 336-400 (97.9 - 116.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Grassy Terrain recovery (just showing it WILL kill bulu)

200+ Atk Toxapex Hydro Vortex (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 324-384 (83.9 - 99.4%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
200+ Atk Toxapex Hydro Vortex (160 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 324-384 (100.3 - 118.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

200+ Atk Toxapex Hydro Vortex (160 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Alakazam-Mega: 240-283 (95.6 - 112.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Alakazam-Mega Psychic vs. 248 HP / 60 SpD Toxapex: 260-308 (85.8 - 101.6%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

Hello ElRompeTeso this team is incredibly spicy. I think you can get much of the same results from your toxapex with a Waterium-Z set, while not being restricted by a choice item and getting a little bulk back. I have used Z pex a bit, but haven't tried it on this team.

Toxapex @ Waterium Z
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Atk / 60 SpD (fiddle with these)
Adamant Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Liquidation
- Knock Off / Recover
- Toxic Spikes

200+ Atk Toxapex Gunk Shot vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Lele: 324-384 (115.3 - 136.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
200+ Atk Toxapex Gunk Shot vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Koko: 294-348 (104.6 - 123.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Tapu Koko Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 52 SpD Toxapex in Electric Terrain: 254-300 (83.8 - 99%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery
200+ Atk Toxapex Gunk Shot vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Tapu Bulu: 336-400 (97.9 - 116.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Grassy Terrain recovery (just showing it WILL kill bulu)

200+ Atk Toxapex Hydro Vortex (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 324-384 (83.9 - 99.4%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
200+ Atk Toxapex Hydro Vortex (160 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 324-384 (100.3 - 118.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

200+ Atk Toxapex Hydro Vortex (160 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Alakazam-Mega: 240-283 (95.6 - 112.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Alakazam-Mega Psychic vs. 248 HP / 60 SpD Toxapex: 260-308 (85.8 - 101.6%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

Sounds very good, i gonna try it, i have a folder with many variations of this team, the damages look very well, and im not so good putting EVS, it can also work as knnock off absorber, nice set

Very good team. Using it I realized how many teams can't actually deal with chansey properly. I feel like the team is somewhat weak to Knock Off, but the new Toxapex set could make it a little better.
What lead do you use if you think they gonna lead Tapu Lele themselves ?
Also, the focus punch on tapu bulu works great.

Very good team. Using it I realized how many teams can't actually deal with chansey properly. I feel like the team is somewhat weak to Knock Off, but the new Toxapex set could make it a little better.
What lead do you use if you think they gonna lead Tapu Lele themselves ?
Also, the focus punch on tapu bulu works great.
Hi, yes, actually im pretty weak to Knock off, normally i sacrifice a poke for absorbing it, when i think they will send lele, i send magearna, specs lele is a threat, i normally try to catch it and poison predict, his Psyshock deals like 40% to bulu

Empo

is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 30 Championis the Smogon Tour Season 33 Championwon the 17th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender
hi ElRompeTeso, this isnt a complex and long rate but since I used this team today quite a bit, I wanted to share an idea and something on the team I changed/fixed. While trying out the team, I noticed how amazing it is: it easily catches off guard people with these crazy sets, gunk shot from pex does a billion to everything, same as liquidation vs stuff like tran; Magearna is also something that you never expect, you can rkill stuff and its strong Satk lets it rkill a wide pool of mons in the metagame. But onto the rate, I thought something on the bulu spread could be changed. The defense is of course always good to have, but I felt like with this spread bulu didn't do enough damage to the threats I wanted to lure. This is the spread I came up with:
Tapu Bulu @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 148 Atk / 104 Def / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Wood Hammer
- Whirlwind
- Focus Punch
This lets you KO clef from full all the time, and not only that but also KO max hp torn after rocks. Rest is defense, I don't think you miss out the defense much since you recover many HPs with horn leech every time, so not a big deal, while I find very useful having more atk to threaten even more threats than the other spread did.
Also a minor thing, I replaced wish/tect for rocks/softboiled on chansey, since you lacked rocks which were extremely needed in this team, being it to KO torn with bulu or just pressure your opponent's team even harder.
Have a good day, and great team, I enjoyed using it a lot

This looks like a VERY cool team. I think I would suggest using a Shift Gear variant of Magearna over the Scarf variant that you have already so you have an extra wincon on you. On a bulkier team like this, a Choice Scarf Magearna doesn't seem all that necessary. You're already kinda weak to Flyinium Lando-T & Zygarde so putting a Shuca Berry on the Magearna would give it a better opportunity to set up.

Magearna @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shift Gear
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Let me know how this works.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)