SM Ubers Top 500 Ubers & Anything Goes Stall Team

Storm Eagle

Banned deucer.
Storm Eagle's Top 500 Ubers/Anything Goes Stall Team

Proof that this team has gotten me to Top 500 on both ladders: http://imgur.com/a/vFPat

This is a stall team that has been carried over and expanded upon from Generation 6. Some of the Pokemon in this team were inspired by other teams, but for the most part this team is genuine.

Arceus-Fairy @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Multitype
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 144 SpD / 56 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Judgment
- Stealth Rock
- Recover
- Toxic

Arceus is a Fairy type that I need that's bulky enough to endure hits from Yveltal, who otherwise checks my team entirely. 252 HP and 144+ Special Defense allow it to survive two Specs Hurricanes from Yveltal, should I encounter an opposing Yveltal with that set. 56 Speed outspeeds base 90s and the rest goes into Physical bulk.

Judgment gets chip damage and punishes Dragon and Dark types who try to set up on Arceus.

Stealth Rock allows Arceus to phaze the opposing team over time by getting chip damage on switch-ins. Recover boosts longevity as needed when it can get a free turn.

Toxic puts a timer on the opposing Pokemon especially if they decide to set up on Arceus, or Arceus cannot otherwise get decent damage on them.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Protect

Ferrothorn manages to check Primal Kyogre and put intense pressure on opposing Pokemon that aren't named Primal Groudon. Leech Seed, Protect, and Leftovers all make Ferrothorn incredibly self-sustainable and Power Whip/Gyro Ball hit decently hard to prevent it from being setup bait. I can often spam Leech Seed multiple turns to play mindgames with the opponent. Ferrothorn is preferred over other Steel types in sole virtue of it's Grass typing and moveset.

Giratina @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Dragon Tail
- Rest
- Defog

Giratina completely counters Primal Groudon and it's fantastic for that alone. Altered Form has Pressure, which was why I chose it over Origin and it had more bulk to boot. Maximum Physical Defense ensures that nothing Primal Groudon can do will have any sort of impact on my team. Toxic puts it on a timer, Dragon Tail forces it out so it can't sweep, Defog removes hazards that Utility Groudon might set up, and if the rare Thunder Wave variants of Primal Groudon appear, I can just use Rest after poisoning it. Giratina doesn't necessarily require Sleep Talk, and while I've tried it, I've just gotten more frustrated with not having the other three moves in it's moveset as well.

Sableye @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
Impish Nature
- Fake Out
- Will-O-Wisp
- Foul Play
- Recover

Another bulky Pokemon, and Mega Sableye instantly took my spot over Skarmory when I had it. Fake Out gets chip damage and allows it to Mega Evolve regardless of almost every scenario, Will-O-Wisp punishes Arceus and other setup sweepers that may attempt to setup on Sableye, and Foul Play ensures that Sableye always does incredible damage. Recover boosts longevity which is important especially seeing I can't allow for Hazards to be set up.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

Clefable is special in that it's incredible against setup sweepers, notably Xerneas. Unaware is a fantastic ability and Clefable is underestimated in almost every game due to that. Wish and Protect are it's most reliable recovery options, and it allows for Clefable to not only scout, but to waste the opponent's PP. Moonblast hits Xerneas hard because Clefable ignores opposing Special Defense boosts. Heal Bell can get rid of poison and burns on my team as well as wake up Giratina if need be. Clefable is and always has been the GOAT.

Ho-Oh @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Def / 52 SpD
Impish Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Recover
- Toxic
- Brave Bird

Ho-Oh is obscenely good in both metagames. It shrugs off virtually every specially offensive attack imaginable and heals it passively with Regenerator. It has fantastic bulk with solid offenses too. Sacred Fire allows for Ho-Oh to nuke Steel types and to get burns on the foe. Recover is better than Roost due to Ho-Oh not losing the Flying type, which is beneficial in some cases. Toxic puts the foe on a timer and prevents setup sweeping and Ho-Oh can just nuke Steel/Poison types that attempt to switch in anyways. Brave Bird is the last STAB and it's generally the STAB of choice due to Sacred Fire only having 8 PP. The spread chosen allows for Ho-Oh to get better overall bulk.

Can I have some thoughts on this?

I would go defensive groudon in stead of gitatina so you can set up sr more reliably and i would switch tha arceus type to water and put defog over stealth rocks because you need a defogger so that ho oh doesnt take 50%every time it switches in. (for ubers at least im not an ag player)

Hope this helps

Pigeons

pidge pidge
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Heyo, this seems like a decent stall team (especially one trying to function in both AG and Ubers) but I do see some improvements that can be made.

Firstly, there's really little reason to have both Gyro Ball and Power Whip on Ferrothorn, so I'd recommend doing some shifting with this moveset. The best option in my opinion would be to replace Gyro Ball with Stealth Rock on Ferrothorn and replace Stealth Rock with Iron Defense on Arceus-Fairy. Gyro Ball isn't really needed given that Ho-Oh and Clefable handle most relevant Fairy-types well enough. Iron Defense on Arceus-Fairy greatly improves your matchup against threatening physical breakers such as Swords Dance Primal Groudon, Mega Rayquaza (in AG at least) and various Swords Dance Arceus forms.

With that change done there are also some EV improvements that I'd recommend. The spread on Fairyceus is fairly unneeded, Yveltal is handled just fine by Clefable and Ho-Oh as it is. I'd change Arceus-Fairy's EVs to 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe with a Timid Nature. This will allow Fairyceus to outspeed max Speed Yveltal and max Speed neutral Mega Rayquaza while also placing you above many slow attackers. This will give you the opportunity to outspeed and KO Yveltal and Rayquaza if needed, and you'll be able to use Iron Defense against Primal Groudon more easily if you outspeed it. The other recommendation I have is changing Clefable's EV spread to 212 HP / 80 Def / 216 SDef with a Calm Nature. This isn't my spread so I'm not sure exactly what calcs it had in mind, but I know that the general idea is that it allows Clefable to check physical attackers like EKiller Arceus while still checking Xerneas and others. This will take some of the pressure off Giratina and Sableye, especially against EKiller spam teams in Anything Goes.

One last recommendation is that you try Toxic instead of Will-O-Wisp on Sableye. This is kind of a personal preference but since the majority of your team relies on Toxic for damage output, accidentally hitting something with a burn that you'd rather use Toxic on is annoying. Foul Play on Sableye should do enough to discourage physical attakcers regardless of Will-O-Wisp being there or not and the consistency with status can be important in my experience. Again this is totally up to you but I recommend you at least try it and see what you think.

All in all, pretty cool team that seems decently effective. I do see you having issues with Mega Gengar but without a Pursuit trapper that's tough to avoid for stall. I hope these changes help you, good luck laddering in the future.

Arceus-Fairy @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Iron Defense
- Recover
- Toxic

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

Giratina @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Dragon Tail
- Rest
- Defog

Sableye @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
Impish Nature
- Fake Out
- Toxic
- Foul Play
- Recover

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 212 HP / 80 Def / 216 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

Ho-Oh @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Def / 52 SpD
Impish Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Recover
- Toxic
- Brave Bird

Last edited:
Hi, Storm Eagle

Nice stall team. I see that it is different from others by the introduction of FairyCeus SR for example. That also presses with Toxic to defensive pokémon and eliminates dangerous dragons and dark type like Yveltal. In principle you have everything more or less covered. At first glance things like PDon, Lunala, Xerneas or Lucario may be threats but you have answers like Ho-Oh or Giratina among others. I have never been passionate about this style of play but I respect it like any other, but I think it is about to improve. I like the idea of adding to Clefable to support the team, so it seems more complete. Well, I'm new to this but I still hope I can help. It is very little, small details that can come well, nothing more. Let us begin.

·
(Arceus-Water) > FairyCeus. -> In this way you have a good user of "Defog" that at the same time is Pdon check for example and presses with Toxic. You still have answers to things like MSalamence and other threats. Another effective response to PKyogre if it is not offensive to Thunder. So you are not so weak to Gengar if he catches you, I have noticed that you also have to keep in mind.

·
<
-> Zygarde by Giratina because it also boasts very good bulk, but there are differences in response to Lucario +2 for example. To that is added the PDon itself (offensive version with Eruption, but beware of Hp Ice) and even Ho-Oh contrary. It is very similar to Giratina in terms of gameplay, you can add Toxic and DTail if you prefer. Otherwise Glare is a good option, plus you already have several users with that status. With the cover well to Ferro, with which you wear with your Leech Seed and with which you would keep SR by the way in the place of Arceus-Fairy.

That's all I can offer, in short, very good stall as I mentioned. He suffers very little and I think he may now be more covered or prepared. If you wish you can try the changes. Basically it would be the Smogon sets. So far I can go on.

Greetings and good luck.

Storm Eagle

Banned deucer.
Hi, Storm Eagle

Nice stall team. I see that it is different from others by the introduction of FairyCeus SR for example. That also presses with Toxic to defensive pokémon and eliminates dangerous dragons and dark type like Yveltal. In principle you have everything more or less covered. At first glance things like PDon, Lunala, Xerneas or Lucario may be threats but you have answers like Ho-Oh or Giratina among others. I have never been passionate about this style of play but I respect it like any other, but I think it is about to improve. I like the idea of adding to Clefable to support the team, so it seems more complete. Well, I'm new to this but I still hope I can help. It is very little, small details that can come well, nothing more. Let us begin.

·
(Arceus-Water) > FairyCeus. -> In this way you have a good user of "Defog" that at the same time is Pdon check for example and presses with Toxic. You still have answers to things like MSalamence and other threats. Another effective response to PKyogre if it is not offensive to Thunder. So you are not so weak to Gengar if he catches you, I have noticed that you also have to keep in mind.

·
<
-> Zygarde by Giratina because it also boasts very good bulk, but there are differences in response to Lucario +2 for example. To that is added the PDon itself (offensive version with Eruption, but beware of Hp Ice) and even Ho-Oh contrary. It is very similar to Giratina in terms of gameplay, you can add Toxic and DTail if you prefer. Otherwise Glare is a good option, plus you already have several users with that status. With the cover well to Ferro, with which you wear with your Leech Seed and with which you would keep SR by the way in the place of Arceus-Fairy.

That's all I can offer, in short, very good stall as I mentioned. He suffers very little and I think he may now be more covered or prepared. If you wish you can try the changes. Basically it would be the Smogon sets. So far I can go on.

Greetings and good luck.
My only concern with changing Arceus to Water is being completely countered by Yveltal. Clefable is not bulky enough to take repeated Oblivion Wings, especially if the opponent decides to use Choice Specs. In Arceus' case, Arceus no longer resists the Dark type STAB in Dark Pulse which is even stronger than Hurricane with Dark Aura can be and perfectly accurate to boot. My original team had Skarmory instead of Arceus, and that same team also got to Top 500 in Anything Goes, but every time I had lost it was almost always due to Yveltal completely breaking through my team. Life Orb variants can even break through Ho-Oh if Yveltal is mixed.

The problem with Zygarde in specific is that Zygarde can't effectively check or counter Yveltal either. Based on calcs, Specs Yveltal beats it after 5 turns even when it's Complete and uses Resttalk. Life Orb variants aren't that much weaker either.

I still might try this, but I am wary of Yveltal, especially considering it's such a prominent threat that checks much of my team.

kilometerman

Banned deucer.
My only concern with changing Arceus to Water is being completely countered by Yveltal. Clefable is not bulky enough to take repeated Oblivion Wings, especially if the opponent decides to use Choice Specs. In Arceus' case, Arceus no longer resists the Dark type STAB in Dark Pulse which is even stronger than Hurricane with Dark Aura can be and perfectly accurate to boot. My original team had Skarmory instead of Arceus, and that same team also got to Top 500 in Anything Goes, but every time I had lost it was almost always due to Yveltal completely breaking through my team. Life Orb variants can even break through Ho-Oh if Yveltal is mixed.

The problem with Zygarde in specific is that Zygarde can't effectively check or counter Yveltal either. Based on calcs, Specs Yveltal beats it after 5 turns even when it's Complete and uses Resttalk. Life Orb variants aren't that much weaker either.

I still might try this, but I am wary of Yveltal, especially considering it's such a prominent threat that checks much of my team.
Idk what calc you did because 252+ LO Oblivion Wing doesn't 2HKO Clefable. And Specs Yveltal may get the 2HKO on Clefable but it doesn't on Ho-Oh.

ckw

Tired
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey man,
Took a while to post this due to lack of leisure time. I really like the idea behind this stall team and how you have tried your best make sure that Yveltal doesn't pose a threat to your team (The Fairyceus spread in particular). While I appreciate how you have tried to improve your team's matchup against Yveltal, I don't really think the Arceus-Fairy is necessary. Between Clefable and Ho-Oh, your team should be able to handle any set of Yveltal. Taunt Yveltal usually don't have the power to beat Ho-Oh while the Knock Off variant gets checkes by Clefable and any team's support Arceus forme. Trying to take care of Yveltal this much has lead your team being very weak to Pokemon with Edgequake coverage, specifically Primal Groudon since you don't really have a way to deal effective damage to it. Mega Gengar is a problem as well. The changes to the structure of the team that I will try to fix these issues without creating another glaring weakness. I notice some unusual EV spreads to I'd suggest fixes to them as well.

Pokemon changes:

• Arceus Fairy to Arceus-Ground: i have a few reasons why I'd rather go with Arceus-Griund as opposed to Arceus-Water. By making this change, your team is able to check physical threats like Dual Dance Primal Groundon and Mega Lucario better thanks to Ground-type Judgment. Groundceus is also more reliable than Waterceus since it is cannot be trapped by Mega Gengar that easily due to being able to OHKO it with Judgment. So the Mega Gengar can do against Groundceus is exchange with Destiny Bond which nullies Mega Gengar, making it easier for the team to function properly. Ice Beam will let you deal a considerable amount of damage Yveltal as well. The one thing Arceus-Water will helo u more in would be checking Primal Kyogre but you don't need that since you have Ferrothorn.
This will be the only big change this team will need imo.
Here are the rest of the minor changes:
  • Clefable: The EV spread of 212 HP / 80 Def / 216 SpD maximises its bulk and lets it check EKiller and Arceus Ghost along with the Dark-types that it needs to check.

This is overall a pretty decent team and fills in the necessary checklist to be a viable stall team. The Ferrothorn could carry Spikes over Power Whip if your but that will make you weak to Substitute Primal Kyogre which has been running around quite a lot lately and running it over Gyro Ball will make you weak to Mega Gengar so lets no do that :p
Sorry if this looks to aesthetically unpleasant and good luck with your team!!

Here are the sets:
Arceus-Ground @ Earth Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Judgment
- Recover
- Stealth Rock

Clefable @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

Storm Eagle

Banned deucer.
Hey man,
Took a while to post this due to lack of leisure time. I really like the idea behind this stall team and how you have tried your best make sure that Yveltal doesn't pose a threat to your team (The Fairyceus spread in particular). While I appreciate how you have tried to improve your team's matchup against Yveltal, I don't really think the Arceus-Fairy is necessary. Between Clefable and Ho-Oh, your team should be able to handle any set of Yveltal. Taunt Yveltal usually don't have the power to beat Ho-Oh while the Knock Off variant gets checkes by Clefable and any team's support Arceus forme. Trying to take care of Yveltal this much has lead your team being very weak to Pokemon with Edgequake coverage, specifically Primal Groudon since you don't really have a way to deal effective damage to it. Mega Gengar is a problem as well. The changes to the structure of the team that I will try to fix these issues without creating another glaring weakness. I notice some unusual EV spreads to I'd suggest fixes to them as well.

Pokemon changes:

• Arceus Fairy to Arceus-Ground: i have a few reasons why I'd rather go with Arceus-Griund as opposed to Arceus-Water. By making this change, your team is able to check physical threats like Dual Dance Primal Groundon and Mega Lucario better thanks to Ground-type Judgment. Groundceus is also more reliable than Waterceus since it is cannot be trapped by Mega Gengar that easily due to being able to OHKO it with Judgment. So the Mega Gengar can do against Groundceus is exchange with Destiny Bond which nullies Mega Gengar, making it easier for the team to function properly. Ice Beam will let you deal a considerable amount of damage Yveltal as well. The one thing Arceus-Water will helo u more in would be checking Primal Kyogre but you don't need that since you have Ferrothorn.
This will be the only big change this team will need imo.
Here are the rest of the minor changes:
  • Clefable: The EV spread of 212 HP / 80 Def / 216 SpD maximises its bulk and lets it check EKiller and Arceus Ghost along with the Dark-types that it needs to check.

This is overall a pretty decent team and fills in the necessary checklist to be a viable stall team. The Ferrothorn could carry Spikes over Power Whip if your but that will make you weak to Substitute Primal Kyogre which has been running around quite a lot lately and running it over Gyro Ball will make you weak to Mega Gengar so lets no do that :p
Sorry if this looks to aesthetically unpleasant and good luck with your team!!

Here are the sets:
Arceus-Ground @ Earth Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Judgment
- Recover
- Stealth Rock

Clefable @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect
Thanks for the excellect work put into this, I really appreciate it. I'm not necessarily worried about Double Dance, as you can see in the battle below (it's not long, it's 22 turns as the opponent forfeited when I outstalled his Mega Mewtwo Y) that I can just force it out with Giratina who completely counters it. The problem with Double Dance is also that Arceus cannot 2HKO without Special Attack investment while +2 Primal Groudon can 2HKO with most spreads, but Adamant 252 Attack OHKOs Arceus.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-600242110

As for Mega Gengar, I'm just as concerned as you are which is why I am actually considering changing my set to Ground or Water. Until now, I'll be honest, I've completely played around Mega Gengar. I'll switch Arceus or another Pokemon that's Gengar bait then double switch to Ho-Oh the following turn to gain momentum. Sometimes I'll OHKO Mega Gengar the turn it Mega Evolves too. People will use things to get around Mega Gengar, but I'm serious in that I've always kind of dealt with it. I just let Gengar do it's own thing and play around it. It's not bulky enough to take hits from my Pokemon and Stealth Rock phazing doesn't help anyone on the opposing team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)