Top Places to go at Disney/Universal

This weekend, I will be at Disney/Universal Studios for the first time and have no idea what rides to go on. Do those of you who have been have any suggestions?

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
buy a wand (NOT decorative, functional instead) for the harry potter parts of the universal parks. you won’t regret it

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
disney's kinda lame imo, def no cedar point. rock n roller coaster is ok. theres a roller coaster at the jungle park too thats cool, some kinda yeti theme, but tbh disney parks suck. I marched in a parade in magic kingdom in high school, so I've seen behind the scenes and it's a lot sweatier, grosser, and less magical than one expects. and the park is tiny, they just use these crazy perspective tricks to make you feel like magic kingdom is huge but it's not. the imax theatre is cool but there are cheaper and less gimmmicky imaxes everywhere. I wish they still had captain eo, I always wanted to see captain eo

never been to universal, but heard good things. I always wanted to check out uhhh spider-man

akaFila

butterscotch love
Everest and Rock n Roller are ok as far as thrill goes I suppose, nothing spectacular.

Shame you won't hold off until Toy Story opens up

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
oh yeah holy shit the toy story midway mania ride is the SHIT i love it so much

get fastpasses (yes plural) for it if u can

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
Can only speak for Disney. I'll ignore the water parks for FL, but...

Magic Kingdom:
  • Any of the mountains (space, big thunder, splash), prob in that order (roller coaster)
  • Pirates of the Caribbean is always popular (water/boat ride)
  • Mine Train is good (roller coaster)
  • Buzz lightyear space ranger spin if you wanna rage and laugh at the same time (arcade like game)
Epcot:
  • Mission space (simulator)
  • Spaceship earth (short wait, slow, dark--nice for a nap)
  • Test Track (race car thing on track)
Animal Kingdom
  • Never been on Avatar, but heard it's good
  • Expedition Everest (roller coaster, yeti thing talked about above)
  • Kali River Rapids (if you like getting soaked)

Hollywood studios
  • Rock n roller coaster (roller coaster)
  • Star Tours (if you like Star Wars--simulator)
  • Toy Story Mania (definitely try if it's still open)
  • Tower of Terror (drop ride)

If you're going to California...

Disneyland
  • Any of above it it exists
  • Indiana Jones
California Adventure
  • Any of above if it exists (Toy Story for sure)
  • California Screamin' (roller coaster)

Not sure what you're interests are, but there's a variety! If you're looking for "intense" roller coasters, yeah Disney is not really ideal since that's not their target audience. I've always had a great time though, so to each their own!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)