SM OU Torn-T Balanced Offense

Yo welcome back to my 6th RMT. I built a new team recently and it worked pretty well for me. There are still some serious flaws in this team, so I put this team up for rating. Let's not bother with any more of this introduction shit and move on.

tornadus-therian.gif
toxapex.gif
zygarde.gif
tapubulu.gif
heatran.gif
tapulele.gif

tornadus-t.png
toxapex.png

So I started out with a Tornadus, Toxapex core. Torn provides U-turn momentum to other members of the team while forming a Regenerator core with Toxapex. Torn has a pretty standard USM set of Flynium Z, and I put in Physically Defensive Pex.

tornadus-t.png
toxapex.png
zygarde.png
tapubulu.png

Zygarde and Bulu were dumped in the team. Both benefit from the Defog Torn provides, and are great wallbreakers, Zygarde being the Sub-setup mon, and Bulu being a check to all other 3 of the Tapus. I had considered Sub Ddance on Garde, and Sub SD on Bulu, but after a little bit of testing, I removed SubSD Bulu as it's did no shit to both Koko and Gyarados, which are actually pretty big threats for me team. Sub DDance was great for speed control, but it walls certain Hawlucha combos with the Defense raise from Coil.

tornadus-t.png
toxapex.png
zygarde.png
tapubulu.png
heatran.png

Right here I thought for a couple of minutes and threw in Heatran. Heatran is a great soft-check to Toxapex (which kind of walls me currently, without setup), and can set up Stealth Rock and beat certain annoying steel types, such as Physically Defensive Celesteela and Skarmory, which can Leech Seed stall me and the latter being able to Whirlwind. Here Max HP and Speed were dumped in the ridiculously hard-to-figure-out EVs to eat hits and outspeed defensive Lando, while 4 SpA can boost its moves by... I guess a little?

tornadus-t.png
toxapex.png
zygarde.png
tapubulu.png
heatran.png
tapu lele.png

Originally I had Tangrowth on here, to help Bulu check Koko and non-SS Gyarados. But since I changed Bulu to a more defensive set, a FWG defensive core was done and it was found that the team was walled by stall, namely Sableye-Mega. Therefore I switched to one of the most annoying thing for Stall to deal with, and that is Lele. Lele kills Skarm (Tbolt), Sab (Moonblast), Toxapex (Psychic-type moves) and Chansey with Psyshock. Specs makes Lele near impossible to switch in, and that there completes my team.

Tornadus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Defog

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Recover
- Haze

Zygarde @ Figy Berry
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 188 HP / 140 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Coil
- Extreme Speed
- Thousand Arrows

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Atk / 56 SpD / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Nature's Madness

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Replays (1.4k-1.5k)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-721161260

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-721156959

Thanks for reading this, and please do give me some feedback on the team!

P.S. Don't mind the shitty qualities of my teams!!!

Hey, solid team, Tornadus-T is one of the Pokémon that do really well in the current metagame in my opinion. however, your team is pretty slow since you have no reliable revenge killer which means Pokemon such as M-Pinsir can literally 6-0d the team after a SD. Heatran dies to either EQ or CC and M-Pinsir's Quick Attack after SD and SR damages is an almost guarranted OHKO. Less dangerous but still, Pokemon like Kartana and M-Swampert under rain are threatening. Since your team is pretty slow, SD variantes of Kartana can do their job well, Torn-T being your only Pokemon faster than it, and you know it doesn't take on a Smart Strike. M-Swampert can also spam its STABs, and don't mind if Bulu comes in since Ice Punch is a 2HKO. Got some suggestions so let's start.

>
As I said, your team really lacks some speed control and Lando-T is able to provide that as it's a pretty good Scarfer right now. It also gives you a check to threats like M-Pinsir and Kartana. For the set, I'd run a spread with some defensive investments to take hits from Pokemon I mentionned before. Since you have defog on Torn-T, I think it would be great to run both HP Fire and Stone edge (over HP Ice and Defog respectively). The first move OHKOs Kartana, as well as doing relatively good damages to M-Scizor. The second one is for M-Pinsir and other Fly-Types like Zapdos.

>
[OPTIONAL] This change is actually optional and quite personnal, but I like the idea of Kartana here because the Grass Spam core in Bulu + Kartana could be cool and it would also improve your rain matchup. I'd run something like a CB Set or SD 3atks, but both Lele and Kartana are just wallbreaker slots so that's why I think Lele also works fine.

Being walled by both Heatran and Tyranitar is a shame when using Torn-T. That's why I do think Superpower is almost mandatory. I'd run it over U-Turn since you don't particularly need it and Defog is more important imo. With that, you could run a different spread like 40 Atk / 216 Spa / 252 Spe with a Naive nature, it basically lets you get the OHKO on Tyranitar with Superpower after SR.

I don't see the point of Max Def Toxapex. Not much to say except that I'd just run the standard full SpD spread, so you're checking most stuff and that helps Bulu checking the likes of Greninja.

In case you decide to keep Lele, which is completely fine, I'd just run Psychic over Tbolt. You said Tbolt lets you kill Skarm, but so does HP Fire. HP Fire also does good damages to other Celesteela. Psychic, however, is a powerful and spammable STAB, especially since you're specs.

EVs: 216 Spa / 40 Atk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Defog

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Def
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Recover
- Haze

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 240 HP / 72 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Nature's Madness

Heatran @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Defog

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Recover
- Haze

Jolly Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Nature's Madness

Heatran @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Kartana @ Choice Band
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Smart Strike
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Knock Off

Good luck with your team.

Hey, solid team, Tornadus-T is one of the Pokémon that do really well in the current metagame in my opinion. however, your team is pretty slow since you have no reliable revenge killer which means Pokemon such as M-Pinsir can literally 6-0d the team after a SD. Heatran dies to either EQ or CC and M-Pinsir's Quick Attack after SD and SR damages is an almost guarranted OHKO. Less dangerous but still, Pokemon like Kartana and M-Swampert under rain are threatening. Since your team is pretty slow, SD variantes of Kartana can do their job well, Torn-T being your only Pokemon faster than it, and you know it doesn't take on a Smart Strike. M-Swampert can also spam its STABs, and don't mind if Bulu comes in since Ice Punch is a 2HKO. Got some suggestions so let's start.

>
As I said, your team really lacks some speed control and Lando-T is able to provide that as it's a pretty good Scarfer right now. It also gives you a check to threats like M-Pinsir and Kartana. For the set, I'd run a spread with some defensive investments to take hits from Pokemon I mentionned before. Since you have defog on Torn-T, I think it would be great to run both HP Fire and Stone edge (over HP Ice and Defog respectively). The first move OHKOs Kartana, as well as doing relatively good damages to M-Scizor. The second one is for M-Pinsir and other Fly-Types like Zapdos.

>
[OPTIONAL] This change is actually optional and quite personnal, but I like the idea of Kartana here because the Grass Spam core in Bulu + Kartana could be cool and it would also improve your rain matchup. I'd run something like a CB Set or SD 3atks, but both Lele and Kartana are just wallbreaker slots so that's why I think Lele also works fine.

Being walled by both Heatran and Tyranitar is a shame when using Torn-T. That's why I do think Superpower is almost mandatory. I'd run it over U-Turn since you don't particularly need it and Defog is more important imo. With that, you could run a different spread like 40 Atk / 216 Spa / 252 Spe with a Naive nature, it basically lets you get the OHKO on Tyranitar with Superpower after SR.

I don't see the point of Max Def Toxapex. Not much to say except that I'd just run the standard full SpD spread, so you're checking most stuff and that helps Bulu checking the likes of Greninja.

In case you decide to keep Lele, which is completely fine, I'd just run Psychic over Tbolt. You said Tbolt lets you kill Skarm, but so does HP Fire. HP Fire also does good damages to other Celesteela. Psychic, however, is a powerful and spammable STAB, especially since you're specs.

Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Defog

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Recover
- Haze

Jolly Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Nature's Madness

Heatran @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Defog

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Recover
- Haze

Jolly Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Nature's Madness

Heatran @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Kartana @ Choice Band
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Smart Strike
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Knock Off

Good luck with your team.
Thanks a lot for your rate! I personally really like Kartana as well, and it seems like a good choice, but then the team would kind of get walled by Sableye, since Heatran cannot do much to it, and everything else gets cripped by WoW. Also if I change the Pex to SpD, wouldn't my team be ran rampent by Physical attackers after my Lando has been chipped away?

Thanks a lot for your rate! I personally really like Kartana as well, and it seems like a good choice, but then the team would kind of get walled by Sableye, since Heatran cannot do much to it, and everything else gets cripped by WoW. Also if I change the Pex to SpD, wouldn't my team be ran rampent by Physical attackers after my Lando has been chipped away?
you can force M-Sab out with Bulu, Torn-T, fish the burn with Toxapex, or just keep Lele lol, and "physical attackers" is too complex, depends on the Pokemon and I don't see any that you can't play around, maybe ZFly Lando-t or Kartana

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)