move 2: Tailwind
move 3: Taunt
move 4: Protect / Icy Wind / Rain Dance
item: Focus Sash / Mental Herb / Wacan Berry / Life Orb
ability: Prankster
nature: Timid
evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Tornadus utilizes Prankster to support its team with priority status moves and hits opposing Pokemon hard with its strong STAB Hurricane. Hurricane has 100% accuracy when paired with a Rain setter such as Kyogre, which is a common teammate. Tailwind allows Kyogre to outspeed Regieleki, Zacian-C, and Calyrex-S. Tailwind also allows Tsareena, another common teammate, to outspeed Landorus and Kyogre. Taunt prevents Trick Room from users such as Stakataka while also shutting down Spore from Amoonguss and Geomancy from Xerneas. Tornadus can run Icy Wind or Rain Dance over Protect; however, it loses its ability to avoid Fake Out and can easily be OHKOed by Pokemon such as Regieleki. Icy Wind provides coverage and speed control, comfortably 2HKOing Pokemon such as Landorus and letting Tornadus control the game's pace if hit by taunt. Rain Dance is useful when playing against Groudon and Torkoal, resetting the weather for Kyogre and weakening Groudon's Heat Crash and Torkoal's Eruption. Focus Sash allows Tornadus to survive Regieleki's Thunderbolt and Volt Switch as well as powerful moves such as Kyogre's Water Spout. Mental Herb allows it to ignore Taunt and Encore and still utilize Tailwind and Taunt for its team. Wacan Berry stops Regieleki's Thunderbolt from OHKOing Tornadus and lets another teammate utilize focus sash. Life Orb allows Tornadus to OHKO Pokemon such as Volcarona and Landorus but hinders its survivability and demands running Icy Wind over Protect.

Tornadus and Kyogre work well together because Tornadus threatens opposing Grass-types for Kyogre and allows it to outspeed Regieleki with Tailwind. Regieleki poses a major threat to Tornadus and Kyogre, so Pokemon that can deal with it such as Tsareena, Rillaboom, and Landorus are very good choices for teammates. Tsareena is a great partner for Tornadus, as it shuts down opposing Fake Out, allowing Tornadus to more safely set up Tailwind. Rillaboom offers Fake Out to assist Tornadus in setting up Tailwind, and it can take out Regieleki with Grassy Glide. Landorus offers Electric immunity and can OHKO Regieleki and Zacian-C, Pokemon that Tornadus cannot handle.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Mustash, 510629]]
- Quality checked by: [[Raineko, 294287]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Finland, 517429]]

Last edited:

yuki

Huh? Me? Not this time...
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
ADD REMOVE COMMENT HIGHLIGHT

name: Tailwind Support
move 1: Tailwind Hurricane
move 2: Tailwind (With VGC timer working the way it does, it's much more beneficial to have Hurricane in the first slot in case of a time out)
move 3: Hurricane Taunt / Rain Dance (I guess, yeah, but I wouldn't want to drop Taunt. Maybe slash this in slot 4)
move 4: Protect / Icy Wind (Definitely needs a mention, though you should also explain the downside of not having Protect in this case)
item: Focus Sash / Life Orb / Mental Herb (I don't mind the the inclusion of Life Orb, but not as the second Item. Also no mention of Wacan Berry is a bit suspect to me, seeing as it is the 3rd most used item for good reason)

[SET COMMENTS]
Tornadus utilizes Prankster to help support his team with priority status moves and hits opposing Pokemon hard with his strong Flying STAB. Tailwind provides speed control and allows your team to outspeed major threats. (All a bit fluffy here really, this is just dex info on what Tailwind does. Name a couple partners here and say what it actually allows them to outspeed) Taunt prevents setups from Trick Room users such as Stakataka while also shutting down Spore from Amoonguss and Geomancy from Xerneas. Tornadus can run rain dance Rain Dance to change the weather when dealing with Groudon and Torkoal (Explain why this is relevant - resets Rain for Kyogre and drops Torkoal and Heat Crash Groudon's damage output). Hurricane is the attack of choice for its high base damage and 100% accuracy when paired with Kyogre, who is a common teammate. (Move this up front as per my suggestions to change set order) Focus Sash allows Tornadus to not be OHKOed (True yes, but that is just what Focus Sash does... give a pertinent example) while Life Orb increases Hurricane's power and picks up OHKOs versus Pokemon such as Volcarona. Mental Herb allows Tornadus to ignore Taunt and Encore, moves commonly carried by Prankster users such as Whimsicott. (Not sure I like this: yeah Whimsicott can do both of these, but Pokemon like Calyrex-S do run Encore and both Mienshao and Incineroar commonly run Taunt (amongst others))

Although Whimsicott can outperform Tornadus outside of Kyogre Teams, Tornadus works extremely well with Kyogre. (This is redundant)
Tornadus and Kyogre work well together because Tornadus threatens opposing Grass-types for Kyogre and allows Kyogre to outspeed Regieleki under Tailwind. Tsareena is a great partner for Tornadus as Tsareena it shuts down opposing Fake Out, allowing Tornadus to more safely set up Tailwind. Regieleki poses a major threat to Tornadus and Kyogre, so Pokemon who resist or are immune to electric type Electric-type moves are a good choice. Tsareena and Rillaboom offer resistance to Regieleki's powerful eElectric-type attacks and can threaten to OHKO it in return. Landorus is immune to Regieleki's Electric type attacks and can easily OHKO it with Earth Power. (This is very wordy for something that can be explained very briefly. Try to shorten this down into the sentence about Regieleki posing a threat) Regieleki himself also makes a great teamate for Tornadus as Regieleki offers another method of speed control through electroweb. (I'll be honest, I don't see why this is strictly relevant to Tornadus. If you already have Tailwind, that's usually the primary method of Speed control so I'd like to have something a bit more as to why Regieleki is a good partner)

[CREDITS]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]
Ping me when you've implemented this, and feel free to ask any of us for help in the Smogon VGC Discord.

yuki

Huh? Me? Not this time...
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Same colours

[SET COMMENTS]
Tornadus utilizes Prankster to help support his team with priority status moves and hits opposing Pokemon hard with his strong Flying STAB. Hurricane is the attack of choice for its high base damage and 100% accuracy when paired with Kyogre, who is a common teammate. (I think it's worth being careful here, because this implies that the existence of Kyogre is what makes Hurricane 100% accurate, where it's actually Rain. A more explicit mention would be welcome) Tailwind allows Kyogre to outspeed Regieleki, Zacian, and Calyrex-S. Tailwind also allows Tsareena, another common teammate, to outspeed Landorus and Kyogre. Taunt prevents setups from Trick Room from users such as Stakataka while also shutting down Spore from Amoonguss and Geomancy from Xerneas. Tornadus can run Icy Wind or Rain Dance over Protect, however, Tornadus loses its ability to avoid Fake Out and can easily be OHKOed by Pokemon such as Regieleki. Icy Wind allows further speed control and type coverage, comfortably 2HKOing Pokemon such as Landorus. (So I think it's crucial to make it clear that Icy Wind allows Tornadus to still have good speed control even when Taunted) Rain dDance is useful when playing against Groudon and Torkoal as it allows Tornadus to reset the weather for Kyogre and reduces the damage output of Groudon's Heat Crash and Torkoal's Eruption. Focus Sash allows Tornadus to survive Regieleki's Thunderbolt and Volt Switch as well as powerful moves such as Kyogre's Water Spout. Mental Herb allows Tornadus to ignore Taunt and Encore and still utilize Tailwind and Taunt for your its team. Wacan Berry stops Regieleki's Thunderbolt from OHKOing Tornadus and opens up a slot for Focus Sash to be utilized by another member of the team. I think a passing mention of Life Orb is actually still fine here, but it does have a drawback of less survivability and susceptibility to Taunt that forces it to run Icy Wind over Protect.

Tornadus and Kyogre work well together because Tornadus threatens opposing Grass-types for Kyogre and allows Kyogre to outspeed Regieleki under Tailwind. Regieleki poses a major threat to Tornadus and Kyogre, so Pokemon who can deal with Regieleki such as Tsareena, Rillaboom, and Landorus are very good choices for teamates. Tsareena is a great partner for Tornadus as it shuts down opposing Fake Out, allowing Tornadus to more safely set up Tailwind. Rillaboom offers Fake Out to assist Tornadus in setting up Tailwind, and can take out Regieleki with Grassy Glide. Landorus offers Electric-type immunity and can OHKO Regieleki and Zacian, Pokemon that Tornadus cannot handle.

Very good, happy to see a lot being implemented well. Implement these and it's QC 1/1
raineko-QC-small.gif

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Add/Fix Remove Comment
(AC)/(RC): Add/Remove Comma

[SET]
name: Tailwind Support
move 1: Hurricane
move 2: Tailwind
move 3: Taunt
move 4: Protect / Icy Wind / Rain Dance
item: Focus Sash / Mental Herb / Wacan Berry / Life Orb

[SET COMMENTS]
Tornadus utilizes Prankster to help support his its team with priority status moves and hits opposing Pokemon hard with his strong Flying STAB. Hurricane is the attack of choice for its high base damage and its strong STAB Hurricane. Hurricane has 100% accuracy when paired with a rain setter such as Kyogre, who which is a common teammate. Tailwind allows Kyogre to outspeed Regieleki, Zacian-C, (I imagine?) and Calyrex-S. Tailwind also allows Tsareena, another common teammate, to outspeed Landorus and Kyogre. Taunt prevents Trick Room from users such as Stakataka while also shutting down Spore from Amoonguss and Geomancy from Xerneas. Tornadus can run Icy Wind or Rain Dance over Protect; (comma -> semicolon) however, Tornadus it loses its ability to avoid Fake Out and can easily be OHKOed by Pokemon such as Regieleki. Icy Wind allows further type provides coverage and speed control, comfortably 2HKOing Pokemon such as Landorus and allowing Tornadus to control the pace of the game while taunted. letting Tornadus control the game's pace if hit by Taunt. Rain Dance is useful when playing against Groudon and Torkoal, (AC) as it allows Tornadus to reset resetting the weather for Kyogre and reduces the damage output of weakening Groudon's Heat Crash and Torkoal's Eruption. Focus Sash allows Tornadus to survive Regieleki's Thunderbolt and Volt Switch as well as powerful moves such as Kyogre's Water Spout. Mental Herb allows Tornadus it to ignore Taunt and Encore and still utilize Tailwind and Taunt for its team. Wacan Berry stops Regieleki's Thunderbolt from OHKOing Tornadus and opens up a slot for Focus Sash to be utilized by another member of the team. lets another teammate utilize Focus Sash. Life Orb allows Tornadus to OHKO Pokemon such as Volcarona and Landorus (RC) but hinders his its survivability and demands running Icy Wind over Protect.

Tornadus and Kyogre work well together because Tornadus threatens opposing Grass-types (added hyphen) for Kyogre and allows Kyogre it to outspeed Regieleki under with Tailwind. Regieleki poses a major threat to Tornadus and Kyogre, so Pokemon who that can deal with Regieleki it such as Tsareena, Rillaboom, and Landorus are very good choices for teammates. Tsareena is a great partner for Tornadus, (AC) as it shuts down opposing Fake Out, allowing Tornadus to more safely set up Tailwind. Rillaboom offers Fake Out to assist Tornadus in setting up Tailwind, and it can take out Regieleki with Grassy Glide. Landorus offers Electric-type immunity and can OHKO Regieleki and Zacian-C, (I imagine?) Pokemon that Tornadus cannot handle.

[CREDITS]
- Grammar checked by: [[Finland, 517429]]

adeleine.gif
1/1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)