Tornadus-T [QC 0/1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

romanji

/ᐠ - ˕ -マ
is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
OU Analysis: Tornadus T | Pokémon Amino

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 88 SpD / 168 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Knock Off
- U-turn

The bird is the word, as Tornadus-T has soared back to the top of OU with an old set: Assault Vest! This lets it become an effective pivot with its high Speed combined with its good longevity in Regenerator. Hurricane allows it to threaten Rillaboom and Volcarona while having good neutral coverage against the rest of the tier. Heat Wave is good coverage as it hits Hurricane switch-ins such as Corviknight and Ferrothorn. Knock Off removes items such as Heavy-Duty Boots and Leftovers to mess with defensive Pokemon. U-turn allows Tornadus-T to pivot out of bad matchups and bringing in threatening offensive teammates. Landorus-T and Zeraora are able to handle Tapu Koko and opposing Zeraora with the former providing Defog support and the latter appreciating Tornadus-T wearing down Ground-types for it. They can also both form a good VoltTurn core with it. Tapu Lele appreciates Tornadus-T disrupting down defensive Steel-types and bringing it in safely with U-turn.

Last edited:
I'm going to be blunt - I really don't think this is anywhere near ready to be published yet. Put simply, the biggest issue here is that it's incredibly vague. For a spotlight focusing solely on Assault Vest Tornadus, there isn't a single explanation as to what differentiates this from your standard boots shit; you can't expect a generally uninformed userbase to draw assumptions about a mon and/or a metagame through a simple set, so you absolutely need to specify what this set does in particular and why it's popular. In other words, I want you to explicitly tell me what it checks and actually specify what sort of builds this fits on.

That aside, I would really appreciate it if you were to drop the move descriptions; this isn't an analysis on the dex, so you don't need to follow the generic formula that it uses. I'm repeating myself here, but I'd rather you use that space to describe the niche it occupies rather than spewing out dex info; it's boring to read and the majority of it doesn't add much of value anyways.

Please tag me on discord if you have any questions and / or once you've implemented this @ curi#3022

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
We simply don't have the time to dilly dally on this because it goes out in 4 days. I will be putting this back up for reservation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)