Gen 5 TORNADUS' WRATH [UU]

TORNADUS' WRATH

I decided to build a team revolving around Tornadus abusing its ability to create endgame win conditions regardless of most situations. This Pokemon pulled it off for me in very hard situations, at times I'd need to predict and others just let it work its magic. This team has been my most successful team in bw uu by far and has achieved alot for me. I havent lost a single tournament battle using this team. Peaking no.1 on every single bw uu ladder and maintaining it for months doesn't mean much which is why I didn't put it in the title. With no hail and Chandelure, this team works even better.

I built my teams starting with the sweeper so Tornadus was my first Pokemon naturally. I then decided to look for a suitable entry hazard user, one that minimized the amount of bad matchups I'd have from the start. After countless hours changing, I decided to go with Empoleon due its amazing typing and offensive prowess. When building heavy offensive teams I like to have a core of 2-3 Pokemon with U-turn to soften the opponent up quickly if they are using offense/balanced, in addition to a wallbreaker that works in tandem with both u-turners to smash stall teams apart.

FLYGON + VICTINI + HERACROSS

finally I added a Raikou to give me something to tank Electric and Flying type hits. Not to mention I needed something very fast on the team bar Tornadus who I hate to bring in midgame or early on.

Onto the team:

TAKAMARU (Empoleon) (M) @ Focus Sash

EVs: 228 HP / 252 SAtk / 28 Spd

Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

- Grass Knot
- Hydro Pump
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam

This Pokemon allows me to put pressure form the get-go more often then not. If the opponent lacks a Zapdos or Raikou i will lead with this 100%. Focus Sash allows me to punish greedy Mienshao, Heracross and Flygon users by severing their life energy with a torrent boosted Hydro Pump. The 3 moves are self explaantory, Grass Knot doesn't accomplish much however I find it more useful then Roar. Ice Beam for Dragon-types and Grass-types. Not Zapdos, I like to nuke it with my STAB after it brings me low enough. The EVs are to maximixe bulk vs other weak hitting Pokemon such as Gligar, Umbreon etc. IIRC the speed evs to outpace Hitmontop, but since its been so long I cant remember the exact reason. Modest nature to get as much power out of this, Timid hits like a crippled old woman and doesn't accomplish much.

VORG (Victini) @ Leftovers

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd

Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- Bolt Strike / Thunder Wave
- V-create
- U-turn
- Zen Headbutt

An amazing Pokemon with a very blessed movepool and the scariest STAB attack in the tier. Cushions weak non effective attacks and proceeds to take 'em out with its STAB attacks or simply u-turn out when I am predicting a switch. Works well in tandem with Flygon and Raikou. Thunder Wave is just there as a filler however I have used Bolt Strike before and it hasn't been too bad. I like TWAVE since Kingdra tends to always come and attempt to sweep with rain dance once Empoleon is down and like I said, my gameplan almost always relies on Tornadus not having to come in to stop some pathetic attempt by enemy Kingdra sweeping me. The King Tornadus has no time for that. Standard EVs and Leftovers over EBelt since I doubt that bluff works anymore and the recovery proves useful and can be the difference whether I survive one or two SR switchins. Victini lures in Water types for Raikou to come in and volt switch to continue the volt-turn spam of pain. It also lures in Drudigon and Kingdra both whom Flygon will devour.

IPPO (Heracross) (M) @ Salac Berry

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

Fortunately no-one else really uses this combination of moves and ability on Heracross which is one of the reasons I always manage to demolish stall with it. They think Gligar can stop it cold but their EQ can't break my sub while I can get to +6 with 1 sub left to spare. That is assuming they have gligar, if they don't they usually bring something with scald to stop me only to meet their maker after giving me a guts boost + any boosts I got. I sometimes wish I could have Stone Edge somewhere as Chandelure takes nothing from +2 unfortunately not to mention I usually miss. Overall this mon does its job to the fullest and is responsible for pretty much all my wins vs stall teams. Standard evs and Adamant nature to maximize power output, as I said before I don't care about speed on this as I want to simply beat stall with it, not offense. Also another important reason to let other cc users hit first.

MIYATA (Flygon) (F) @ Choice Band

- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk
- U-turn

My favourite Pokemon in the tier at the moment. CB Flygon ohkoes a good portion of the metagame with its STAB attacks while always making players play on their toes incase I happen to be stall. This is the usual lategame sweeper after Tornadus gets a tailwind going. I love Sleeptalk, it allows me to usually finish of Smeargle before it gets one hazard down and absorbing sleep from Venemoth and what not. EQ is just savage, it flat out ohkoes Roserade, Outrage 2hkoes OTR Cofagirus and pretty much anything that doesn't resist it. This Pokemon forms a nice core with Victini and lures Bronzong, Slowbro, Tangrowth and other fat things which Raikou and Victini can kill or scare. Slowbro and Amoongus are great mons ass Heracross can scare 'em off only to set up a sub or an SD depending on the situation.

MASHIBA (Raikou) @ Choice Scarf

EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd

Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Thunderbolt
- Extrasensory
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Many people lack a Pokemon that can beat lategame sweepers and so they try their best to prevent the opponent form getting up their gameplan off, however I have the best of both worlds. I can go ahead my business attempting to win while not giving a shit about their Sharpedo, RD Kingdra or Yanmega sweeping me. Them at +2 still get outpaced by this menace, not to mention he has some decent special bulk and so can take a hit if needed. Raikou doesn't contribute much during the game however that is only because he is vital in ensuring a secure victory against heavy offense. Helps the volt-turn core and can lure in amoongus, tangrowth, umbreon etc for Heracross. Standard EVs and HP Ice over Grass as Swampert and Rhyperior are covered between Empoleon, Heracross and Flygon. Extrasensory is a nifty tool to destroy weakened opponents without allowing Ground-type Pokemon namely Nidoqueen/King to come in for free next turn. Timid nature is mandatory, in my humble opinion, don't use scarf Raikou if you are not going to use Timid.

SENDO (Tornadus) (M) @ Flying Gem

EVs: 176 Atk / 80 Def / 252 Spd

- Substitute
- Bulk Up
- Acrobatics
- Tailwind

It is hard to say this is the MVP of the team since every team member on this team does an amazing job at dismantling opposing teams. They work in sync so damn good which is why I can't honestly say this puts in more work than any other particular member. Nevertheless, this Pokemon allows me to clean up lategame with Flygon and sometimes even with Heracross. Substitute allows me to stall out Trick Room, Poisoned or burnt dying mons, Rain etc. Bulk Up isn't used often however it can sweep itself given the right situation. Acrobatics with flying gem is devastating and should not be underestimated. I like a bit of defense to tank physical hits from the likes of scarf Flygon and Sharpedo after a bulk up. Amazing Pokemon which allows me to create endgame scenarios on the spot whenever I feel lazy to not make an entire map of how I will win from the get-go.

Anyways this is the team and since it B/W era has ended I have no use for it being hidden.

Importable:

SENDO (Tornadus) (M) @ Flying Gem

Trait: Prankster

EVs: 176 Atk / 80 Def / 252 Spd

- Substitute

- Bulk Up

- Acrobatics

- Tailwind

VORG (Victini) @ Leftovers

Trait: Victory Star

- Thunder Wave

- V-create

- U-turn

- Zen Headbutt

MASHIBA (Raikou) @ Choice Scarf

Trait: Pressure

EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd

Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Thunderbolt

- Extrasensory

- Volt Switch

- Hidden Power [Ice]

IPPO (Heracross) (M) @ Salac Berry

Trait: Guts

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd

- Close Combat

- Megahorn

- Substitute

- Swords Dance

MIYATA (Flygon) (F) @ Choice Band

Trait: Levitate

- Outrage

- Earthquake

- Sleep Talk

- U-turn

TAKAMARU (Empoleon) (M) @ Focus Sash

Trait: Torrent

EVs: 228 HP / 252 SAtk / 28 Spd

Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

- Grass Knot

- Hydro Pump

- Stealth Rock

- Ice Beam

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)