toronto, canada 5/13-5/15

gonna be at international plaza hotel, toronto, ontario, canada 5/13 - 5/15 for the vgc regional

about five minutes from the toronto airport

me Nails RODAN are gonna be there

who else wants to have a smogon canada meetup :3 :3 :3

Texas Cloverleaf ? ? ?

also play vgc etc.

also while i'm there mainly for vgc i guess i might want to hit up some /sights/ sunday evening so what are your ~recommendations~ ? ? ?

list of people who will be involved with that weekend; say whether or not you'd be IN

ME
rodan
idiotfrommars
nails
king uu
pilo
celestavian
megamite

Last edited:

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I wouldn't be there ordinarily but I could possibly drive in from ottawa for a couple days if my work schedule matches up

What kind of sights do you want to see? Centre Island might be a good choice, especially with the weather being pretty perfect. That said, High Park would also be really pretty, though you'll likely miss out on the sakura.

Kink

it's a thug life ¨̮
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
hi I've decided to learn VGC and since I'm one of the few actually living in toronto + drive, I'll help with people's travel plans, airport nonsense, etc. just reach out.

Sup guys? I'm super stoked we finally have a major event in Toronto! Hit me up on twitter if you guys want to know more about the city (places to eat, stuff to do) or even if you just want to talk. Really excited to see old friends and meet some new.

Edit: in, if time permits

Last edited:
I want Mizuhime's autograph! :D

Lifelong resident of Toronto here. Looked up the International Plaza Hotel and unfortunately it's nowhere near most of Toronto's tourist spots.

Layell and I most likely won't be attending the VGC, but we'd love to see everyone else Sunday evening. Assuming blara and co. can finish and leave the hotel at 5:00, I'd recommend meeting up at Yonge-Dundas Square for 6:30 and going to see the Eaton Centre, Nathan Phillips Square, Queen St. West, and maybe even Chinatown plus Kensington Market (or meeting up at Union Subway Station to see the waterfront and CN Tower area instead if peeps prefer that). This being Toronto, the weather may not be warm enough compared to the US at this time of year, so I wouldn't suggest anything either very outdoorsy or that costs money (like the Toronto Islands). Also, it would be best to grab dinner (as one big group or in smaller groups) while we're on Queen St. West/the waterfront, as there'll be a wide variety of dining options.

I'm a bit late to this thread, but I'd like to hear what others think about this itinerary.

Sounds fun, I'll see if I can make it :)

Some things to do while in Toronto would definitely be going to the kensington market, st. lawrence market, toronto islands, high park, and the distillery district.

(I'll update this with a confirmation if I can attend)

RODAN

Banned deucer.
I've booked myself a 2 day hotel near the VGC event so I should be around a fair bit. I'm pretty heavy though so it may be a little tough for me to walk around a lot so I may go off on my own to rest and such a bit.

btw samvgc is no longer coming :(

and i'll be in toronto coming in saturday morning 5/13 and leaving monday morning 5/15, super excited to hang out sunday and sunday evening mainly since a lot of us will be busy competing saturday!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)