Tournament Tournament Randpoke Counterteam Tour | Round 2 [Won By GMars]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Approved by Leo and OU Mod Team | Hosted by curiosity | OP Adapted from the Doubles OU Seasonal

Hello everyone and welcome to the second round of the OU Randpoke Counterteam tournament. For anyone who's forgotten the premise, each week, you will be assigned 3 random pokemon. From there, your goal is to build a team with these 3 randomly selected pokemon while trying to outbuild your opponent! This week, i've decided to not to re-roll your entire whenever an incompatible set of pokemon (ie 2 megas) has been rolled, but rather use a random name selection device to assign you an ou viable pokemon from the viability rankings that is not ou by usage (eg. Gliscor, Gastrodon, Reuniclus). However, these pokemon will be limited to the B rank of the viability rankings.

Specific Rules!

• This tournament will be conducted in the bo1 (best of 1) format and will follow the single elimination format.
  • If your randomly selected pokemon happens to have a mega evolution, you can either use the pokemon in its base form or you can chose to keep it in its base form. ie. if your chosen pokemon is latios, then you may use mega latios. However, if you are given a mega form, you may not use the base form. Greninja is also able to be used in either form.
  • You must post replays. this ensures that you actually used your allocated pokemon, and also prevents your opponents from falsely accusing you of not using your allocated 'mons.
  • Failure to follow any of the listed rules (whether it is the specific or general) you will be instantly disqualified.
General Rules

This tournament follows the general tournament rules, which can be found here.

HOW TO SCHEDULE

Pairings

N01syBoy vs Sir Slaking

@Trace vs micahclay

@Robb576 vs Luthier

@MJ vs TPP

(♀)
@Leo vs The Excadrill
@Indigo Plateau vs Wanonymous1616

@LL vs PrideMustang

(
@frisoeva vs 100 Hoes Kaido
*) vs vso

@Qplaz vs Splashbrutha

@monchooo vs Sam I Yam

(
(♀)
@Eternam vs Lugia Proto
)
@Rainy Dreams vs A
(♀)
@volx757 vs martha

reallocated games:
DragonKnightmaster vs Nuked

For transparency, here is the bracket:
https://challonge.com/tournaments/bracket_generator?ref=tJdPqxYY16
(stupid website btw)

For transparency, I will also notate the pokemon that was rerolled:
The Excadrill Gyarados was rerolled from Mega Swampert
100 Hoes Kaido Kingdra was rerolled from Mega Venusaur
Splashbrutha Gengar was rerolled from Mega Gyarados
A Gastrodon was rerolled from Mega Scizor (no this isn't rigged)
martha Gliscor was rerolled from Mega Diancie (read above)

Deadline is Saturday, June 2 at 11:59 PM Australian Eastern Standard Time (GMT +10)

Last edited:
RE: GustavoYAY vs Robb576

Situation: After re-allocating the match, both had agreed to play their match at 1600 GMT-3 for this tour. Robb576 has contacted GustavoYAY on showdown in order to play the match. However, GustavoYAY has blatantly ignored Robb's attempts at communication. Proof can be found in the hide tag below.

Having to call act on GustavoYAY. I can't stay on anytime longer, and it looks like he's dodging me. (being given the W into activity is a nice way to start R1)

Epic screenshot proof:

Result: Robb576 has been given the activity win over GustavoYAY.

-----

RE: Regrets vs ithrowrocksatkids

Situation: Regrets recently contacted me, stating that their game had been played, with regrets stating that he had lost the game. However, neither player could be bothered to post in the round 1 thread.

Result: ithrowrocksatkids has been eliminated from this tournament, for failing to read the general rules and wasting my time.

I'm a little confused by the pairing, is the winner between me and Noisy supposed to play against DragonKnightMaster before the deadline, meaning I might need to play 2 games instead of just one?

okay, after doing a lot of pointless thinking and crying shoutouts to qplaz and trying to get ahold of the staff at challonge, i've decided that it would be better just to create another bracket.

the new matchup is DragonKnightmaster vs Nuked , using the same allocated mons. So to answer your question Sir Slaking , no, you don't need to play two games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)