Tournament Suggestion Box

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if this has been discussed before (or if something like this is currently in place), but something that could be worth adding is a Suggestion Box for the Tournament forum, where people can suggest possible ideas for tournaments. It would make it easier to see if an idea has merit, and if the person is a new user or doesn't want to host a tournament, it can allow someone else to host the tournament. And if an idea has merit, it can be added to a list for someone to "claim" who wants to host a tournament.

Just an idea building off this, there could be a list of previous tournaments and a brief description of them too.

I like this idea personally.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Sounds like an idea that's worth a try, it'd have to be carefully moderated and have the OP make it clear that poorly thought out or presented ideas will not be tolerated to avoid tons of horrible posts.. but it could bring some tourney ideas to light, and give potential hosts a chance to check how interested the public would be.

And undisput3d, its not perfect (only has the most recent tourneys, may be nice to have a more archive-y list) but it does already exist: http://www.smogon.com/tournaments/active_tournaments

locopoke

Banned deucer.
there was a tournament archive back in the day and there was a suggestion box thread from a few months ago that suggested we bring back the archive. jackal said he might bring something up about it in C+C but idk whats happening w/ that

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
I'd rather people bounce tournament ideas off of Tournament Mods via PM or seek feedback in one of the IRC channels. I think that will keep tournament quality higher (since the feedback will be more expert) and it will ensure that potential tournament hosts establish a rapport with the moderators of the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)