Tournament Tours Plaza Classic Round 2!

approved by Nui

Hello everyone, and welcome to the first ever Tours Plaza Classic! This is an open tournament, hosted through the Tournaments subroom of Tours Plaza! This will be an exciting tournament based around special custom tiers, with a $10 dollar gift prize courtesy of Nui for the winner!

Tournament Rules:
Sportsmanship: Don't be an ass. Not to your opponents, not on PS, not on Smogon, not to me or anyone else. A bit of friendly banter is ok, but please know where to draw the line. Think before you type, please.

Scheduling and Activity Wins: Contact your opponent as quickly as possible on their Smogon wall, and look out for them on PS. You will have one week from the posting of the week's matches to get it done. Extensions will be for two days after the scheduled deadline, and no further. If your opponent is not responding to your post on their wall, cannot be found on PS, or miss multiple scheduled times, make a detailed activity post in the thread letting me know why you deserve the win. No activity post means no activity call. As long as you have visible attempts at scheduling (such as wall posts), you will be fine.

Disconnections and Timer: A timer loss is a loss. No if's, and's, or but's about it. If your opponent is nice enough to replay that's fine, but they are by no means obligated to.

Ghosting and Identity: Don't take or give battle advice or make moves based solely on the suggestions of others, and don't pretend to be someone else in order to play as them. You will be caught, and you will be disqualified from this tournament as well as future PS! tournaments (BLT, PSPL, etc.).

Other Important Rules:

• Games will be played in a format clearly stated at the beginning of each round, please follow this!
  • The tournament will be b01 till semis. Semis will be b03 and finals will be b05.
  • Replays must be saved and POSTED.
  • Matches without a replay will not count as completed. If no replays are posted, your game will be coin flipped
  • In an event of a timeout, the player who times out will lose that game unless the opponent grants a rematch.
  • Do not make baseless activity posts, get in contact with your opponent and report missed times / scheduling issues only.
For all new users, here is a quick guide on how to schedule with an opponent!

If you have any concerns, or would like to signup and cannot create a smogon account, please contact either me, DanDaMan99, or Raj.Shoot on Showdown!

Round 2 is Almost Any Ability Ubers!

This format will require a groupchat to be created in order to play. To set this up, follow the instructions below
1. Create a groupchat with /makegroupchat
2. Create an almost any ability tour with /tour create AAA, elimination
3. Set the tour rules: The command is: /tour rules gen7 ubers, !gen7 ou, -necrozmadm, +Archeops, +Dragonite, +Hoopa-Unbound, +Kartana, +Keldeo, +Kyurem-Black, +Regigigas, +Slaking, +Terrakion, +Weavile (copy and paste this in for ease)
This means that Ubers Pokemon are allowed, as well as those OU and below banned in normal AAA! This format also ensures that abilities that are banned in AAA, such as wonder guard and huge power are banned too. You may have also noted that Shedinja is also banned.

If you need help/cant access this thread during game time, please PM any online Plaza staff member and they will do it for you!

Matchups

Axgwd vs Odd Della Robbia
TheJ3estPenguin vs saba1111
leakeN vs Dj Breloominati♬
sam.tan
vs 100%GXE
Averardo vs SolarflareRo
Poison Adhesive vs London13
Lasen vs MGenius
Mikaav vs Luthier
Karl Dude Guy vs Jacked
Emre Mor 9 vs Hamhamhamham
TacticalFacepalms
vs i want a lamp
Le Sabreur vs A
micoytancinco12 vs get_lucki
trace
vs thepokedude9999
The Number Man vs Stareal
TheFranklin vs Shadowmonstr4

The deadline is Friday 2nd August 11:59pm GMT +1! GL guys!!

Last edited:
I’m here for likes

Axgwd
vs Odd Della Robbia - ax is probably getting a team from someone and will win this, also idk Della person but ax can somehow play his way through this round.
TheJ3estPenguin vs saba1111 - saba hasn’t been on for a while so I’m giving the edge to jay here since he’s been active in a lot of metas more than saba.
leakeN vs Dj Breloominati - spitfire will definitely win this, I’m sure they have have some idea of what to use in this meta for this round.
sam.tan vs 100%GXE - haven’t seen both of them play much but from what I’ve seen they seem to know a few things of tour playing:blobthumbsup:
Averardo vs SolarflareRo - averardo is too good and I think he will most likely get finals unless hax gets to him.
Poison Adhesive vs London13 - pa makes cool teams and knows more of these mixed tours than London will ever honestly. But I do expect a good match.
Lasen vs MGenius - an ubers main vs tour plaza mod, I think we know who has the edge in this matchup during this round.
Mikaav vs Luthier - I haven’t seen mikaav play anything other than lc tbh so I’ll have to give the edge here, both good players.
Karl Dude Guy vs Jacked - Karl can come up with some nifty tactics or sets on his teams sometimes so I’ll have to give him this one.
Emre Mor 9 vs Hamhamhamham - ham plays anything and everything and does extremely well in them.
TacticalFacepalms vs I want a lamp - I thought random battle players only played random battle. Giving it to tactical.
Le Sabreur vs A - aaaaaaaaaaaaaa
micoytancinco12 vs get_lucki - playing wise I think micoy is slightly better than lanturn and uses pretty neat sets and since this is aaa I’m sure he can bring interesting things to the game.
trace vs thepokedude9999 - Trace is the better player and it’s easily shown on the performances he’s showed throughout the years.
The Number Man vs Stareal - honestly, idk. Both of them are probably evenly matched and i can’t decide who to give it to. This match will be good.
TheFranklin vs Shadowmonstr4 - shadow is a fun player so I think he can perform well if he doesn’t meme around.

Last edited:

LTG

It’s always gaming time
is a Pre-Contributor
Time for some predicts!
Axgwd vs Odd Della Robbia mostly cause idk who the other one is
TheJ3estPenguin vs Saba1111 This is gonna be a really good game! Looking forward to it.
leakeN vs Dj Breloominati could go both ways though
Sam.tan vs 100%GXE go Sam!
Averardo vs SolarflareRo idk
Poison Adhesive vs London13 Poison is way to good
Lasen vs MGenius As much as I want Lasen to win and avenge me, MG is the better player
Mikaav vs Luthier idk who either is sorry
Karl Dude Guy vs Jacked Karl Goat
Emre Mor 9 vs hamhamhamham
TacticalFacepalms vs i want a lamp
Le Sabreur vs A yay for A
micoytancinco12 vs get_lucki Probably my favorite game this round, for sure looking forward to it!
trace vs thepokedude9999 Two more good players facing off in a great game, looking forward to it!
The Number Man vs Stareal I believe Star is the better player but TNM is good too, this could go both ways.
TheFranklin vs Shadowmonstr4 Go shadow! Also idk who the other is sorry

Note: these are all for fun please don’t take them seriously

I'm late for everything. Definitely a serious prediction list. Yup. Without a doubt.
Predicts:
Axgwd vs Odd Della Robbia: You can't spell hax without Axgwd40
TheJ3estPenguin vs saba1111: Judging by the most important factor in the match, Jay has the number 3 while saba has 1111. Jay has no chance.
leakeN vs Dj Breloominati♬: flips coin, Santa comes down and tells me he don't take charity from nobody. Uh Spitfire. Why not.
sam.tan vs 100%GXE: Upset lets go
Averardo vs SolarflareRo: flips coin, 50 Cent comes crashing down. Averado cos Aeth is glaring at me.
Poison Adhesive vs London13: With the power of MGenius by their side, PA will win this. If not, should be a great match anyway.
Lasen vs MGenius: Letsgo Soul brotha
Mikaav vs Luthier: Let's pretend I made this before their match
Karl Dude Guy vs Jacked: flips coin. Coin explodes. Directed by Michael Bay.
Emre Mor 9 vs Hamhamhamham: I'm too scared to bet against ham.
TacticalFacepalms vs i want a lamp: flips 50 Cent. He mad. I want to see what a tactical facepalm looks like.
Le Sabreur vs A: AAAAAAAAA
micoytancinco12 vs get_lucki: lant's one of my faves to win this. Sorry micoy.
trace vs thepokedude9999: I like upsets ok? Was wrong but still
The Number Man vs Stareal: Just a hunchback of notre dame. You saw nothing.
TheFranklin vs Shadowmonstr4: TheFranklin bout to be sent to the shadow realm.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7almostanyability-953941765

won, would like to add that MG asked Dan on my behalf whether shadow tag was banned or not, and good game even though I think it would've been a different game because of that crit. Thank you to GXE for putting up with my schedule, for being such an understanding opponent, and for being a gem of a person who I never expected to beat, not in 25 turns, nor in 300.

Lastly, a huge shoutout to MG who let me annoy him at all times of the day and helped with teambuilding and moral support, also one to Lasen and Emre Mor 9 for helping me test my teams. #SAMSLAM!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)