Tournament Tours Plaza Classic Round 3!

approved by Nui

Hello everyone, and welcome to the first ever Tours Plaza Classic! This is an open tournament, hosted through the Tournaments subroom of Tours Plaza! This will be an exciting tournament based around special custom tiers, with a $10 dollar gift prize courtesy of Nui for the winner!

Tournament Rules:
Sportsmanship: Don't be an ass. Not to your opponents, not on PS, not on Smogon, not to me or anyone else. A bit of friendly banter is ok, but please know where to draw the line. Think before you type, please.

Scheduling and Activity Wins: Contact your opponent as quickly as possible on their Smogon wall, and look out for them on PS. You will have one week from the posting of the week's matches to get it done. Extensions will be for two days after the scheduled deadline, and no further. If your opponent is not responding to your post on their wall, cannot be found on PS, or miss multiple scheduled times, make a detailed activity post in the thread letting me know why you deserve the win. No activity post means no activity call. As long as you have visible attempts at scheduling (such as wall posts), you will be fine.

Disconnections and Timer: A timer loss is a loss. No if's, and's, or but's about it. If your opponent is nice enough to replay that's fine, but they are by no means obligated to.

Ghosting and Identity: Don't take or give battle advice or make moves based solely on the suggestions of others, and don't pretend to be someone else in order to play as them. You will be caught, and you will be disqualified from this tournament as well as future PS! tournaments (BLT, PSPL, etc.).

Other Important Rules:

• Games will be played in a format clearly stated at the beginning of each round, please follow this!
  • The tournament will be b01 till semis. Semis will be b03 and finals will be b05.
  • Replays must be saved and POSTED.
  • Matches without a replay will not count as completed. If no replays are posted, your game will be coin flipped
  • In an event of a timeout, the player who times out will lose that game unless the opponent grants a rematch.
  • Do not make baseless activity posts, get in contact with your opponent and report missed times / scheduling issues only.
For all new users, here is a quick guide on how to schedule with an opponent!

If you have any concerns, or would like to signup and cannot create a smogon account, please contact either me, DanDaMan99, or Raj.Shoot on Showdown!

Round 3 is Camomons LC+LC Uber (no Sneasel, Scyther, Gligar or Eevium Z)!

This format will also require a groupchat in order to be played. To set this up, follow the instructions below:
1. Create a groupchat with /makegroupchat
2. Create a Camomons tour with /tour create camomons, elimination
3. Unban Shadow tag with /tour rules +shadowtag, +arena trap

Please build and use teams from the LC Format: This means Pokemon must be level 5.
Below is a list of LCUber Pokemon you can use too!
Aipom, Cutiefly, Drifloon, Gothita, Meditite, Misdreavus, Murkrow, Porygon, Swirlix, Tangela, Trapinch, Vulpix-base, Wingull, Yanma,
Camomons is when Pokemon change type to match the type of their first two moves! In this tier LC Uber Pokemon are unbanned too, so use this extra strong babies to steamroll the normal LC competition!
If you need help/cant access this thread during game time, please PM any online Plaza staff member and they will do it for you!

Matchups

Jacked vs Dj Breloominati♬
get_lucki vs A
trace
vs The Number Man
TacticalFacepalms vs Odd Della Robbia
SolarflareRo vs sam.tan
saba1111 vs Hamhamhamham
Luthier vs London13
MGenius vs [USER=441302]Shadowmonstr4[/USER]

The deadline is Friday 9th August 11:59pm GMT +1! GL guys!!

Last edited:

Tranquility

If I can stop one heart from breaking
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
R3 Predicts (Totaly random Dan...)

Jacked vs DJ Breloominati - I am convinced Spitfire will win this entire tournament by not playing
get_lucki vs A -
We're up all night 'til the sun, We're up all night to get some, We're up all night for good fun, We're up all night to get lucky
Trace vs The Number Man - Potential great game here, but the better player should win this
TaticalFacepalms vs Odd Della Robbia - Battle of randbats supremacy, will be a fun one to watch Though this should just be played in a b07 randbats series instead
SolarflareRo vs sam.tan - Sam and Mg are going to find something broken in the rules and win cause of it
Saba1111 vs Hamhamhamham - The battle of repeating 1 vs Hams, I'll take the ham in this one
Luthier vs London13 - London will get his revenge for not getting the chance to play poison
MGenius vs Shadowmonstr4 - Stockpile heatmor is not here so gg

Predicts:

Jacked
vs Dj Breloominati♬ ik he beat me bc he I didn't bring stockpile heatmor but he got this
get_lucki vs A u cant predict against lant, but it can go either way
trace vs The Number Man from what ive heard Number Man is not good at camo
TacticalFacepalms vs Odd Della Robbia I'm seeing a pattern.... hmmmm its gonna be a fun match tho, 2 randbats players uwu
SolarflareRo vs sam.tan well rip that pattern
saba1111 vs Hamhamhamham 4 hams are more than 4 ones right?
Luthier vs London13 yeah
MGenius vs Shadowmonstr4 the only way to beat him is with heatmor and u can't use him so.....

So its camo lc...
camomons: my fav tier
and lc: the tier I'm laddering rn (I'm at 1482 elo now) and I like lc now so :(
hf all and don't use stall!

Last edited:

Shadowmonstr7

MUDA MUDA MUDA
Okay technically I don’t think anyone ever said matched would be chosen randomly, but this week I think Dan chose every match for a reason:

Lant vs A: both past plaza cycle winners and both are room drivers
Trace vs The Number Man: both of their names start with the letter t and they both brought cool Zekrom sets last week
TacticalFacepalms vs Odd Della Robbia: both are randbats players and they also have two of the longest gamer tags in the tournament
SolarFlareRo vs Sam.tan: both of their names start with S and they both played uu in blt
Luthier vs London13: clash of goats whose names start with L (we’ll see which one takes the L this week, and also what’s with the first letter theming?)
Saba1111 vs Hamhamhamham: the 1 repeats 4 times and the ham repeats 4 times. Need I say more?
MGoat vs yo boi Shadow: LOL thx dan:)
Jacked vs Dj Breloominati: uhhh... okay this is where it falls apart

Last edited:
Jacked vs DJ Breloominati - spitfire is using dewpider.
get_lucki vs A - aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Trace vs The Number Man - trace has much more experience in lc due to being in lcpl and even before he’s played quite a lot of lc and is overall a great player.
TaticalFacepalms vs Odd Della Robbia - they surprised me last round and I think they’ll surprise me again. Mg really bringing the randbats army here.
SolarflareRo vs sam.tan - watch Sam bring gligar and dan excuses it.
Saba1111 vs Hamhamhamham - saba the farmer vs ham, I’ll give ham the edge for this due to being a big tour presence and player, although saba could bring some interesting sets since last round. This match will be good.
Luthier vs London13 - luthier is probably the better player but I can’t wait to miss this game and be sad about it afterward.
MGenius vs Shadowmonstr4 - mgenius will probably hax shadow at the last turn just to give shadow flashbacks during the blt dou game vs boyn.

RaJ.Shoot

Keep It Simple
LCPL Champion
Predicts that will be 100% wrong

Jacked
vs Dj Breloominati♬- Think assassin will prep harder for this game since spitfire is some other tours that might be a bigger priority for him
get_lucki vs A- A better builder but this is also a battle of good frens (wonder where lant will get teams from now)
trace vs The Number Man- A custom tours main, vs a very good lc player. Can't choose.
TacticalFacepalms vs Odd Della Robbia- Battle of the randbats staff, i've seen robbia play lc and they are decent.
SolarflareRo vs sam.tan- Biased towards my room voice and with some help in building he has what it takes to win this one, dont forget to see banlist
saba1111 vs Hamhamhamham- Considering how busy saba is irl, he might find it tough to concentrate on the game and you can't go in half assed against someone like ham
Luthier
vs London13- Another great match up, both play lc at a high level but Luth has been on fire lately so i'll give this one to him
MGenius vs Shadowmonstr4- Obviously mgenius might be favored in this matchup given tp tour form but i always like shadowmonstr's playstyle also i want to mg to lose already and join me in the loser's circle

Ohh boy here I go making predicts again!
Jacked vs Dj Breloominati♬: The best arcanine (Move over fabulous arcanine) is a surefire win here.
get_lucki vs A: WHYYYYYY! inhale WHYYYYYYY
trace vs The Number Man: I want TNM to win this. Why? Cos upsets that's why.
TacticalFacepalms vs Odd Della Robbia: :thonk:
SolarflareRo vs sam.tan: Sam became one of my favorites to win this after r2 :D
saba1111 vs Hamhamhamham: Sabs seems a bit too preoccupied to put full focus on this match. Rip saba death by hamslam
Luthier vs London13: I remember Luthier being a lc god or something. Feel free to butcher me if I'm wrong.
MGenius vs Shadowmonstr4: SOUL. BROTHA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)