Tournament Tours Plaza Invitational Finals!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaJ.Shoot

Keep It Simple
LCPL Champion
approved by Nui

Welcome to the first edition of the Tours Plaza invitational tournament. 32 users with outstanding performance in the room have been selected to duke it out in various custom formats for one to emerge victorious.

Tournament rules:
Sportsmanship: Don't be an ass. Not to your opponents, not on PS, not on Smogon, not to me or anyone else. A bit of friendly banter is ok, but please know where to draw the line. Think before you type, please.

Scheduling and Activity Wins: Contact your opponent as quickly as possible on their Smogon wall, and look out for them on PS. You will have one week from the posting of the week's matches to get it done. Extensions will be for two days after the scheduled deadline, and no further. If your opponent is not responding to your post on their wall, cannot be found on PS, or miss multiple scheduled times, make a detailed activity post in the thread letting me know why you deserve the win. No activity post means no activity call. As long as you have visible attempts at scheduling (such as wall posts), you will be fine.

Disconnections and Timer: A timer loss is a loss. No if's, and's, or but's about it. If your opponent is nice enough to replay that's fine, but they are by no means obligated to.

Ghosting and Identity: Don't take or give battle advice or make moves based solely on the suggestions of others, and don't pretend to be someone else in order to play as them. You will be caught, and you will be disqualified from this tournament as well as future PS! tournaments (BLT, PSPL, etc.).

Other Important Rules:

• Only Pokemon ou and below are to be used unless specified otherwise. Standard battle clauses (sleep clause) etc, apply.
  • This round will be a Best of 5
  • Replays must be saved and POSTED. Matches without a replay will not count as completed. If no replays are posted, your game will be coin flipped
  • In an event of a timeout, the player who times out will lose that game unless the opponent grants a rematch.
  • Do not make baseless activity posts, get in contact with your opponent and report missed times / scheduling issues only.
Keep in mind that every week we'll specify a custom tier with specific rules if any that the players will play that week. In case of any issues feel free to ask me. Well then without further ado, here is the THE FINAL MATCHUP-

As stated before the Finals will be a Best of 5 and since this the finals, we tried to come up with the whackiest tiers possible. The tiers to be played are as follows:-​

1) Ubers+Almost Any Ability

Banlist:
Pokemon
: Necrozma-Dusk-Mane, Shedinja
Restricted Abilities:
Arena Trap, Comatose, Contrary, Fluffy, Fur Coat, Huge Power, Illusion, Imposter, Innards Out, Parental Bond, Protean, Pure Power, Shadow Tag, Simple, Speed Boost, Stakeout, Water Bubble, Wonder Guard

This game is to be played in custom game format

2) Only Berry OU

Rule:
OU Banlist. Must be played in OU tier
Custom Rule:
ALL ITEMS EXCEPT FOR BERRIES ARE BANNED

3) RU Balanced Hackmons (Minus AAA)

Rules:
BH Format with RU Banlist

No illegal abilities allowed

Game is to be played in BH format

4) STABmons ZU

Rules:
Stabmons format with ZU Banlist

Game is to be played in Stabmons Format

5) UU MIX And Mega

Rules:
MNM with UU Banlist and terrakion as well as blissey are banned

Game is to be played in MNM format

Deadline is 27th February 23:59 hrs EST
That's all so good luck and have fun!

Last edited:
With this tournament coming to a close, I'd like to say a big thank you on behalf of us to to the amazing organiser RaJ.Shoot This is the first event plaza has hosted as a room, and it just shows how much we have grown as a room. A large part of it was down to the commitment and dedication of Raj, as the first ever custom tour setter in the reborn plaza. My second big thanks goes to all the players from this tour, it has run so smoothly, and with this being a lot of these players first experience in a tour like this, scheduling has been superb, again Raj has been great in this. I couldn't make this post without mentioning all the other TP staff, MGenius , saba1111 Marination and everyone else!!!

LanturnLight

formerly get_lucki
Two tours plaza favorites going head to head.

MGenius @ Twisted Spoon
Ability: Motor Driver
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
-Helping Hand
-Psystrike
-Heart Swap
-Magic Room
One of the beloved drivers in TP. A favorite finalist for many - respected not only as a driver and friend but a formidable battler in a wild assortment of tiers - a true TP great.

Laddy Monita @ Life Orb the party
Ability: Super Luck
Shiny: Yes
Sassy Nature
-Happy Hour
-Precipice Blades
-Throat Chop
-Swagger
A fun new upstart shaking things up. Known for strong showings in tour cycles and a great chat presence. Laddy has quelled those who thought he would not make it this far and has marked his place as a top TP contender!

Congratulations to both! Looking forward to the battles!! GO CHAMPS!!!

---
Edit: Upped the puns.

Last edited:

saba

მე მოვტყნავ ყლევა არა უშნო ქალს
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
PREDICTS

1) Ubers+AAA
MGenius vs laddy can’t predict against self declared AAA god can you? Unless MG gets team from actuall OM god he’ll lose

2)ou only berries
MGenius vs laddy I really have no idea :blobshrug:

3)bh ru
MGenius vs laddy aeth will most likely help mg, laddy needs somebody who knows bh. Looking at you Mammaluu

4) STAB zu
MGenius vs laddy
I’ve heard mg once stabbed someone :psycry:

5) uu mnm
MGenius vs laddy
I’ve seen mg play uu mnm once, it was bad. Mihawk don’t you dare help mg.

P.S. Zorro349 asked me to play “true finals of TPI” against poison, so keep an eye on that :blobuwu:

Wait, owo. UU MnM
YES, that is great!
Just going to doubt the tier just a bit though, even though it does have the potential to become epic, there are..... 1 or 2 problems with the tier itself. Namely, huge stall mons. I mean like with Blissey Sablenite, Milotic Ampharosite, Mandibuzz (owo) in play, stall is going to be near impossible to beat ;-;

Btw, rooting for MGenius to take.

Predicts:

Ubers + AAA: MGenius
Although laddy monita is quite the better player in AAA (no offense), MGenius has slightly more experience (I think?) in ubers, so rooting for him to use that experience to take it, also coupling the fact that he is an alright AAA player (not a "god" like you laddy monita though). Also slightly Mgenius because Laddy monita will get cocky and choke owo.

OU only berries: ???

BH RU: MGenius
I mean, aether is going to carry mgenius.

STAB ZU: Laddy Monita
I feel laddy knows ZU more. Also, Mgenius, don't STAB people plz ;-;

UU MnM: Laddy Monita
Wait, nvm, mgenius, stab your pokes in this MnM battle. I want a right predict xD

Last edited:
Owo,

i must have missed something. Rip me

Tbh, Stall doesnt 100% need blissey though. Gastrodon Sablenite is nearly just a good mon in stall, and has offensive capabilities. I forgot to mention aggronite florges as a cleric option. Ditto stall will be potent once again, except with some mon switches e.g. mag for florges, blissey for gastrodon, mandibuzz for buzzwole etc.

RaJ.Shoot

Keep It Simple
LCPL Champion
[
Owo,

i must have missed something. Rip me

Tbh, Stall doesnt 100% need blissey though. Gastrodon Sablenite is nearly just a good mon in stall, and has offensive capabilities. I forgot to mention aggronite florges as a cleric option. Ditto stall will be potent once again, except with some mon switches e.g. mag for florges, blissey for gastrodon, mandibuzz for buzzwole etc.
Yea go ahead and reveal all strats so there is no surprise left. The two are mnm newbies so let them figure it out would you

Thank you MG for being great user, helpin out with teams earlier in the tour, and for being a good sport

Shout out LanturnLight for being fave user and helping with testing my teams each round, wouldnt have made it without ur help

Shoutout Raj for making a kickass tour

Others who helped with testing - Karl Dude Guy, Raj, Plimsoll Punks, and probably someone else i forgot

Grats MG!

RaJ.Shoot

Keep It Simple
LCPL Champion
Well since MGenius even wants to.john his winners post, I'll just go ahead and do my bit. Congratulations mgenius for winning the first ever Tours Plaza Invitational. From nearly not.playing to winning the whole thing beating arguably two favorites along the way ( hax or not), it has been a hell of a ride for him. Apart from this thanks tours and plaza staff for helping out this newbie host to get it done in a timely and orderly manner. Lastly I'd like to say that this is just the beginning and many more is to.come from tours plaza. Cya all in the next edition.

MG

formerly MGenius
is a Tiering Contributor
won in 3 against laddy Monita, rly well played!
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7mixandmega-868527671 g1
Thanks Zorro349 (mihawk) for the GOD Team!
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-868548656 g2
Thanks Marination for another Team!
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7customgame-868561489 g3
Thanks uhm… Marination for another another Team again….!

Thanks Poison Adhesive for making the ZU Stabmons Team!
And last but not least (actually was the first one who gave me the Team) thanks to my Bro Aethernum for building this heat BH RU Team! (beat mammalu 5 times :) [he is another BH Goat])

very well played thepokedude9999 ! I never was so excited and nervous before a battle as this time! not even outside of tpi, thanks for that! I rly enjoyed the three battles and your long thinking breaks made it even more exciting! Also rly liked the Chat while playing, so ty to all who chatted funny things and even who joined them!
Never thought I would win this one with 3:0. Thought the user of this series will go with a close 3:2! But the 3:0 still was very close, so thanks again laddy monita for the heat Matches, rly enjoyed them and I rly love you and your style, keep it up man and stay so like you are! Well deserved runner up!
Thanks all who cheered for me and supported me through this whole thing! Thanks to all Tours and Tours Plaza staff who helped out with that and keeping it smoothly running, but ofc we and I have to thank some Special ass guy. Thanks RaJ.Shoot for hosting such big tourney (his first tourney as a host and did it perfect!) even if you rigged the opps for me, you still made it great and I actually enjoyed the crazy customs! Looking forward for more tours with you as a host!
And again thank you all for joining this and even follow this, it was rly fun with you guys!
Thanks to all Tours Plaza Staff, the guys who I hled already above and also some other important guys like get_lucki , Acselsior13 , Karl Dude Guy , AlvusWrath , Averardo , DanDaMan99 and Dj Breloominati♬
and with those two guys I would never be here, my main builders Marination and Poison Adhesive !
Thank you all so much, I love you all!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)