Tournament Tours Plaza Premiere III - The Grand Finals (Winners : Full Moon Frosmoths)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is so fucking stupid

The rules (https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/tournament-rules-and-general-guidelines.3642760/) clearly state that "If Player A and Player B agreed on a time, and Player B failed to show up, Player A or another authorized party must have notified their opponent's team and given them the chance to substitute at least 30 minutes before leaving."

a time was agreed on
Capture d’écran, le 2021-10-24 à 18.37.58.png

The teams very clearly messaged each other, and no sub was provided ( pretty sure Jeran was playing in tours room around that time too but I have no proof so wtv)

Stareal later claimed that he was unavailable at that time. Why no mention was made to ez remains a mystery to me ( especially since they are the one who proposed the time)

Capture d’écran, le 2021-10-24 à 18.41.02.png

The claim that ez was asked to play by the host and managers is technically true ig? Tho not at all what it implies.

As you can see from this pic, its both stareal AND ez if they want to reschedule

At this point, Stareal's best hope is to try to reschedule, so I cant really blame him for trying, however, whether or not the game happens if theres an agreement between the two players. Or to put it another way, the only way this game isnt an act win is if ez, out of the kindness of heart, agrees to play a game that he could just win by not playing. He has, to no ones surprise, not done that.

Again for managers, even if the manager fucking begged ez to play ( they didnt, idk why anyone would think that), it doesnt matter, its ez decision if he wants to go against rules that would benefit him in a gentlemen's agreement

*an opinion by me, even tho no one asked for this*

I have no clue how shit works for smogon rules, but I assume in edge cases ( this isnt one, just to make it clear, this is about as clear cut as can be )
create precedents for future situations like this.

The precedent this sets is basically that theres no consequence for not showing to your game. This is very stupid and I hope I dont have to explain why.

The usual counter argument is that "oh its finals it doesnt really delay the tour, so we can have an extension". Again, this would make sense If the players just couldn't find the time to play this week. This wasnt the case, they found a time, one player didnt show up and no sub was provided. If teams and players can just miss scheduled Time with no consequences, that basically makes showing up to your game a formality more than a rule.

I hope it goes without saying but, in litteraly any game ( or well almost anything tbh but moving on), if you dont show up to the game, you lose. This is not rocket science.

As such, I believe ez should be provided the act win. It might be "lame" or "against the spirit of Christmas" or wtv that means. But those aren't rules, they are stuff that might motivate players in a community to maybe change there minds ( ez has not). At the end of the day, the rules take precedent over anything like that. The rules are clear, what is "lame" isnt. At the end of the day, ez did nothing but argue for the rules to be respected.

Well, here we go again folks. It is now time for the ultimate decider! The Grand Final Tiebreakers! Who will officially be crowned Tours Plaza Premiere 3 Champions?

Lavaridge Lopunnys (0) vs Full Moon Frosmoths (2)

[Gen 8] STABmons + Mix and Mega :
InvalidOS vs Elgino10
(Replay)
[Gen 8] Doubles NU :
Surfy vs Memoric
(Replay)
[Gen 8] National Dex Same Six :
TonyFlygon vs 100%GXE

1635202999814.png

Replays are MANDATORY. Deadline is up until Monday, November 1st 11:59 PM GMT-4.

Good luck and have fun guys!​

Last edited:

FatFighter2

zacian waifu :flushed:
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
grats to the frosmoths, it was an entertaining series to say the least

s/o some guy named Icemaster for giving me the only ndubers team I could win with in this tier I never signed up for
WSun1 dw I dont mind u likewhoring in our server :blobthumbsup: (no sarcasm intended)
thx again to Fc for the help in the poffs the lorb tbolt ekiller was funny

Well we may not have won but I am glad to have been along for the ride, thank you so much to the Lopunnys!!

TeamCharm sorry I didn't pull out the win, but I am very glad I got to know you. You were one of the first people I started actually interacting with from Smogon, even before I actually started going into the community. Thank you for including me in this and I hope for the best out of your retirement!

swinubfan44

formerly TeamCharm
I’m sad we couldn’t pull out the win guys, I take it on me for not being very active the last couple weeks. PokeArt2004♥ Thanks for managing with me I’m sorry we couldn’t pull out the win in the end.

I don’t know where else to post this but I decided a bit ago once this tour was over I’m going to retire from pokemon. I’ll be deleting my discord & not be logging into my smogon account probably ever again after tommorow. Dropping out of every tour I’m in as well

I’m at a point in my life where I’m getting far too busy with work as well as other things and all Mons is doing is taking my time away from more important things that matter.

Wanted to thank all my friends and great people I met on here, and especially the tournaments room you all really helped make my expirence on this site extremely enjoyable. I wish everyone luck with everything moving forward and hope you all have a happy and successful future.

Last edited:

Baloor

Tigers Management
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
PUPL Champion
i was pretty inactive for this tour but i just wanted to say here that is was amazing teaming with some of my closet friends on the site, teaming with old friends and meeting new people. i was a honor to watch people like jt and tony prep, i learned a shit ton from them. i havent talked to ez in years. and it was great going on one last hooray with the church.

TeamCharm you became one of my closet friends on the site in such a short amount of time, probably because i was so down bad when we met lmao. talking to you was always fun and youve stopped me from doing some pretty stupid shit on here and irl. always appreciated your advice, it meant a lot to me considering im a fucking idiot and always seem to have something going wrong. thanks for sticking by me whether it was through health problems or just me malding at mons ive been around this site for years now, ive seen a ton of people come and go but it hurts every time. lame we cant team a official tournament like we wanted to but i guess this will suffice. i hope everything goes well in your future my man, the church will never be the same without you. you really need to get ahold of the alcoholism though.

Congratulations to the new TPP Champions, The Full Moon Frosmoths! As such, they will be handsomely rewarded with these fabulous prizes!

1635839771339.png

1635839801734.png

I've included a video (and an upcoming one soon!) highlighting the things that had happened during the finals of tpp + Shoutouts! Hope you enjoy them!

Also, if you haven't already but would like to, kindly fill out this form to share your experiences with TPP and provide feedback on how to improve this tour and what suggestions you may have for TPP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)