Towel Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
So does anyone else celebrate Towel Day? It's coming up (May 25) and I figured there should be some sort of topic.

So yeah discuss or declare fail.

oh lol I probably should have said what it is huh.

It's pretty much commemorating Douglas Adams, author of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, as he died two weeks before that. Don't ask me why it's celebrated two weeks later. Also, somewhat coincidentally but in a bad way, one of the most dedicated conspirators, Father KOJV, recently died so we'll be commemorating him as well. I'll post links just cuz.

http://towelday.org

The main site for it and stuff.

http://towelday.b1.jcink.com/index.php?

The wanna-be revival of the now-down Towel Day forum.

Also in case anyone still doesn't know what the fuck I'm talking about, Douglas Adams is responsible for 42 being the answer to life, the universe, and everything, and other stuff I'm too lazy to mention.

God this is a stupid post.

Eh, I liked the first two books in the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy series, they got a bit long though.

read all of Journey to the West or War and Peace AND ONLY THEN you can talk about something being long (by all of JttW, i mean the unabridged version, which in english is easily over 2200 pages).

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Who cares what book is long or not, shut up.

I really loved the HHG series, but I was never one for celebrating these made-up nerd holidays (see: Talk Like a Pirate Day). Steak and Blowjob Day, however...

I'm with Dr. Mullet on this one, these books were amazing, almost amazing enough to give up my "no stupid holiday" rule.

Also where can I get a towel soaked in nutrients?

Chill Murray

get well soon jacoby..

I really loved the HHG series, but I was never one for celebrating these made-up nerd holidays (see: Talk Like a Pirate Day). Steak and Blowjob Day, however...
See, now this is a man who knows where his towel is.

Could anyone tell me a bit about the book? Im an avid reader, and I´ve heard wonder about it, but I want to hear some others people opinions before buying it.

Chill Murray

get well soon jacoby..
Go watch Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Ok, you're back. Did you find it funny? If so, you'll love this book series.

If you didn't, you'll probably wonder what the big deal is.

Could anyone tell me a bit about the book? Im an avid reader, and I´ve heard wonder about it, but I want to hear some others people opinions before buying it.
the hitchhikers guide the to galaxy series that started as a radio broadcast before being made into a marvelous (and mistakenly named) trilogy. the basis behind it is how a everyday-joe-no-body would react to the crazy illogical possibilities of the universe.
the humor is quite random, yet well thought out, with a various amounts of random tangents thrown in. i would recommend at least the first book, if not the entire series.

hahaha i brought up steak and bj day last year to my girlfriend and she refused to believe that it existed so it was steak and blue balls day

Go watch Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Ok, you're back. Did you find it funny? If so, you'll love this book series.

If you didn't, you'll probably wonder what the big deal is.
I'll go pick up a copy. Thanks for introducing me to a new series.

The difference between Monty Python and the Holy Grail and THGTTG is that lots of people like me find the first funny up until they're about age 12 and Douglas Adams never really gets old. He's always seemed to me like an immature Joseph Heller.

Diana

This isn't even my final form
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
What is with all these inane days that people make up? This is worse than Talk like a Pirate day...

Soon I'll hear "happy Pancake-wrapped Sausage on a Stick Day!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)