Toxicroak @ Poisonium Z
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch

Toxicroak has a number of traits that set it apart from other wallbreakers in the NU metagame. On top of having a good STAB combination, access to Swords Dance further narrows down counterplay against Toxicroak, letting Toxicroak break Steelix and leave Slowbro and Xatu as much shakier checks. Access to Sucker Punch also allows Toxicroak to deal with faster Psychic-types and Rotom. Combined with the fact that Toxicroak outspeeds offensive behemoths like Vanilluxe, Medicham, and Klinklang, it is a threat that shines against offensive teams. Xatu and Rotom are good teammates that serve as secondary check to Fighting-types as well as Steelix. Diancie can set Stealth Rock and check Flying-types. Vanilluxe also offensively checks Flying-types as well as Slowbro.

Last edited:
Will work on this once I gain more knowledge about usage / tier / trends and etc (which will take shorter than NU Mesprit). Also I want to have my summer too ;-;

1037 characters with space... hope this gets cut down while I go over this with QC. That said, this is ready

Toxicroak @ Poisonium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch

While Toxicroak's offensive stats aren't stellar, i don't really think this is relevant at all, what is the reader gaining from reading this? if you wana make an opening point maybe focus more so on it's access to swords dance in tandem with its great stab coverage combo it has a number of traits that sets it apart from other wallbreakers in the metagame. Dry Skin allows Toxicroak to gain upper hand against Water-types, and notable examples include taking advantage of Vaporeon and offensively checking Samurott. either remove this or make it one of the last points, neither are common at all Toxicroak also outspeeds other offensive behemoths like Vanilluxe, Medicham, and Klingklang. On top of this, its dual STAB lets it threaten Gigalith and Incineroar, both threats that had their viability skyrocketed in USM generation irrelevant information Swords Dance further narrows counterplay against Toxicroak by boosting its damage output to the point where it can bypass its checks like Slowbro with Poisonium Z. While this Toxicroak threatens many builds thanks to aforementioned traits, it struggles against a number of Flying-types like Golbat or Sigilyph. this is kinda barren, the point itself is fine, but toxicroak's primary checks are usually passimian and whimsicott, with phys def slowbro beating it if its z has been wasted and steelix in some cases Vanilluxe and Vikavolt offensively checks Slowbro and aforementioned Flying-types. for this point i'd mention mons like diancie for flying-types, xatu for lix and pass, rotom for slowbro steelix and pass etc, but vani is acceptable, vika is much more niche Sneasel is another noteworthy teammate that not only checks Flying-types but also can Pursuit trap Psychic-types. what psychic types? croak beats every psychic at +2 bar phys def slowbro in some situational cases, if you're gonna mention sneasel the main thing with it is trapping rotom so mention that
also just as a thing i kinda noticed, this feels very "analysis-ey" in the sense that it feels very bulleted one point after another about the moves, maybe just try and make it flow a bit better so it's more enjoyable to read

also since it's prob quite hard to read with the points just bolded and coloured here's a brief overview
- first point should be emphasising the quality of its dual stabs and how they compliement each other
- expand on the first point, commenting on having access to sd, sucker, and poisinium z, and what these moves do for it, e.g z-gunk breaks stuff like bro, sucker can ko rotom lacking colbur, and it can set up w sd against mons like choice locked passimian (cc), ferroseed etc
- teammates
- rest is fine as is

this is a lot to take in so if need be tag me once you've done or pm me and i'll take another look at it

Stan Soojung thank you for feedbacks. It turns out that the spotlight is now (hopefully) much more concise and sounds less dull. I tried implementing everything you told me, and I'd like you to double check.

Toxicroak @ Poisonium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch

Toxicroak has a number of traits that sets it apart from other wallbreakers in the NU metagame. On top of having a good STAB combination, access to Swords Dance further narrows down counterplay against Toxicroak and makes it difficult for teams to defensively handle. like what counterplay? merge this point below and mention sucker punch as well for rotom and co Toxicroak's typing also lets it offensively check notable threats like Passimian and Whimsicott passimian and whimsicott are both some of toxicroak's best counters in NU, so this is incoherent Combined with the fact that Toxicroak outspeeds offensive behemoths like Vanilluxe, Medicham, and Klinglang, it is a threat that shines against offensive teams as well. For teammates, Xatu and Rotom are good fits to serve as a secondary check to Fighting-types as well as Steelix. Diancie can set Stealth Rock and check Flying-types. Vanilluxe also offensively checks Flying-types as well as slowbro, and finally, Sneasel also offensively checks Flying-types and can at worst force consumption of opposing Rotom's Colbur Berry, leaving it much more vulnerable to Toxicroak's Sucker Punch. this is also kinda inchoherent, band knock from sneasel OHKOS rotom even with hp and colbur, so just mentuon sucker revenges rotom in between the point with its stab duality and its speed
apart from that, this is much better, fix the passimian and whimsicott part, maybe talk more about how it can break mons like steelix / slowbro / xatu with drain punch and z-gunk shot, and the rest that was bolded

gjob, 1/1 once implemented

Fireflame

Silksong when
is a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
I might do your other Ubers analyses at some point

Remove Add Comments (AC)= add comma (RC)= remove comma (AH)= add hyphen (RH)= remove hyphen
Toxicroak @ Poisonium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch

Toxicroak has a number of traits that sets set it apart from other wallbreakers in the NU metagame. On top of having a good STAB combination, access to Swords Dance further narrows down counterplay against Toxicroak, letting Toxicroak break Steelix and leave Slowbro and Xatu as much shakier checks. Acccess Access to Sucker Punch also allows Toxicroak to deal with faster Psychic-types and Rotom. Combined with the fact that Toxicroak outspeeds offensive behemoths like Vanilluxe, Medicham, and Klinglang Klinklang, it is a threat that shines against offensive teams as well. For teammates,(RC) Xatu and Rotom are good fits to teammates that serve as a secondary checks to Fighting-types as well as Steelix. Diancie can set Stealth Rock and check Flying-types. Vanilluxe also offensively checks Flying-types as well as Slowbro.
GP 1/1

Last edited:
I might do your other Ubers analyses at some point
Ubers Necrozma-DM-revamp said:
[SET]
name: Double Dance
move 1: Rock Polish
move 2: Swords Dance
move 3: Sunsteel Strike
move 4: Earthquake
item: Solganium Z / Weakness Policy
ability: Prism Armor
nature: Adamant
evs: 248 Atk / 8 SpD / 252 Spe

. . .

[SET]
name: Ultra SD
move 1: Swords Dance
move 2: Photon Geyser
move 3: Earthquake
move 4: Stone Edge / Outrage / Sunsteel Strike
item: Ultranecrozium Z
nature: Jolly
evs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

. . .

[SET]
name: Specially Defensive
move 1: Stealth Rock
move 2: Toxic / Swords Dance
move 3: Sunsteel Strike
move 4: Morning Sun
item: Leftovers / Solganium Z
nature: Careful
evs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD

. . .

[SET]
name: Utility Swords Dance
move 1: Swords Dance
move 2: Sunsteel Strike
move 3: Morning Sun / Trick Room
move 4: Earthquake / Photon Geyser
item: Solganium Z / Life Orb
nature: Adamant
evs: 108 HP / 252 Atk / 148 Spe

. . .

[SET]
name: Ultra CM
move 1: Calm Mind
move 2: Photon Geyser
move 3: Heat Wave
move 4: Dragon Pulse / Power Gem
item: Ultranecrozium Z
nature: Timid
evs: 52 HP / 228 SpA / 228 Spe
B-but I don't want you do be so suicidal

Implemented, thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)