move 2: Overdrive
move 3: Sludge Wave
move 4: Volt Switch
item: Choice Specs
ability: Punk Rock
nature: Timid
evs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Toxtricity's niche lies on its raw power to break down standard Clefable defensive cores. However, while its Speed is decent enough to outrun defensive Pokemon and other wallbreakers like Conkeldurr, Primarina, and Crawdaunt, its frailty and lack of priority limit it from KOing faster threats and leave it prone to revenge killers. Moreover, while Choice Specs offers a great and necessary damage boost, Toxtricity becomes easy to play around and reliant on correct predictions, especially since common Pokemon such as Zeraora, Dragapult, Ferrothorn, and Excadrill can easily switch into at least one of its moves for free and force it out. Nonetheless, Boomburst + Overdrive heavily dents Clefable's common defensive partners such as Seismitoad, Toxapex, Corviknight, and Mandibuzz, as well as OHKOing most neutral targets, including Conkeldurr. Sludge Wave consistently pressures Clefable, which can otherwise weave Protects on Boomburst, and hits Sylveon and Grimmsnarl. Volt Switch capitalizes on the switches Toxtricity forces, providing momentum and significant chip damage against the likes of Ferrothorn. Snarl is a Punk Rock-boosted option to dent and weaken Dragapult that try to switch into Boomburst, but there is no optimal moveslot for it without sacrificing consistency on hitting most targets.

Toxtricity fits as a wallbreaker on balance and even offense builds. Bulky pivots such as Corviknight, Mandibuzz, and even Clefable alleviate its mediocre bulk, as they can soak hits for it and bring it in safely. Faster U-turn users like Choice Scarf Hydreigon and Dragapult pair well with Toxtricity to chip down the opposing team; they also help against Steel- and Ghost-types like Ferrothorn, Aegislash, and foe Dragapult, while Toxtricity helps them against Clefable. Spikes support via Ferrothorn can provide necessary chip damage to wear down Toxtricity's checks in opposing Ferrothorn and Dragapult; in the same vein, entry hazard removal from the likes of Excadrill, Corviknight, and Mandibuzz is appreciated in order to be able to spam pivoting moves. Toxtricity forms solid offensive cores with physical wallbreakers such as Excadrill and Conkeldurr; it pressures Clefable, Corviknight, Mandibuzz, and Toxapex for them, while they can handle Aegislash, Ferrothorn, and foe Excadrill. Toxtricity may also be used on more offensive teams to soften Clefable cores so setup sweepers such as Kommo-o and Terrakion can finish the game.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[kt3, 228482]]
- Quality checked by: [[username1, userid1], [username2, userid2]]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]

Last edited:
After some discussion, we'd like to see Shed Shell instead of Choice Specs as the item. Dugtrio's simply too prevalent right now and Choice Specs sets are quite easy to play around.

Friendly AM check. Only implement what you agree with.

Toxtricity fits on offense and balance teams as a potent wallbreaker
I’d move this part to the beginning of the 2nd paragraph.

Ghost- and Ground-types like Dragapult and Excadrill that can easily switch into Boomburst and Overdrive are so common
Try adding Zeraora to the list because of Volt Absorb

Clefable, Sylveon, and Grimmsnarl
I’d replace Sylveon with Togekiss since the latter is more viable.

Entry hazard setters such as Seismitoad and Clefable
Try adding Ferrothorn to the list

Excadrill and Corviknight
I recommend you add Mandibuzz to the list. Also mention that Mandibuzz is able to switch into Dragapult, which is appreciated by Toxtricity.

Hope I helped! :blobthumbsup:

Rabia

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP & NU Leader
:toxtricity:

[SET]
name: Choice Specs
move 1: Boomburst

[SET COMMENTS]

Toxtricity fits on offense and balance teams as a potent wallbreaker thanks to its naturally high Special Attack, Punk Rock, and unique STAB combination. So I think the main emphasis should be on how Toxtricity can murder a lot of the standard Clefable balance defensive cores; that's the main reason to use this in my eyes. I also agree that you probably should move talk of team archetypes into the second paragraph. However, while its Speed is decent enough to outrun defensive Pokemon and other wallbreakers like Conkeldurr and Crawdaunt, its frailty and lack of priority limit it from KOing faster threats and leave it prone to revenge killers. Moreover, Choice Specs offers a great damage boost, but it also makes Toxtricity easy to play around and reliant on correct predictions, especially since Ghost- and Ground-types like Dragapult and Excadrill that can easily switch into Boomburst and Overdrive are so common. It's not even limited to just those moves; quite literally every move this set has can be switched into for free by something. Boomburst is Toxtricity's hardest-hitting neutral move, OHKOing Conkeldurr and heavily denting Seismitoad. Overdrive hits Toxapex, Corviknight, and Mandibuzz, while Sludge Wave covers for Clefable, Sylveon, and Grimmsnarl. It'd be better to emphasize here that Sludge Wave is used to consistently pressure and force out Clefable, which Boomburst fails to do because of Protect. Snarl is a Punk Rock-boosted option to dent and weaken Dragapult that try to switch into Boomburst. You should be talking about what you'd be using Snarl over and why it's not consistent enough for a full slash. Volt Switch capitalizes on the switches Toxtricity forces, providing momentum and significant chip damage against the likes of Ferrothorn.

Toxtricity's mediocre bulk can be alleviated by bulky pivots such as Corviknight and Mandibuzz, soaking hits for it and bringing it in safely. Faster U-turn users like Hydreigon and Dragapult pair well with Toxtricity to chip down the opposing team; they also help against Steel- and Ghost-types like Ferrothorn, Aegislash, and foe Dragapult. Since we're talking about Choice Scarf Hydreigon here, it'd be good to talk about how it and Dragapult benefit from Toxtricity dunking on Clefable. Entry hazard setters such as Seismitoad and Clefable provide necessary chip damage to aid in wallbreaking; in the same vain, entry hazard removal from the likes of Excadrill and Corviknight is necessary to be able to spam pivoting moves. If you're going to talk about entry hazards at all (which I'm not overly convinced is necessary here,) I'd talk about Spikes instead. They're particularly good at wearing down several of the common Toxtricity pivots, including opposing Ferrothorn and Dragapult. Toxtricity forms solid offensive cores with physical wallbreakers such as Excadrill and Conkeldurr; it pummels through Corviknight, Mandibuzz, and Toxapex well for them, while they can handle Aegislash, Ferrothorn, and foe Excadrill. Toxtricity may also be used on more offensive teams along with setup sweepers such as Kommo-o and Terrakion to open up win scenarios. Yep I do not know what "win scenarios" means, so I'm going to need you to be more specific with that.

[CREDITS]

ding me when done

Last edited:
:toxtricity:

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

Toxtricity fits on offense and balance teams as a potent wallbreaker thanks to its naturally high Special Attack, Punk Rock, and unique STAB combination. So I think the main emphasis should be on how Toxtricity can murder a lot of the standard Clefable balance defensive cores; that's the main reason to use this in my eyes. I also agree that you probably should move talk of team archetypes into the second paragraph. However, while its Speed is decent enough to outrun defensive Pokemon and other wallbreakers like Conkeldurr and Crawdaunt, its frailty and lack of priority limit it from KOing faster threats and leave it prone to revenge killers. Moreover, Choice Specs offers a great damage boost, but it also makes Toxtricity easy to play around and reliant on correct predictions, especially since Ghost- and Ground-types like Dragapult and Excadrill that can easily switch into Boomburst and Overdrive are so common. It's not even limited to just those moves; quite literally every move this set has can be switched into for free by something. Boomburst is Toxtricity's hardest-hitting neutral move, OHKOing Conkeldurr and heavily denting Seismitoad. Overdrive hits Toxapex, Corviknight, and Mandibuzz, while Sludge Wave covers for Clefable, Sylveon, and Grimmsnarl. It'd be better to emphasize here that Sludge Wave is used to consistently pressure and force out Clefable, which Boomburst fails to do because of Protect. Snarl is a Punk Rock-boosted option to dent and weaken Dragapult that try to switch into Boomburst. You should be talking about what you'd be using Snarl over and why it's not consistent enough for a full slash. Volt Switch capitalizes on the switches Toxtricity forces, providing momentum and significant chip damage against the likes of Ferrothorn.

Toxtricity's mediocre bulk can be alleviated by bulky pivots such as Corviknight and Mandibuzz, soaking hits for it and bringing it in safely. Faster U-turn users like Hydreigon and Dragapult pair well with Toxtricity to chip down the opposing team; they also help against Steel- and Ghost-types like Ferrothorn, Aegislash, and foe Dragapult. Since we're talking about Choice Scarf Hydreigon here, it'd be good to talk about how it and Dragapult benefit from Toxtricity dunking on Clefable. Entry hazard setters such as Seismitoad and Clefable provide necessary chip damage to aid in wallbreaking; in the same vain, entry hazard removal from the likes of Excadrill and Corviknight is necessary to be able to spam pivoting moves. If you're going to talk about entry hazards at all (which I'm not overly convinced is necessary here,) I'd talk about Spikes instead. They're particularly good at wearing down several of the common Toxtricity pivots, including opposing Ferrothorn and Dragapult. Toxtricity forms solid offensive cores with physical wallbreakers such as Excadrill and Conkeldurr; it pummels through Corviknight, Mandibuzz, and Toxapex well for them, while they can handle Aegislash, Ferrothorn, and foe Excadrill. Toxtricity may also be used on more offensive teams along with setup sweepers such as Kommo-o and Terrakion to open up win scenarios. Yep I do not know what "win scenarios" means, so I'm going to need you to be more specific with that.

[CREDITS]

ding me when done
Rabia done, I think hehe.

Rabia

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP & NU Leader
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Toxtricity's niche lies on its raw power to break down standard Clefable defensive cores thanks to its naturally high Special Attack, Punk Rock, and unique STAB combination. I don't think you need to specify its STAB attacks here given Boomburst is a huge part of the equation too, letting Toxtricity have a way to smash Seismitoad. However, while its Speed is decent enough to outrun defensive Pokemon and other wallbreakers like Conkeldurr and Crawdaunt, its frailty and lack of priority limit it from KOing faster threats and leave it prone to revenge killers. Moreover, while Choice Specs offers a great and necessary damage boost, Toxtricity becomes easy to play around and reliant on correct predictions, especially since common Pokemon such as Zeraora, Dragapult, Ferrothorn, and Excadrill can easily switch into at least one of its moves for free and force it out. Nonetheless, Boomburst + Overdrive heavily dents Clefable's common defensive partners such as Seismitoad, Toxapex, Corviknight, and Mandibuzz, as well as OHKOing most neutral targets, including Conkeldurr. Sludge Wave consistently pressures Clefable, which can otherwise weave Protects on Boomburst, and hits Sylveon and Grimmsnarl. Volt Switch capitalizes on the switches Toxtricity forces, providing momentum and significant chip damage against the likes of Ferrothorn. Snarl is a Punk Rock-boosted option to dent and weaken Dragapult that try to switch into Boomburst, but there is no optimal moveslot for it without sacrificing consistency on hitting most targets.

Toxtricity fits as a wallbreaker on balance and even offense builds. Bulky pivots such as Corviknight, Mandibuzz, and even Clefable alleviate its mediocre bulk, as they can soak hits for it and bring it in safely. Faster U-turn users like Choice Scarf Hydreigon and Dragapult pair well with Toxtricity to chip down the opposing team; they also help against Steel- and Ghost-types like Ferrothorn, Aegislash, and foe Dragapult, while Toxtricity helps them against Clefable. Spikes support via Ferrothorn can provide necessary chip damage to wear down Toxtricity's checks in opposing Ferrothorn and Dragapult; in the same vain vein, entry hazard removal from the likes of Excadrill, Corviknight, and Mandibuzz is appreciated in order to be able to spam pivoting moves. Toxtricity forms solid offensive cores with physical wallbreakers such as Excadrill and Conkeldurr; it pressures Clefable, Corviknight, Mandibuzz, and Toxapex for them, while they can handle Aegislash, Ferrothorn, and foe Excadrill. Toxtricity may also be used on more offensive teams to soften Clefable cores so setup sweepers such as Kommo-o and Terrakion can finish the game.

[CREDITS]

qc 1/2 when done

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Toxtricity's niche lies on its raw power to break down standard Clefable defensive cores thanks to its naturally high Special Attack, Punk Rock, and unique STAB combination. I don't think you need to specify its STAB attacks here given Boomburst is a huge part of the equation too, letting Toxtricity have a way to smash Seismitoad. However, while its Speed is decent enough to outrun defensive Pokemon and other wallbreakers like Conkeldurr and Crawdaunt, its frailty and lack of priority limit it from KOing faster threats and leave it prone to revenge killers. Moreover, while Choice Specs offers a great and necessary damage boost, Toxtricity becomes easy to play around and reliant on correct predictions, especially since common Pokemon such as Zeraora, Dragapult, Ferrothorn, and Excadrill can easily switch into at least one of its moves for free and force it out. Nonetheless, Boomburst + Overdrive heavily dents Clefable's common defensive partners such as Seismitoad, Toxapex, Corviknight, and Mandibuzz, as well as OHKOing most neutral targets, including Conkeldurr. Sludge Wave consistently pressures Clefable, which can otherwise weave Protects on Boomburst, and hits Sylveon and Grimmsnarl. Volt Switch capitalizes on the switches Toxtricity forces, providing momentum and significant chip damage against the likes of Ferrothorn. Snarl is a Punk Rock-boosted option to dent and weaken Dragapult that try to switch into Boomburst, but there is no optimal moveslot for it without sacrificing consistency on hitting most targets.

Toxtricity fits as a wallbreaker on balance and even offense builds. Bulky pivots such as Corviknight, Mandibuzz, and even Clefable alleviate its mediocre bulk, as they can soak hits for it and bring it in safely. Faster U-turn users like Choice Scarf Hydreigon and Dragapult pair well with Toxtricity to chip down the opposing team; they also help against Steel- and Ghost-types like Ferrothorn, Aegislash, and foe Dragapult, while Toxtricity helps them against Clefable. Spikes support via Ferrothorn can provide necessary chip damage to wear down Toxtricity's checks in opposing Ferrothorn and Dragapult; in the same vain vein, entry hazard removal from the likes of Excadrill, Corviknight, and Mandibuzz is appreciated in order to be able to spam pivoting moves. Toxtricity forms solid offensive cores with physical wallbreakers such as Excadrill and Conkeldurr; it pressures Clefable, Corviknight, Mandibuzz, and Toxapex for them, while they can handle Aegislash, Ferrothorn, and foe Excadrill. Toxtricity may also be used on more offensive teams to soften Clefable cores so setup sweepers such as Kommo-o and Terrakion can finish the game.

[CREDITS]

qc 1/2 when done
did this ty :). all my life, i've been saying in the same vain > vein. you learn something new everyday.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Not QC so they might disagree, but I think it's worth mentioning that Overdrive can hit through Primarina's Sub, which is especially notable bc Toxtricity is faster, can take a +1 Scald from full health in a pinch, and will almost always OHKO if Primarina hasn't amassed any Calm Minds yet.
all my life, i've been saying in the same vain > vein. you learn something new everyday.
vein = blood vein, rock vein, metaphorical vein
vain = has a high opinion of oneself, vanity
vane = weather vane

I used to make this mistake all the time hahaha

Reactions: kt3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)