move 2: Boomburst
move 3: Overdrive
move 4: Drain Punch
item: Life Orb
ability: Punk Rock
nature: Rash
evs: 144 Atk / 148 SpA / 216 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Toxtricity is a deadly wallbreaker capable of breaking past common stalwarts in balance and stall builds, eliminating foes such as Toxapex, Skarmory, and Corviknight. It is best used on hyper offense teams as a way of breaking common defensive cores through a mix of unstoppable Boombursts and well predicted coverage. The main thing setting Toxtricity apart from other Electric-types is its access to Boomburst, which lets it hit Electric-resistant and Electric-immune switch-ins for high damage, notably Tangrowth, Hippowdon, and Gastrodon. Toxtricity's typing also grants it immunities to both paralysis and poison, giving it plenty of opportunities to switch in and set up against the likes of Clefable's Thunder Wave and Blissey's Toxic. The combination of Shift Gear and Drain Punch allows Toxtricity to secure a comfortable 2HKO on Blissey while fully restoring its HP. Despite Toxtricity's effectiveness as a wallbreaker, it is fairly slow prior to a boost and very easy to 2HKO. Ghost-types like Dragapult and Aegislash generally make using Toxtricity much more prediction-reliant, as they punish spamming Boomburst.

144 Attack EVs allow Toxtricity to secure an OHKO on Excadrill with a +1 Life Orb-boosted Drain Punch. 216 Speed EVs help Toxtricity to outspeed and KO Bisharp; if this is not deemed necessary, 176 Speed and 188 Special Attack EVs maximize Boomburst's and Overdrive's power while letting it outspeed Jolly Crawdaunt. Life Orb is necessary to help Toxtricity secure OHKOs on Excadrill as well as Rillaboom and Quagsire after Stealth Rock and it immediately pressures bulkier switch-ins such as Hippowdon and Toxapex.

Suicide lead Mew is a good partner on hyper offense teams due to its capacity to reliably set up Stealth Rock and potentially layers of Spikes, which punishes the switch-ins Toxtricity constantly forces in and helps secure more KOs. This also forces Defoggers to come in, giving Toxtricity a free opportunity to set up against the likes of Corviknight and Mandibuzz. Rillaboom is a standout partner for Toxtricity due to its ability to switch into threatening Ground-types like Excadrill and Hippowdon. Toxtricity can take advantage of Rillaboom's counters, namely Skarmory, Corviknight, and bulky Grass-types like Amoonguss and Tangrowth that are 2HKOed and OHKOed by Boomburst, respectively. Primarina handles rain teams well and can also act as a means of dealing with Urshifu-S; it appreciates Toxtricity's ability to handle Toxapex and Blissey for it. Volcarona likes Toxtricity's ability to deal with Blissey, which allows it to forego Safeguard in favor of a flavorful coverage option. Bulk Up Urshifu-S is another great partner to Shift Gear Toxtricity; early- or mid-game, one of the pair can rip holes in the opposing team, leaving the other to clean off whatever is left mid- or late-game.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[The Ozymandias, 209953]]
- Quality checked by: [[Finchinator, 114198], [Jordy, 395754]]
- Grammar checked by: [[deetah, 297659]]

Last edited by a moderator:

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Thanks for reaching out!

The first paragraph does a great job capturing the essence of the set. It's clear you understand the purpose of what it is supposed to accomplish and I like how you convey it.

144 Attack EVs allows you to OHKO 0 HP/0 Def Excadrill with +1 Drain Punch while being fast enough to outspeed th unboosted metagame and Scarf Togekiss at after a Shift Gear. 216 Speed EVs lets you outspeed and KO Bisharp and Tyranitar with Drain Punch, you can also outspeed Kommo-O and Aegislash and do 59-69% with Overdrive to the latter.
I like what you are going for here, but there is a bit of misinformation in the middle. You do not KO Tyranitar with Drain Punch (in fact, max HP Tyranitar never dies after SR to +0 Drain Punch with the LO boost). I also would not mention Kommo-O as offensive variants are quicker and some are running Soundproof on the ladder, which can shut down Toxtricity regardless. Perhaps just include Bisharp for the former and Aegislash for the latter here.

I'd also mention in the end how a Ghost type like Aegislash can force specific prediction and make Toxtricity usage more challenging.

Rest seems fine I think, 1/2

Thanks for reaching out!

The first paragraph does a great job capturing the essence of the set. It's clear you understand the purpose of what it is supposed to accomplish and I like how you convey it.

I like what you are going for here, but there is a bit of misinformation in the middle. You do not KO Tyranitar with Drain Punch (in fact, max HP Tyranitar never dies after SR to +0 Drain Punch with the LO boost). I also would not mention Kommo-O as offensive variants are quicker and some are running Soundproof on the ladder, which can shut down Toxtricity regardless. Perhaps just include Bisharp for the former and Aegislash for the latter here.

I'd also mention in the end how a Ghost type like Aegislash can force specific prediction and make Toxtricity usage more challenging.

Rest seems fine I think, 1/2
Thank you for responding to this so quickly! I believe I have addressed everything you've mentioned.

Hey, this is going to need a bit of work. This does not follow the current format that we are using for analyses closely enough. It is far too verbose and notes a lot of irrelevant details. Make sure stuff like [SET], [SET COMMENTS], and the credits are implemented too.
Hey I removed some of the heinously extraneous details like the specifics of the Aegislash matchup and why Amped Up over Low Key. The rest imo seems quite important to understanding Toxtricity with respect to the current metagame. If you feel anything is still too loquacious, do address specifically.

EDIT: saw the response below and will edit accordingly.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Hey, this is going to need a bit of work. This does not follow the current format that we are using for analyses closely enough. It is far too verbose and notes a lot of irrelevant details. Make sure stuff like [SET], [SET COMMENTS], and the credits are implemented too.
My b, forgot about formatting stuff. Given this, I'd probably cut out the last paragraph, for what it is worth. It offers good insight, but it seems far less necessary to highlighting the set itself. I would also group the first two paragraphs and probably cut out the part about cruciaul resistances like Body Press and Moonblast as it is a given. If we want it a bit more brief, you can explain the calcs without giving exact percentages and remove excessive stuff like the Volcarona message.

The format issues he discusses above can also be based off of the template Jordy hyperlinked, so those are a quick fix.

Let me know if it's okay now, I imagine some aspects of the team synergy section/Life Orb over Throat Spray might be a bit too specific for a guide like this.

Going to leave some thoughts on how to reformat this and information thats given in the analysis. Make sure it still flows nicely after removing that information.

comments in purple things to add in green things to remove in red
[SET]
name: Shift Gear
move 1: Shift Gear

[SET COMMENTS]
Toxtricity is a deadly anti-metagame wallbreaker capable of utilizing its Punk Rock boosted moves to break past common stalwarts in balance and stall builds, crucially OHKOing all variants of Toxapex, Skarmory, and Corviknight with Overdrive. The wording can definitely be somewhat simplified here too. Toxtricity is primarily used on Balance and Hyper Offense teams as a way of breaking common defensive cores through a mix of powerful, indiscriminate Boombursts and well predicted coverage. The thing about what teams it fits on is pretty out of place. You basically noted that it's a strong wallbreaker in the first sentence already and there's no need to repeat it. An explicit mention of Boomburst overwhelming common Electric-resistant and Electric-immune Pokemon is absolutely crucial and a big part of what makes Toxtricity so potent when compared to other Electric-types. Be aware that a neutral Boomburst is stronger than a STAB neutral Overdrive. We know. Toxtricity's typing grants it immunities to both Thunder Wave and Toxic giving it plenty of switch-in and set-up opportunities. You can definitely be a little more specific here. Setup opportunities against what type of Pokemon? Name a couple of relevant examples like Clefable and Blissey. Crucial to this build is the combination of Shift Gear and Drain Punch, which after just one boost allows you to comfortably 2HKO Blissey while fully restoring your HP and potentially smacking a predicted switch-in with either Boomburst or Overdrive. The latter part of this sentence really doesn't make sense. Saying it's "crucial to this build" is also fluff. We try not to use fluff; just explain what the combination of Drain Punch and Shift Gear does.

144 Attack EVs allows you to OHKO 0 HP/0 Def Excadrill with +1 Drain Punch. 0 HP / 0 Def EVs is the norm on Excadrill so there's no need to specify that. Also, don't refer to Pokemon as "you". 216 Speed EVs lets you outspeed and OHKO Bisharp with Drain Punch; if this is not deemed necessary, 112 Speed and 252 SpA maximizes Boomburst and Overdrive's power while still allowing you to outspeed the unboosted metagame after a Shift Gear. There's no need to specify Drain Punch; Overdrive OHKOes too, even if it may not be the optimal play to make. Life Orb is chosen over Throat Spray to allow Toxtricity to constantly and immediately have access to hard hitting attacks without sacrificing its ability to switch into and threaten defensive Pokemon. This doesn't tell me anything of significance. Don't even mention Throat Spray. I want to know specifically why Life Orb is important. What key KOes does it enable? Note the OHKO on Excadrill with Drain Punch and guaranteed OHKO on Rillaboom after Stealth Rock. Definitely mention that it's much more punishing for Pokemon like Hippowdon and Quagsire to switch into Toxtricity when it's backed up by a Life Orb; they can be KOed from a notably higher percentage.

For the record, this paragraph can be merged into the above paragraph.

Rillaboom is a standout partner for Toxtricity due to its ability to switch into threatening ground types like Excadrill and Hippowdon. Implicitly, the fear of Rillaboom in the back switching in for free also allows Toxtricity to play more liberally and potentially Boomburst on predicted Stealth Rock, Rapid Spin, or Slack Off turns. Isn't specific enough and doesn't actually tell users something that's worthwhile. Toxtricity helps Rillaboom deal with problematic counters such as the aforementioned Skarmory and Corviknight; bulky Grass types like Amoonguss and Tangrowth are 2HKO'd and OHKO'd respectively by Boomburst. It doesn't help Rillaboom deal with problematic counters, it simply takes advantage of counters. That's a key difference in wording. Gastrodon and specially defensive Excadrill are fantastic partners due to their ability to deal with Dragapult, who is only 2HKO'd by Life Orb Overdrive after Stealth Rocks, specially defensive Excadrill in particular is good due to its ability set up Stealth Rocks and thus punish the switches Toxtricity forces. Excadrill can also deal with physical variants of Dragapult while Storm Drain Gastrodon helps deal with Toxtricity's susceptibility to Rain offense. Both are very mediocre Dragapult checks and I'm pretty confused by the suggestion of these Pokemon; neither really fits onto the hyper offensive teams that Toxtricity finds itself on. Primarina similarly handles Rain well and can also act as a means of dealing with Urshifu, it appreciates Toxtricity's ability to handle Toxapex and Blissey.

I would like to see a mention of the fact that Toxtricity fits best on hyper offensive teams at the start of this paragraph. Mew is notably missing as a partner; it's a solid lead on hyper offensive teams and Spikes can wear down checks to Toxtricity very quickly. I would like to see a mention of Volcarona and Bulk Up Urshifu too.

Toxtricity is fairly slow prior to a boost and very easy to 2HKO. Ghost types generally make using Toxtricity much more prediction reliant as one wrong Boomburst can court a threat that can immediately force Toxtricity out and sacrifice a lot of momentum crucial to the teams Toxtricity normally finds itself on. This is not the place to talk about flaws. Do so in the first paragraph. After mentioning what Toxtricity generally achieves, you could then go ahead and mention some of its drawbacks. Make sure the wording is more intuitive than this though.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[username1, userid1]]
- Quality checked by: [[username1, userid1], [username2, userid2]]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]
Let me know once this is implemented.

Going to leave some thoughts on how to reformat this and information thats given in the analysis. Make sure it still flows nicely after removing that information.

comments in purple things to add in green things to remove in red

Let me know once this is implemented.
Addressed, thank you so much for the line-by-line edits it really helps me understand the expectations for narrative. Let me know if I missed anything or if anything feels extraneous still.

On another note, I feel you would really hate the people who wrote Gen 4's epic poem-esque analyses.

comments in purple, things to add in green, things to remove in red
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Toxtricity is a deadly wallbreaker capable of breaking past common stalwarts in balance and stall builds, scoring crucial kills on Toxapex, Skarmory, and Corviknight. It is best used on Hyper Offense teams as a way of breaking common defensive cores through a mix of powerful, indiscriminate Boombursts and well predicted coverage. Its major niche The main thing that sets Toxtricity apart from other Electric-types is its access to Boomburst, which lets it hit Electric immune/resistant switch ins for high damage. Make sure to note some specific Pokemon here. Toxtricity's typing also grants it immunities to both paralysis and poison giving it plenty of switch-in and set-up opportunities against the likes of Clefable's Thunder Wave and Blissey's Toxic. The combination of Shift Gear and Drain Punch allows you to comfortably 2HKO Blissey while fully restoring your HP. Despite all of these pros Toxtricity's prowess as a wallbreaker, Toxtricity is fairly slow prior to a boost and very easy to 2HKO. Ghost types like Dragapult and Aegislash generally make using Toxtricity much more prediction reliant as they punish spamming Boomburst.

144 Attack EVs secures an OHKO on Excadrill with +1 Life Orb boosted Drain Punch. 216 Speed EVs lets you outspeed and OHKO Bisharp; if this is not deemed necessary, 112 Speed and 252 SpA Special Attack EVs maximizes Boomburst and Overdrive's power while still allowing you to outspeed the unboosted metagame after a Shift Gear. I don't really like the other benchmark mentioned here. I really think that 176 Speed EVs is the absolute minimum because of Jolly Crawdaunt. Life Orb is necessary to secure the OHKO on Excadrill as well as Rillaboom and Quagsire after Stealth Rocks, while just generally and immediately pressuring bulkier switch-ins Pokemon such as Gastrodon, Hippowdon, and Toxapex better. I don't really like the usage of switch-ins here because it implies Toxapex will switch into Toxtricity; it's moreso about the 1v1 situation where Life Orb's boost to Overdrive's damage output matters.

Suicide Lead Mew is a good partner on Hyper Offense teams due to its capacity to reliably set up Stealth Rocks and potentially layers of Spikes, which punishes the switch-ins Toxtricity constantly forces in and helps secures more KOs. This also forces Defoggers to come in, giving Toxtricity a free opportunity to set up or attack. I think you should be more specific here; Toxtricity can afford to set up on Corviknight very easily and that's definitely notable. Rillaboom is a standout partner for Toxtricity due to its ability to switch into threatening ground types like Excadrill and Hippowdon. Toxtricity can take advantage of Rillaboom's counters, namely Skarmory and Corviknight and bulky Grass types like Amoonguss and Tangrowth that are 2HKO'd and OHKO'd respectively by Boomburst. Primarina handles Rain teams well and can also act as a means of dealing with Urshifu, it appreciates Toxtricity's ability to handle Toxapex and Blissey. Volcarona likes Toxtricity's ability to deal with Blissey, which allows it to forego Safeguard in favor of flavorful coverage. Bulk Up Urshifu is another great partner that can break through teams once Toxtricity has weakened common defensive staples like Clefable. This is true, but the synergy here really goes both ways. Bulk Up Urshifu tends to leave some pretty massive holes for Toxtricity too, through substantially weakening Pokemon like Hippowdon.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[username1, userid1]]
- Quality checked by: [[username1, userid1], [username2, userid2]]
This is a significant improvement and I'm happy to give this a 2/2. I would recommend giving the grammar standards a read if you wish to write more in the future; there were a couple recurring mistakes.

On another note, I feel you would really hate the people who wrote Gen 4's epic poem-esque analyses.
How'd you know?

comments in purple, things to add in green, things to remove in red

This is a significant improvement and I'm happy to give this a 2/2. I would recommend giving the grammar standards a read if you wish to write more in the future; there were a couple recurring mistakes.

How'd you know?
Addressed!

Milak

Stoïque fierté
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Amcheck
Add (AC=Add comma)
Remove (RC=Remove comma)
Comments

[SET]
name: Shift Gear (removed bold formatting)

[SET COMMENTS]
Toxtricity is a deadly wallbreaker capable of breaking past common stalwarts in balance and stall builds, scoring crucial kills on Toxapex, Skarmory, and Corviknight. It is best used on Hyper Offense hyper offense teams as a way of breaking common defensive cores through a mix of powerful, indiscriminate (not really a fan of this term, I went with "unstoppable" because I feel like it still captures the idea but is more appropriate in the context) unstoppable Boombursts and well predicted coverage moves. The main thing setting Toxtricity apart from other Electric-types is its access to Boomburst, which lets it hit Electric immune/resistant switch ins Electric-resistant and Electric-immune switch-ins for high damage, notably Hippowdon,(RC) Tangrowth, Hippowdon,(AC) and Gastrodon. Toxtricity's typing also grants it immunities to both paralysis and poison,(AC) giving it plenty of switch-in and set-up setup opportunities against the likes of Clefable's Thunder Wave and Blissey's Toxic. The combination of Shift Gear and Drain Punch secures a comfortable 2HKO on Blissey while fully restoring Toxtricity's HP. Despite Toxtricity's effectiveness as a wallbreaker, Toxtricity it is fairly slow prior to a Shift Gear boost and very easy to 2HKO. Ghost types Ghost-types like Dragapult and Aegislash generally make using Toxtricity much more prediction reliant prediction-reliant,(AC) as they punish spamming Boomburst.

144 Attack EVs secures secure an OHKO on Excadrill with +1 Life Orb boosted Life Orb-boosted Drain Punch. 216 Speed EVs outspeeds allow it to outspeed and secure a KO on Bisharp securing a KO; However,(AC) if this is not deemed necessary, 176 Speed and 188 Special Attack EVs maximizes Boomburst maximise Boomburst's and Overdrive's power while outspeeding letting it outspeed Jolly Crawdaunt. Life Orb is necessary to secure the OHKO on Excadrill as well as Rillaboom and Quagsire after Stealth Rocks Rock and it immediately pressures bulkier switch-ins such as Hippowdon,(RC) and Toxapex.

Suicide Lead Mew is a good partner on Hyper Offense hyper offense teams due to its capacity to reliably set up Stealth Rocks Rock and potentially layers of Spikes, which punishes the switch-ins Toxtricity constantly forces in and helps secures secure more KOs. This also forces Defoggers to come in, giving Toxtricity a free opportunity to set up against the likes of Corviknight or and Mandibuzz. Rillaboom is a standout partner for Toxtricity due to its ability to switch into threatening ground types Ground-types like Excadrill and Hippowdon. Toxtricity can take advantage of Rillaboom's counters, namely Skarmory and ,(AC) Corviknight,(AC) and bulky Grass types Grass-types like Amoonguss and Tangrowth that are 2HKO'd 2HKOed and OHKO'd OHKOed respectively by Boomburst. Primarina handles Rain rain teams well and can also act as a means of dealing with Urshifu (remember to always specify which type of Urshifu you're talking about) Urshifu-S, it appreciates Toxtricity's ability to handle Toxapex and Blissey. Volcarona likes Toxtricity's ability to deal with Blissey, which allows it to forego Safeguard in favor of a flavorful coverage option. Bulk Up Urshifu Urshifu-S is another great partner to Shift Gear Toxtricity; in the early to mid game early- to mid-game, one of the pair can rip holes in the opposing team leaving the other to clean off whatever is left in the mid to late game mid- to late-game.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[username1, userid1 The Ozymandias, 209953]]
- Quality checked by: [[username1, userid1 Finchinator, 114198], [username2, userid2 Jordy, 395754]]

deetah

Bright like a diamond
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
GP & SocMed Lead
Add Remove Comments (AC) = Add Comma (RC) = Remove Comma (AH) = Add Hyphen
Please implement using https://spo.ink/gpvideo!

GP 1/1

shinxstamp.gif

[SET]
name: Shift Gear (Remove bold)

[SET COMMENTS]
Toxtricity is a deadly wallbreaker capable of breaking past common stalwarts in balance and stall builds, scoring crucial kills on eliminating foes such as Toxapex, Skarmory, and Corviknight. (Don't use the word "kill", except in revenge kill) It is best used on hyper offense (Lowercase) teams as a way of breaking common defensive cores through a mix of powerful, indiscriminate unstoppable Boombursts and well predicted coverage. The main thing setting Toxtricity apart from other Electric-types is its access to Boomburst, which lets it hit Electric immune/resistant switch ins Electric-resistant and Electric-immune switch-ins for high damage, notably Hippowdon, Tangrowth, Hippowdon, and Gastrodon. Toxtricity's typing also grants it immunities to both paralysis and poison, (AC) giving it plenty of switch-in and set-up opportunities to switch in and set up against the likes of Clefable's Thunder Wave and Blissey's Toxic. The combination of Shift Gear and Drain Punch secures allows Toxtricity to secure a comfortable 2HKO on Blissey while fully restoring Toxtricity's its HP. Despite Toxtricity's effectiveness as a wallbreaker, Toxtricity it is fairly slow prior to a boost and very easy to 2HKO. Ghost-(AH)types like Dragapult and Aegislash generally make using Toxtricity much more prediction-(AH)reliant, (AC) as they punish spamming Boomburst.

144 Attack EVs secures allow Toxtricity to secure an OHKO on Excadrill with a +1 Life Orb-(AH)boosted Drain Punch. 216 Speed EVs outspeeds help Toxtricity to outspeed and KO Bisharp securing a KO; if this is not deemed necessary, 176 Speed and 188 Special Attack EVs maximizes maximize Boomburst's and Overdrive's power while outspeeding letting it outspeed Jolly Crawdaunt. Life Orb is necessary to help Toxtricity secure the OHKO OHKOs on Excadrill as well as Rillaboom and Quagsire after Stealth Rocks Rock and it immediately pressures bulkier switch-ins such as Hippowdon, (RC) and Toxapex.

Suicide lead Mew is a good partner on hyper offense teams due to its capacity to reliably set up Stealth Rocks Rock and potentially layers of Spikes, which punishes the switch-ins Toxtricity constantly forces in and helps secures secure more KOs. This also forces Defoggers to come in, giving Toxtricity a free opportunity to set up against the likes of Corviknight or and Mandibuzz. Rillaboom is a standout partner for Toxtricity due to its ability to switch into threatening ground types Ground-types like Excadrill and Hippowdon. Toxtricity can take advantage of Rillaboom's counters, namely Skarmory, (AC) and Corviknight, (AC) and bulky Grass-(AH)types like Amoonguss and Tangrowth that are 2HKO'd 2HKOed and OHKO'd respectively OHKOed by Boomburst, (AC) respectively. Primarina handles rain teams well and can also act as a means of dealing with Urshifu-S; (SC) it appreciates Toxtricity's ability to handle Toxapex and Blissey for it. Volcarona likes Toxtricity's ability to deal with Blissey, which allows it to forego Safeguard in favor of a flavorful coverage option. Bulk Up Urshifu-S is another great partner to Shift Gear Toxtricity; in the early to mid game early- or mid-game, one of the pair can rip holes in the opposing team, (AC) leaving the other to clean off whatever is left in the mid to late game mid- or late-game.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[username1, userid1 The Ozymandias, 209953]]
- Quality checked by: [[username1, userid1 Finchinator, 114198], [username2, userid2 Jordy, 395754]]

Last edited:

[SET COMMENTS]
Toxtricity is a deadly wallbreaker capable of breaking past common stalwarts in balance and stall builds, eliminating foes such as Toxapex, Skarmory, and Corviknight. It is best used on hyper offense teams as a way of breaking common defensive cores through a mix of unstoppable Boombursts and well predicted coverage. The main thing setting Toxtricity apart from other Electric-types is its access to Boomburst, which lets it hit Electric-resistant and Electric-immune switch-ins for high damage, notably Tangrowth, Hippowdon, and Gastrodon. Toxtricity's typing also grants it immunities to both paralysis and poison, giving it plenty of opportunities to switch in and set up against the likes of Clefable's Thunder Wave and Blissey's Toxic. The combination of Shift Gear and Drain Punch allows Toxtricity to secure a comfortable 2HKO on Blissey while fully restoring its HP. Despite Toxtricity's effectiveness as a wallbreaker, it is fairly slow prior to a boost and very easy to 2HKO. Ghost-types like Dragapult and Aegislash generally make using Toxtricity much more prediction-reliant, as they punish spamming Boomburst.

144 Attack EVs allow Toxtricity to secure an OHKO on Excadrill with a +1 Life Orb-boosted Drain Punch. 216 Speed EVs help Toxtricity to outspeed and KO Bisharp; if this is not deemed necessary, 176 Speed and 188 Special Attack EVs maximize Boomburst's and Overdrive's power while letting it outspeed Jolly Crawdaunt. Life Orb is necessary to help Toxtricity secure OHKOs on Excadrill as well as Rillaboom and Quagsire after Stealth Rock and it immediately pressures bulkier switch-ins such as Hippowdon and Toxapex.

Suicide lead Mew is a good partner on hyper offense teams due to its capacity to reliably set up Stealth Rock and potentially layers of Spikes, which punishes the switch-ins Toxtricity constantly forces in and helps secure more KOs. This also forces Defoggers to come in, giving Toxtricity a free opportunity to set up against the likes of Corviknight and Mandibuzz. Rillaboom is a standout partner for Toxtricity due to its ability to switch into threatening Ground-types like Excadrill and Hippowdon. Toxtricity can take advantage of Rillaboom's counters, namely Skarmory, Corviknight, and bulky Grass-types like Amoonguss and Tangrowth that are 2HKOed and OHKOed by Boomburst, respectively. Primarina handles rain teams well and can also act as a means of dealing with Urshifu-S; it appreciates Toxtricity's ability to handle Toxapex and Blissey for it. Volcarona likes Toxtricity's ability to deal with Blissey, which allows it to forego Safeguard in favor of a flavorful coverage option. Bulk Up Urshifu-S is another great partner to Shift Gear Toxtricity; early- or mid-game, one of the pair can rip holes in the opposing team, leaving the other to clean off whatever is left mid- or late-game.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[The Ozymandias, 209953]]
- Quality checked by: [[Finchinator, 114198], [Jordy, 395754]]
[/SPOILER]
[/QUOTE]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)