Tracing the origins of "goes brrrr"

I am curious about the excessive use of this phrase on the site so I had a few questions. I have been around a long time but not consistently active. I am aware of the origin of the phrase in general but not its adoption on this site.

1) Why do users evoke this phrase ad nauseum, sometimes (literally) in excess of 5 times in a single post?
2) Why is this phrase used frequently (i.e., nearly always) in contexts where it makes no sense?
3) Who taught this phrase to Smogon users?
4) Is it possible to ban that person?

I welcome your esteemed expertise on the topic.

Albatross

Loosely Resembling Some Variety Of Bird
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributor
I use 'goes brrrr' because it replicates the constant static noise I hear from my gigantic brain, which is so large that I can hear my own synapses at all times. Sure it means I have never known true silence and sometimes at night I can't sleep because I'm too busy listening to the funky tv static in my ears, but such is the curse of having such a titanic brain. Hope this helps xx

I use 'goes brrrr' because it replicates the constant static noise I hear from my gigantic brain, which is so large that I can hear my own synapses at all times. Sure it means I have never known true silence and sometimes at night I can't sleep because I'm too busy listening to the funky tv static in my ears, but such is the curse of having such a titanic brain. Hope this helps xx
Thank you for your honest and straightforward answer. This is the best answer I could have hoped to receive.

I started teaching people the phrase back in March 2020, but it spread from those people to the OU viability thread posters. I don't know why you'd say it makes no sense, it seems quite simple to me.
"125 special attack go brrrr"
"Fishious Rend go brrrr"
"Teleport + Future Sight go brrrr"

Please tell me this is not what you intended for the users of this site.

Your energy would be much better spent complaining about people who replace Pokemon names with minisprites in their posts.
What about people who do both?

OP is sided with the hedgies lmao cope harder
This is a profound and nuanced interpretation. Thanks for sharing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)