SS Doubles OU Trick Room for Battle Spot Doubles

Hi all,
I really enjoyed playing this team in battle spot doubles without copying what I saw online based mostly on my personal taste.
I managed to reach tier 9 but now I have trouble getting on to master ball.
In particular I cannot understand how to effectively deal with pokemon like Mudsdale (especially if dynamaxed) which unfortunately at this time are very frequent.

Follow my team:

Hatterene @ Babiri berry
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Giga Drain
- Mystical Fire
- Dazzling Gleam

I switched in hatterene (before I used to play with Oranguru that I love) especially for the good coverage with mystical fire. Babiri, without critical hit and with the support of fake out by scrafty helps me a lot in setting TR. Giga drain is an experiment to face (again) mudsdale but It seems to not work so well. I decided to not use psychic on this set because I’m not supporting Hattereenee with Indeedee and psycho weaknesses are not so frequent right now.

Scrafty @ Assault Vest
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 232 HP / 124 Atk / 72 Def / 80 SpD
Brave Nature
- Fake out
- Crunch
- Ice Punch
- Drain Punch

Scrafty is important to let set the trick room with fake out and can face easily follow me indeedee with cruch (or a ghost dragapult).
Drain punch ensure me healings that works properly with this bulky setup. Especially after a dynamax with some boost to attack it can hit very hard on TTar, Ferrothorn, Copperajah and other stuffs that create problems to Hatterenee.

Vaporeon @ Citrus Berry
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 140 HP / 116 Def / 248 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet nature
- Protect
- Helping Hand
- Scald
- Ice beam

Vaporeon is one of the most successful poke that I use. It's bulky, it can set rain with dynamax for facing Torkoal and can random burn relatively easy. It's speed not so low also helps to manage situation against hard trick room (again with torkoal). It is capable to take 2 hits from rotom and ferrothorn... Unfortunately it suffer terribly Duraludon.

Dusclops @ Eviolite
Nature: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Protect
- Trick Room
- Will-O-Wisp
- Night Shade

This bulky guy help me a lot to set trick room and to burn physical based teams. Currently, is one of the real answers that I have against Mudsdale, Rhyperior, eviolite Corsola that usually try to stall the match or totally unexpected dubwool. If the opponent lead doesn’t include a lucky hydreigon capable of let me flinch, dusklops is probably always capable of setting trick room even if not supported by scrafty.

Copperajah @ Life orb
Ability: Sheer force
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
Brave Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Superpower

This guy helps me to clean the field after a proper setted trick room and to face random fairy such as Grimmsnarl, sylveon, hatterene (and aslo TTar with sand and Excadrill). But unfortunately, especially when not dynamaxed, it not so useful without speed management due to some very frequent fight moves. For that reason, I'm thinking to change it with Snorlax (also for the GMax allowance of January) thinking to replace with Snorlax)

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barb
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Atk / 88 Def / 80 SpD
Brave Nature
- Protect
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed

This was added to face rotom wash, milotic, Gastrodon (and with bad result, also mudsdale). I'm not so satisfied from this slot... I thought to some switch but I'm not able to find a good solution. It works well against others trick room teams but only if they haven’t Torkoal, and that unfortunately doesn’t’ happen too often.

Any suggestion? Also for EV spread because I'm relatevely new to competitive.. Sorry for my bad English.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to Smogon! I'm locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least 3 lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this. If you need help with the explanations, you can use the smogon dex for help.

I also recommend you paste your sets in using the below format:
Pokemon @ Item
Ability:
EVs: X HP / X Def / X SpD
X Nature
- Move 1
- Move 2
- Move 3
- Move 4

Unlocked

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)